Hi,
    I just joined the forum, and I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this question... I apologize if it's ill-placed.

I'm from India. I've been thinking of getting a Bold 9900, but I've been reading so many threads about the power issue (where the phone gets bricked after an overnight charge from a low battery percentage).

Has RIM addressed/fixed this issue with a software update if any kind?
    I've been google-ing this for a couple of hours, but couldn't find any information after 'RIM acknowledges issue with 9900/9930'

I'd really appreciate any information regarding the same.

Thanks!

Pradeep am also from India.. Yess there were some issues with 9900, but dont worry apart from batery life you may not find any batery related trouble.. But yess signal strength is a problem.. So i would suggest try BB-10 phone like q-10 or q-5.. Why settel for less when u have better option..
    09-13-13 05:53 AM
    Took several tries. But finally on 991. It's much more responsive. Phew, there was a point I thought I bricked my phone.
    09-24-13 03:12 AM
    when could it update 1xxx?
    10-12-13 02:16 AM
    Skype Mobile is dead as of this OS update. It freezes my 9930 here, have to pull the battery to recover. Found three users at the Skype user�s web forum who were complaining about exactly the same problem. They had to roll back the OS one version to get it to work again.

They also posted a URL where they were able to download the v1.4.0.13 client, but I can't manually download the Skype_mobile.jar file (but the rest of the package downloaded ok). Try this from your BB browser:

http://mobile.vzw.com/download/Bourb...ype_mobile.jad

Note that if it the URL doesn't appear to work, check for characters substituted (or type it by hand).
    10-12-13 07:58 PM
    I updated my 9930 to 2705 a few weeks ago and no problems EXCEPT that the Timer application no longer seems to play the audible notify when it completes. This is very annoying because I use this to cook steaks and other very important things like that.

Now this seems to happen only when the screensaver is activated or device is locked -- if I keep touching the screen every few seconds until the timer is done it WILL play the alert sound, otherwise the timer just silently finishes (meaning possible overcooked steak). I used to use the timer app all of the time so I know this wasn't the case before, and otherwise I didn't change any settings.

I can't seem to find other reports of this... or am I just the only one who uses Timer with this specific version?
    10-14-13 04:11 PM
    I updated my 9930 to 2705 a few weeks ago and no problems EXCEPT that the Timer application no longer seems to play the audible notify when it completes. This is very annoying because I use this to cook steaks and other very important things like that.

Now this seems to happen only when the screensaver is activated or device is locked -- if I keep touching the screen every few seconds until the timer is done it WILL play the alert sound, otherwise the timer just silently finishes (meaning possible overcooked steak). I used to use the timer app all of the time so I know this wasn't the case before, and otherwise I didn't change any settings.

I can't seem to find other reports of this... or am I just the only one who uses Timer with this specific version?
    I've had 2705 for months, and also use the timer for cooking. Unfortunately, I haven't had the issue your having.

Stupid Question: Will the timer audible sound if the screen is off but unlocked or is it the locking that kills the audible?

- Scott
    10-14-13 06:20 PM
    this is why berry is not doing so well!!!! i love my Z10 my Q10 my Playbook!!! i loved my 7290 8800 8830 9000 9900 ......

pam pam
    10-17-13 11:01 PM
    nothing new for 9930 ? Still 2705 OS ? i have some problems and i hope to resolve with something new...
    10-23-13 08:32 AM
    Bundle 2879 appears available from Verizon. Not a biggie though. just looks like security tightening for browser.

-Tom
    11-10-13 06:36 PM
134 ... 456