Solavei is a new company that started up in Sept and runs on the T-mobile network but it pays you for referring a few people to the service. It comes with unlimited voice, text, and data. I have unlocked my blackberry from Sprint but I cannot get MMS messages or any web based program to work on it. I found some info on here for getting the Bold 9930 to run on a t-mobile network but but now that I did that it just says that i do not have permission to and need to upgrade my account and pay for web services. In this process of trying to get it to work I updated my os to 7.1.0.580 (1737). I have tried messing with the APN and installing t-mobile service books and am still not getting anywhere. Any help would be appreciated. below are some instructional setting I found for another smart phone on Solavei but I don't think it fully applies to a blackberry. I cannot figure out how to input or change some of the data it gives...

All settings are CASE SENSITIVE.
    Go to Settings
    Go to More...
    Go to Mobile Networks
    Make sure Data Enabled is checked
    Make sure Data Roaming is checked
    Go to Access Point Names
    Delete any APN's that might already be there.

Make a new APN and call it Solavei WEB
    APN: solavei
    MCC: 310
    MN: 260
    APN Type: default
    APN Protocol: IPv4
    All other settings should say Not Set

Create a second APN and call it Solavei
    APN: solavei
    MMSC: http://solavei.mmsmvno.com/mms/wapenc
    MMS Proxy: 216.155.165.50
    MMSC: 8080
    MCC: 310
    MNC: 260
    Authentication Type: PAP
    APN Type: mms

Save the APN and power off the phone.
    Power the phone back on and test calls, texts, MMS, and verify everything works.

Thanks for any help!!
    12-04-12 05:15 PM
    You need a BlackBerry data plan for MMS and any data-based apps to work... but chances are your new carrier doesn't support this
    12-04-12 06:41 PM
    Sorry I am just learning about a lot of this... what's the Difference between a blackberry data plan and a regular one? shouldn't they all access the web the same? No they do not have any support for a blackberry. Are you saying that because they do not support blackberries that its impossible to hack the blackberry to work with them even though they are on the t-mobile network which does support them?
    12-04-12 10:41 PM
    Data on a BlackBerry goes through RIM's servers, so you need a specific BlackBerry (BIS) data plan from your carrier for access.
    A regular data plan will not work on a BlackBerry. If your carrier does not support BlackBerry, then you're SOL... there is no 'hack'
    At best, you may be able to gain internet access over wifi, but you won't get MMS, email, BBM, or any other data-based app to work.
    12-04-12 11:16 PM
    Hello

Well... I used to have ATT service on BlackBerry Torch 2. I ordered to unlock my blackberry and switched the service to Solavei. Before switching to Solavei, I used my cellphone's IMEI in order to get Solavei Sim Card. I took a risk and I activated sim card for transferring the phone number. I inserted it in my blackberry and it works. Browser (speed: EDGE), Text, and Voice are working but like BBM, MMS, EMAIL, are not working. I did this for my dad. My dad used wifi to surf the internet at home. =D any questiion, feel free to ask. Check it out Eric Cardenas, Social Member | Independent Solavei Member
    01-14-13 03:09 AM
    Great !
    I agreed.
    03-18-13 05:30 AM
    I have the solution for any blackberry Internet (not using RIM as service) for solavei, if interested send me a PM
    08-02-13 07:27 PM
    Have you found the issue ?
    11-02-13 07:44 PM
    Did anyone find the solution for Blackberry on Solavei?
    11-08-13 01:00 PM