I have had my BB Bold for about 2 months now. I am noticing that the emails I have only go back about a month. For some reason the Bold is automatically deleting emails older than a month (approx). I have the setting set to keep messages for 6 months. My total free space on the device memory is 825.3 MB out of 859.2MB. My application Memory free space is 5.8 MB.

I seem to have an adequate amount of free space to store emails for 6 months (I think). It is not deleting my call log.

What's the problem here. Is it a memory issue? And if so would it help if I bought a memory card for the phone?
    08-20-09 10:08 AM
    Forget about device memory, low app memory is your problem, either reboot or get rid of some of the fart apps lol.
    08-20-09 10:47 AM
    For starters, do a battery pull to re up your memory.

Yes a memory card is highly recommended for pics and music.
    It will also help if your upgrade your OS. Just do your research first then ask is you need more help.
    welcome
    08-20-09 11:05 AM
    run through the memory cleaner,delete the event log followed by a battery pull
    08-20-09 11:44 AM
    Also, make sure you close the apps properly after use by selecting "close" option from the menu.
    08-21-09 04:12 AM
    So...adding a memory card will not help in saving my emails in the inbox? Basically I just have to delete some apps and keep my app memory up in order to avoid losing my emails? How much App memory should I have?

I use my BB primarily for work and I need to have an extended log of emails in case I need to search through them to find vital info.
    08-21-09 09:59 AM
    So...adding a memory card will not help in saving my emails in the inbox? Basically I just have to delete some apps and keep my app memory up in order to avoid losing my emails? How much App memory should I have?

I use my BB primarily for work and I need to have an extended log of emails in case I need to search through them to find vital info.
    More than likely, you don't even need to delete apps. I have a ton of apps on my Bold and still have like 30mb of app memory free. The likely cause of your low app memory is a memory leak. This happens with BB's for some reason if you leave apps open instead of closing them properly. It also is an issue with the OS. Some OS versions are worse than others.

1. Pull your battery for like 15-20 seconds. You should do this every other day or so anyway. Think of it as a reboot on your computer.
    2. Make sure you always close your apps. Hitting escape does not close them. You need to hit your blackberry button and scroll down to close.
    3. Possibly install a newer OS than you have. If you have the original OS that came with your Bold, just hang on a few more days. ATT is supposed to be releasing an official OS on the 25th of this month. When it comes out, jump back on here and we can help you load it up. Do not do the optional OTA download that they will say you can do. Get on here and someone will link you to the correct instructions.

Hope this helps. Any other questions just ask.

I'll subscribe to this thread to make sure I help you out.
    Last edited by TallyHo; 08-21-09 at 10:10 AM.
    08-21-09 10:07 AM

After a battery pull, go to options- status.
    You should have between 30-55 MB file free. This will vary according to your OS and # of apps. The file free will go up and down during normal usage. If your file free gets to about 10MB or lower, that is probably when you will start to get auto deletes.

As the others suggested, make sure you close apps when you are done, also check your settings on certain apps. You do not want them to auto update often in the background. Certain apps are know memory hogs when the settings are not correct. (twitter apps, viigo, FB, weather apps).
    08-21-09 10:20 AM
    Thanks everyone!
    08-23-09 02:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD