What's so special about AT&T version of the 9900 that's causing all of this commotion? Thanks
    They're just trying to figure out a way to dumb down the hardware so they can charge you more for the features that normally come out of the box.
    09-27-11 08:31 PM
    When is the 9900 Bold coming out from AT&T?

Why is it taking so long?
    austriker likes this.
    09-27-11 10:00 PM

The answer is in this thread.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    austriker and joju58 like this.
    09-27-11 10:03 PM

Really? A rep told me it will be next Wednesday....
    joju58 likes this.
    09-27-11 10:08 PM

So far the best guess that we have is November 20th, and even that's a crap shoot.
    09-27-11 10:09 PM
    uh oh...

here we go again..
    09-27-11 10:30 PM
    uh oh...

here we go again..
    lmao......
    09-27-11 10:51 PM
    You MIGHT wanna read through this thread. I wish it were true (as does most everyone checking this thread 20+ times daily), but I think we'll be lucky to see it before years-end.
    09-28-11 12:49 AM
    You MIGHT wanna read through this thread. I wish it were true (as does most everyone checking this thread 20+ times daily), but I think we'll be lucky to see it before years-end.
    Years end sounds about right unfortunately
    09-28-11 01:25 AM
    Sorry if you missed my sarcasm, I thought it was evident.....
    09-28-11 06:30 AM
    It was perfectly evident... nice one!

09-28-11 06:41 AM
    No point in a release if its not going to be to years end.. by that time the phone has already been out on other carriers for so long.. pay all that money for a 5-6 month old phone? Might as well wait until QNX.

Never a fan of ETFs, but glad I left for Verizon and won't be waiting til whoknowswhen
    09-28-11 08:22 AM
    well-played sir...
    09-28-11 04:37 PM
    Att needs to hurry or I will get an unbranded phone.

09-28-11 05:24 PM
    My bold 9000 just completely died on me yesterday and I had to go out and get a replacement, so I got the torch 9810. I must say its faster than my 9000 but I love my keyboard and just don't really care for the slider. The sales rep said I have 30 days to return...so hopefully fingers crossed the bold 9900 will be out...not holding my breath tho. I asked the sales rep as well why isn't there more blackberry phones in your inventory. Since t-mobile has the bold 9900 and the new curves?!?!?!
    Last edited by bigtymballa68; 09-28-11 at 06:14 PM.
    09-28-11 06:12 PM
    Nov 20 dude.

3migo likes this.
    09-28-11 11:47 PM
    Will October 4th - aka the iPhone 5 / 4S announcement date, affect anyone's decision to wait for the BB 9900 on AT&T?

--my thoughts here--
    BB 9800 user here... I want the 9900 so badly, I have looked into buying an unlocked version from Telus, but cannot bring myself to pay full price ($500-ish+shipping), for a phone that is already out of date/not on par with the standard features of MOST smartphones.

Once that one BBM equivalent Apple has talked about releases on the iPhone OS, I may have to jump the sinking RIM ship. I went from ipG1->ip3G->BB9000->ip3GS->BB9800. In and out of love with RIM. I've been insulted/looked down upon due to my phone choice on many occasions and it is so disheartening, especially since I'm such a Blackberry-stan. As much as everyone may disagree, the standard nowadays has really changed to:

8MP
    Touch integration of some sort (with or without physical keyboard)
    ESTABLISHED Appstore
    Front-Facing Camera

People can disagree as much as they want and say Blackberry phones are business devices, but the fact of the matter is that the average consumer wants more than just business on a phone, they want capabilities. Although they may not use it as much, knowing you can is almost more important. Those debating the relevancy and urgency of front facing camera -- I'm 20, and know many (girls & guys) around my age who have bought phones based on prettyness of OS, popularity among celebrities, & frontfacing cameras alone. Currently technology & smartphones are especially purchased by younger demographics imho. If they do not cater to the masses, RIM will suffer in sales.

Do you think AT&T may release a revised 9900 (9980) with a front facing camera + 4G + 8MP and is possibly saving this to release shortly thereafter the iPhone5/4S release?

I feel after the ip5/4s release there is no purpose to even buy a 9900 given the fact that it becomes obsolete in many aspects via hardware/camera/entertainment/etc.
    Last edited by c4rt00nb0y; 09-29-11 at 12:26 AM.
    Gomz likes this.
    09-29-11 12:23 AM

Do you think AT&T may release a revised 9900 (9980) with a front facing camera + 4G + 8MP and is possibly saving this to release shortly thereafter the iPhone5/4S release?
    What? RIM is not going to go and make an entirely different phone, with completely new features and hardware, JUST for AT&T.
    09-29-11 12:31 AM
    Will October 4th - aka the iPhone 5 / 4S announcement date, affect anyone's decision to wait for the BB 9900 on AT&T?

--my thoughts here--
    BB 9800 user here... I want the 9900 so badly, I have looked into buying an unlocked version from Telus, but cannot bring myself to pay full price ($500-ish+shipping), for a phone that is already out of date/not on par with the standard features of MOST smartphones.

Once that one BBM equivalent Apple has talked about releases on the iPhone OS, I may have to jump the sinking RIM ship. I went from ipG1->ip3G->BB9000->ip3GS->BB9800. In and out of love with RIM. I've been insulted/looked down upon due to my phone choice on many occasions and it is so disheartening, especially since I'm such a Blackberry-stan. As much as everyone may disagree, the standard nowadays has really changed to:

8MP
    Touch integration of some sort (with or without physical keyboard)
    ESTABLISHED Appstore
    Front-Facing Camera

People can disagree as much as they want and say Blackberry phones are business devices, but the fact of the matter is that the average consumer wants more than just business on a phone, they want capabilities. Although they may not use it as much, knowing you can is almost more important. Those debating the relevancy and urgency of front facing camera -- I'm 20, and know many (girls & guys) around my age who have bought phones based on prettyness of OS, popularity among celebrities, & frontfacing cameras alone. Currently technology & smartphones are especially purchased by younger demographics imho. If they do not cater to the masses, RIM will suffer in sales.

I feel after the ip5/4s release there is no purpose to even buy a 9900 given the fact that it becomes obsolete in many aspects via hardware/camera/entertainment/etc.
    Why are you still here if all you can do is insult our phones of choice? It's apparent you have already made up your mind. Go get your iPhone and be happy with it. We don't consider The 99xx to be obsolete at all, of we did none of of us would be buying it. Does it lack apps and a few other things? yes but so does iPhone (even the 5), only different things. If main priority were entertainment we would not be getting this device. I don't want to take this thread OT by debating this with you, but seriously go get your iPhone and be happy with it and allow us to be happy with our Bolds.
    Bob G likes this.
    09-29-11 12:37 AM
    What? RIM is not going to go and make an entirely different phone, with completely new features and hardware, JUST for AT&T.
    They did it for the Torch 9800 last year, and the Storms were supposed to be Verizon and Vodaphone exclusives (Telus and Bell got them too), the Style was for Sprint.... there is definitely prescient for this but I agree that they wont re-design the 9900 just for AT&T, but they MIGHT come out with an upgraded version of it later next year as a QNX alternative for those traditional Blackbery diehards. I know conventional wisdom is that these are going to be the last of the traditional Blackberry OS devices but I am to the belief that there will be one more line of devices on the older platform as an overlap when they make the transition.
    09-29-11 12:42 AM
    They did it for the Torch 9800 last year, and the Storms were supposed to be Verizon and Vodaphone exclusives (Telus and Bell got them too), the Style was for Sprint.... there is definitely prescient for this but I agree that they wont re-design the 9900 just for AT&T, but they MIGHT come out with an upgraded version of it later next year as a QNX alternative for those traditional Blackbery diehards. I know conventional wisdom is that these are going to be the last of the traditional Blackberry OS devices but I am to the belief that there will be one more line of devices on the older platform as an overlap when they make the transition.
    I was under the impression OS7 would run along side QNX for some time.
    09-29-11 10:28 AM
    I know conventional wisdom is that these are going to be the last of the traditional Blackberry OS devices but I am to the belief that there will be one more line of devices on the older platform as an overlap when they make the transition.
    Essentially what you are saying is that this will be the last we see of the physical keyboard with Blackberry? super sad. Idk why they couldn't just slap on a front facing camera with 8MP camera on the back & provide larger incentives for those creating apps for their app world, I feel the insides would be able to handle it -- battery not so much, but... If what you say is true- I'm disappointed.

I really want to get the 9900... But by it lacking in many different areas that seem to be more & more standard urggs me. We'll see... I always say Ima jump boat, but never do. I'm likely going to wait & see what the IP5 looks like oct.4th and see if the BB9900 is still worth the wait on AT&T.

Last edited by c4rt00nb0y; 09-29-11 at 11:50 AM.
    09-29-11 11:44 AM
    Im still waiting for att 9900. I really hope it comes out soon. Im still considering an unbranded but if the 650+ is holding me back, specially what if the phone has problem, where will i go to replace it?
    On a side note, i have said this before and i will say it again. RIM needs to understand the make Blackberries, phone with the best keyboards ever. People love their keyboards. They need to stick to one phone and just improve it, jyst like apple does with the iphone. They have not done anything but just improve what they had: iphone is first of all an ipod, music player that is entertaining as well with all of what an ipod makes an ipod: itunes. RIM needs to sty true to RIM: improve their 9900 with qnx or whatever but still make the 9900 better by improving their OS, they are security, emailing and messaging, so the need to make the phoes more secure so that u can pay with ur phone, they need to improve emailing, i dont know how but find a way to just improve what mekes u u and not try copy others like android and apple. Stop that non sense:9860 thats pittiful, a touch screen phone that offers less than every other touch screen out there... U need o continue making physical jeyboars man... RIM has to do RIM...

09-29-11 06:04 PM
    I was under the impression OS7 would run along side QNX for some time.
    It's all conjecture at this point but I think they would be smart to have at least two more launch cycles of traditional BB OS's while QNX gets the kinks out and then eventually transition to strictly QNX core with BBOS elements (ie BBM, BIS, etc.). RIM does not always do the smart thing so I personally think it will be one overlap release, but we shall see.
    09-29-11 07:03 PM
    Essentially what you are saying is that this will be the last we see of the physical keyboard with Blackberry?
    The first QNX devices will be touch screen but there will be QWERTY QNX devices eventually. RIM knows that there is a huge market for them.

super sad. Idk why they couldn't just slap on a front facing camera with 8MP camera on the back & provide larger incentives for those creating apps for their app world, I feel the insides would be able to handle it -- battery not so much, but... If what you say is true- I'm disappointed.
    Because creating apps for the older OS is a dead end, QNX is the future. They want to support the existing users and developes but are not going to pour large amounts of resources into something that wont be around other than in legacy form for more than a few more years.

I really want to get the 9900... But by it lacking in many different areas that seem to be more & more standard urggs me. We'll see... I always say Ima jump boat, but never do. I'm likely going to wait & see what the IP5 looks like oct.4th and see if the BB9900 is still worth the wait on AT&T.
    Your choice of course but it sounds to me like you will not be happy with the Bold. My advice do what Kevin does and carry a BB Bold and an iPhone (and now an Android LOL)
    09-29-11 07:10 PM
1,957 ... 1920212223 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD