Doing Alt BBDA to get the diagnostics menu does not seem to work for me with this upgrade. Any one else?
    03-25-13 11:48 AM
    App resource manager appears different than it did before.
    Attached Thumbnails Bold 9900 update. bundle 2508 v7.1.0.912-app-resource.jpg  
    03-25-13 12:43 PM
    Just had an update for ARM pushed out via App World, so maybe this OS has already got it built in.
    03-25-13 12:59 PM
    Doing Alt BBDA to get the diagnostics menu does not seem to work for me with this upgrade. Any one else?
    Alt BBDA does not work with mine either. However, Application Resource Monitor monitors low memory as well as fragmented memory. This feature seems to be absent from previous versions of the OS.
    03-25-13 02:08 PM
    I just finished the update when I noticed it popped out on the BlackBerry Desktop Manager. I checked if I could find it on the website:
    T-Mobile BBupgrade
    I only see the archive past Data then I found a document that says all BlackBerry updates are done via the Blackberry DM or online update tool.

Well I just went ahead and updated it and no problems. Everything synced and re-input my passwords for apps and re-enable the Google Authenticator.

New things I found was Near Field Communications is finally enabled in the OS under connections. It fixed my mismatching podcasts. The font in dialer is little bigger.
    It also installed T-Mobile Name ID which IDs unknown calls. It automatically enables a 30 day free trial but the service is $3.99 a month which I will stop and remove the app.
    Since NFC is enabled
    -Smart Tags App under applications
    -Share is enabled in App world next to My world
    -BBM 7 can use NFC to add BBM Contact.

Other thing is Task switcher now has the words switch Applications which seems to surprise me everytime

As for the BlackBerry Application Resource Monitor seems the same and plus updates are via App World in this entry
    BlackBerry Application Resource Monitor
    Last edited by maxknux; 03-25-13 at 04:21 PM. Reason: Switch apps
    bfaling likes this.
    03-25-13 04:02 PM
    Alt BBDA does not work with mine either. However, Application Resource Monitor monitors low memory as well as fragmented memory. This feature seems to be absent from previous versions of the OS.
    Replace the DA cods for the cods from an earlier OS and it will work.
    I think the ALX file is updated in the new OS so it will not install.
    sbx9900 likes this.
    03-25-13 04:10 PM
    Replace the DA cods for the cods from an earlier OS and it will work.
    I think the ALX file is updated in the new OS so it will not install.
    There seems to be missing in java i.e. cods net_rim_bb_device_analyzed. cod, I'm trying to copy some cods from previous versions and install through BBSAK, successfully but no effect against the DA, in Bold 9900, is it possible that different versions between v and 1.1.0.54 v 1.1.0.47?
    03-25-13 05:48 PM
    maybe the ALX file is updated in the new OS so it will not install.
    03-25-13 05:50 PM
    I just finished the update when I noticed it popped out on the BlackBerry Desktop Manager. I checked if I could find it on the website:
    T-Mobile BBupgrade
    I only see the archive past Data then I found a document that says all BlackBerry updates are done via the Blackberry DM or online update tool.

Well I just went ahead and updated it and no problems. Everything synced and re-input my passwords for apps and re-enable the Google Authenticator.

New things I found was Near Field Communications is finally enabled in the OS under connections. It fixed my mismatching podcasts. The font in dialer is little bigger.
    It also installed T-Mobile Name ID which IDs unknown calls. It automatically enables a 30 day free trial but the service is $3.99 a month which I will stop and remove the app.
    Since NFC is enabled
    -Smart Tags App under applications
    -Share is enabled in App world next to My world
    -BBM 7 can use NFC to add BBM Contact.

Other thing is Task switcher now has the words switch Applications which seems to surprise me everytime

As for the BlackBerry Application Resource Monitor seems the same and plus updates are via App World in this entry
    BlackBerry Application Resource Monitor
    My Youtube icon also changed and when someone calls it now shows the location that the number is registered (i.e. New York, NY)... I got lucky with the user name feature. I had it since it was announced so I still pay $2.99/month
    03-25-13 06:18 PM
    Request higher resolution via BBM is now active.
    Attached Thumbnails Bold 9900 update. bundle 2508 v7.1.0.912-higher-res.jpg  
    03-25-13 07:08 PM
    I too received notification that 7.1 bundle 2508 is available for my BB Bold 9900. However, after coming through the entire thread, nobody seems to be focusing on what's actually in the update. Does it offer any improvements over the current OS? What are the fixes? New features? Crashes less? Crashes more? What gives?

I personally am holding off updating the OS until I know more and so far information about this actual update is lacking. Anybody that has an opinion from either having read a document from BB or from personal experience is welcome to reply to this and would be greatly appreciated.
    very good! However, you would not get a definite answer because RIM do not publish these information. Even if they do, its most probably provided by the vendor and they are again, very vague.

So let me summarized what most people would say usually. Faster, better on batteries etc. They are very standard reply but are verryyy subjective.

- Charles
    bimmerdriver and bfaling like this.
    03-26-13 05:05 AM
    So let me summarized what most people would say usually. Faster, better on batteries etc. They are very standard reply but are verryyy subjective.
    Well said. If there were such actual improvements in battery life that people perceive there to be, the 9900 usage would have been dramatically improved by now, after so many releases. I haven't seen such improvements. My battery consumption is the same now as it has been since the early days of OS 7.1.
    03-26-13 09:49 AM
    Any idea when one will be able to download the software upgrade from the phone using options-device-software upgrade. Each time I try it says my blackberry is up to date. I'm on tmobile 7.1.0.284 wanting to go to 7.1.0.912.
    03-26-13 10:43 AM
    Any idea when one will be able to download the software upgrade from the phone using options-device-software upgrade. Each time I try it says my blackberry is up to date. I'm on tmobile 7.1.0.284 wanting to go to 7.1.0.912.
    That's up to the carrier, and they all release new versions of software on their own schedule. That's why many of us upgrade ourselves based on the most recent version from any carrier, not just waiting for our own carrier.
    93Aero likes this.
    03-26-13 02:18 PM
    That's up to the carrier, and they all release new versions of software on their own schedule. That's why many of us upgrade ourselves based on the most recent version from any carrier, not just waiting for our own carrier.
    Ah, ok thanks a lot.
    03-26-13 04:12 PM
    Your profile states that you're on T-Mobile!
    Why don't you just connect to DM on your PC and receive the notification for the upgrade as stated in this thread?
    This is how I, the OP, and everyone else here on T-Mobile has upgraded to this version.

It appears that attempting to upgrade from the handset receives the same results as attempting to do it from T-Mobile's web site.
    You will only see v7.1.0.284 available.

Try connecting to DM and report back to us with your findings....

HTH
    03-26-13 06:42 PM
    Your profile states that you're on T-Mobile!
    Why don't you just connect to DM on your PC and receive the notification for the upgrade as stated in this thread?
    This is how I, the OP, and everyone else here on T-Mobile has upgraded to this version.

It appears that attempting to upgrade from the handset receives the same results as attempting to do it from T-Mobile's web site.
    You will only see v7.1.0.284 available.

Try connecting to DM and report back to us with your findings....

HTH
    Hi yes, I've tried numerous times since the origianl poster said .912 was available with the latest and an older version of Desktop Manager. When I click on applications in the upper right hand corner next to back up and restore folders I do get the prompt that says an update is available for your device. But once it goes through the scan a pop up says in so many words ( I can't remember exactly the verbage ) but it says cannot back up device. I'll edit the post in a while when I get to my computer and write exactly what the pop up says.

I am however able to see what's in the update but the pop up hovers over it greying it out. Not allowing me to press Start.
    I guess my last option is to try from a different non mac computer or remove the OS on my phone then connect and update with the .912 OS?

On a side note I am getting the "Would you like to add caller to contacts" when I get a call from someone that is not in my call list, strange.
    03-26-13 07:25 PM
    I downloaded this update from T-mo, everything went smooth until I tried to use my hotspot and nothing could connect. So I put 7.1.0.794 back on my BB 9900. When I tried the hotspot it connected with no problem. Anyone else have any issues?
    03-26-13 08:20 PM
    I am also on TMO. when I hit options device software update, it says that it is up to date....until I connect it to BB Desktop software.....Have you tried connecting your phone to the Desktop Software?
    03-26-13 08:27 PM
    With .912, there is
    - no BB Device Analyzer,, no battery test
    - there are some additions to applications monitor
    - TMO back up feature and Name ID (TMO caller ID) are incorporated in the OS. But these are not new to .912. These have been incorporated in earlier official TMO OS's.
    - But the hour glass randomly appears, and sometimes, there is a lag in the OS which I did not have in .861
    - Battery performance is not as good as .861, but it has just been a day. I'll watch out for this in the next few days
    - So far, I have not noticed the face dialing issue which I had in .794
    - Memory leak is still there of course, although .861 I think, had less memory leak
    03-26-13 08:37 PM
    Hi yes, I've tried numerous times since the origianl poster said .912 was available with the latest and an older version of Desktop Manager. When I click on applications in the upper right hand corner next to back up and restore folders I do get the prompt that says an update is available for your device. But once it goes through the scan a pop up says in so many words ( I can't remember exactly the verbage ) but it says cannot back up device. I'll edit the post in a while when I get to my computer and write exactly what the pop up says.
    Hmmm. Ok. Because you never mentioned anything in your post about attempting to use DM for the update.
    You only mentioned about getting the update OTA from the device directly.
    I am however able to see what's in the update but the pop up hovers over it greying it out. Not allowing me to press Start.
    I guess my last option is to try from a different non mac computer or remove the OS on my phone then connect and update with the .912 OS?
    Exactly. I as well as other members have mentioned attempting this from a PC NOT a MAC. There are ways to upgrade via MAC utilizing BootCamp parallels and such, but I am not familiar with Apple products or the process, and not even sure the update would still show on a MAC. That is out of my realm to address. Apologies.
    On a side note I am getting the "Would you like to add caller to contacts" when I get a call from someone that is not in my call list, strange.
    That is T-Mobile backup and caller ID services. This is not new as it was present in the prior official OS iteration.

HTH
    maxx71 likes this.
    03-26-13 10:28 PM
    4G!! woah! its back after ages!! good to see that! looks cooler
    03-27-13 02:24 AM
    Request higher resolution via BBM is now active.
    it always was working

u cant request a higher quality image if the sender doesn't have the image in a higher resolution
    03-27-13 02:25 AM
    BBM with voice - the icon on the upper right hand corner when not connected to wifi seems to have changed a little with this OS. I wonder whether there is a significant change with BBM with this OS.

It was my understanding that to have BBM with voice, the caller and the receiver of the call have to be connected to wifi. I have the bold 9900 and the wife has the Z10. I was connected to wifi and i'm sure, she is not as she does not know how to connect to wifi yet, and i turned her wifi off before she left for work. however, I noticed that when I BBM'ed her, the icon was green so i tried to voice chat her and we actually talked over BBM!

So, it is not a requirement anymore, at least for the receiver of the call to be connected to wifi?
    03-28-13 02:11 AM
    kembali saya merevisi untuk file Java CODs 9900 v 7.1.0.912, sekarang include en-gb cods dan juga Device anaylyzer cod, sambil kita menanti versi software OS Bold 9900 versi 7.1.0.912, dapat diistall semua orang

thanks

Java CODs-2 9900 v 7.1.0.912.rar
    Whoa!! Glad I read a few posts back otherwise i'd be more confused than usual. Goin to sleep. CC call at 5 am Pacific- Thanx for update tip as did it already. Long BBRY!
    03-28-13 02:26 AM
138 ... 23456