03-17-13 12:11 PM
1,957 ... 89101112 ...
tools
    Wow. You might be my hero. Everytime I go by a verizon store I check out the 9930. So is there any negative at all with buying an unlocked rogers for att besides the minor detail of not being labeled right and no warranty. Will it get att 's fastest network even as it continues to upgrade. My laptop died otherwise I would extensively research this right now

Also if its only 200 out of pocket (estimated of course), that means it might be just as cheap or even cheaper than a new contract with the 9900 when they finally start selling it!! Am I thinking this through right???

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

09-08-11 10:37 PM
    Wow. You might be my hero. Everytime I go by a verizon store I check out the 9930. So is there any negative at all with buying an unlocked rogers for att besides the minor detail of not being labeled right and no warranty. Will it get att 's fastest network even as it continues to upgrade. My laptop died otherwise I would extensively research this right now

Djnick is the hero - it was his idea. I did exactly what he suggested today. Walked in to ATT, upgraded to a Torch 2. Promptly put the Torch 2 on ebay and bought a Rogers 9900. I'm not sure about the warranty - I don't see why you wouldn't get a warranty but I could be wrong.
    09-08-11 11:22 PM
    I have been endlessly reading the forums concerning the Bold 9900 for AT&T in anticipation of getting some type of info on when this phone might get released and also to see that there are many people that feel my pain in not having this phone. I'm so fed up with this nonsense that AT&T is putting me through that I had to join crackberry to finally vent to individuals who care about this matter. I'm ready to leave AT&T and finally get a 9900 from another carrier but I'll still be stuck with them being as I have service with them for my iPad. I don't want 2 separate bills but AT&T is not giving me any other choice seeing that they won't even give us a release date!
    09-08-11 11:50 PM
    November 20

09-09-11 01:19 AM
    My calculations are obviously a little off. No guarantee that you will sell your Torch 2 for $500. Anywhere from $425-500 dollars then ebay and paypal fees. But net is you will get the phone for the same price when att releases just a little more hassle. Chances are att will sell it for $199 + tax on full price of the phone so you are looking at around $260 if you wait until november or whenever it is out.
    09-09-11 02:58 AM
    I got sick of waiting and I just bought the Torch 9810. It came the day before yesterday and I LOVE this device! I've always been a Bold fan but if anyone else doesn't feel like waiting for the 9900 until November...the 9810 for $49.99 is A W E S O M E!!!!!
    09-09-11 03:25 AM
    November 20

Can you share a source please?
    09-09-11 06:48 AM
    Can you share a source please?
    This date was shown in a "road map" which reflected upcoming device releases.
    09-09-11 08:57 AM
    I got sick of waiting and I just bought the Torch 9810. It came the day before yesterday and I LOVE this device! I've always been a Bold fan but if anyone else doesn't feel like waiting for the 9900 until November...the 9810 for $49.99 is A W E S O M E!!!!!
    smh, their schema is working.
    Dammerung2010 likes this.
    09-09-11 09:20 AM
    smh, their schema is working.

Scheme or not, you still have to like that $50 price sticker.
    09-09-11 09:30 AM
    Scheme or not, you still have to like that $50 price sticker.
    Personally I would love it more if the 9900 was at that price.
    I didn't jump on the 9800 when it was a penny, although it IS a killer price, but if its not the device for you, why pay the $50.
    Dammerung2010 likes this.
    09-09-11 02:48 PM
    Personally I would love it more if the 9900 was at that price.
    I didn't jump on the 9800 when it was a penny, although it IS a killer price, but if its not the device for you, why pay the $50.
    Agreed, wish the 9900 was $50 too. I really like both, so the price will definitely be a factor when I decide which to get.
    09-09-11 03:15 PM
    atleast we know nov is likey the month.
    09-09-11 05:50 PM
    Does anyone know if you can pay for an upgrade with cash? Highly doubt it, but thought I'd ask.
    09-09-11 07:15 PM
    Does anyone know if you can pay for an upgrade with cash? Highly doubt it, but thought I'd ask.
    Now, why couldn't you pay with cash? It's still legal tender but don't wait too long.
    09-09-11 09:07 PM
    it will not be november.releasing after iphone 5's debut month is buring rim in the cemetery.iphone 5 sales will be up the roof.another reason:no word from at&t yet,so the picketing set for sept 17 is on schedule.another reason,rim is trying to rush the new qnx phone before this year is over.how dumb would at&t be for waiting until november when they are also likely to get a new shipment of qnx superphones.more customers are going to opt of course for the qnx model.so where does that leave the os 7 model?its not going to sell like hotcakes as it would if it debut earlier.at&t doesn't have the time to take their precious time in deciding which month they will launch.its going to look bad for the rim brand.but does at&t even care about bb brand?apple is their gold mine of course.so many reasons at&t,and yet nothing from your side.
    Last edited by chetan1285; 09-09-11 at 09:59 PM.
    09-09-11 09:08 PM
    it will not be november.releasing after iphone 5's debut month is buring rim in the cemetery.iphone 5 sales will be up the roof.another reason:no word from at&t yet,so the picketing set for sept 17 is on schedule.another reason,rim is trying to rush the new qnx phone before this year is over.how dumb would at&t be for waiting until november when they are also likely to get a new shipment of qnx superphones.more customers are going to opt of course for the qnx model.so where does that leave the os 7 model?its not going to sell like hotcakes as it would if it debut earlier.at&t doesn't have the time to take their precious time in deciding which month they will launch.its going to look bad for the rim brand.but doesn't at&t even care about bb brand?apple is their gold mine of course.so many reasons at&t,and yet nothing from your side.
    I gotta ask......is your spacebar key broken?
    09-09-11 09:21 PM
    ^nope i didn't put it on silent. *_*
    its fully functional.but hey at least i don't write like 6-7 paragraphs long posts as some people do on here on cb.i don't know if they are pondering that in their brain or it just comes onto the screen as they type.some posts are like pages of novel but this is tech we are talking about here not something for leisure.it amazes me what some people can do.
    09-09-11 09:41 PM
    Now, why couldn't you pay with cash? It's still legal tender but don't wait too long.
    Idk... I know if you want to buy an iPhone off plan at the Apple Store you can't use cash and need to use a card. I assumed it would be the same for AT&T in general.
    09-09-11 10:49 PM
    OK. If I go the Rogers unlocked route for a 9900, and i'm under contract with AT&T on a 9800, can I basically just swap my SIM card and go? And would I have to do anything before selling my 9800 to make sure the next owner could use it? TIA
    09-09-11 11:26 PM
    OK. If I go the Rogers unlocked route for a 9900, and i'm under contract with AT&T on a 9800, can I basically just swap my SIM card and go? And would I have to do anything before selling my 9800 to make sure the next owner could use it? TIA
    Wipe your phone, put on a new OS and boom you're done. Should be able to swap sims and go
    09-09-11 11:30 PM
    it amazes me what some people can do.
    Funny. I was just thinking the same thing.
    09-10-11 06:49 AM
    Idk... I know if you want to buy an iPhone off plan at the Apple Store you can't use cash and need to use a card. I assumed it would be the same for AT&T in general.
    I'd say no one can refuse to accept cash for a transaction......it is legal tender. I dare someone to tell me they won't take cash in order to pay for something in the United States.
    09-10-11 09:52 AM
    I'd say no one can refuse to accept cash for a transaction......it is legal tender. I dare someone to tell me they won't take cash in order to pay for something in the United States.

I know a few business that refuse cash. One was robbed 3 times in a year, and another was able to save money not having to pay an employee to collect the money and make deposits. We are heading forward a cashless society. The trend is definitely growing.
    21stNow likes this.
    09-10-11 10:14 AM
    Try paying your water bill with cash.

09-10-11 10:17 AM
1,957 ... 89101112 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD