Just got back from checking out the 9900 at my local AT&T store. That thing is all kinds of sexy! I don't have a full discount on an upgrade until November 2012, so an early upgrade is gonna cost me about $450. Looks like I'm gonna have to wait about 3 more weeks. Hopefully my 9000 will last that long.

Side note, it always baffles me how uninformed, and uncaring Telecommunications Employees are. I walked in inquiring about the 2 new BlackBerry models available today (the 9900 and the 9860) and the lady who greeted me had absolutely no clue of their existence. She actually asked me if I was sure and I ended up leading her over to the BlackBerry display once I spotted the 9900.

It's not just AT&T either, I've encountered problems like that at Sprint and T-Mobile as well.
    11-06-11 11:15 AM
    In and out of my AT&T store in about 10 minutes. They had sold 3 as of noon. The sales consultant was very familiar with them as well as the issue with the unlimited data. He set up the renewal exactly the same as my current plan.

Could not have been easier.
    11-06-11 11:25 AM
    Just got back with mine and i must say this phone is effin awesome!!!!! Not sure where mine is from but ill let you know
    11-06-11 11:32 AM
    Jets game first then phone. Be back in 4 hours
    11-06-11 11:34 AM
    If you think that a smartphone is an investment worth taking seriously, then I suggest you make productive comments rather than disparaging ones. If you don't think that a smartphone is an investment worth taking seriously, then you should probably do us all a favor and get the **** out of this thread.

On-topic, the 9900/9860 are definitely available for Premier customers, it showed up on my account last night. I'm nervous about actually going to the store though, because the BusinessTalk plan we have is on my line, and I don't want the store to ruin my data plan or get me into some ridiculous contract or **** things up. So I think I'm just going to do this over the phone and wait to get it in the mail, unless I get some confirmation from phone people that it's okay to go to the store... I just have to know what to tell them... any Premier users that can shed some light on this?
    Crucial_Xtreme likes this.
    11-06-11 11:38 AM
    just got home with mine! there was no problem about my unlimited data plan since i was grandfathered in, there was no hassle to keep it. word cannot even begin to explain how i excited and happy i am
    11-06-11 11:46 AM
    I'm planning on buying, but will wait to see if AT&T users experience the same issues others are having.
    11-06-11 11:46 AM
    I just got back with mine and it its an amazing device!!! Mines was made in Mexico and I have been reading that many people have had problems with theres so I am keeping my fingers crossed.
    Can you confirm that the AT&T version has autofocus? Saw it listed on the website and was sure it had to be a mistake. Thanks.
    11-06-11 11:49 AM
    Is someone censoring the posts? Geez. That's weak. People can have opinions even though no one agrees.
    11-06-11 11:50 AM
    Is someone censoring the posts? Geez. That's weak. People can have opinions even though no one agrees.
    No I deleted it because of the quote that was in the post, as you can see I deleted his post as well. If I remove the quote from the post then people have no idea what you're talking about.
    You were absolutely correct in your post, I just needed to remove his nonsense from the equation.
    11-06-11 11:58 AM
    I have a Mexico 4 unit
    11-06-11 12:03 PM
    can anyone confirm NFC antenna on the battery cover?
    11-06-11 12:07 PM
    Got mine at 11 am EST. only had 3 in store one display two to sell. Got BES set up and doing apps now all going ok so far. Boy what a long wait!! Thanks ATT. This thing better be rock solid! It has the antena on / in back cover
    Last edited by rain3man; 11-06-11 at 12:11 PM. Reason: add
    11-06-11 12:10 PM
    Premier website says they have a small business call center open on Sundays.

Turns out they don't actually have a call center open on Sundays.

Looks like I'll be waiting either way, since the AT&T store doesn't open for another ~45 min...

and thanks CX, my previous post now makes it seem like I'm angry at the world
    11-06-11 12:17 PM
    Nah no auto focus that was just a typo
    11-06-11 12:31 PM
    No I deleted it because of the quote that was in the post, as you can see I deleted his post as well. If I remove the quote from the post then people have no idea what you're talking about.
    You were absolutely correct in your post, I just needed to remove his nonsense from the equation.
    OK cool.
    11-06-11 12:33 PM
    Thx. good to know. I was about to get real jealous.
    11-06-11 12:34 PM
    Class action!!!!!!!!! J/K

or maybe not. We'll get a 50� coupon and some shyster will get a $billion.
    11-06-11 12:35 PM
    Just got mine! Loving it! Mine did not come with a holster however.
    rellyrellz likes this.
    11-06-11 12:46 PM
    can anyone confirm NFC antenna on the battery cover?
    The antenna is there.

Also, no autofocus. However my phone is flawless, and surprisingly enough, the salesman was very nice, and didn't try to steer me away from the Bold at all; I was impressed.
    11-06-11 12:53 PM
    Has anyone bought a 9900 from Best Buy yet? If so, did you have any issues with keeping your unlimited data?
    11-06-11 12:54 PM
    Saw someone comment on the front page, wal-mart online (by letstalk) has it for $129 with new contract or renewal/upgrade.

BlackBerry� Bold™ 9900 (AT&T) | LetsTalk.com
    11-06-11 01:04 PM
    Saw someone comment on the front page, wal-mart online (by letstalk) has it for $129 with new contract or renewal/upgrade.

BlackBerry� Bold� 9900 (AT&T) | LetsTalk.com
    Now that sounds really nice. I figured Walmart would have it cheaper. Had a AT&T salesman tell me in the Walmart Wireless department that no matter what, when a new phone comes out, Walmart will have it for less. I don't know how they can do that but I like a bargin. On the other hand, a Best Buy salesman told me they will price match any walk in store for any phone they sale too.

Might have to wait a little while to see what the 9900 is going for on Black Friday or closer to Christmas even. Heck, what's another month to wait after all this time especially if it works out to get it at a super low price.
    11-06-11 01:25 PM
    Has anyone bought a 9900 from Best Buy yet? If so, did you have any issues with keeping your unlimited data?
    I called my local Houston store and they didn't have any in stock.I did ask about the unlimited thing and they said they add the basic package and then I have to call to have it replaced with a compatible unlimited plan.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-06-11 01:25 PM
    Can't buy it a full price at Best Buy either. Won't add to the cart.
    11-06-11 01:29 PM
1,957 ... 7374757677 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD