Hi Everybody,

I bougth bold 9930 from usa, but i live in turkey. my gsm supplier is vodafoneTR. it says that it couldn't supply bis which phone's vendor id=105 . My phone is verizon. I have to change vendor id.

How can i change it , can you help me ?
    02-07-12 12:01 PM
    Does your carrier use the same frequencies at the Verizon phone. I use a Canadian 9900 on the AT&T network in the USA and there is no need to change vendor id to make it work.

The vendor ID is hardwired into the device and can not be changed by mortals.
    02-07-12 12:11 PM
    Does your carrier use the same frequencies at the Verizon phone. I use a Canadian 9900 on the AT&T network in the USA and there is no need to change vendor id to make it work.

The vendor ID is hardwired into the device and can not be changed by mortals.

It can be changed with QPST. Google it.

BlackBerry Bold® 9930 using Tapatalk
    Hgouck likes this.
    02-07-12 12:12 PM
    Why do people buy CDMA devices to use on GSM networks... then wonder why they don't work?
    02-07-12 12:15 PM
    You could just unlock the phone and use a GSM sim card.

There are companies that will give you the code for free.

BlackBerry Bold® 9930 using Tapatalk
    02-07-12 01:34 PM
    i could not understand ?
    02-07-12 02:00 PM
    i could not understand ?
    I don't think you can get the BlackBerry service books sent to your phone without CDMA service. If you check the threads here, there is one that has the instructions for manually moving the service books to your phone using the BlackBerry Desktop Software if you have another BlackBerry on your network to copy them from.

I think the point Phill-UK was making is that buying a CDMA Blackberry to use on a GSM network is like trying to put a square peg in a round hole. The GSM functionality on them is just to facilitate roaming on GSM networks, not full time use.

Here is the thread. I don't know if it works though.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...3/#post7086825
    Last edited by robsteve; 02-07-12 at 03:32 PM.
    02-07-12 03:24 PM
    Hi Everybody,

I bougth bold 9930 from usa, but i live in turkey. my gsm supplier is vodafoneTR. it says that it couldn't supply bis which phone's vendor id=105 . My phone is verizon. I have to change vendor id.

How can i change it , can you help me ?
    If you like the 99xx series phones I would sell the 9930 which is designed primarily for CDMA type service and purchase a 9900 which is designed for GSM service.
    02-07-12 04:47 PM
    9900 blackberry from o3 or o2 , can u help me it only works on wifi and gsm ?
    please help .
    05-26-13 09:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD