Eh... Occupy AT&T?
    You'll blend in with the hordes of people still trying to reserve/get an iPhone... there's no use! I went down there in the middle of the day yesterday and not one employee was free to help me spend too much money on one of their handsets that wasn't an Apple. Granted, I live by a pretty busy store, but still...
    11-03-11 01:29 PM
    I was just at Best Buy - there were 5 Mobile reps working and not one had a clue about the 9900 release. Or Samsung SkyRocket. Or the HTC......

Kind of a shame I know what's coming before they do.
    11-03-11 01:43 PM
    Does anyone have any idea when the 9900 will go "live" on the AT&T website on Sunday? I am working that day so camping out is not an option.

I think the switch to Eastern Standard Time may throw people off as well.
    11-03-11 01:53 PM
    Does anyone have any idea when the 9900 will go "live" on the AT&T website on Sunday? I am working that day so camping out is not an option.

I think you mean the end of Daylight Savings Time. Fall back an hour, but it shouldn't be a big deal.

I say around 6am Eastern.
    11-03-11 02:00 PM

Start checking with your local AT&T store tomorrow afternoon. Especially Saturday. many stores are known for selling them once they get them in and/or a day or two before the initial launch. Just depends on the rep.

For anyone in Charlotte, NC the AT&T Corporate store at the corner of Harris Blvd & N. Tryon almost always(95%) sell new phones a day earlier than the announced rel date.
    11-03-11 02:08 PM
    Start checking with your local AT&T store tomorrow afternoon. Especially Saturday. many stores are known for selling them once they get them in and/or a day or two before the initial launch. Just depends on the rep.

For anyone in Charlotte, NC the AT&T Corporate store at the corner of Harris Blvd & N. Tryon almost always(95%) sell new phones a day earlier than the announced rel date.
    Srsly?? I've never heard of this, though it seems plausible.
    11-03-11 02:52 PM
    I checked with my store this morning and they all knew about the launch on Sunday. They were almost more excited than I was. No mention of selling early and no idea how many or what they were getting.
    11-03-11 03:12 PM
    And it can't come soon enough; I sold my iPhone 4 this morning and I'm rockin' my old Nokia N97 Mini until Sunday. Yikes!

Come on Sunday!
    11-03-11 03:16 PM
    Just curious... I'm in the same boat with the 9810 and seeing what you like so much more with the 99xx series as I may want to switch too!
    Two things readily come to mind. The keyboard on the 9930 is simply a joy. Secondly, I find the display to be much crisper. Because it's so slim it fits in a pocket easily (right now I'm in post baby clothes, so everything is VERY loose) but I'm sure that it would fit in my suit pockets.

Really, the other functionalities I find to be more similar than dissimilar. But to be honest, and I never thought I would ever say this, having to open the slider is a pain....I've come to realise that now that I'm using the candy bar phone again. I never thought it bothered me until I didn't have to do it anymore.

I don't want to steer you the wrong way, but I am finding that I don't even thing about my 9810 anymore.

Sorry, Torch....
    11-03-11 03:30 PM
    I will probably go "postal" on someone.. :-)
    As in, you'll have them mail you one instead?
    11-03-11 03:42 PM
    Went to a Verizon store today to play with a 9930. To my surprise not one BB on display. This is the first time I've ever seen this in a Verizon. Just one wall of androids and one wall of iphone. They had to bring a box from the back just to see one. I guess the good news is it was the last one as they are sold out. I hope its not just because they didn't order many.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-03-11 03:51 PM
    YESSS..... In the wild

motor96 likes this.
    11-03-11 06:30 PM
    YESSS..... In the wild

Click to view quoted image
    Finally!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now, what's in the box??????
    11-03-11 06:36 PM
    I know what I'm doing this weekend...
    11-03-11 06:38 PM
    Man that phone is beautiful! Can't wait!!
    11-03-11 06:46 PM
    11-03-11 07:03 PM
    YESSS..... In the wild

Click to view quoted image
    That's a pretty big box compared to all the other BB boxes. I wonder what's hiding in there?
    11-03-11 07:04 PM
    That's a pretty big box compared to all the other BB boxes. I wonder what's hiding in there?
    The suspence is killing me:
    11-03-11 07:06 PM
    The suspence is killing me:
    I've been looking all over the 'net for info......none to be found.
    11-03-11 07:07 PM
    I've been looking all over the 'net for info......none to be found.
    Me too! I'm calling around to see if any stores have them yet around me.
    11-03-11 07:11 PM
    Me too! I'm calling around to see if any stores have them yet around me.
    Nice! All they have to do is look on the side of the box - it will say what is included. My local store doesn't have them, nor does Best Buy.
    11-03-11 07:13 PM
    Nice! All they have to do is look on the side of the box - it will say what is included. My local store doesn't have them, nor does Best Buy.
    There is a store down the street from me that has a bunch! won't sell me one till Sunday
    Last edited by motor96; 11-03-11 at 07:21 PM.
    11-03-11 07:18 PM
    There is a store down the street from me that has a bunch! won't se;; me one till Sunday
    It's hit and miss with AT&T. One store may have the best reps who will bend over backwards to help you. The next store will be the total opposite, where the reps won't give you the time of day.
    11-03-11 07:22 PM
    It's hit and miss with AT&T. One store may have the best reps who will bend over backwards to help you. The next store will be the total opposite, where the reps won't give you the time of day.
    I called 6 stores only 1 had them and the rest didn't even know what a 9900 was. lol
    11-03-11 07:30 PM
    Two things readily come to mind. The keyboard on the 9930 is simply a joy. Secondly, I find the display to be much crisper. Because it's so slim it fits in a pocket easily (right now I'm in post baby clothes, so everything is VERY loose) but I'm sure that it would fit in my suit pockets.

Really, the other functionalities I find to be more similar than dissimilar. But to be honest, and I never thought I would ever say this, having to open the slider is a pain....I've come to realise that now that I'm using the candy bar phone again. I never thought it bothered me until I didn't have to do it anymore.

I don't want to steer you the wrong way, but I am finding that I don't even thing about my 9810 anymore.

Sorry, Torch....
    These two items are things I thought I would learn to like about the Torch, but they have only served to aggravate me more and more the longer I have the phone. I really do miss being able to do everything one handed!! And the keyboard just blows!
    11-03-11 07:31 PM
1,957 ... 6465666768 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD