hey guys i am from india i have recently purchased bold 9930 verizon unlocked device. i am using this device on reliance gsm network but the problem is i am not able to use bbm and other blackberry services.

please help me out!
    08-19-13 11:27 AM
    hey guys i am from india i have recently purchased bold 9930 verizon unlocked device. i am using this device on reliance gsm network but the problem is i am not able to use bbm and other blackberry services.

please help me out!
    Unless I am mistaken, you need to get a BB Data Plan from your carrier for these services to work.
    08-19-13 11:44 AM
    i have take the bis plan but still i am not able to use bbm
    08-19-13 11:48 AM
    please help me out i am using reliance gsm in india
    08-19-13 11:49 AM
    Your device has been registered on the provider's network ?
    08-19-13 11:53 AM
    how i can register device on the network
    08-19-13 12:00 PM
    Options / Device / Advanced system settings / Host Routing Table , Press BB button .
    Choose "Register now"
    08-19-13 12:06 PM
    i did that but after selecting register network it displays that message sent. but still there is no entries found. i am in india using reliace please help me how i can use bb services
    08-20-13 12:17 AM
    i think maybe my pin is registered on verizon! how i can release my pin from verizon?
    08-20-13 12:31 AM
    The phone might have been reported as stolen or lost. If that's the case, it can be banned from using Blackberry services. Happened to me a few years ago when i bought a 9800 from a shady online store, brand new, in the box, phone was working but no BIS. Try to get your money back of you can.

If you bought it used, there's also a chance that the latest owner BIS service is still linked with the device. You can try email verizon with the pin and imei and try to get it released.
    08-20-13 02:16 AM
    Contact your service provider , make sure you are signed up with a BIS plan. Sometimes they may mistakenly give a reg. data plan , so that wouldn't work with your BB.

Explain to them that you are having problems registering your device.

You do have a BB ID right ?
    ( you can go to BB world through wifi & download apps ? )
    08-20-13 07:57 AM
    No, the problem is that since that device wasn't designed to work with your service provider, you need to manually load the Service Books for your carrier.

But you need to find those Service Books on the internet (which you probably won't) or you need to try to carry them over from a previous BlackBerry.

Otherwise, you should get a device that your service provider supports.
    08-20-13 11:37 AM
    yes i have my bb id i am able to use to use phone over wifi i.e. app store! but i am not able to use bbm and bis! i twice taken bis plan but i am not able to use it.! and my device is also not registered over network
    08-23-13 11:56 PM
    how i can found service books on internet?
    08-23-13 11:57 PM
    You probably will not be able to find the Service Books. They probably are not out there on the internet. But trying Google searching for them.

Otherwise, sell the device and get a device supported by your service provider or at least designed to work with the carrier network you are on such as the 9900.
    08-24-13 05:52 AM
    Just looked into Reliance India website , they have the Bold 9900 listed ( not the 9930 ).

Did you contact them and ask about using the 9930 on their network ?

If it's not compatible , then you're out of luck.
    Get the 9900 , this will work without doubt.
    08-24-13 07:13 AM
    sauravincrt ,
    this might help you :

forums.crackberry.com/general-blackberry-discussion-f2/unlocked-verizon-9930-rogers-762726/
    08-24-13 07:44 AM
    The phone might have been reported as stolen or lost. If that's the case, it can be banned from using Blackberry services.
    Maybe for the USA - but pishhhhh for the UK/EU.

I have had many phones that I wanted to kill off with RIM and *NONE* of the carriers will do it, RIM won't either as I'm not a network operator. So as a result any phones lost of stolen here have there IMIE blocked - but not there PIN with RIM. SO I can take any phone to either a country who isn't using the IMIE blacklist, or enable BIS over wifi and I have a working (lost or stolen phone) that no one cares about.

I'm also unfamiliar with this 'PIN registered with X provider' again here we have none of that - I can put in whatever providers SIM I like and switch between networks all day every day and everything works just fine.
    08-29-13 11:52 AM