Just installed .991. Desktop Manager needed an update before the OS Update. Performed a DM Backup before the Update Backup just in-case.

Everything went well, had to go through the usual enter-usernames, setup configs, and so on. YouTube's icon got updated, saw a few new apps (Caller Name ID?), thought I saw Protect provide a notification about the "first backup successful", which I never saw before. Outside of that, just another update.

Would love to see BlackBerry go big on OS7 and include ActiveSync support in an update like OS10, but that's just me (workplace is going Exchange, I don't want to go Q10 yet, will try BIS Outlook Web Access).

- Scott
    Although I have primarily been on Wi-Fi, battery life has improved by maybe 20%! I take it off the charger at 6am and at 4:45p it is only down to 80%. Again, primarily Wi-Fi with Facebook, Twitter, MobileRecovery, Protect.

- Scott
    07-08-13 03:46 PM
    Although I have primarily been on Wi-Fi, battery life has improved by maybe 20%! I take it off the charger at 6am and at 4:45p it is only down to 80%. Again, primarily Wi-Fi with Facebook, Twitter, MobileRecovery, Protect.

- Scott
    That's impressive even with radio off. Do you rarely use BBM? :P
    07-09-13 06:45 AM
    That's impressive even with radio off. Do you rarely use BBM? :P
    Not a huge BBMer. Primarily Google Talk as that's what we use in the office and how people track me down (I'm a SysAdmin).

- Scott
    07-09-13 07:47 AM
    Not a huge BBMer. Primarily Google Talk as that's what we use in the office and how people track me down (I'm a SysAdmin).

- Scott
    LOL. Why are you using a BB phone then? Get Samsung S3 and you're much better off.
    07-09-13 10:14 AM
    LOL. Why are you using a BB phone then? Get Samsung S3 and you're much better off.
    I like the form and the keyboard. From what I've seen of the S3, if you look at the wrong way, it cracks.

- Scott
    07-09-13 10:25 AM
    I like the form and the keyboard. From what I've seen of the S3, if you look at the wrong way, it cracks.

- Scott
    Pardon me? I don't understand... Crack how?
    07-09-13 11:07 AM
    Pardon me? I don't understand... Crack how?
    I like the BlackBerry form and how it can take the abuse (drops, pockets). The S3, you sit the wrong way and the "Gorilla Glass" cracks, drop it the wrong way, it cracks.

- Scott
    07-09-13 11:21 AM
    I like the BlackBerry form and how it can take the abuse (drops, pockets). The S3, you sit the wrong way and the "Gorilla Glass" cracks, drop it the wrong way, it cracks.

- Scott
    Oh yeah.... The 9900/9930 is much more durable than my S3. But I dropped it before. There were scratches on the sides and corners, but luckily the glass didn't break or crack.
    07-09-13 12:40 PM
    So what's the final verdict with this update? I've been following this thread. Should I load the update? I'm currently on bundle 2123.
    07-10-13 03:32 PM
    So what's the final verdict with this update? I've been following this thread. Should I load the update? I'm currently on bundle 2123.
    I would not say I'm a heavy user, maybe moderate. I think battery life improved and I don't see a reason not to do the update.

I say backup via Protect, backup via Desktop Manager, do the update via Desktop Manager which will do another backup which it subsequently restores from, and you should be good.

- Scott
    hondaf17 likes this.
    07-10-13 06:26 PM
    is it just me or are the keys taking a bit more to register? sometimes I'll press the back button or any key for that matter and it won't do anything until I press it harder or a few times.
    07-15-13 08:23 AM
    I noticed this on Verizon's support page: "Wi-Fi radio will no longer activate when in tethering mode"

Given that I tether to get internet for my laptop when I'm on the road, how does this impact me?

Tom
    07-22-13 01:22 PM
    I noticed this on Verizon's support page: "Wi-Fi radio will no longer activate when in tethering mode"
    As I interpret that statement it seems the moment you connect your device to tether you will then be unable to turn on your WiFi much less the HotSpot. You shouldn't be affected at all if all you're doing is tethering you laptop & blackberry
    07-22-13 02:16 PM
    I noticed something too but assumed it was hardware related and not OS. I've had cronic "double result" with the keyboard, where I'd press it once and it returns a period and space as if I had pressed it twice. I'll give it a good cleaning soon, but other button delays I've blamed the hardware. After I do my cleaning I'll post an update if that resolves it.
    07-22-13 02:19 PM
    can someone with a lower version confirm that this still works, receiving a meeting request via webex or outlook, does it add to your calendar with all information? If so I need to downgrade, because it doesn't work on this version.
    07-24-13 02:40 AM
    I installed this update over the air. Took the usual 2 hours to complete. Everything seemed to work fine - cannot speak to the battery life as I perceive my battery to provide plenty of life to get me through the day - however, later that day, text messaging stopped working. I got this error message: "(SMS Error 97. Message ID 143). Service denied." I tried a few battery pulls but that didn't help. The next morning, text messaging was working once again. Weird... Then this morning I tried editing a contact on the BB but kept getting this error message: "Contact updated externally. Changes will be lost and viewer closed." I then went to Outlook (on an exchange server) to edit the contact. Of course, that worked; however, it will not update to the BB. So, I don't know if it is a problem with Verizon, our server or this update.

No worries, I've been due for an upgrade since last fall and am looking to get either the Z10 or the 928. Good luck with your updates.
    07-26-13 09:44 AM
    Don't understand why people persist in doing OTA updates, they always seem to cause problems and take twice as long as downloading and using App loader
    07-26-13 09:51 AM
    Don't understand why people persist in doing OTA updates, they always seem to cause problems and take twice as long as downloading and using App loader
    Doing OTA is just asking for trouble. What's really funny is they probably have to plug the charger in as the update takes so long and uses so much data. Why not just plug the phone into the computer and use Desktop Manager, lol?

- Scott
    Legal Eagle likes this.
    07-26-13 10:09 AM
    I Just upgraded from the 9330 to the 9930 on Verizon (didn't have the $ for the Z10). I down loaded the 2705 bundle and it seems to work better and smoother. As a side note I showed my new phone to the 2 receptionist at my Dr's office. One was using an I Phone 4S and the other was a mid level HTC Android. Both had older Curves in the past. They gushed over my phone loved screen, functions, speed and especially the key board. They wanted one. These two ladies only new what the media had told them, that Blackberry sucks. When I advised them that this phone was released in 2011 there jaws dropped. I then told them of the Z10 and the Q10. Well let’s just say it was a deer in the headlights moment, which I savored. Best T500J
    Last edited by Titan500J; 07-26-13 at 04:48 PM. Reason: Additional info on Bundle 2705
    mjr01746 likes this.
    07-26-13 04:30 PM
    I installed this update on my verizon phone and a find a lot of the times my internet does not work while on 3G, I have to do a battery pull to fix it. Anyone else experience this?

Also, my bellshare/berrybuzz no longer works due to the new color led notification, anyway to make that app work again? I prefer it over the built in OS led notifcation. Thanks
    07-29-13 04:46 PM
    anyone? I'm on the verge of downgrading, but if anyone still has a lower version can confirm I'd be forever grateful for saving me time if it doesn't work in lower versions as well.

"can someone with a lower version confirm that this still works, receiving a meeting request via webex or outlook, does it add to your calendar with all information? If so I need to downgrade, because it doesn't work on this version."
    07-31-13 03:07 PM
    anyone? I'm on the verge of downgrading, but if anyone still has a lower version can confirm I'd be forever grateful for saving me time if it doesn't work in lower versions as well.

"can someone with a lower version confirm that this still works, receiving a meeting request via webex or outlook, does it add to your calendar with all information? If so I need to downgrade, because it doesn't work on this version."
    Hi, I'm on .861 and adding outlook meeting requests work.

I'm still on the fence about upgrading to .991
    08-02-13 07:21 PM
    Be open minded. I thought the same way.

I originally didn't want to go near the Z10, but I got a good deal on one 2 months ago, and have no regrets.

Posted via CB10
    its not about being open or closed minded, its about knowing what one wants/needs and being content with that.
    08-20-13 02:20 PM
    Hi,
    I just joined the forum, and I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this question... I apologize if it's ill-placed.

I'm from India. I've been thinking of getting a Bold 9900, but I've been reading so many threads about the power issue (where the phone gets bricked after an overnight charge from a low battery percentage).

Has RIM addressed/fixed this issue with a software update if any kind?
    I've been google-ing this for a couple of hours, but couldn't find any information after 'RIM acknowledges issue with 9900/9930'

I'd really appreciate any information regarding the same.

Thanks!
    08-20-13 03:47 PM
    I'm trying to read later posts in this thread and I'm getting a "404 Error" on most of the message links in this thread.

I recently installed the 7.1 bundle 2705 package, after experiencing half-day to full-day email slowdowns with BIS. This new firmware bundle is also routinely disconnecting one of my Bluetooth headsets without warning. Can't tell yet if there's anything in this new version that helps.
    09-10-13 02:29 PM
134 ... 3456