I left my At&T Bold 9900 on the charger overnight. Now my phone will not turn on, I only get the LED lights flashing. Is my phone Nuked (Fixable) or is it Bricked?
    12-12-11 03:20 PM
    Well, you tell us. Try to reload the OS. If it loads, it was nuked. If it cannot be loaded it is bricked. Paperweight mode.
    12-12-11 03:22 PM
    12-12-11 03:23 PM
    This is really scary, I want a 99xx for my next upgrade, but I keep seeing threads similiar to this on a regular .......SCARY
    12-12-11 03:47 PM
    Yeah, I'm not getting a 9930 until this issues is fixed I don't need the stress!
    12-12-11 03:51 PM
    This is really scary, I want a 99xx for my next upgrade, but I keep seeing threads similiar to this on a regular .......SCARY
    Yeah, I'm not getting a 9930 until this issues is fixed I don't need the stress!
    They're not all paperweights
    12-12-11 03:55 PM
    I think it's bricked, tried to reload the OS through the app loader... Going to At&t after work. Its a week past the refund deadline, they better still replace it!
    12-12-11 04:01 PM
    I think it's bricked, tried to reload the OS through the app loader... Going to At&t after work. Its a week past the refund deadline, they better still replace it!
    You have a 1 year warranty. Most likely, they'll give you a refurbished one.
    12-12-11 04:02 PM
    Yeah, I know I have a one year warranty but i'm going to raise **** if they do not give me a new one. I lost several paid apps, inconvenience..etc
    12-12-11 04:07 PM
    If that's the case then mine was nuked this past friday, after my KiKmessenger started freezing up I restarted my phone with the three button method and the phone would start the loading screen witht he dtatus bar then not completely finish and would go to a white screen and say Error 102 reload software go to blackberry.com, after some searching of the forums I was finally able to reload the software using a combination of blackberry desktop manager and blackberry protect to get backmost of my info excluding emails that blackberry protect doesn't seem to back up :/ and the last time I had backed up my phone using desktop manager was the 18th of November. This never happened to any of my other berrys before.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-12-11 04:13 PM
    Yeah, but with my luck I will get the "paperweight", I'll just wait and hope the problem gets fixed before my update date. I don't want to buy a new phone and have these kinds of worries....... just ain't right
    12-12-11 04:14 PM
    Yeah, I know I have a one year warranty but i'm going to raise **** if they do not give me a new one. I lost several paid apps, inconvenience..etc
    After a certain point you get a certified like-new replacement. Your paid apps are still available from wherever you purchased them.
    Last edited by pcgizmo; 12-12-11 at 05:29 PM.
    12-12-11 04:49 PM
    Yeah, but with my luck I will get the "paperweight", I'll just wait and hope the problem gets fixed before my update date. I don't want to buy a new phone and have these kinds of worries....... just ain't right
    Yeah good thinking plus I think it's a waste of gas. That's why I'm waiting...til next year.
    12-12-11 05:28 PM
    I have had mine since November 10th and running the stock OS with no issues. I turn mine off at night to charge it.
    12-12-11 05:38 PM
    Woke this morning to rebooting 9930. After an hour of trying to debrick, I finally brought in in to verizon. They are sending me a replacement via UPS. This isn't the first time I've gone this route as I've owned both Storm and Storm 2 phones. only a matter of time and patience before I ditch blackberry.
    12-12-11 06:30 PM
    Echoing that statement.

I have had mine since November 10th and running the stock OS with no issues. I turn mine off at night to charge it.
    Same here, for the most part. I've had a couple hiccups on a couple occasions when I didn't have it off; that might be an indicator of whatever is affecting some people's devices. And I've had my 9930 for over 3 months.
    12-12-11 07:01 PM
    Woke this morning to rebooting 9930. After an hour of trying to debrick, I finally brought in in to verizon. They are sending me a replacement via UPS. This isn't the first time I've gone this route as I've owned both Storm and Storm 2 phones. only a matter of time and patience before I ditch blackberry.
    Same happened to my 4 month old Vz 9930. But received a certified refurb that is actually more physically perfect than my original. I am happy to say things worked out (for now). But hands down Vzw has the best coverage and cs in the industry. I was granted next day free shipping and had everything back to normal in a little over an hour. As long as I have insurance I'll keep doing this every few months if need be. I am truly a BB addict! Just keep the insurance active and let the chips fall! the only thing I miss is my old pin#! Haha

12-12-11 07:45 PM
    If that's the case then mine was nuked this past friday, after my KiKmessenger started freezing up I restarted my phone with the three button method and the phone would start the loading screen witht he dtatus bar then not completely finish and would go to a white screen and say Error 102 reload software go to blackberry.com, after some searching of the forums I was finally able to reload the software using a combination of blackberry desktop manager and blackberry protect to get backmost of my info excluding emails that blackberry protect doesn't seem to back up :/ and the last time I had backed up my phone using desktop manager was the 18th of November. This never happened to any of my other berrys before.

Same sort of thing happened to me Sunday. Was using BBM and it was very slow to respond / freezing a bit so I did a soft reset and boom - error 102 on a white screen. I guess the term is "nuked". I followed a couple of the procedures listed in the forums and the one that worked for me to get it fixed was the one that used the loader via the command window with the /nojvm added. Sure glad that I had recently backed up... Mostly a painless fix once I found this approach - about an hour to get it restored and re-download the apps I had installed. Thanks to those who put together the tutorial.

http://forums.crackberry.com/tips-ho...ckberry-32322/

Cheers
    12-12-11 10:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD