Hello everyone,

Just now I had a very confusing experience.

My bold suddenly rebooted itself, and after it's got on the main screen, there's a progress bar which after completed shows that bold has finished installing a software.

The thing is, I've never told bold to install anything. Not as far as I can remember it.

Is it the work of hackers? Can they install things like keylogger remotely via their workstation to my bold?
    07-21-09 08:56 AM
    What was it that was installed? I'm thinking it's a service book that was pushed by your carrier. Don't know why your phone restarted itself, but a service book can only be added once you reboot your phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-21-09 09:01 AM
    What was it that was installed? I'm thinking it's a service book that was pushed by your carrier. Don't know why your phone restarted itself, but a service book can only be added once you reboot your phone.

Hmm, I'm using my bold as tethered modem via bluetooth when it happened. Can a carrier push things to me when I tether my bold via bluetooth?

I have no idea what was installed. Is there any way to check newly installed softwares?
    07-21-09 09:03 AM
    I'm not sure what you might have had happen but I'd have to say the chance of it being hackers is so small as to not exsist. Even if it wasn't a service book, I would still agree with the first reply and say it's something that was pushed by your carrier.
    07-21-09 09:05 AM
    Are you on BES?
    07-21-09 09:05 AM
    I have no experience on tethering so I can't say that it could or couldn't happen. And no, there's no way of seeing what's new on your phone. Check your home screen icons and see if anything looks out of ordinary, like it wasn't there before.

07-21-09 09:06 AM
    Are you on BES?
    Nope, I'm not.
    07-21-09 09:10 AM
    I have no experience on tethering so I can't say that it could or couldn't happen. And no, there's no way of seeing what's new on your phone. Check your home screen icons and see if anything looks out of ordinary, like it wasn't there before.

Hmm nothing looks out of ordinary. Hope it's a good indication .
    07-21-09 09:11 AM
    I'm not sure what you might have had happen but I'd have to say the chance of it being hackers is so small as to not exsist. Even if it wasn't a service book, I would still agree with the first reply and say it's something that was pushed by your carrier.
    That's a relief. Hope it really is just things pushed by my carriers.
    07-21-09 09:11 AM
    Hello everyone,

Just now I had a very confusing experience.

My bold suddenly rebooted itself, and after it's got on the main screen, there's a progress bar which after completed shows that bold has finished installing a software.

The thing is, I've never told bold to install anything. Not as far as I can remember it.

Is it the work of hackers? Can they install things like keylogger remotely via their workstation to my bold?
    Are you sure the progress bar didn't say "Verifying Security Software." BB's don't tend to auto install apps unless you tell it to. That being the case, what software did it install? Look in your Download folder...

BTW, your BB can't be hacked, it can only be cracked, by you!
    07-21-09 09:18 AM
    Are you sure the progress bar didn't say "Verifying Security Software." BB's don't tend to auto install apps unless you tell it to. That being the case, what software did it install? Look in your Download folder...

BTW, your BB can't be hacked, it can only be cracked, by you!
    Hmm, nothing new is in download folder.

And you're right! I caught only a glimpse of the progress bar explanation and I think it did say "Verifying Security Software"!

Is that normal?
    Last edited by Michaelyoh; 07-21-09 at 09:43 AM.
    07-21-09 09:40 AM
    Hmm, nothing is in download folder.

And you're right! I caught only a glimpse of the progress bar explanation and I think it did say "Verifying Security Software"!

Is that normal?
    Does it every time you restart.
    07-21-09 09:44 AM
    Hmm, nothing new is in download folder.

Is that normal?
    Yes, it's normal. It's just verifying your PIN and all that jazz.

07-21-09 09:50 AM
    Does it every time you restart.
    Thanks!

Now there is only left one unclear point.

Why did the bold restart by itself.
    07-21-09 09:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD