03-17-13 12:11 PM
1,957 ... 7891011 ...
tools
  1. calicocat2010's Avatar
    by golly I hope that roadmap is very incorrect. Im not sure I can hold out that long.. And suppose I buy a tmo 9900, then will I lose 3g speeds supposing the merger goes through? This is why I hate the 2 yr agreements. I am currently out of contract which is very freeing until you look at to move off of the family plan and realize you have to sign 2 years away again..
    Merger did not go through. Someone posted this in a thread.
    09-05-11 02:34 PM
  2. ibcop's Avatar
    Merger did not go through. Someone posted this in a thread.
    The DOJ filed suit against the merger as it is now. All they will do is change some things and it will happen. AT&T and T-Mo is supposed to merge until next year, so it's a little premature to say it didn't go through.
    09-05-11 03:33 PM
  3. olblueyez's Avatar
    Well, in either case it seems the 9860 will be first so maybe I will give that a try. Odds are I will return it and get the 9900 whenever its available but I do like the idea of having a larger screen.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-05-11 04:18 PM
  4. snowindec9's Avatar
    i don't think mid-sept for bold.its probably for the torch 9860.unless the picketing works and at&t delivers in mid-sept.for me,the 9860 is not an option anymore.if i want the larger screen,i rather opt for the iphone 5 which im more interested in.the iphone 5 is just so much better then the 9860.also the shape of the 9860 wouldn't fit me when im holding it up to my ears.the plastic buttons of the 9860 totally eliminated it from my contention.
    09-05-11 07:57 PM
  5. austriker's Avatar
    The DOJ filed suit against the merger as it is now. All they will do is change some things and it will happen. AT&T and T-Mo is supposed to merge until next year, so it's a little premature to say it didn't go through.
    Truth. The tmo buyout isn't finalized as dead. The doj just filed suit which means it might still go through. Basically att has about 7 million bucks to lose (or was it billion) if it doesn't work out. So they will definitely fight it and perhaps it will get settled pre court. Att won't go down without a fight. This move by the doj seems to be a rather political move by barack so fuurther mergers like this in the future won't have a precedent to fall back upon if challenged.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-05-11 08:03 PM
  6. psiclne's Avatar
    I personally dont think theres any link between the proposed merger & the delayed 9900. Its gonna be a awhile before thats even decided - so that should be squashed in this thread.
    09-05-11 08:43 PM
  7. Phillies11's Avatar
    I returned my torch 9810 today, it wasnt worth the price I paid, I am just going to hold out for the 9900 whenever it comes, mid september sounds nice though, but most likely unture............
    09-05-11 08:54 PM
  8. 3migo's Avatar
    I returned my torch 9810 today, it wasnt worth the price I paid, I am just going to hold out for the 9900 whenever it comes, mid september sounds nice though, but most likely unture............
    I think the 9810 really is a great deal, $50 and you get a great media/messaging device. However, since this is a phone I will be using for two years or more, I'm not settling for anything less than the 9900.
    09-05-11 09:12 PM
  9. anguuusss's Avatar
    i really don't get why it isn't out yet... wouldn't they just be releasing the same phone as rogers except with an AT&T branding?
    09-06-11 04:41 AM
  10. Wangta's Avatar
    Joining the ranks of people waiting for the 9900. I'm freakin' getting annoyed - have a malfunctioning 8900 curve that I'm using until this thing gets released. I have to reset it about 10x a day! AT&T - please release the 9900 soon!
    09-06-11 12:07 PM
  11. greggebhardt's Avatar
    Octovember at the soonest!
    09-06-11 12:19 PM
  12. siha's Avatar
    I'm not sure people are aware that the "disgruntled customers" that they're referring to are a very small portion of the overall customer base for AT&T. There's maybe a few thousand people that are going to complain, and less than a few hundred I bet that are willing to jump ship to another carrier over a phone. There's a lot of people out there with blackberries that don't scour the blogs and don't even know that this phone is coming out, so it's out of sight out of mind. For the loyal BB users and CB readers we've known about this for what seems like decades now and it's frustrating for us. But as far as AT&T is concerned 90% of its customer base doesn't even know that this phone is coming out on AT&T I bet...and probably 90% of THAT group doesn't care if it's coming out or not and won't leave because of it.

    We're in a strictly BB forum here directly discussing an AT&T release, so it seems like there's a much larger outcry than there actually is.

    If your phone isn't working well, I suggest buying one off CL to tide you over, I do that all the time and turn around and sell em and usually break even. Good way to try out different BB's as well as not get locked into a contract when you don't want to.
    09-06-11 12:53 PM
  13. joju58's Avatar
    I'm personally patiently wait for release of this beauty by at&t and will not jump to other providers for numerous reasons, I'm premium act holder with family plan and getting 20+ percent off on getting new phones or buying accessories from at&t and biggest reason is I'm getting 20+ off on every monthly bill, so I'll be stupid to do that move, Now back to topic...

    Also even though cant wait to have this phone, I'm kind of happy that at&t delays to release it because by the time be out most apps will be available for it and aftermarket like Seidio will have available charging pods and cases (which is must have for me) and most important is be then this phones hardware and software issues will be fixed (can i dream that?)
    09-06-11 01:41 PM
  14. howards's Avatar
    09-08-11 12:00 PM
  15. bbboyjr's Avatar
    The latest on the AT&T non release: http://www.fudzilla.com/home/item/23...tt-subscribers
    This states that the 9900 IS coming to AT&T, and it's just a matter of when. Is that correct? Is there anything from AT&T that confirms that it will be selling the 9900 at some point?
    09-08-11 01:18 PM
  16. ifarlow's Avatar
    Yep: AT&T Announces 4G BlackBerry Portfolio

    Problem is that it doesn't say when.
    09-08-11 02:21 PM
  17. djnick's Avatar
    Your best bet is to upgrade to the Torch 2 on ATT for $50. Sell it on ebay for about $500. Then add another $100 and buy the 9900 unlocked on ebay. Net result is ends up costing you about $200 after taxes and fees but you get the phone now and it comes out to the same price if you were to buy it from ATT when it eventually comes out anyways
    09-08-11 02:51 PM
  18. bbboyjr's Avatar
    Your best bet is to upgrade to the Torch 2 on ATT for $50. Sell it on ebay for about $500. Then add another $100 and buy the 9900 unlocked on ebay. Net result is ends up costing you about $200 after taxes and fees but you get the phone now and it comes out to the same price if you were to buy it from ATT when it eventually comes out anyways
    But then you have no warranty, right? (Just trying to think of the downside to doing this.)
    09-08-11 03:33 PM
  19. clerk's Avatar
    Hi, this is a terrific idea. There is some confusion as to which unlocked version needs to be bought to be 3G compatible with ATT. Can someone more knowledgeble than me clarify?

    Thanks.
    09-08-11 04:55 PM
  20. bbboyjr's Avatar
    Hi, this is a terrific idea. There is some confusion as to which unlocked version needs to be bought to be 3G compatible with ATT. Can someone more knowledgeble than me clarify?

    Thanks.
    My understanding is that the Rogers phone is compatible with AT&T's network/frequencies, and you want to stay away from T-Mobile phones - which is mostly what you'll find on ebay.
    09-08-11 06:48 PM
  21. ifarlow's Avatar
    Your best bet is to upgrade to the Torch 2 on ATT for $50. Sell it on ebay for about $500. Then add another $100 and buy the 9900 unlocked on ebay. Net result is ends up costing you about $200 after taxes and fees but you get the phone now and it comes out to the same price if you were to buy it from ATT when it eventually comes out anyways
    Who in the world would pay $500 for a used Torch 2 on eBay when a new one can be had from Amazon Wireless for $490 without contract requirements? Furthermore, why buy a new AT&T 9900 from eBay for $600 when you will likely be able to get one directly from AT&T for less?

    I get what you're suggesting, but your figures seem way off to me.
    09-08-11 07:06 PM
  22. howards's Avatar
    This states that the 9900 IS coming to AT&T, and it's just a matter of when. Is that correct? Is there anything from AT&T that confirms that it will be selling the 9900 at some point?
    I didn't mean to say the phone wasn't coming out on AT&T, as it most definitely is. What I was referring to was the latest information on the AT&T release date, which remains a mystery.
    09-08-11 07:48 PM
  23. snowindec9's Avatar
    Octovember at the soonest!
    lol.thats funny.octovember=october/november.
    but yea at&t please hurry with your new phones(iphone 5& bold).i want to fondle with them before picking one up.
    09-08-11 08:19 PM
  24. clerk's Avatar
    Who in the world would pay $500 for a used Torch 2 on eBay when a new one can be had from Amazon Wireless for $490 without contract requirements? Furthermore, why buy a new AT&T 9900 from eBay for $600 when you will likely be able to get one directly from AT&T for less?

    I get what you're suggesting, but your figures seem way off to me.
    Believe it or not, new 9810's are selling for close to $500 on ebay. A new unlocked 9900 goes for about $650. So the numbers do make sense. Pay $50 for the Torch 2, sell for $500, then pay $650 for the 9900. Total out of pocket is around $200. This may be cheaper than what it would cost to upgrade to AT&T. It's a bit of a hassle to do all of this but not the end of the world.
    09-08-11 09:26 PM
  25. austriker's Avatar
    Believe it or not, new 9810's are selling for close to $500 on ebay. A new unlocked 9900 goes for about $650. So the numbers do make sense. Pay $50 for the Torch 2, sell for $500, then pay $650 for the 9900. Total out of pocket is around $200. This may be cheaper than what it would cost to upgrade to AT&T. It's a bit of a hassle to do all of this but not the end of the world.
    Wow. You might be my hero. Everytime I go by a verizon store I check out the 9930. So is there any negative at all with buying an unlocked rogers for att besides the minor detail of not being labeled right and no warranty. Will it get att 's fastest network even as it continues to upgrade. My laptop died otherwise I would extensively research this right now

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-08-11 10:33 PM
1,957 ... 7891011 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD