I hate rumors, especially starting them, but this is what I learned from AT&T customer service today. I currently have a Cingular 8125 smartphone (really not that smart) whose battery is not hold much of a charge any more. I tried to find a new battery at various AT&T stores, only to be told that they don't carry those any more. I then called our AT&T rep for our company and complained and said that I didn't want to shell out $40 + shipping to get a new battery when what I really wanted was a new BB Bold. Her suggestion was to get on eBay and find a cheaper battery. Then I complained to her supervisor about the wise *** comment, and the supervisor told me that if I could limp along for another 3-4 weeks, that the Bold would be avaialble by the end of the month. I was in shock - this was the first time any AT&T rep had ever quoted anything about the availability of the Bold. Well that's my two cents worth!
    PS - my battery on my phone just died, so I guess I have to get a new battery anyway!
    07-01-08 08:55 PM
    Oh please let it be true! Still, I have my doubts since we know the unveiling in Canada isn't until the 25th (?). So it may be a push to think that AT&T could get it out a mere few days later. Then again, if the stars are aligned correctly, it might just happen!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-01-08 09:11 PM
    I guess its really a waiting game...
    we could do a pool and guess when it'll be out..

Thats cool though you got word from someone who works at ATT ...who knows if theyre right or wrong but i cant get anything outa anyone from rogers.

hey dose anyone know why they have announced the releace for the Iphone but not the BBB?
    07-01-08 09:11 PM
    Because Apple was ready with their product and they were done testing...

RIM still has issues/bugs to work out.

Another reason Apple releases things like this is due to them (Steve Jobs) loving to be in control.
    07-02-08 12:27 AM
    Lets hope your right!

07-02-08 02:32 AM
    Interestingly this is now (at least) the second thread to mention the end of July.

Who said that 'patience is a virtue'!!
    07-02-08 03:49 AM
    RIM stated no delays no issues, that August was the month. We only have rumors of continued issues with the OS and battery life. Rumors can be true but unless backed up with proof they are just rumors.
    07-02-08 12:15 PM
    I hate rumors, especially starting them, but this is what I learned from AT&T customer service today. I currently have a Cingular 8125 smartphone (really not that smart) whose battery is not hold much of a charge any more. I tried to find a new battery at various AT&T stores, only to be told that they don't carry those any more. I then called our AT&T rep for our company and complained and said that I didn't want to shell out $40 + shipping to get a new battery when what I really wanted was a new BB Bold. Her suggestion was to get on eBay and find a cheaper battery. Then I complained to her supervisor about the wise *** comment, and the supervisor told me that if I could limp along for another 3-4 weeks, that the Bold would be avaialble by the end of the month. I was in shock - this was the first time any AT&T rep had ever quoted anything about the availability of the Bold. Well that's my two cents worth!
    PS - my battery on my phone just died, so I guess I have to get a new battery anyway!
    Well, this is the first one ..... bold released july 27 by at&t .....and yours is the second ....so far.
    07-02-08 12:43 PM
    I have been told by multiple people at cingular, and other cell phone kiosks that it won't be coming out 'til august. But no one knows a specific date.

07-02-08 01:18 PM
    ok, for whats it worth, this is one of those "my friend that works at At &t..." posts.

my wife just texted me on my garbage iphone and told me that her fellow teacher who works for At&t customer service part time, was just informed that the Bold will be delayed until "end of the year". That could mean a few different things but i just figured i'd stir the pot a little. Who knows? i wish it would just get here!!
    07-02-08 01:28 PM
    Well, this is the first one ..... bold released july 27 by at&t .....and yours is the second ....so far.
    the only problem with this one is that the 27th is a Sunday. i have 3 At&t stores near my home and work and they don't even open on Sunday. i seriously doubt this one will hold water.
    07-02-08 01:30 PM
    I just wanted to point out that in my initial post, the AT&T rep had only said by the end of July. Some other post has mentioned July 27th, not me. I can only express what I said before - this is the first time any AT&T person had mentioned a possible release time frame to me. I can only assume that things are getting closer.
    07-02-08 02:57 PM
    I just got off the phone with At&t and got some bad info... I was told that the Bold wouldn't be out until fall! That really sucks but my contract at T-mo doesn't end until sept. so it might be of benefit to me. And it was just a rep. who handles our corporate account. I work at a big university and she said that fall was the planned release frame. So I'm guessing Sept maybe late august? I wish they would just announce the date so I can start plotting my T-mo upheaval! LOL
    07-02-08 03:14 PM
    no one should ever listen to a CSR about release dates unless they're officially published. I'm sure your guess is as good as theirs. I'm in Canada and a Rogers rep told me August for the Bold... haha
    07-02-08 03:24 PM
    Lets just stop stirring up info unless you have some documentation to support it. BGR already stated mid August to early Sept. By coming out with this posting, your just getting people hopes up all over again. If it comes out early, then it will be a great suprise to us.
    07-02-08 03:35 PM
    As much as I would love to get my hands on a Bold, I am not even getting worked up about it until an actual release date has been issued. Worrying about when it will be available is like waiting for an official version of OS 4.5....you can want it as much as you want, but until it is actually available you aint gonna get it
    07-02-08 03:54 PM
    It hits when it hits. The sooner the better but seriously AT&T could care less what we think or do. If a big customer said I need 50k of them by Aug. 1st you know they would be rolling out by Aug. 1st. But that is a whole lot of if and right now we are working with maybe possibly someday this year but likely anytime before December 31st.
    07-02-08 05:28 PM
    When do we think T-Mobile will get the Bold??
    07-02-08 05:40 PM
    When do we think T-Mobile will get the Bold??
    Don't even know for sure if they will get it. Rumors are they will only get the Javelin but who really know. Every carrier should carry it as it going to be a great device.
    07-02-08 05:56 PM
    Oh please let it be true! Still, I have my doubts since we know the unveiling in Canada isn't until the 25th (?). So it may be a push to think that AT&T could get it out a mere few days later. Then again, if the stars are aligned correctly, it might just happen!

well, just like everyone else, i don't have a clue. Either way, I don't see how At&t getting it a couple days after Rogers (if they get it on the 25th which hasn't even been confirmed) is so unbelievable. Rogers and At&t are breaking the iPhone at the same time arent they? Personally, I think if the rumors of Rogers getting it on the 25th are true, that At &t will break it at the same time. On the other hand, my wifes co-worker works for At & t customer service part time. Don't know if it holds water or not but she said they are delaying it until the end of the year. And, she's the second one i've heard that from, the other one on this site, all saying the Fall. In all honesty, I sure hope they are wrong. I haven't decided that i'm definitely getting the Bold yet but getting one in my hands to try it out sure would be nice. Being on the sighphone, i can't wait to jump on something else!
    07-02-08 08:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD