Might have to wait a little while to see what the 9900 is going for on Black Friday or closer to Christmas even. Heck, what's another month to wait after all this time especially if it works out to get it at a super low price.
    Yea, knowing that they are able to do it for $129 on release day gives me more faith that there will most likely be a good deal during holidays.

Hope its at least Best Buy or if not then a regular AT&T store. Been dealing with BB for my last two upgrades, when the Nexus S come out in August for $99. That very same weekend they did a one day deal for it to be free on new contract or upgrade. They did the same for the iPhone 3Gs. So yea hoping they can do something like that for the Bold, not that im not willing to pay but what the heck.......If there is gonna be a bargain ill take it.
    Last edited by jonavalon; 11-06-11 at 01:38 PM.
    11-06-11 01:32 PM
    Just got mine! Checked it out, awesome build quality on this one so far. Everything is flush, aligned trackpad, feels great. About damn time.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-06-11 01:39 PM
    By the way, my store told me they only got 5 in.

11-06-11 01:40 PM
    Yeah, the guy who helped me used these words when checking me out "And you want to keep the unlimited data plan?" So it was a non-issue. For all the einsteins who know what a wireless carrier needs to do to stay in buisness, maybe you don't know as much as you think you do.

It took about 10 minutes to walk in, get the phone, and scoot out of there. Its funny, I walked in, hopped in line for help, a customer service rep came by and told three of us to sign in so we could look around while we waited, I signed in, looked at some android junk for about 30 seconds, a rep approached me and used my first name, got the phone for me, checked me out, and I was Audi 5000 with my 9900.

When I got there, some guy was checking out with a windows phone. He was there at the checkout when I arrived and he was there when I left. You should have heard all the crap him and the rep were bouncing back and fourth. Can I sync my contacts with outlook? No, you have to do it with windows live. So I can't just sync it with outlook? Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

I restarted the 9900 when I put it in my pocket to walk to the car. It was back on when I got to the car, I signed into BB Protect and it restored all my Contacts, Calender, etc. About 15 minutes after walking into the store. Man did I ever wanna look over at that guy and tell him he is nuts for not buying a Blackberry.

Ok, here it comes, but I won't classify it as a gripe until some other people sound off. It seems the micro USB charging port is a bit loose. I looked at Karens 9810 and it is also slightly loose but not as much as my 9900. Anyone else notice this?

11-06-11 02:05 PM
    I called my local Houston store and they didn't have any in stock.I did ask about the unlimited thing and they said they add the basic package and then I have to call to have it replaced with a compatible unlimited plan.

Sounds good. Thanks for the info.
    Last edited by BerryBone; 11-06-11 at 02:21 PM.
    11-06-11 02:19 PM
    I'm just so amazed at how thin this phone is compared to my 9000. The screen is beautiful and moves soooo smooth. Just can't wait for my indigo soft shell case and 9000 holster for it to go in. That I bought from shopcrackberry.com
    11-06-11 02:25 PM
    I think if you order it on the ATT website and go ahead inspite of the red warning box you will probably be OK. Seems like they put that there for a "Just In Case" type of situation. Maybe they plan on changing that in the future.

No one gonna try the "Wind Mobile .474 OS" yet?

Last edited by olblueyez; 11-06-11 at 02:34 PM.
    11-06-11 02:31 PM
    I'm just so amazed at how thin this phone is compared to my 9000. The screen is beautiful and moves soooo smooth. Just can't wait for my indigo soft shell case and 9000 holster for it to go in. That I bought from shopcrackberry.com
    Makes the 9000 feel like a brick, eh?
    11-06-11 02:31 PM
    What was somebody saying about at&t store help? I walked in, and before being courteously greeted by someone, and I strolled over to the smart phone section, where they had a 9810, a Curve, and something else on display, but no 9900. So I asked to see the new BlackBerry, the 9900, to which I was told, "Those are coming out later this month." Not only were they not on display, the staff didn't even know they had been released. I very politely said, no, they're out today. Another guy told my guy where to check in the back, and sure enough he came out a few seconds later with a new 9900, which I shortly thereafter came home with. So far it's just friggin' awesome.

Not quite like a brick, but man is this thing sleek.
    11-06-11 02:56 PM
    Just got mine! Checked it out, awesome build quality on this one so far. Everything is flush, aligned trackpad, feels great. About damn time.

My trackpad is slightly off center, and part of the plastic at the bottom is a little raised up. I don't mind though, Once I put a case on there i'll forget all about it. Not enough for me to go and return it.
    11-06-11 03:15 PM
    Yeah lol. i feel so more up to date now
    11-06-11 03:24 PM
    Yeah lol. i feel so more up to date now
    Movin' up to the East Side!
    11-06-11 03:26 PM
    Went to look at one today and it seems like a very nice phone. Went to purchase it and had a few issues with getting emails set-up correctly. I was in a hurry and had to have my iPhone hooked back up. My plan is to go back in on tuesday and purchase the phone. I liked it a lot. Loved the feel of the keyboard, and the size. Hope there are no bricking issues with the AT&T version. Hmmm
    11-06-11 03:26 PM
    Went to look at one today and it seems like a very nice phone. Went to purchase it and had a few issues with getting emails set-up correctly. I was in a hurry and had to have my iPhone hooked back up. My plan is to go back in on tuesday and purchase the phone. I liked it a lot. Loved the feel of the keyboard, and the size. Hope there are no bricking issues with the AT&T version. Hmmm
    I don't think the AT&T version will have the issues the prior release version have had. Maybe this is part of AT&T's delay in releasing it.

That keyboard is bad a$$, eh?
    11-06-11 03:30 PM
    I don't think the AT&T version will have the issues the prior release version have had. Maybe this is part of AT&T's delay in releasing it.

That keyboard is bad a$$, eh?
    Keyboard is sick! And how thin it is unreal!
    11-06-11 03:36 PM
    Keyboard is sick! And how thin it is unreal!
    I agree! Makes my 9000 look like a real turd.
    Last edited by ibcop; 11-06-11 at 03:48 PM.
    rellyrellz likes this.
    11-06-11 03:38 PM
    Yea, knowing that they are able to do it for $129 on release day gives me more faith that there will most likely be a good deal during holidays.

Hope its at least Best Buy or if not then a regular AT&T store. Been dealing with BB for my last two upgrades, when the Nexus S come out in August for $99. That very same weekend they did a one day deal for it to be free on new contract or upgrade. They did the same for the iPhone 3Gs. So yea hoping they can do something like that for the Bold, not that im not willing to pay but what the heck.......If there is gonna be a bargain ill take it.
    Just an FYI, buying a phone through "Letstalk" is not the same as buying one from ATT. The contract you agree to is different and has different limitations as to when you can change your plan/services. Early termination and upgrade status maybe different as well. I would recommend you make sure you won't need to make any changes to your plan per the limitations on the contract because you will get hit with fees that you are not acustom to as compared to ATT corporate. You also may wanna google "Letstalk Customer Service" or something like that and see what you find.

Just a heads up.

11-06-11 03:53 PM
    The keyboard is quite amazing. I'm typing extremely fast and making no mistakes. The buttons have the perfect amount of travel, and the keyboard is just so spacious.
    rellyrellz likes this.
    11-06-11 03:58 PM
    The keyboard is quite amazing. I'm typing extremely fast and making no mistakes. The buttons have the perfect amount of travel, and the keyboard is just so spacious.
    It's a sexy beast!
    11-06-11 04:00 PM
    Have to admit that the keyboard was very nice. Not hard, but not soft... Nice feel to it.
    11-06-11 04:01 PM
    It's a sexy beast!
    Indeed it is. Plus that screen is just so crisp... The device is just beautiful all around.

Saw quite a few other people in there buying 9900's, as well as a few buying the new Windows phones. When I showed up to my store about 5 minutes before the doors opened, there was already a crowd of 10 people or so waiting to go in.
    11-06-11 04:09 PM
    Indeed it is. Plus that screen is just so crisp... The device is just beautiful all around.

Saw quite a few other people in there buying 9900's, as well as a few buying the new Windows phones. When I showed up to my store about 5 minutes before the doors opened, there was already a crowd of 10 people or so waiting to go in.
    Sort of a unique day for AT&T. I can't remember when they last had this many devices launch on the same day.
    11-06-11 04:13 PM
    And the naysayers pronouncing RIM DOA. This will show them.
    11-06-11 04:16 PM
    Sort of a unique day for AT&T. I can't remember when they last had this many devices launch on the same day.
    It was weird. There was a line 10 or so deep when my local store opened at noon today.
    11-06-11 04:17 PM
    My local store didn't have a line. Then again, they didn't have any of the new phones. No new blackberries, not new windows 7 phones. The rep there didn't even know they were being released today. He said that both the Bold 9900 and the windows phones were delayed until December.

My local Best Buy didn't have the new phones either, but I didn't talk to a rep there.
    11-06-11 04:22 PM
1,957 ... 7475767778 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD