I generally don't see any official announcements come out more than a few days before release. So it really could be anytime.

Like I said I have seen or heard nothing to indicate this device is delayed. There has never been an official release date announced. Under most circumstances release is usually 2 to 3 weeks following TA (Technical Acceptance) which happened on 10/17.

YES!!!

I completely disagree with the entire premise of your post. The notion that there is a hold up on the release is entirely untrue and as I have stated here previously RIM did not deliver this device for lab entry until 8/1. Given the normal test process there has been an additional two week delay only because RIM did not deliver final firmware for this device on time.

When the device ultimately hits stores will have absolutely nothing to do with leaked document from RIM specifically because they have no control over the release date assuming they can deliver on manufacturing targets. Even if release were to slip to 11/20 for some reason it would be nothing more than coincidence or RIMs best guess at the time given at&t's normal testing time lines and accounting for modest delays.

PG
    Are you employed by at&t? If you are, you've got balls. The CDA/NDA you signed explicitly forbids you from even making a comment here. This goes for the mod too. Just curious?
    10-28-11 02:56 PM
    I generally don't see any official announcements come out more than a few days before release. So it really could be anytime.

Like I said I have seen or heard nothing to indicate this device is delayed. There has never been an official release date announced. Under most circumstances release is usually 2 to 3 weeks following TA (Technical Acceptance) which happened on 10/17.

YES!!!

I completely disagree with the entire premise of your post. The notion that there is a hold up on the release is entirely untrue and as I have stated here previously RIM did not deliver this device for lab entry until 8/1. Given the normal test process there has been an additional two week delay only because RIM did not deliver final firmware for this device on time.

When the device ultimately hits stores will have absolutely nothing to do with leaked document from RIM specifically because they have no control over the release date assuming they can deliver on manufacturing targets. Even if release were to slip to 11/20 for some reason it would be nothing more than coincidence or RIMs best guess at the time given at&t's normal testing time lines and accounting for modest delays.

PG
    By you statement that RIM did not deliver the 9900 for Lab Entry until 8/1 are you implying that AT&T requested that RIM deliver the device for testing within the same timeframe that Verizon, Sprint and T-Mobile got theirs? That would be a crucial piece of information to ascertain if RIM, rather than AT&T, is responsible for AT&T subcribers not yet having access to the 9900 while Viettel Telecom subscribers in Vietnam do.

The other statement that called my attention was your reference to the BlackBerry Device "Road Map" being a leaked document from RIM since that was not in the CrackBerry.com article.
    10-28-11 03:42 PM
    Are you employed by at&t? If you are, you've got balls. The CDA/NDA you signed explicitly forbids you from even making a comment here. This goes for the mod too. Just curious?
    LOL, I am certain that both PG and CX know exactly what they can and cannot say. I appreciate their imput as they are typically correct,whether we like it or not.
    10-28-11 04:10 PM
    I really don't see the point in bickering and arguing. Bottom-line is we (the current AT&T Customers), have to play the sit and wait game...as we've been doing since this thread started.

Does it suck...? YES...abso-friggin-lutely! Is bickering and arguing over irrelevant details going to change anything at this point (or cause the phone to magically be released overnight)...? Nope!

phonegeek#AC likes this.
    10-28-11 04:19 PM
    The S2 looks like an incredible phone, and at this point, I'm just tired of letting my upgrade sit there collecting dust. Overall the S2 has more features, the only thing that keeps me wanting the 9900 is that keyboard.
    Agree, I went and spent quite a bit of time with the S2 today, it is a really nice device. There are pro's and con's with both platforms but I think I would miss the keyboard and the trackpad. It is difficult to make corrections in text just using the touchscreen, I use my trackpad all the time! But I really do like the size, weight,and form of the S2. I may give it a spin for awhile, probably buy it off contract and sell it if I don't adapt to it.
    10-28-11 04:27 PM
    Agree, I went and spent quite a bit of time with the S2 today, it is a really nice device. There are pro's and con's with both platforms but I think I would miss the keyboard and the trackpad. It is difficult to make corrections in text just using the touchscreen, I use my trackpad all the time! But I really do like the size, weight,and form of the S2. I may give it a spin for awhile, probably buy it off contract and sell it if I don't adapt to it.
    Yes the keyboard/trackpad and BBM are really the only reasons to stay with BB at this point. Without those three things, I would be on Android or Wp7 in a heartbeat.

The Galaxy S2 is really a gorgeous device, it has been very difficult to hold back using my upgrade on it; but I am also waiting to see the Samsung Focus S that will be coming to AT&T on the 6th.
    10-28-11 04:56 PM
    this thread still going strong
    10-28-11 05:09 PM
    I have an unlocked Galaxy S2 and a 9900 on ATT. I literally can't decide between the two so I've just decided to keep them both! I switch the sim periodically depending on my needs.

Benefits of the S2:
    Screen is stunning
    Camera is superb
    Battery is better than 9900...but not by much
    Web browsing is fast, easy and accurate
    Media playback is better
    Google Maps with voice direction is terrific
    Mobile hotspot w/out tethering charges

Benefits of the 9900:
    keyboard is perfect. I make almost no mistakes on it whereas I'm constantly editing on my s2
    email is more reliable
    calendar, contacts etc are all rock solid with BES

Basically when I need to do a lot of emailing/texting/work I use the 9900. When I'm traveling and need the gps, browser, mobile hotspot etc, I use the GS2.
    10-28-11 05:12 PM
    What's it to you? You're on Verizon anyway, you already have your Bold 9930. Imagine you didnt and every other major carrier already had them for 2 months. PG is just trying to help us abused AT&T BlackBerry users.
    10-28-11 05:12 PM
    I have an unlocked Galaxy S2 and a 9900 on ATT. I literally can't decide between the two so I've just decided to keep them both! I switch the sim periodically depending on my needs.

Benefits of the S2:
    Screen is stunning
    Camera is superb
    Battery is better than 9900...but not by much
    Web browsing is fast, easy and accurate
    Media playback is better
    Google Maps with voice direction is terrific
    Mobile hotspot w/out tethering charges

Benefits of the 9900:
    keyboard is perfect. I make almost no mistakes on it whereas I'm constantly editing on my s2
    email is more reliable
    calendar, contacts etc are all rock solid with BES

Basically when I need to do a lot of emailing/texting/work I use the 9900. When I'm traveling and need the gps, browser, mobile hotspot etc, I use the GS2.
    This is the same debacle I am finding myself in. I want the better battery, camera, screen, and media/browsing capabilities of the GS2, but the keyboard and communication abilities of the 9900.
    10-28-11 05:14 PM
    I really don't see the point in bickering and arguing. Bottom-line is we (the current AT&T Customers), have to play the sit and wait game...as we've been doing since this thread started.

Does it suck...? YES...abso-friggin-lutely! Is bickering and arguing over irrelevant details going to change anything at this point (or cause the phone to magically be released overnight)...? Nope!

I agree with you that it is unlikely that anything that we write here will have an effect on the release date. But we deserve to have all the facts that will put us in a position to judge for ourselves which party is responsible for us not having access to the 9900: RIM or AT&T. The information that we have been provided so far, while valuable and appreciated, only tells part of the story.
    10-28-11 05:16 PM
    I agree with you that it is unlikely that anything that we write here will have an effect on the release date. But we deserve to have all the facts that will put us in a position to judge for ourselves which party is responsible for us not having access to the 9900: RIM or AT&T. The information that we have been provided so far, while valuable and appreciated, only tells part of the story.
    As I stated before (and I think if I had a $1 for everytime I've read it on this thread), all we want is the AT&T version of the Blackberry 9900 Bold Touch to finally be released.

What I never understood (and what still baffles me beyond belief) is why half of these posts weren't made on AT&T's actual "Community Forums?"
    10-28-11 05:45 PM
    Seem to me that its AT&T that holding up the release on the 9900 and not RIM. All the other carrier have the 9900. AT&T and only them are the reason for the delay....
    10-28-11 05:47 PM
    Thanks for the info PG. I think that most of us here greatly appreciate all the info you and CX are able to provide to us. Please don't let the couple of posters that question everthing you guys say sway you from posting. Put your troll blinders on . Thanks again.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-28-11 06:05 PM
    It's slipping into a date posted months ago??? RIM didn't come up with those dates drawing numbers out of a hat dude. Those dates were based on an information exchange with the carriers. Implying that RIM/AT&T didn't know it was coming out much later than the other carriers is like saying "I think all the members of Crackberry are complete morons".

Corporations imply coincidence every single time they sccrew up or pisss people off and this is no different. Absolutely nothing has been presented to counter that. The monstrous gaps in logic and letting the members here at Crackberry ramble on aimlessly until some convenient rumors are needed is proof enough for me that there is no "inside source" but rather a simple rumor mill for posting here whenever someone deems it necessary to sink the hook a little more.

The reliable PG, telling everyone the AT&T portion of the roadmap was useless because the Verizon and Sprint dates were incorrect. Only problem with that is Sprint and Verizon both released the phone in a reasonable amount of time and AT&T didn't and never had plans to do so. What happens? PG also works for AT&T, what do you think he is gonna say??? AT&T decided to pressure RIM for a bigger slice of the pie (or whatever) and pissing people off was of no concern to the execs at AT&T??? AT&T customers get angry big time because they are sitting on upgrades for months on end waiting for the executives at AT&T to figure out how to acquire ANOTHER goose that lays golden eggs.

Then the knights in shining armor pop in, as little as possible, to keep the angry masses from moving to RED or SPRINT with stories that always remove blame from AT&T and place it squarely on someone else's shoulders. Funny how the late delivery tale came late in the thread and the hardware update came long after someone at RIM, who had nothing to gain by fudging the dates, posted NOV 20.

If you people can't smell that from a mile away then maybe you just can't smell at all.

Let me guess, after the phone is released, none of these stories will be proven but just taken for granted that they are 100% true?

I guess it wouldn't matter if their agreement with AT&T prevented them from posting about this stuff if someone they work for told them to do it right?

netnative likes this.
    10-28-11 07:49 PM
    It's slipping into a date posted months ago??? RIM didn't come up with those dates drawing numbers out of a hat dude. Those dates were based on an information exchange with the carriers. Implying that RIM/AT&T didn't know it was coming out much later than the other carriers is like saying "I think all the members of Crackberry are complete morons".

Corporations imply coincidence every single time they sccrew up or pisss people off and this is no different. Absolutely nothing has been presented to counter that. The monstrous gaps in logic and letting the members here at Crackberry ramble on aimlessly until some convenient rumors are needed is proof enough for me that there is no "inside source" but rather a simple rumor mill for posting here whenever someone deems it necessary to sink the hook a little more.

The reliable PG, telling everyone the AT&T portion of the roadmap was useless because the Verizon and Sprint dates were incorrect. Only problem with that is Sprint and Verizon both released the phone in a reasonable amount of time and AT&T didn't and never had plans to do so. What happens? PG also works for AT&T, what do you think he is gonna say??? AT&T decided to pressure RIM for a bigger slice of the pie (or whatever) and pissing people off was of no concern to the execs at AT&T??? AT&T customers get angry big time because they are sitting on upgrades for months on end waiting for the executives at AT&T to figure out how to acquire ANOTHER goose that lays golden eggs.

Then the knights in shining armor pop in, as little as possible, to keep the angry masses from moving to RED or SPRINT with stories that always remove blame from AT&T and place it squarely on someone else's shoulders. Funny how the late delivery tale came late in the thread and the hardware update came long after someone at RIM, who had nothing to gain by fudging the dates, posted NOV 20.

If you people can't smell that from a mile away then maybe you just can't smell at all.

Let me guess, after the phone is released, none of these stories will be proven but just taken for granted that they are 100% true?

I guess it wouldn't matter if their agreement with AT&T prevented them from posting about this stuff if someone they work for told them to do it right?

If you don't believe what PG says that's your right. But why must you combat everything he posts? Just move on. He has stated a couple times that he doesnt agree with a lot of what At&t does and can only give us so much info. Just appreciate the info or disregard it. simple
    10-28-11 08:03 PM
    Have I ever told anyone I disagreed with to "Just move on"? Is that what you say to people when your not in your home? "Just move on"? Or is it "Just move on when you disagree with PG or CX"?

If PG we're three different people would you be asking me "Why must you always combat Tom, ****, and Harry?"

You may wanna go back a re-read the thread because I haven't refuted everything PG has written but there have been times when he went out of his way to jump me, but his reasoning wasn't very logical.

My attitude is the same as CX, everyone gets an opinion and a say.

10-28-11 08:42 PM
    I am and I don't necessarily agree that it takes balls to post here but my identity is a closely guarded secret precisely because of statements I make here.

By you statement that RIM did not deliver the 9900 for Lab Entry until 8/1 are you implying that AT&T requested that RIM deliver the device for testing within the same timeframe that Verizon, Sprint and T-Mobile got theirs? That would be a crucial piece of information to ascertain if RIM, rather than AT&T, is responsible for AT&T subcribers not yet having access to the 9900 while Viettel Telecom subscribers in Vietnam do.

The other statement that called my attention was your reference to the BlackBerry Device "Road Map" being a leaked document from RIM since that was not in the CrackBerry.com article.
    I do not believe that we "request" delivery of devices on certain dates but I will say with complete honesty I don't know. I am not privy to that part of the process, is it possible, sure but it is not my belief that this is what happens. We don't request it be delivered to the lab on a specific date, the mfg does.

So I will agree with you that RIM/AT&T knew it was coming much later because they both knew when the device was submitted for testing and both know what the normal testing process is. Now the underlying question is why was it always set to come out later on at&t. Truth is there is no one here that knows all any of us can do on that is speculate.

Now I don't think I've ever said the roadmap was useless. I don't believe that it has been all that accurate but I have said that the suggestion that there is a document that came out last summer that was all knowing on what date this device would be released on at&t is incorrect. The testing process is what it is and the marketing folks at at&t don't have control of it and neither does RIM.

Yes I work for at&t but I've also been very consistent in saying I don't agree with a lot of things that my company does to customers. I don't have to say anything here and I am not by any stretch a cheerleader for at&t. Do I think we do a better than average job yes, some here may agree, others may disagree. I do my best to answer questions, provide information as I have it and help educate people on the process that goes into testing as well as how this network works etc because 99% of people here don't know or understand and just assume that its execs trying to squeeze another nickel out of RIM or out of their customers. Believe me I have been in this industry a long time and every carrier and every phone manufacturer is always trying to squeeze another nickel out each other or the end user.

I have never professed to be a knight in shining armor or anything remotely close. In all honesty if people are simply going to move carriers because carrier X has a specific phone first then fine. I really don't care, why you ask, because my company usually gets the vast majority of the newest devices first or at the same time as the other carriers so I know those people will be back.

Not sure what I ever did to offend you as generally I don't post here things designed to p!ss people off. Regardless if your offended because some folks here actually are interested in my opinion and my insight then I am sorry but I don't post here to be popular. I provide information to the best of my knowledge...

PG
    motor96, ADGrant, rpwash and 2 others like this.
    10-28-11 08:59 PM
    Have I ever told anyone I disagreed with to "Just move on"? Is that what you say to people when your not in your home? "Just move on"? Or is it "Just move on when you disagree with PG or CX"?

If PG we're three different people would you be asking me "Why must you always combat Tom, ****, and Harry?"

You may wanna go back a re-read the thread because I haven't refuted everything PG has written but there have been times when he went out of his way to jump me, but his reasoning wasn't very logical.

My attitude is the same as CX, everyone gets an opinion and a say.

Olblueyez is right in pointing-out that PG shares only that information that removes blame from AT&T.

I have no reason to belief that the information that PG has posted is false. However, PG is providing us with only with part of the story. Asking questions about the rest of the story would not be combating him.

For instance, PG stated that RIM did not deliver the 9900 for Lab Entry until 8/1 suggesting that RIM delivered the device later than AT&T expected or requested it. However, PG did not directly assert that. He made no direct assertions as to when AT&T requested, expected, or allowed delivery of the 9900 for testing. PG told us what happened on 8/1 but not before that.
    Last edited by ecustomer; 10-28-11 at 09:15 PM.
    10-28-11 09:12 PM
    well looks like AT&T is gearing up for something else on 11/6..

https://www.facebook.com/ATT/posts/159857550776149

http://www.engadget.com/2011/10/28/s...er-6th-releas/
    Last edited by uniqueinvestor; 10-28-11 at 09:19 PM.
    10-28-11 09:12 PM
    Moderator, I'm begging you, please release all these tools from their misery and delete this thread. In the alternative, would you kindly rename it "Get a Life"? It's a smartphone people, not a civilization course change.
    10-28-11 09:20 PM
    I am and I don't necessarily agree that it takes balls to post here but my identity is a closely guarded secret precisely because of statements I make here.

I do not believe that we "request" delivery of devices on certain dates but I will say with complete honesty I don't know. I am not privy to that part of the process, is it possible, sure but it is not my belief that this is what happens. We don't request it be delivered to the lab on a specific date, the mfg does.

So I will agree with you that RIM/AT&T knew it was coming much later because they both knew when the device was submitted for testing and both know what the normal testing process is. Now the underlying question is why was it always set to come out later on at&t. Truth is there is no one here that knows all any of us can do on that is speculate.

Now I don't think I've ever said the roadmap was useless. I don't believe that it has been all that accurate but I have said that the suggestion that there is a document that came out last summer that was all knowing on what date this device would be released on at&t is incorrect. The testing process is what it is and the marketing folks at at&t don't have control of it and neither does RIM.

Yes I work for at&t but I've also been very consistent in saying I don't agree with a lot of things that my company does to customers. I don't have to say anything here and I am not by any stretch a cheerleader for at&t. Do I think we do a better than average job yes, some here may agree, others may disagree. I do my best to answer questions, provide information as I have it and help educate people on the process that goes into testing as well as how this network works etc because 99% of people here don't know or understand and just assume that its execs trying to squeeze another nickel out of RIM or out of their customers. Believe me I have been in this industry a long time and every carrier and every phone manufacturer is always trying to squeeze another nickel out each other or the end user.

I have never professed to be a knight in shining armor or anything remotely close. In all honesty if people are simply going to move carriers because carrier X has a specific phone first then fine. I really don't care, why you ask, because my company usually gets the vast majority of the newest devices first or at the same time as the other carriers so I know those people will be back.

Not sure what I ever did to offend you as generally I don't post here things designed to p!ss people off. Regardless if your offended because some folks here actually are interested in my opinion and my insight then I am sorry but I don't post here to be popular. I provide information to the best of my knowledge...

PG
    Thank you for this post... But, with all due respect, if you do not know what happened before 8/1, or are not privy to the process within AT&T before testing starts, you do not have grounds to suggest that the testing process is determinant of the date on which the 9900 will be released. AT&T could have caused the release date to be closer to November 20th than to August 21st by its dealings with RIM prior to 8/1.
    10-28-11 09:38 PM
    Moderator, I'm begging you, please release all these tools from their misery and delete this thread. In the alternative, would you kindly rename it "Get a Life"? It's a smartphone people, not a civilization course change.
    Tools, eh? So that makes you a tool for posting, right?

Don't get so uptight. It's just a forum......
    motor96 likes this.
    10-28-11 09:45 PM
    Yeah, these were hit on earlier today - a few pages back.
    10-28-11 09:46 PM
    Leaving AT&T for Sprint next Friday, I would encourage others to switch carriers... This wait is seriously ridiculous. I wouldnt be surprised if the IP5 comes out before this does on AT&T making the 9900 entirely irrelevant. Not to mention that camera's lack of focus tho & no front facing camera (which is standard). Not to mention the lack of a populated app store (which is also standard)... idk why BBerys are just not capable of producing practical/entertainment/decent apps. I assume developers and RIM are not going to even work on OS 7/7.1 appworld/etc with QNX in development. Idk why even popular apps like Instagrm dont even expand into RIM... I feel like no one has faith in it, so why should I either? Everyone's counter argument to the apps/camera(front/back) is that BBerry's are for work, not play, but what I don't understand is why they cant do both? The iP CAN do both, but is clearly better for leisure (as their push system sucks), but the fact that it CAN is what makes it sell.

Im getting the BB 9930 (with sprint) out of pity for RIM knowing itll likely be the last Blackberry I ever buy, especially since the new ones are going to be without a physical keyboard. With QNX coming into the mix, the BB 9900(30) will be known as RIM's the last flawless relic.

QNX's all touch devices will likely be a no-go for me, especially with the PB failing so badly... When it comes to touch screen, I learned my lesson with Android and such, iPhone is king.

History of phones for me:

iP(lost 1 bought 1)->iP3G(lost 1, bought 2)->BB9000(lost 1, bought 1)->iP3GS(x1)->BB9000(replaced 3times)->BB9800(replaced 4times)-> BB9930 with sprint soon.

Love BB, but BB9930 will likely be the last one I buy. Hopefully Apple gets adventurous and incorporates physical keyboard (or slide keyboard) + LED into their iP5 or something. OR BEST CASE SCENARIO, RIM decides to produce a QNX phone similar to BB9900. I will not touch Android phones after playing with my brothers... horrendous.

I gotta be honest, RIM will never succeed without a reputable/practical/plentiful/compatible app world. They have to target to the majority, not minority. Minority being those who use phones ONLY/EXCLUSIVELY for business. Not everyone is a CEO.

UPDATE
    I called AT&T to tell them about my plans to switch to Sprint and to see if they would maybe even compete rates with them to have me stay, they legit said that they cannot compete with the plan Sprint offered so would have to let us go. Then we asked if they would let us upgrade early... and then they said no again lol. My parents have been with them for 12 years & have 7 lines with them. LOL.... Oh well! Although my family's going to be charged for breaking contract on 3 lines of the 7, we're going to be saving $250 a month by switching. Hopefully this is some insight! As far as I know Sprint doesn't charge for NFC which AT&T is supposedly looking into doing (not that NFC really even matters lol... NFC = Noone F****ng Cares).
    Last edited by c4rt00nb0y; 10-28-11 at 10:04 PM.
    10-28-11 09:50 PM
1,957 ... 4950515253 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD