Hi all, Im hoping someone can help me. I did the software update and my phone has been stuck on Social Feeds 15% since saturday at 6pm. I've done multiple battery pulls and have also plugged into the laptop on desktop manager, and still nothing works.....pls help.
    08-13-12 08:27 PM
    Try hooking your device up to device mananger and download the update from there.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    moonshinejm likes this.
    08-13-12 08:42 PM
    was it an ota update?
    moonshinejm likes this.
    08-13-12 09:13 PM
    08-13-12 09:26 PM
    I have a similar problem when I sync my phone with my Macbook pro, it gets stuck on the social feeds for some reason. So I just sync everything but that, kind of a pain.
    moonshinejm likes this.
    08-13-12 09:58 PM
    Idk if it was an ota update? and I did hook it up to the device manager and it just says connecting and never connects. I dont know what else to do.
    08-13-12 10:44 PM
    Idk if it was an ota update? and I did hook it up to the device manager and it just says connecting and never connects. I dont know what else to do.
    your going to have to just reload the os..do you have a backup or your files
    08-13-12 10:49 PM
    If you were using Desktop Manager (DM), which is sounds like you were, try the following:

* Battery pull or restart the Blackberry

* Full computer restart

* Assuming you can Connect, perform a Custom Backup prior to the update, then uncheck "perform backup" when you do the update. Another user had the same problem with Social Feeds (or some other area).

- Scott
    08-14-12 08:12 PM
    If you were using Desktop Manager (DM), which is sounds like you were, try the following:

* Battery pull or restart the Blackberry

* Full computer restart

* Assuming you can Connect, perform a Custom Backup prior to the update, then uncheck "perform backup" when you do the update. Another user had the same problem with Social Feeds (or some other area).

- Scott

I'm having the same issue, but I don't think I have the option to uncheck "perform backup" when updating through my Macbook. I've never had an issue before with an update, but now its getting stuck on this social feeds.
    08-15-12 11:14 AM
    I'm having the same issue, but I don't think I have the option to uncheck "perform backup" when updating through my Macbook. I've never had an issue before with an update, but now its getting stuck on this social feeds.
    I'm not sure why Social Feeds is a problem, but it is (many people have mentioned in on CrackBerry). Within Custom Backup, you can uncheck Social Feeds and you'll be in good shape.

- Scott
    08-15-12 11:29 AM
    Oh i've done that when performing a backup, I'm trying to update the new OS. So I did that and performed a backup. Now when updating I unchecked perform backup so I can get around the social feeds issue. I'll keep you posted how this goes.I'm on a Macbook as well, so things might be a little different
    08-15-12 12:01 PM
    Oh i've done that when performing a backup, I'm trying to update the new OS. So I did that and performed a backup. Now when updating I unchecked perform backup so I can get around the social feeds issue. I'll keep you posted how this goes.I'm on a Macbook as well, so things might be a little different
    I had a similar issue. This worked for me.
    08-15-12 12:23 PM
    Well I just did it, and it seems like nothing is in my phone. Email, txt messages, contacts, etc....Might have to restore from the latest backup
    08-15-12 12:26 PM
    Ok I did a restore and most of the items have been restored. One that has not is email. If I restore selected data, what does email fall under? Is it just messages?
    08-15-12 12:53 PM
    Ok I did a restore and most of the items have been restored. One that has not is email. If I restore selected data, what does email fall under? Is it just messages?
    yup. Messages
    BuddyC_cb likes this.
    08-15-12 01:22 PM
    was it an ota update?
    ota = Over the Air

meaning you're updating the OS wirelessly without using the Blackberry Desktop Manager software.

OTA updates are not recommended because they take longer, and are more susceptible to failure.
    08-15-12 01:24 PM
    First time I did it, I got an error message. Successful on the 2nd try. We'll see how this update is now! Thanks for the help
    08-15-12 01:41 PM
    Hi I tried to update my blackberry 9900. it gave me error 507 and now when I am trying to connect to computer: Its
    1. Not being recognized on the computer.
    2. Even the battery is charged doesn't show the red light
    3. Tried bootloader app doesnt gets reconized there.

I believe there's got to be some way out of this. Can someone help?
    08-16-12 03:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD