Haha I wouldn't close it quite yet. The 9900 on AT&T has risen to the mythical status of unicorns and minotaurs. I will believe it when I can go to the store and pick one up with my own bare hands.
    11-02-11 09:24 PM
    The thread shall not end until the AT&T 9900 is in our hands.
    rellyrellz and motor96 like this.
    11-02-11 09:28 PM
    Haha I wouldn't close it quite yet. The 9900 on AT&T has risen to the mythical status of unicorns and minotaurs. I will believe it when I can go to the store and pick one up with my own bare hands.
    Yes. I will put mine on a stand, place it on my desk, and stare at it...
    motor96 likes this.
    11-02-11 09:38 PM
    I just wanna type. I will write sms,emails,fb status anything just to use that keyboard!
    11-02-11 09:43 PM
    The thread shall not end until the AT&T 9900 is in our hands.
    Indeed you are correct..
    motor96 and 3migo like this.
    11-02-11 09:52 PM
    Just ordered my 9000 holster and the indigo soft shell case. Was gonna go with the white hard shell but idk just lost the interest in it i guess.
    11-02-11 09:58 PM
    I'm going case-less with my 9900, with only a Zagg protector on the screen, and battery door to keep it looking fresh
    11-02-11 10:04 PM
    So...question.

The 9000 I mentioned earlier that was on its last leg is no more. I plugged it in, fell asleep, and it won't turn on. I've tried rotating batteries, various forms of leave-the-battery-out-plug-in-put-battery-in etc. No white screen, just an occasional brief flash of the red LED, then nothing. Tried all the OS reloading, apploader stuff, all of it. It's gone. Dead. Whatever.

I threw my sim card into my dad's old iPhone 3G and called AT&T, and they switched my BB unlimited data plan to an iPhone unlimited data plan until I got my new 9900.

I now posit to you: I have backed up and synced my Bold very often to my computer. Plenty of backups. But it ran OS 5, so when I get my 9900, will I be able to restore any of this information to the new phone? I lost a bunch of contacts when transferring my sim to the iPhone apparently. I'd also REALLY LOVE to get my notes back. I don't know if it'll be possible, but that would be great. If you have any info, it would be much appreciated.
    11-02-11 11:54 PM
    I now posit to you: I have backed up and synced my Bold very often to my computer. Plenty of backups. But it ran OS 5, so when I get my 9900, will I be able to restore any of this information to the new phone? I lost a bunch of contacts when transferring my sim to the iPhone apparently. I'd also REALLY LOVE to get my notes back. I don't know if it'll be possible, but that would be great. If you have any info, it would be much appreciated.

yes, you will be able to restore from your backup. you can also do this via BB Protect.
    Jumanji21 likes this.
    11-02-11 11:57 PM
    Glad this thread lives on.

I finally made the decision today to go with the 9900 on Sunday or whenever I can actually get one. Made the grand tour today and hit all the spots: AT&T store, Apple store, and Microsoft store. After extensive play with all of the best phones, and after finding out it would take a month to get an iP4S (you would think AT&T could do better for business customers...), I just can't ditch the berry. While cranking out a lengthy text today and then an email right after, I realized that for me, the physical keyboard is indispensable. I also realized I would hate not having the LED for message notifications, and I would probably end up noticing a lot of other things too were I to change OS. I definitely think that Android and iOS, and to a lesser extent WP (I was less impressed by WP, but maybe the new ones coming out will be better?) have good things to offer (read: apps), but ultimately I think BB wins for me. I know there are people out there in my same situation so I hope this helps anyone thinking about switching. If you want a better app environment then you should probably jump ship, otherwise, the 9900 is looking preeetttty good.

tl;dr I use my phone less like a toy and more like an actual phone that happens to go Beastmode on email, so I'm sticking with Blackberry. But now it can do toy stuff a little better so I'm happy.

/RIM commercial
    Last edited by profanity; 11-03-11 at 02:30 AM.
    netnative likes this.
    11-03-11 02:28 AM
    LOL!!!!! Beastmode!!! Love that!

Yes, it is a beast. I honestly never thought that I would ever let go of my 9810, and yet I haven't picked it up since I got the 9930.

Also, about the case...please be aware that if you're getting an Otterbox, you might want to go with something other than the Defender. A friend of mine had a Defender on his 9930 and it rubbed at the bottom of the device, leaving a nasty mark on the chin. I had the Defender on mine only four days and there is a tiny, very faint line too. It seems to be fading with time, but just take care.
    11-03-11 03:00 AM
    wow! i am speechless. Not i want to add any more to this thread, but i just did. )) I get off work at 8am on Sunday. So you best believe i will not go to sleep until this is in my hands.
    11-03-11 05:34 AM
    So...question.

The 9000 I mentioned earlier that was on its last leg is no more. I plugged it in, fell asleep, and it won't turn on. I've tried rotating batteries, various forms of leave-the-battery-out-plug-in-put-battery-in etc. No white screen, just an occasional brief flash of the red LED, then nothing. Tried all the OS reloading, apploader stuff, all of it. It's gone. Dead. Whatever.

I threw my sim card into my dad's old iPhone 3G and called AT&T, and they switched my BB unlimited data plan to an iPhone unlimited data plan until I got my new 9900.

But do not do a full restore from an OS 5/6 to the new Bold. I highly recommend you do a custom restore - pull you messages, email, BBM, address book, memos, etc. Do not bring over any settings to the new device. Many people have reported issues with bricking/nuking when they did this.
    Jumanji21 likes this.
    11-03-11 05:46 AM

Yes, it is a beast. I honestly never thought that I would ever let go of my 9810, and yet I haven't picked it up since I got the 9930.

Also, about the case...please be aware that if you're getting an Otterbox, you might want to go with something other than the Defender. A friend of mine had a Defender on his 9930 and it rubbed at the bottom of the device, leaving a nasty mark on the chin. I had the Defender on mine only four days and there is a tiny, very faint line too. It seems to be fading with time, but just take care.
    Thank you for the advice. I already have an Otterbox Commuter case and a Seidio Active holster waiting for the 9900.

My other accesories include the BlackBerry J-Series Extra Battery Charger Bundle (which includes a Y cable) and the BlackBerry Premium Micro-USB Charger (the one that comes with the PlayBook which alledgedly charges the 9900 much faster). And, when getting the 9900 I will go to the Bose store to get the Bose Series 2 Bluetooth headset. I already have the original headset but want the new one with A2DP.
    11-03-11 06:15 AM
    Thank you for the advice. I already have an Otterbox Commuter case and a Seidio Active holster waiting for the 9900.

My other accesories include the BlackBerry J-Series Extra Battery Charger Bundle (which includes a Y cable) and the BlackBerry Premium Micro-USB Charger (the one that comes with the PlayBook which alledgedly charges the 9900 much faster). And, when getting the 9900 I will go to the Bose store to get the Bose Series 2 Bluetooth headset. I already have the original headset but want the new one with A2DP.
    Gee, you sound like phone w h o r e like I am!
    11-03-11 06:28 AM
    Gee, you sound like phone w h o r e like I am!
    I have to admit it. I am a pushover for technology! But it is also true that my BlackBerry is the single most important work tool that I have. I get a high return in productivity for my investment.
    11-03-11 06:37 AM
    I have to admit it. I am a pushover for technology! But it is also true that my BlackBerry is the single most important work tool that I have. I get a high return in productivity for my investment.
    I'll second that. I must say my blackberries have the Best productivity tool for me for a long time.
    11-03-11 08:24 AM
    2 more days!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-03-11 10:21 AM
    2 more days!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Counting them down.....now what if you get to the store on Sunday.....and they have nothing?
    11-03-11 10:39 AM
    Counting them down.....now what if you get to the store on Sunday.....and they have nothing?
    I will probably go "postal" on someone.. :-)
    11-03-11 10:53 AM

Just curious... I'm in the same boat with the 9810 and seeing what you like so much more with the 99xx series as I may want to switch too!
    11-03-11 10:59 AM
    Ill probably be angry lol. Just order it online and have it shipped to my house
    11-03-11 11:11 AM
    Eh... Occupy AT&T?
    11-03-11 11:25 AM
    There are (5) 9900's sitting in the AT&T store in Springfield, MO. One has my name on it, to be picked up Sunday am. When I asked why only five were in stock I was told "nobody buys Blackberries". I hope they sell out quick.
    Rsal likes this.
    11-03-11 01:14 PM
    There are (5) 9900's sitting in the AT&T store in Springfield, MO. One has my name on it, to be picked up Sunday am. When I asked why only five were in stock I was told "nobody buys Blackberries". I hope they sell out quick.
    Just called, none in my store yet. I asked if I could reserve one of the new Blackberries that were coming in on Sunday and she goes "Umm... I don't think we got any Blackberries on Sunday..." sigh. She (hesitantly) took down my name and phone# to call me when they come in, so I should be fine, but I'm expecting to have to wait until Monday to actually get it...
    11-03-11 01:26 PM
1,957 ... 6364656667 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD