Use the store locator: AT&T Store Locator - Find out where to buy cell phones exclusively at AT&T

If it's not a corporate store, it will say "Authorized retailer" next to it on the list.
    Nice, thank you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-04-11 12:43 AM
    BlackBerry Bold 9900′s begin arriving at AT&T retail locations | The BerryFix.com

AT&T is placing two big stickers on the boxes of the Bold 9900: one for insurance coverage and the other for the $35 restocking fee.
    Last edited by ecustomer; 11-04-11 at 04:03 AM.
    11-04-11 03:51 AM
    There are some of us that don't find this shocking in the least: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-440-a-666984/

AT&T charges for Bridge, so it's not surprising to me that they would disable NFC (and a new OS doesn't re-enable it). It will likely be enabled one day once you cough up an NFC fee, though. Lucky you. Perhaps with the next phone they can start charging if you want to use the keyboard?
    Last edited by ifarlow; 11-04-11 at 06:04 AM.
    11-04-11 06:00 AM
    Almost here!!!!

11-04-11 06:57 AM
    There are some of us that don't find this shocking in the least: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-440-a-666984/

AT&T charges for Bridge, so it's not surprising to me that they would disable NFC (and a new OS doesn't re-enable it). It will likely be enabled one day once you cough up an NFC fee, though. Lucky you. Perhaps with the next phone they can start charging if you want to use the keyboard?
    This doesn't surprise me at all. I still say this was the reason, or at least part of it, for the long delay in releasing the 9900. I have always said AT&T will cripple a device in order to get a piece of the money pie. Not to mention all the bloatware. I read where an OS will not enable the NFC portion, so I'm sure they have you by the short hairs.

Your comment about charging for the keyboard is hilarious.
    11-04-11 07:17 AM
    This doesn't surprise me at all. I still say this was the reason, or at least part of it, for the long delay in releasing the 9900. I have always said AT&T will cripple a device in order to get a piece of the money pie. Not to mention all the bloatware. I read where an OS will not enable the NFC portion, so I'm sure they have you by the short hairs.

If an asteroid were to be headed for a collision with Earth, I would propose that it be named "AT&T".
    11-04-11 07:44 AM
    NFC is no big deal for me, but why the charge for bridge and how much is it? is it because you can tether with it to a PB?
    11-04-11 07:54 AM
    NFC is no big deal for me, but why the charge for bridge and how much is it? is it because you can tether with it to a PB?
    They don't charge for BB Bridge, just for using the Bridge browser. You have to have a tethering plan to use that.

The rest of the stuff (e-mail, contacts, calendar) work fine with no extra fee.
    11-04-11 08:36 AM
    Correct. AT&T charges $20 (as I recall) for internet/data access via Bridge. AT&T considers Bridge a form of tethering.

I still say this was the reason, or at least part of it, for the long delay in releasing the 9900. I have always said AT&T will cripple a device in order to get a piece of the money pie. Not to mention all the bloatware. I read where an OS will not enable the NFC portion, so I'm sure they have you by the short hairs.
    Yeah, I agree. And while each of AT&T's moves as of late in and of itself might not be a big deal, when considering the totality of the circumstances, I couldn't stick with AT&T any longer. Hence my move to Verizon.

Thanks. I'll be here all week.
    11-04-11 08:47 AM
    Commencing morning's round of phone calls...
    11-04-11 09:13 AM
    I am so excited to get this phone. Sunday can not come any faster! I think I'm going to call a few ATT stores to see if they have them in stock
    11-04-11 09:19 AM
    Start checking with your local AT&T store tomorrow afternoon. Especially Saturday. many stores are known for selling them once they get them in and/or a day or two before the initial launch. Just depends on the rep.

For anyone in Charlotte, NC the AT&T Corporate store at the corner of Harris Blvd & N. Tryon almost always(95%) sell new phones a day earlier than the announced rel date.
    If ANYONE has any luck purchasing one today (ahead of the actual release date), I'd be curious to see what stores already have stock of the phones, and in what locations. I'm going to personally try a local (corporate) store I frequent, and see if I can coax someone into sparing me the agony of waiting two more days (since I work tomorrow, and will be waiting in-line PRIOR to work on Sunday to puchase mine, worse-case scenario.)
    11-04-11 10:34 AM
    If ANYONE has any luck purchasing one today (ahead of the actual release date), I'd be curious to see what stores already have stock of the phones, and in what locations. I'm going to personally try a local (corporate) store I frequent, and see if I can coax someone into sparing me the agony of waiting two more days (since I work tomorrow, and will be waiting in-line PRIOR to work on Sunday to puchase mine, worse-case scenario.)
    The 9900 may be in short supply. I called an AT&T store a few minutes ago and the sales representative told me they have one (1).
    Last edited by ecustomer; 11-04-11 at 01:02 PM.
    11-04-11 11:08 AM
    The 9900 may be in short supply. I called an AT&T store a few minutes ago and the sales representative told me the have one (1).
    Like I said in an earlier post, my store has 5, and they don't believe they will sell out. I believe that is AT&T's corporate attitude filtering down to the ground floor.
    11-04-11 11:25 AM
    Just called an att store that i usually go to and asked if they will have the new bold on Sunday for release and the guy said yes. I didnt ask how many they have but I know ill be up there first thing Sunday morning.
    11-04-11 11:44 AM
    Here are my results for the Memphis area yielding negative results:

Called 11 stores this morning - 6 said they will have em, 2 just flat out said no, 1 said they didn't sell Bolds anymore, 1 won't pick up the phone, and 1 didn't know what it was.

For the stores that will stock them, they were fairly confident they were NOT going to sell out anytime soon. Also said they cannot and will not sell early. 1 manager said he got some boxes in and doesn't really know what was in em. 2 stores said RIMM reps had been in showing off the device this week.

Cliff notes: half the stores I called were going to have em for sale Sunday. NONE will sell early.
    11-04-11 12:16 PM
    I went to two corporate AT&T stores. One has 3, the other would not say how many they had just would confirm they have them. Both would not sell to me today. They both said see you Sunday. I said I am worried about selling out as the one store that has 3 has to use one as a display so only have two to sell. Both stores said they wont sell out as no one buys blackberrys. I told them both that they are not understanding that there will be demand for the 9900 and that us die hards have been waiting for the 9900 for months!!!
    mnhockeycoach99 likes this.
    11-04-11 01:40 PM
    Anyone able to confirm what's in the box?
    11-04-11 02:03 PM
    Anyone able to confirm what's in the box?
    This is what's in the box:
    profanity and drew8484 like this.
    11-04-11 02:07 PM
    I will. The AT&T store closest to me has been very giving in the past, hopefully they'd be down for selling me a 9900 tomorrow or Saturday if they have them in stock. If I get lucky, I'll post up pictures of what comes in the package.
    I tried calling a few corporate stores in my area. One had a demo model only but didn't have stock yet. The other had stock but couldn't sell it early (he told me that he would like to but the system doesn't allow him to). I also called a Best Buy store and they didn't have any in stock yet.. but thought they might get some in tomorrow. Looks like I'll just have to wait until Sunday morning :-( Oh well, 45 hours and counting down......
    11-04-11 02:23 PM

I knew AT&T was going to charge us for NFC from the beginning. If there's a place for AT&T to stick their nose in, you can bet your *** they will be sniffing up everything inside.

Called my local store, I was told that they will be selling the 9900 starting on Sunday (no earlier), however they haven't gotten their shipment in yet, nor do they know the quantity that they will be receiving, and they are expecting them to come in sometime on Saturday.

No luck there. I guess I'll just have to drive down there on Sunday.
    Last edited by 3migo; 11-04-11 at 04:15 PM.
    11-04-11 04:09 PM
    I think once u get to ATT on that sunday, they will have enough BOLDS to go around, or atleast I hope so!
    Nevertheless, I will be there First thing!!!
    CAN'T WAIT!

11-04-11 04:21 PM
    I will be arriving at my store around 5-10 minutes before doors open to beat the crowds and assure myself a 9900.

I have been contemplating cryogenically freezing myself until Sunday at 11 am in order to make the time go by faster.
    11-04-11 05:12 PM
    Lol what crowds?
    11-04-11 05:15 PM
    Lol what crowds?
    I imagine there will be at least a small line of people at my store, due to the 6 phones being released that day.
    11-04-11 05:26 PM
1,957 ... 6667686970 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD