Anybody know what the off contract price is going to be?
    11-05-11 08:47 AM
    24 hours to go!!!!
    11-05-11 09:14 AM
    No, but phones are consistently about $350 over the 2 year contract price, so $550 is a safe bet. Not certain that will drop much, but they will be free with a contract at third party stores within 6 months.
    11-05-11 09:31 AM
    OEM Holster???!
    11-05-11 10:57 AM
    Has anyone notice anything weird with AT&T's website? Whenever I try to go in and look at phones under my upgrade options, nothing shows up. The only thing that shows up are the iPhone 4/4S upgrade options. Its been like that since yesterday.
    Last edited by BerryBone; 11-05-11 at 11:22 AM. Reason: Typo correction.
    11-05-11 11:20 AM
    Has anyone notice anything weird with AT&T's website? Whenever I try to go in and look at phones under my upgrade options, nothing shows up. The only think that shows up are the iPhone 4(S).
    That's no coincidence. crApple has the world by the nuts.
    11-05-11 11:23 AM
    Business users like me will have to wait a bit longer. I ordered an OB Defender case which comes with a screen protector and a holster and is on sale for less than $40 at ShopCrackberry on this site.
    11-05-11 11:37 AM
    It's interesting from personal observation...

AT&T Corporate store... they're all using iPhones.
    Go to an authorized retailer. They are on blackberries or the infuse/atrix.
    When Apple offers incentives to AT&T sales staff these incentives are given to the employees as they should be. When these incentives are allocated to privately owned stores "Authorized AT&T Resellers" the owners of said stores are able to take the employee incentives and apply them to their own sales inventory.

Eg: AT&T offers each salesperson an iPhone 4s for $45 so the AT&T reps contact the manager of all the stores in his/her area and do a head count to see who is interested. The manager(s) of the corporate store(s) report back to the AT&T rep that 4 people want one, so the rep arranges to have (4) iPhone 4s units shipped to that store and the store is then charged $45 dollars for those units and the 4 employees pay $45 to the store and they now own a $200 dollar smartphone for $45 that the store pays $85 for when they order inventory. This way the rep/Apple can offer the sales people a great deal and in exchange Apple gets AT&T sales people who are knowledgeable and enthusiastic about Apple product.

Then you have the managers at the privately owned stores (Per The Owner's or Management) in the same situation but it is handled differently. The manager is asked to find out who is interested so instead of asking the employees he calls the rep back and says he wants one unit for every single employee they have, let's just say (7) iphone 4s units, even though they have no intentions of letting the employees have them. Then the rep orders (7) iPhone 4s units for Bill & Teds wireless Emporium and charges the store $45 per unit instead of the normal $85. The manager of Bill & Teds takes the (7) units when they come in and adds them to his normal inventory and sells them to customers for $199. The owner/manager of Bill & Teds has just duped Apple and or the employees out of $280.

It happens every single day of the year.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by olblueyez; 11-05-11 at 12:03 PM.
    11-05-11 11:56 AM
    When Apple offers incentives to AT&T sales staff these incentives are given to the employees as they should be. When these incentives are allocated to privately owned stores "Authorized AT&T Resellers" the owners of said stores are able to take the employee incentives and apply them to their own sales inventory.

Eg: AT&T offers each salesperson an iPhone 4s for $45 so the AT&T reps contact the manager of all the stores in his/her area and do a head count to see who is interested. The manager(s) of the corporate store(s) report back to the AT&T rep that 4 people want one, so the rep arranges to have (4) iPhone 4s units shipped to that store and the store is then charged $45 dollars for those units and the 4 employees pay $45 to the store and they now own a $200 dollar smartphone for $45 that the store pays $85 for when they order inventory. This way the rep/Apple can offer the sales people a great deal and in exchange Apple gets AT&T sales people who are knowledgeable and enthusiastic about Apple product.

Then you have the managers at the privately owned stores (Per The Owner's or Management) in the same situation but it is handled differently. The manager is asked to find out who is interested so instead of asking the employees he calls the rep back and says he wants one unit for every single employee they have, let's just say (7) iphone 4s units, even though they have no intentions of letting the employees have them. Then the rep orders (7) iPhone 4s units for Bill & Teds wireless Emporium and charges the store $45 per unit instead of the normal $85. The manager of Bill & Teds takes the (7) units when they come in and adds them to his normal inventory and sells them to customers for $199. The owner/manager of Bill & Teds has just duped Apple and or the employees out of $280.

It happens every single day of the year.

Authorized retailers wish they could pull that off. Even if they want a live on display demo, they have to purchase a device at cost from apple (574 or 674). The AU is also required to send it back after one year.
    Granted it could be different situations for different retailers. But in the ones I've personally dealt with, they don't even have an apple rep to contact. They have to rely on their RAM for the contact of even getting permission to sell the product. Apple provides a flat $25 commission per iphone sale regardless of the model, and the AU doesn't get compensated for the data plan either. The store receiving that $25 per sale is insulting, and many still pass on bowing down to apple's conditions to sell it. (Note too, apple didn't allow authorized retailers to sell the device for a few years).
    debest74 likes this.
    11-05-11 01:13 PM
    549.00 Just asked cs yesterday.
    11-05-11 01:30 PM
    OEM Holster???!
    At least with T-Mobile, the 9900 came with a holster:

11-05-11 02:15 PM
    Authorized retailers wish they could pull that off. Even if they want a live on display demo, they have to purchase a device at cost from apple (574 or 674). The AU is also required to send it back after one year.
    Granted it could be different situations for different retailers. But in the ones I've personally dealt with, they don't even have an apple rep to contact. They have to rely on their RAM for the contact of even getting permission to sell the product. Apple provides a flat $25 commission per iphone sale regardless of the model, and the AU doesn't get compensated for the data plan either. The store receiving that $25 per sale is insulting, and many still pass on bowing down to apple's conditions to sell it. (Note too, apple didn't allow authorized retailers to sell the device for a few years).
    I think maybe you missed the entire point of my post, maybe you should go back and read it again. Maybe read the post I quoted too.

11-05-11 02:23 PM
    I think maybe you missed the entire point of my post, maybe you should go back and read it again. Maybe read the post I quoted too.

Was the point of your post to take a silly personal observation, and provide a couple paragraphs in which one of them isn't how it actually happens? That's how it came across...

It's already widely known that corporate stores are told to push the iphone and they do get issued iphones. Authorized retailer stores hate the iphone since it doesn't make them money. (Aside from how apple does not offer such discounted "rental" iphones to authorized retailer employees).
    11-05-11 02:41 PM
    Was the point of your post to take a silly personal observation, and provide a couple paragraphs in which one of them isn't how it actually happens? That's how it came across...

It's already widely known that corporate stores are told to push the iphone and they do get issued iphones. Authorized retailer stores hate the iphone since it doesn't make them money. (Aside from how apple does not offer such discounted "rental" iphones to authorized retailer employees).
    www.thefreedictionary.com/_/dict.aspx?word=example

Eg = example

Like I said, maybe read the post before you go writing a bunch of nonsense.

11-05-11 03:34 PM
    I went to the AT&T store nearest to my home but the Manager would not sell a Bold 9900 to me. However, I had the opportunity to examine a unit before it was placed on the display.
    Last edited by ecustomer; 11-05-11 at 04:16 PM.
    11-05-11 04:10 PM
    And??? How was it? What's in the box?

11-05-11 04:35 PM
    How was the display unit? Any flaws?
    11-05-11 04:38 PM
    What a tease of a post. Lol. Damn him

11-05-11 04:43 PM
    And??? How was it? What's in the box?
    I did not have a chance to see the box. Only the device was brought out. I examined it before it was placed on the display and could not detect any of the flaws that have been reported here. Naturally, I was frustrated that I could not leave the store with one.
    11-05-11 04:49 PM
    I did not have a chance to see the box. Only the device was brought out. I examined it before it was placed on the display and could not detect any of the flaws that have been reported here. Naturally, I was frustrated that I could not leave the store with one.
    Nice. Thank you sir. Tomorrow can come soon enough.

11-05-11 04:56 PM
    www.thefreedictionary.com/_/dict.aspx?word=example

Eg = example

Like I said, maybe read the post before you go writing a bunch of nonsense.

Ok, again, half of which wasn't an accurate example. That's all.
    11-05-11 05:16 PM
    Ok, again, half of which wasn't an accurate example. That's all.
    And that is because every vendor and every rep represented in every Cellular store operates just like Apple right???

Get a grip dude.

11-05-11 05:24 PM
    And that is because every vendor and every rep represented in every Cellular store operates just like Apple right???

Get a grip dude.

So sensitive...
    From my first response: "granted every place is different..." "the places I've personally dealt with..."
    As in personal experience with Apple/Authorized Retailer agreements.
    Again. That is all. No need to get worked up.
    11-05-11 05:30 PM
    (The above is my last post on the subject. No need for it to contain bickering. Apologies everyone. The 6th is almost here, been waiting for this device for so long!)
    11-05-11 05:33 PM
    (The above is my last post on the subject. No need for it to contain bickering. Apologies everyone. The 6th is almost here, been waiting for this device for so long!)
    Thanks for the seventh post.

11-05-11 05:42 PM
1,957 ... 6869707172 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD