Ok, for the last few days I've pretty much deemed my new 9930 the Best BB that I've ever used or owned. However, about 6 days in and something is popping up...Literally! On the bottom of the phone lies the Verizon name plate which is where the voice mic is, and this evening I noticed its beggining to pull away from the housing...RIM,,,Seriously! I pushed it in and realized the bottom chrome is also starting to slightly pull away, and I can see some light peeking out? This is not a good sign a few days in! I can only imagine that things can only get worse, and will most likely call vzw tomorrow, and get a new one sent out!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-21-11 10:35 PM
    Yup silvia on here had the same prob. The bottom chin was popped up in the box when she opened it.
    She since received a replacement and all is well I think. Lol

Sent from my BlackBerry 9650 using Tapatalk
    08-21-11 10:49 PM
    Yep, my bottom thing with the Verizon logo on it was popped out, popped it back in, but it had a scratch, so I called up vzw and they overnighted me a new 9930. This new one has solid hardware... So far..

08-21-11 10:59 PM
    Haha yeah solid hardware, now if only you could get your software to like you. Lol

Yep, my bottom thing with the Verizon logo on it was popped out, popped it back in, but it had a scratch, so I called up vzw and they overnighted me a new 9930. This new one has solid hardware... So far..

Sent from my BlackBerry 9650 using Tapatalk
    08-21-11 11:02 PM
    Its things like this that annoy me about RIMS Build Quality control! Somebody just posted something about Dust getting in the screen now. RIM did u not think dust was going to get in there through the charging port? Years later, same nonsense still happening with Blackberry phones.

08-22-11 12:36 AM
    i hope RIM is looking at these? so this means i have to put my phone in my pocket anytime i am in a dusty place and i have to be careful around dust?
    08-22-11 01:10 AM
    i hope RIM is looking at these? so this means i have to put my phone in my pocket anytime i am in a dusty place and i have to be careful around dust?
    My advice would be to not put the phone in your pocket, and use a holster! There will always be specs of dust in all of our pockets, and that is most likely the easiest place for dust to sneak in...Very Annoying I would say!

08-22-11 01:22 AM
    hmn... hope i'll be fine, cuz i'd never use a holster and im always putting my phone in my pocket and will obviously continue to do so
    08-22-11 04:24 AM
    Quality control is still RIM's problem. My 9900, though not 9930, has wobbling camera button and trackpad that is misaligned to the right/not straight.
    08-22-11 04:25 AM
    Mine was popped up as well when I received it. I just pushed it back down and so far so good. The build quality looks pretty to me but only time will tell.

08-22-11 05:37 AM
    Quality control issues is one of the reasons I left RIM over a year ago.
    I see not much has changed with their new phones.

08-22-11 06:10 AM
    [QUOTE=GG1;6600112]Quality control issues is one of the reasons I left RIM over a year ago.

Wow....you need to get open your eyes to what the real world is all about. A simple Google search will show that the Blackberry platform has consistently demonstrated superior build quality compared to it's competition.

REAL WORLD NOTICE: Every manufacturing process is subject to errors. From BMW to Colgate to Rolex. What is important is not that there is an error, but what percentage of products malfunction, what the process is to get the error repaired, and what the company does to correct the error.

The process is simple, really. Note a problem, especially on a new product, and return it. Easy. From what I've read, RIM and it's partner's don't hesitate to take back a faulty build, though I've never had one myself. I have no doubt that if it appears to be a systemic fault, RIM will be on it like white on rice to make adjustments to their manufacturing process.

But to compare the iconic RIM quality to Samsung, Motorola and the rest? Pleeeeese.....
    08-22-11 06:41 AM
    [QUOTE=kcdist;6600165]
    Quality control issues is one of the reasons I left RIM over a year ago.

Wow....you need to get open your eyes to what the real world is all about. A simple Google search will show that the Blackberry platform has consistently demonstrated superior build quality compared to it's competition.

REAL WORLD NOTICE: Every manufacturing process is subject to errors. From BMW to Colgate to Rolex. What is important is not that there is an error, but what percentage of products malfunction, what the process is to get the error repaired, and what the company does to correct the error.

The process is simple, really. Note a problem, especially on a new product, and return it. Easy. From what I've read, RIM and it's partner's don't hesitate to take back a faulty build, though I've never had one myself. I have no doubt that if it appears to be a systemic fault, RIM will be on it like white on rice to make adjustments to their manufacturing process.

But to compare the iconic RIM quality to Samsung, Motorola and the rest? Pleeeeese.....
    Nokia > All in terms of build quality.

Comparison done.
    08-22-11 08:41 PM
    Build quality??? Now a days you never know what you will get with anything you purchase. I bought a can of peas and when I opened it it was sliced carrots. BlackBerry builds a quality device and they take a lot of abuse. I work in the trades and abuse my phones day in day out and at the end of the day if I can make a call its a great device in my mind.

08-22-11 08:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD