I plugged in my Bold 9900 (T-mobile) and desktop manager updated the software to Bundle 2508 v 7.1.0.912.... Is this update an old one?
    Attached Thumbnails Bold 9900 update. bundle 2508 v7.1.0.912-bundle.jpg  
    03-23-13 09:58 PM
    Interesting...I'm pretty sure that would be the newest os! I couldn't find it on the tmo website. Maybe a new os is coming?
    Abrante likes this.
    03-23-13 10:20 PM
    Interesting...I'm pretty sure that would be the newest os! I couldn't find it on the tmo website. Maybe a new os is coming?
    I guess so. It caught me by surprise since I really opened DM to backup my info. When the update prompt appeared I just approved and installed.
    03-23-13 11:24 PM
    I was hoping I would be lucky and get the same thing from Bell but no luck...=(. Hopefully they post an installer on their website soon.
    03-24-13 12:50 AM
    I plugged in my Bold 9900 (T-mobile) and desktop manager updated the software to Bundle 2508 v 7.1.0.912.... Is this update an old one?
    Thanks for the heads up!
    After seeing this post I plugged in and was prompted as well.
    Update was flawless and everything seems to have gone just fine.
    Re-registering my apps now.

Good Post!
    03-24-13 02:16 AM
    waiting for official release
    03-24-13 03:16 AM
    maybe the OP can post the java and sfi via mediafire or something
    rgshah3, Sator and BlazorBoy like this.
    03-24-13 05:41 AM
    Seems the T-mobile USA download site allows directory browsing, so when it does turn up just look for it under

Index of /9900/HandheldSoftware
    maxx71 likes this.
    03-24-13 06:24 AM
    Seems the T-mobile USA download site allows directory browsing, so when it does turn up just look for it under

Index of /9900/HandheldSoftware
    Thanks ! just tried with the link you gave and it shows an update version 7.1.0.284
    03-24-13 06:35 AM
    Thanks for the heads up!
    After seeing this post I plugged in and was prompted as well.
    Update was flawless and everything seems to have gone just fine.
    Re-registering my apps now.

Good Post!
    can you please upload the exe. file of the update via mediafire or any other file hosting service ? It will help us (non tmobile customers ) to get this update
    Legal Eagle likes this.
    03-24-13 06:39 AM
    Thanks ! just tried with the link you gave and it shows an update version 7.1.0.284
    That's the actual T-mobile USA download site, so when they do release the file for download it will show up there
    03-24-13 06:42 AM
    That's the actual T-mobile USA download site, so when they do release the file for download it will show up there
    true but the op got an OTA/DM update notification and they have successfully update as shown in their device versions screen
    03-24-13 06:47 AM
    true but the op got an OTA/DM update notification and they have successfully update as shown in their device versions screen
    Then I guess all you can do till the file showsup there is to ask the OP or MADBRADNYC to Zip the release files under C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files and upload it somewhere. Or is there more to it?
    03-24-13 06:53 AM
    Then I guess all you can do till the file showsup there is to ask the OP or MADBRADNYC to Zip the release files under C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files and upload it somewhere. Or is there more to it?
    that's excatly what i have done.......thanks for your help though ! God Bless !
    03-24-13 07:06 AM
    Since the Tmobile update is thru DM/OTA, the OP or MABRADNYC can help us with extracting all the cods from his device using BBSAK or BBBos, and save them in a new folder.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    03-24-13 07:55 AM
    Can someone upload the software here please?
    Thanks
    03-24-13 08:40 AM
    waiting for official release
    I plugged into Desktop manager and was prompted to update, is this considered an official version? BTW, I just noticed that it added NFC to my 9900 (T-Mo)
    03-24-13 08:57 AM
    I plugged into Desktop manager and was prompted to update, is this considered an official version? BTW, I just noticed that it added NFC to my 9900 (T-Mo)
    yes, it is official update for you as you are a tmobile customer.
    Did u save the OS to your laptop/pc ?
    03-24-13 09:03 AM
    can you please upload the exe. file of the update via mediafire or any other file hosting service ? It will help us (non tmobile customers ) to get this update
    @Maxx71. (and the rest of you) Long story short, I can’t, and can’t figure out how to. I’m stumped.

Here’s the long story though, in case you know something I don’t…

I have never in all my years conducted an OTA update on my device directly. I’ve read about members on other carriers who have done it. Some successful with no issues, but most have issues of incompletion or it taking anywhere from 2-6 hours to complete without the use of their devices. I have also always been under the impression in the past that in order to receive a notification for an update via DM that you had to already have an official OS (with vendor .xml) installed in order to be detected as being on that carrier network to receive that type of upgrade. I’ve never really had an official T-Mo OS on any of my devices over the years (been with T-Mo since 1997) as I immediately upgrade to the latest OS available leaked or otherwise, which T-Mo never usually has. LoL. I’ve only received notifications from within DM if I had installed a new OS locally on my PC, but chose to update at a later time for whatever reason.

With that said, this OS in all practicality is like an on-device OTA update, but from within DM itself. This must be something fairly new, as I don’t have any vendor.xml files resident on my PC to detect that I’m actually on T-Mo. Maybe things have changed over the years and that is no longer needed any longer for a carrier update to be offered. I have no problem throwing the .exe files into DropBox or something, but the problem is that the OS is not resident locally on my PC. Anywhere at all! I checked my shared folder and I have all of my installed OSs there except for this one. The upgrade did not even install a T-Mo vendor.xml file in the AppLoader. It’s as if the update was done totally OTA via the cloud (backup/restore) through the PC. There is actually nothing for me to extract for you guys. I’m kinda stumped!

Even when I go to the T-Mo site for OS downloads it is still showing that old version (as usual) mentioned here prior.

It seems that T-Mo is pushing this out and doesn’t want anyone else to get the actual files.

I am an old school dinosaur AppLoader guy. I don’t use BBSAK and stuff like that. I don’t even know how to, and have no experience with this OTA stuff at all, so maybe you guys can educate me on this, but I can definitely say that the upgrade process DID NOT install anything locally on my PC for me to extract for you. This I can say for sure without a doubt… Apologies.

Thoughts?
    03-24-13 09:28 AM
    @Maxx71. (and the rest of you) Long story short, I can�t, and can�t figure out how to. I�m stumped.

Here�s the long story though, in case you know something I don�t�

I have never in all my years conducted an on-device OTA update on my device directly. I�ve read about members on other carriers who have done it. Some successful with no issues, but most have issues of incompletion or it taking anywhere from 2-6 hours to complete without the use of their devices. I have also always been under the impression in the past that in order to receive a notification for an update via DM that you had to already have an official OS (with vendor .xml) installed in order to be detected as being on that carrier network to receive that type of upgrade. I�ve never really had an official T-Mo OS on any of my devices over the years (been with T-Mo since 1997) as I immediately upgrade to the latest OS available leaked or otherwise, which T-Mo never usually has. LoL. I�ve only received notifications from within DM if I had installed a new OS locally on my PC, but chose to update at a later time for whatever reason.

With that said, this OS in all practicality is like an OTA update, but from within DM itself. This must be something fairly new, as I don�t have any vendor.xml files resident on my PC to detect that I�m actually on T-Mo. Maybe things have changed over the years and that is no longer needed any longer for a carrier update to be offered. I have no problem throwing the .exe files into DropBox or something, but the problem is that the OS is not resident locally on my PC. Anywhere at all! I checked my shared folder and I have all of my installed OSs there except for this one. The upgrade did not even install a T-Mo vendor.xml file in the AppLoader. It�s as if the update was done totally OTA via the cloud (backup/restore) through the PC. There is actually nothing for me to extract for you guys. I�m kinda stumped!

Even when I go to the T-Mo site for OS downloads it is still showing that old version (as usual) mentioned here prior.

It seems that T-Mo is pushing this out and doesn�t want anyone else to get the actual files.

I am an old school dinosaur AppLoader guy. I don�t use BBSAK and stuff like that. I don�t even know how to, and have no experience with this OTA stuff at all, so maybe you guys can educate me on this, but I can definitely say that the upgrade process DID NOT install anything locally on my PC for me to extract for you. This I can say for sure without a doubt� Apologies.

Thoughts?
    If you drop Sator a PM I am sure that he will talk you though how to extract the cod files from your device and package them up to send to him.

Many of us would be very grateful to you if you could find the time to do so.
    03-24-13 09:32 AM
    How to save the os on the pc?, because I just had to upgrade to os 7.1.0.912 9900 via DM
    03-24-13 09:44 AM
    How to save the os on the pc?, because I just had to upgrade to os 7.1.0.912 9900 via DM
    Are you familiar with BBSAK, BBBos or BBHtools, you can use one of them to extract all the cods (but not the SFI) from your device and save them in a new folder on your PC, then you'll have a folder with .912 Java cods.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    03-24-13 10:02 AM
    Please someone, post the update here for all of us
    Thanks
    03-24-13 10:06 AM
    Yes, my pc is installed, usually BBHTools BBSAK & I do, with OS shirnk the application, I will try
    03-24-13 10:13 AM
    Please someone, post the update here for all of us
    Thanks
    As yet there is no .exe file available to anyone.

Those who are getting the OS are having it pushed to them by T Mobile either OTA or via DM.

It is not on the T Mobile OS site to download.

Best we can hope for until the .exe is availabe is for some kind person to extract the cod file from their phone, zip them and upload them to Mediafire or similar, but as Sator has posted, this will only give us the Java and not the .sfi
    03-24-13 10:13 AM
138 123 ...