Yup...I went to Best Buy for the 9810 simply because the AT&T store wouldn't open for another hour and I just couldn't wait!!! I WANTED my Torch!

On this one, though....I wouldn't chance it....I think it's safe to say this will be hot for AT&T on release day.

I, on the other hand, will stop by to see the 9860. I've got a decision to make....keep that last AT&T line for the my old Atrix, get the Atrix 2, or the 9860. The iP4S is no longer in the running for me.

I do want a non BB device, I want to have another platform as my entertainment device....I want to learn something different.
    The Samsung SkyRocket (launches Nov 6th) is a nice device on AT&T . I am eyeing the Droid RAZR (remember the RAZR V-3? ) on Verizon too. Word has it AT&T is getting a variant of the RAZR as well. Launches in 8 years.
    11-02-11 07:18 AM
    Let us thank CX and PG for sharing information with us but, while you may dislike the manner in which oldblueyez makes his arguments, let us not chastise oldblueyez for speculating.

This is not about November 6th or November 20th or the two weeks and 1 day between both dates. What matters to me as BlackBerry enthusiast and an AT&T subscriber is that AT&T did not release the 9900 within the timeframe of its three major competitors.

Regardless of the fact that the 9900 was released on November 6th rather than November 20th, AT&T is still releasing the 9900 11 weeks after Verizon and Sprint and 9 weeks ad 4 days later than T-Mobile --and after it has been released by wireless carriers in third world countries.

No one who has posted in this thread has direct knowledge of what happend before the 9900 arrived to AT&T for testing on August 1st.

The information that CX and PG could provide, while valuable, was limited thereby leaving room for speculation. Oldblueyez, like many of us, speculated and derived conclusions based on analysis of all the information that was available.
    Last edited by ecustomer; 11-02-11 at 07:38 AM.
    11-02-11 07:28 AM
    11-02-11 07:45 AM
    Let's just all be thankful that they are finally releasing it. Thank you PG and CX. At the same time we can agree something was fishy with the late releasr of bold 9900 and torch 9860. But we'll never know for sure and it maybe that time to officially close this thread. Thanks for playing all.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-02-11 07:54 AM
    Let us thank CX and PG for sharing information with us but, while you may dislike the manner in which oldblueyez makes his arguments, let us not chastise oldblueyez for speculating.

This is not about November 6th or November 20th or the two weeks and 1 day between both dates. What matters to me as BlackBerry enthusiast and an AT&T subscriber is that AT&T did not release the 9900 within the timeframe of its three major competitors.

Regardless of the fact that the 9900 was released on November 6th rather than November 20th, AT&T is still releasing the 9900 11 weeks after Verizon and Sprint and 9 weeks ad 4 days later than T-Mobile --and after it has been released by wireless carriers in third world countries.

No one who has posted in this thread has direct knowledge of what happend before the 9900 arrived to AT&T for testing on August 1st.

The information that CX and PG could provide, while valuable, was limited thereby leaving room for speculation. Oldblueyez, like many of us, speculated and derived conclusions based on analysis of all the information that was available.
    In this whole thread....over 100 pages' worth....there has been a lot of speculation. Some put forth in a logical manner without insulting anyone. Others have bashed and maligned people whose information is proven and respected.
    I have no relationship with CX or PG. I don't know them personally. So I'm not defending a friend. I value them as professionals and people who have shown themselves to have integrity and who have given great value to discussions on this forum. That said, I am disgusted by the tone taken against them. It is not disagreement - people can disagree. But to use the language and to go to the extremes some have gone to insult the information offered by these two individuals is offensive.
    As to delays - I manage IT projects. It is absolutely commonplace to have data path failures, firewall issues, software glitches....myriad problems. To turn these commonplace issues into a conspiracy theory to rival the DaVinci code is simply unnecessary.

Let's just all be thankful that they are finally releasing it. Thank you PG and CX. At the same time we can agree something was fishy with the late releasr of bold 9900 and torch 9860. But we'll never know for sure and it maybe that time to officially close this thread. Thanks for playing all.

I agree that thanks are in order. As I mentioned above, I don't find the explanations given for the delay hard to believe. Annoying, yes. Frustrating, yes.

At some point, it becomes a matter of trust in the source of the information, given past history. CX and PG have my trust.
    11-02-11 09:05 AM
    I have been ignoring your personal attacks and jabs against me for weeks, some on this very thread. I've had you on ignore but I've been informed of what you've posted, so I've been reading and ignoring your vitriol. Your opinion had meant nothing to me on a personal level, and therefore completely irrelevant. But you now state that my posts are like CX....you couldn't have paid be a better compliment. I greatly appreciate it. Thank you.....I respect both CX and PG. And since they have proven themselves again, well, then....I'm greatly honoured.

You've got what you've been after for weeks. A response from me. Albeit based on a compliment you paid me. How ironic. Your intent to insult me is actually a compliment.

Having a generally bad time of it, eh? Your irrelevancy exposed. Your insults were perceived by the person you meant to insult as a compliment.....I would suggest putting that shovel away. You'll need a ladder to get yourself out of that hole.
    Ignore me or read me it makes no difference to me. As for personal attacks, it was me who spoke with a moderator about cleaning up one of the Blacklion threads where you and some others took it upon yourselves to lash out at him and lure him into a battle of insults. Was there anything pertaining to Blackberry in your post? No.

As for PG and CX, its like I said before, if they were insiders then why not just tell everyone AT&T never had plans to release the phones until November instead of letting everyone think it could be any day and had to do with complications in field testing?

Anyone ever wonder why PG and CX didn't dig up the roadmap and mention it? It's because AT&T made a lot of people angry with all the delays that were part of the plan the entire time this thread has been transpiring and PG & CX work for AT&T. They told us nothing that would narrow the time frame but they did provide a bunch of reasons why AT&T was not responsible for the delay, even though the roadmap clearly demonstrates it would have never happened until November.

See it for what it is or be part of the clique, it makes no difference to me whatsoever.

Subscription Deleted

Last edited by olblueyez; 11-02-11 at 09:14 AM.
    11-02-11 09:11 AM
    Ignore me or read me it makes no difference to me. As for personal attacks, it was me who spoke with a moderator about cleaning up one of the Blacklion threads where you and some others took it upon yourselves to lash out at him and lure him into a battle of insults. Was there anything pertaining to Blackberry in your post? No.

As for PG and CX, its like I said before, if they were insiders then why not just tell everyone AT&T never had plans to release the phones until November instead of letting everyone think it could be any day and had to do with complications in field testing?

Anyone ever wonder why PG and CX didn't dig up the roadmap and mention it? It's because AT&T made a lot of people angry with all the delays that were part of the plan the entire time this thread has been transpiring and PG & CX work for AT&T. They told us nothing that would narrow the time frame but they did provide a bunch of reasons why AT&T was not responsible for the delay, even though the roadmap clearly demonstrates it would have never happened until November.

See it for what it is or be part of the clique, it makes no difference to me whatsoever.

Subscription Deleted

I guess you've never heard of a non-disclosure agreement? I don't think they would sacrifice their jobs in order to post some information on a forum.
    11-02-11 09:17 AM
    That is a good one. I am going to use it. Let me share this one from one of my law professors: "If you are a hammer you are naturally inclined to see everything as a nail."
    Last edited by ecustomer; 11-02-11 at 09:49 AM.
    olblueyez likes this.
    11-02-11 09:46 AM
    3 more days!!!!!

11-02-11 02:24 PM
    I wonder if anyone will get theirs early
    11-02-11 02:34 PM
    I hope so. I wanna see what's in the box.

11-02-11 02:55 PM
    I hope so. I wanna see what's in the box.

Yeah, so do I!
    11-02-11 04:49 PM
    Yeah, so do I!
    I've been checking here and youtube for any unboxing vids. I'm sure one will pop up before release day.
    11-02-11 05:45 PM
    So now on nov 6th this thread is going to be deserted
    Hoping for the longest thread ever

motor96 likes this.
    11-02-11 06:03 PM
    never mind. I got excited
    11-02-11 06:05 PM
    So now on nov 6th this thread is going to be deserted
    Hoping for the longest thread ever

I will still post. I wanna see how many whiners there will be
    11-02-11 06:08 PM
    thread closing time for moderators.
    11-02-11 06:24 PM
    thread closing time for moderators.
    agreed.. .. .. it has served its purpose.
    11-02-11 07:42 PM
    Hasn't it been suggested to be closed for quite some time now? Ha.

I've waited this long, I'm kinda considering waiting to see the black friday deals to see if I can get it for super cheap. Ha.
    11-02-11 07:53 PM
    Why you ganna close this thread?
    U still need to see what happens after nov 6...

11-02-11 07:53 PM
    hmmm so do I now sell my rogers on ebay and pick up an att branded 9900 in a week or so? I could leave my familys plan and start my own..
    11-02-11 08:08 PM
    Why you ganna close this thread?
    U still need to see what happens after nov 6...

Exactly !!! then after Nov 6th we'll start to see some complains about this loooong waited device
    11-02-11 08:37 PM
    I just love it when on the non-moderators order the moderators to close a thread. I would be $1,000 that they are all the only child.
    We can always start a Nov 6 owners thread to discuss our experiences with the 9900. Just a thought
    I just love it when on the non-moderators order the moderators to close a thread. I would be $1,000 that they are all the only child.
    Its not an order... its a request or thought. I personally don't care if it stays open but people still complaining and arguing...

Ps, you'd lose that $1,000 since I am NOT AN ONLY CHILD. So, there goes your way to make money. Have a good day.
    11-02-11 09:10 PM
1,957 ... 6263646566 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD