Ok crack berry world please bring me back to life. I am due for an upgrade in October and my first thought was to purchase the bold 9930 for sprint but...... All of a sudden I see this Samsung epic 4g touchscreen! If you all had a choice what would you choose? Be aware I have a tour right now but should I switch?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    09-25-11 04:36 PM
    Neither are worth the upgrade. Better phones are coming in time for the holidays.
    09-25-11 04:54 PM
    List the top 5 features you value in a phone.
    09-25-11 04:58 PM
    What is your phone used for business or pleasure? Of course the android device can do more but again it all depends on what you are looking for.
    09-25-11 05:01 PM
    Samsung epic 4g all the way. Os7 will die a horrible death with no apps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-25-11 05:24 PM
    List the top 5 features you value in a phone.
    Letssss see........

Communication, apps, media, quality, and style of phone

09-25-11 06:38 PM
    Samsung Epic.

Better apps, media. Good communication, style. I prefer email on an Android as well.
    Last edited by chrisy520; 09-26-11 at 11:08 AM.
    09-25-11 07:35 PM
    Are you looking at the Epic 4G with a keyboard or the Galaxy S II Epic?

I had the Epic 4G (with keyboard) for about a year and a half, which is a long time for me. Great phone, the developer community is a little small, 4G didn't work anywhere and is terrible when traveling, the battery life isn't great, but better than a lot of Androids.

However, I'm using a 9930 now and not looking back.
    09-26-11 10:46 AM
    Pretty sure the Galaxy S II version.

And if you have issues typing accurately and fast on a soft keyboard on a 4.52" SuperAMOLED+ display, the phone isn't the problem...
    09-26-11 11:27 AM
    Letssss see........

Communication, apps, media, quality, and style of phone

The only thing lacking on 9930 is apps. The thing is a phenomenal communication device, it's solid and looks awesome! I too thought about droid until I went and played with the new bold...nothing wrong with droid, just something about the 9930.
    09-26-11 11:37 AM
    The only thing lacking on 9930 is apps. The thing is a phenomenal communication device, it's solid and looks awesome! I too thought about droid until I went and played with the new bold...nothing wrong with droid, just something about the 9930.
    Ahhhhhhhhhhhh I'm getting mixed answers! I love both phones I really do. It's just something about that Samsung but the bold is just beautiful. I think the only reason why I'm considering the bold is because I already have a iPad for my media addiction. What you guys think?

09-26-11 08:05 PM
    Pretty sure the Galaxy S II version.

And if you have issues typing accurately and fast on a soft keyboard on a 4.52" SuperAMOLED+ display, the phone isn't the problem...
    I have a problem typing on a 7" screen, so touch screen period can be a problem for a lot of us. Nothing to feel.
    09-26-11 10:25 PM
    Ahhhhhhhhhhhh I'm getting mixed answers! I love both phones I really do. It's just something about that Samsung but the bold is just beautiful. I think the only reason why I'm considering the bold is because I already have a iPad for my media addiction. What you guys think?

This is exactly what I currently use. Cant think of a better combo.

09-27-11 06:50 AM
    If you are looking for a device which is solid and is amazing at comms then you should look for the 9930. I typed on that touch screen once and my fingers ached afterwards. My 9930 has everything that I want except for apps.... I'm pretty sure though that they will come soon. I hope so...........
    Take the 9930 for all of the above except for apps. If you want apps at the moment then this phone isn't for you to be honest.......

09-27-11 07:07 AM
    Ok fellas so it seems as though I need to go with the bold 9930! Oct 1st is on sat, so I think I will just head down to the local best buy and buy it for 200. I just hope I won't regret it

09-27-11 06:35 PM
    I am sure it would suffice coming from a Tour. I personally at this moment prefer Android as I do more media things with it and honestly communicates just as good as my 9700 did. only things I really missed at first where battery life and my physical keyboard, but ever since trying different apps for keyboards to find a perfect one for me and switching to GB and battery life has improved a ton, I am sticking with my mytouch 4G until upgrade in February. Hopefully QNX will be out or around the corner, if not then rocking the newest high powered Android.

The 9930/9900 are the best BB's thus far, I will say that much.

09-27-11 08:29 PM
    I have a problem typing on a 7" screen, so touch screen period can be a problem for a lot of us. Nothing to feel.
    A 7" screen is not easy to type on, period. A 4.52" screen should be easy for a chimp, nevermind a human. You're comparing apples to watermelons. I can touch type on my touchscreen devices np. Especially the 4.3" screen... Maybe you should give it more than a week... Or less?

Sent from my HD7 using Board Express
    09-27-11 10:51 PM
    Wow. I'm surprised most said to get the Samsung.

But since you have an iPad for your media/apps needs. The 9930 should be a good choice.

Let us know what you think of it once you've got it.
    09-27-11 11:30 PM
    Ok I will make sure to update y'all once I get the bold this weekend. Hopefully the sales rep won't try to change my mind

09-27-11 11:59 PM
    They are right to try to change your mind. It is a much more powerful device overall (Samsung). For most people buying smartphones business use and communication are not really their primary needs. Media consumption in whatever form it may take usually is the objective. Games, social networking, videos, playing on the web... Android smartphones with huge screens are better for this.

If you want the better choice for calling, whether up to your ear, speakerphone (really excellent on the Bold), or bluetooth the BlackBerry is the better choice. Anything regarding PIM, meaning contacts, calendar, tasks, notes, and documents all work better with BlackBerry. Everything that I want to do in the Bold is fast and accomplished without half an hour of flick scrolling around.

I like both. I have found myself more comfortable with the Bold now than I was with any of my previous Android devices. It is true that I have never used the Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4g (are they really serious with that name?) but my last phone was its closest competitor, the Sensation, and before that a G2x (and about 8 others since last October) so I pretty familiar with what to expect.
    dev2nsu likes this.
    09-28-11 01:14 AM
    Bold 9930!
    09-28-11 01:38 AM
    They are right to try to change your mind. It is a much more powerful device overall (Samsung). For most people buying smartphones business use and communication are not really their primary needs. Media consumption in whatever form it may take usually is the objective. Games, social networking, videos, playing on the web... Android smartphones with huge screens are better for this.

If you want the better choice for calling, whether up to your ear, speakerphone (really excellent on the Bold), or bluetooth the BlackBerry is the better choice. Anything regarding PIM, meaning contacts, calendar, tasks, notes, and documents all work better with BlackBerry. Everything that I want to do in the Bold is fast and accomplished without half an hour of flick scrolling around.

I like both. I have found myself more comfortable with the Bold now than I was with any of my previous Android devices. It is true that I have never used the Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4g (are they really serious with that name?) but my last phone was its closest competitor, the Sensation, and before that a G2x (and about 8 others since last October) so I pretty familiar with what to expect.
    Okay okay okay I'm clearly going with the bold 9930! Like I said earlier in my post, I have an iPad for all my media play around stuff and I have had my tour for 2 years and I'm still in love with it. Jumping from OS 5 to OS 7 is going to be fun!

09-28-11 07:20 PM
    How will you be backing up your Bold 9930 ?

PC or Mac

I am on a Mac and for over 2 years didn't have any trouble backing up the Curve 8330. Got the Bold 9930, had problems got a second one a few days later. Both going back.

I am now deciding between Samsung Epic 2 and iPhone. Sprint is rumored to bring iPhone during Oct, but that will definitely do away with the everything anytime for $99 a month and will herald the multi-tier data programs.

I need to decide if I want the Samsun before Apple has their October conference.

I am not so sure that Apple is a successful with their iPhone as they have been with computers. Honestly, have loved my Macs for decades, but somehow didn't like the iPHone in the Apple store last week as well as I like the Evo, Samsung, and something else with touch screen yesterday. The Android OS phones really have nice screen compared to the small iPhone screen.

I liked using the BB 9930 but having two phones wiped of contacts and having to have Sprint store backup 8330 with no way to do it online with Sprint, I am not going to get another Blackberry ... BB OS 7 just won't work with restore and backup on my Mac.

Android I can backup contacts at least on Google along with Calendar. iPhone won't be a problem to backup but not sure I'll like using it ....

Decisions !
    09-28-11 11:01 PM
    I am going to try the IPhone 5 if it comes to sprint. It will pair nicely with my iPad and Apple TV. If it doesnt come I might get the photon on EBay.
    09-28-11 11:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD