So does anyone know how much it will cost without a contract on stores? I noticed that it's 199.99 with a two year agreement- $100 less than T-Mobile. Maybe the non commitment price will be $499.99? Can anyone confirm this?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-03-11 07:39 PM
    So does anyone know how much it will cost without a contract on stores? I noticed that it's 199.99 with a two year agreement- $100 less than T-Mobile. Maybe the non commitment price will be $499.99? Can anyone confirm this?

This hasn't been confirmed yet but I'm guessing between $499-$599
    11-03-11 07:40 PM
    There is a store down the street from me that has a bunch! won't sell me one till Sunday
    I wrote an e-mail to an Assistant Manager at AT&T's main store which is located in the building that houses its corporate offices. He will not allow me to purchase the 9900 on Saturday afternoon as I requested but he will reserve a unit for me so that I can purchase it on Monday. Unfortunately, that store does not open on Sundays. However, I can always join the crowds and go to the mall next Sunday.
    11-03-11 07:48 PM
    I wrote an e-mail to an Assistant Manager at AT&T's main store which is located in the building that houses its corporate offices. He will not allow me to purchase the 9900 on Saturday afternoon as I requested but he will reserve a unit for me so that I can purchase it on Monday. Unfortunately, that store does not open on Sundays. However, I can always join the crowds and go to the mall next Sunday.
    As much as I would like to see lines outside of At&t for this, I don't think any of us will have trouble getting one Sunday.
    11-03-11 07:51 PM
    I called 6 stores only 1 had them and the rest didn't even know what a 9900 was. lol
    RIM needs to have BlackBerry stores.
    11-03-11 07:52 PM
    RIM needs to have BlackBerry stores.
    I for one would love to see this happen. I'm afraid I would never leave one though
    11-03-11 07:53 PM
    I've been waiting for this too. But c'mon people, do any of you have lives?
    11-03-11 08:01 PM
    They have one, Just not in the states.

http://crackberry.com/news
    11-03-11 08:02 PM
    As much as I would like to see lines outside of At&t for this, I don't think any of us will have trouble getting one Sunday.
    I was not referring to crowds of 9900 seekers but to Sunday shoppers in general. Like you I do not believe that we will have trouble getting a 9900 on Sunday but, after so much uncertainty surrounding the release of the 9900, it made me feel better reserving a unit just in case.
    motor96 likes this.
    11-03-11 08:05 PM
    This hasn't been confirmed yet but I'm guessing between $499-$599
    Yeah I know- what I'm hoping for since it's $299 with contract and $599 without at T-Mobile, that it'll be $499 without contract since their contract deal is $199. No one seems to know, all the websites just say $199 with two year agreement.

11-03-11 08:09 PM
    I've been waiting for this too. But c'mon people, do any of you have lives?
    My life will resume after the release of the 9900
    11-03-11 08:19 PM
    Yeah I know- what I'm hoping for since it's $299 with contract and $599 without at T-Mobile, that it'll be $499 without contract since their contract deal is $199. No one seems to know, all the websites just say $199 with two year agreement.

If its $499 I will save my early upgrade. It's only $50 more
    11-03-11 08:20 PM
    Called 3 local corp Att stores. 2 of them weren't aware of any new Blackberrys coming out on Sunday. And one said they will have a couple of them for sale.

It looks like att aren't going to have many in stock, at least in my area.

11-03-11 08:22 PM
    I was in a corporate ATT store today and asked if i could see a demo unit and he said that they were all still sealed and he couldnt open them till sunday. Apparently they at least have them here in South Mississippi.

11-03-11 08:24 PM
    Called 3 local corp Att stores. 2 of them weren't aware of any new Blackberrys coming out on Sunday. And one said they will have a couple of them for sale.

It looks like att aren't going to have many in stock, at least in my area.

For sale today or on Sunday?
    11-03-11 08:24 PM
    I guess I'll have to give some of the local AT&T stores a call tomorrow regarding the 9900.
    motor96 likes this.
    11-03-11 08:27 PM
    sigh i went to one of the stores near my house today, and the greeter at the door told me "9900? i think there's a bold 4500". when i finally got to talk to a sales rep, he didn't know either.

The problem I have is that i'm not eligible for upgrade until dec 17th. they said they could do it dec 1st but not before. Not sure how to convince them to do it on the 6th...
    11-03-11 08:32 PM
    sigh i went to one of the stores near my house today, and the greeter at the door told me "9900? i think there's a bold 4500". when i finally got to talk to a sales rep, he didn't know either.

The problem I have is that i'm not eligible for upgrade until dec 17th. they said they could do it dec 1st but not before. Not sure how to convince them to do it on the 6th...
    I would call CS and see if they can help. Maybe tell them how you've been waiting for this device to launch. If they can help you, they can add a note to your account so you can get it at the store. Good luck!
    skdebisingh likes this.
    11-03-11 08:38 PM
    I guess I'll have to give some of the local AT&T stores a call tomorrow regarding the 9900.
    If you are able to get a store that has them, ask if a holster comes with it.
    11-03-11 08:40 PM
    I would call CS and see if they can help. Maybe tell them how you've been waiting for this device to launch. If they can help you, they can add a note to your account so you can get it at the store. Good luck!
    thanks i did try that already. the lady told me that it's not on their system yet so she can't do anything. she did say that if i called back, it's possible based on the rep.
    11-03-11 08:42 PM
    If you are able to get a store that has them, ask if a holster comes with it.
    I will. The AT&T store closest to me has been very giving in the past, hopefully they'd be down for selling me a 9900 tomorrow or Saturday if they have them in stock. If I get lucky, I'll post up pictures of what comes in the package.
    11-03-11 08:52 PM
    Start checking with your local AT&T store tomorrow afternoon. Especially Saturday. many stores are known for selling them once they get them in and/or a day or two before the initial launch. Just depends on the rep.

For anyone in Charlotte, NC the AT&T Corporate store at the corner of Harris Blvd & N. Tryon almost always(95%) sell new phones a day earlier than the announced rel date.
    I would agree that a corporate store is your best bet. With the heavy subsidies, the authorized retailers rely on certain equipment credits. Which they won't get paid on if they sell before release day. So as CX notes, try corporate stores early.
    11-03-11 10:48 PM
    How do you tell the difference between a corporate store and a non-corporate one? Do they have a search function?

11-03-11 11:51 PM
    How do you tell the difference between a corporate store and a non-corporate one? Do they have a search function?

Look for the giant AT&T insignia on the building, usually blue and/or orange.
    11-04-11 12:05 AM

Use the store locator: AT&T Store Locator - Find out where to buy cell phones exclusively at AT&T

If it's not a corporate store, it will say "Authorized retailer" next to it on the list.
    11-04-11 12:33 AM
1,957 ... 6566676869 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD