What's in the box????? I hope we maybe get to see an early unboxing from those lucky few who get it early. I always use a swivel holster for work so I want to know if I need to order one from amazon. We have yet to even see a pic of a At&t branded 9900
    11-01-11 06:17 PM
    The 6 is not here soon enough... Although im much happier knowing that its coming on the 6.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    motor96 likes this.
    11-01-11 06:18 PM
    My 9810 is crisp! No complaints at all.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    The 9810 is an awesome phone. Just couldn't get used to the slider. I love candy bars
    11-01-11 06:19 PM
    Okay, so this is my first post, but I wanted to note that I have been stalking this thread (and this website) for a LONG DAMN TIME (AT&T customer, obviously). Anyways, after seeing the tweet and the calamity on this thread today, I decided to call AT&T customer care, as well as my local AT&T store and then Amazon Wireless. I'm still left with some questions:

1 - How are you all "ordering" or "pre-ordering" this device with AT&T? (if that's what you're actually doing?)

2 - From what it looks like to me; wirefly, letstalk, and pretty much every other "discount" vendor doesn't even use AT&T upgrading service anymore, so it appears the only option is Amazon Wireless. Is this correct?

3 - Do you all think Amazon Wireless is going to offer the BB Bold 9900 at a discounted price with a new contract extension (has to be less than $199.99, right?)?

4 - I am part of a AT&T BusinessDirect Premier Account and want to know if anyone has an idea of how this will affect my ability to upgrade (but the cust. service rep said I was eligible for an upgrade from my 9700).

And I wanted to pass along that the woman at our local AT&T store said she's already started receiving some accessory merchandise for the Bold 9900, but no actual phones yet - but that they are preparing for a Nov. 6 release. Any and all help is appreciated and I hope everyone has had a great day!
    -I called the local Best Buy store and they won't know if they will get the Bold 9900s in until Saturday evening. They aren't doing pre-orders (and neither is the AT&T store I called).

-I also called a local AT&T store this afternoon and the rep was basically a ****. He wouldn't tell me if they were getting any in or not and told me to come to the store when it opens. He did get a jab in saying that he doubts they will sell out like the new iPhone... (typical).

-I called AT&T Business Customer care on the way home and the rep didn't have any information on ordering, etc. I was rather shocked considering the new phones will be available in 5 days.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see. I'm going to call Best Buy on Saturday night to verify that they will have them in stock. If not, I'm going to stop at the AT&T store when it opens on Sunday to HOPEFULLY pick one up.
    motor96 and CMurder280 like this.
    11-01-11 06:21 PM
    The 6 is not here soon enough... Although im much happier knowing that its coming on the 6.

I know! Guessing it was the 6th and officially knowing its the 6th is a huge difference. Now I hope the next 4 days go really fast
    11-01-11 06:21 PM
    What's in the box????? I hope we maybe get to see an early unboxing from those lucky few who get it early. I always use a swivel holster for work so I want to know if I need to order one from amazon. We have yet to even see a pic of a At&t branded 9900
    I just bought a new 9900 leather swivel on Amazon for less than $10 with free shipping (because I'm sure AT&T will be a bunch of cheap b@stards and not have anything extra in the box). YAY!! I can't wait.. like Christmas in early November. The next 5 days will be LOOOONG!
    Last edited by mnhockeycoach99; 11-01-11 at 06:25 PM.
    11-01-11 06:23 PM
    I just noticed I am now a "Crackberry Abuser" WooHoo!!!!
    11-01-11 06:24 PM
    I just bought a new 9900 leather swivel on Amazon for less than $10 with free shipping. YAY!! I can't wait.. like Christmas in early November. The next 5 days will be LOOOONG!
    Nice find! I might just have to order one just in case.
    11-01-11 06:25 PM
    Nice find! I might just have to order one just in case.
    I like to shop around for accessories. I'm tired of AT&T and Best Buy raping customers for cheap things like cables, cases, chargers, etc.
    11-01-11 06:30 PM
    You gonna go with 9900? I'm debating it myself. I really like the 9810 and having auto focus lol! Battery life is pretty good also. but really like the look of the 9900.
    I am very seriously leaning that way. I have no complaints with the 9810 other than the cramped keyboard. The phone itself has been fast and flawless. But with the PlayBook, I use the phone far less for browsing now than I used to, which was my main reason for getting the 9800 after the 9000. Well that and the horrendously crappy OS 5 browser. Auto-focus is really not that big a deal to me ... I use the camera now and then, but it certainly isn't a deciding factor in any way. I use the phone mostly for messaging with occasional browsing, and of course time-wasting games on the throne. So that big beautiful keyboard is a huge selling point to me. I've also measured the display areas on both; you're really not giving up that much, plus the 9900's screen is significantly wider in typing position.

As I said earlier, it'll work out about the same as buying it on contract if I can get a decent price for the 9810, and right now there are a ton of used ones with bids close to $400. That would settle things up quite nicely.
    motor96 likes this.
    11-01-11 06:36 PM
    I like to shop around for accessories. I'm tired of AT&T and Best Buy raping customers for cheap things like cables, cases, chargers, etc.
    I know what you mean. But all the other carriers have the holster so I'm inclined to think At&t would as well but we all know they don't always do what the other carriers do. lol
    11-01-11 06:42 PM
    I know what you mean. But all the other carriers have the holster so I'm inclined to think At&t would as well but we all know they don't always do what the other carriers do. lol
    Agree. For taking so long to release the 9900, they should throw in a free charging pod.
    11-01-11 06:44 PM
    It will probably have the cheap slip-on case from RIM. Isn't that the case where people were saying "it scratched my phone"?

11-01-11 06:54 PM
    I just noticed I am now a "Crackberry Abuser" WooHoo!!!!
    You've been that since post 100!
    11-01-11 06:55 PM
    It will probably have the cheap slip-on case from RIM. Isn't that the case where people were saying "it scratched my phone"?

I hope not. I hate those cases. If it goes into my pocket it goes naked
    11-01-11 06:56 PM
    You've been that since post 100!
    Really??? I just noticed. lol When is my next level up?
    11-01-11 06:57 PM

Every holster I've seen that shipped with the 9900/9930 has been the swivel holster with the top magnetic flap.
    motor96 likes this.
    11-01-11 06:58 PM
    Every holster I've seen that shipped with the 9900/9930 has been the swivel holster with the top magnetic flap.
    I hope so... then I'll have a inexpensive ($10) backup in case the clip breaks or the "leather" breaks down.
    motor96 likes this.
    11-01-11 07:02 PM
    Really??? I just noticed. lol When is my next level up?
    You've got a ways to go.......at 1500 you reach "genius".......
    11-01-11 07:04 PM
    I hope so... then I'll have a inexpensive ($10) backup in case the clip breaks or the "leather" breaks down.
    I just did the same thing, just in case (no pun intended).
    motor96 likes this.
    11-01-11 07:08 PM
    You've got a ways to go.......at 1500 you reach "genius".......
    So from now until then I'm a Abuser. Got a way to go till I become a genius. Just like in real life
    ibcop likes this.
    11-01-11 07:10 PM
    So from now until then I'm a Abuser. Got a way to go till I become a genius. Just like in real life
    Damn, that's too funny.
    11-01-11 07:15 PM

I think that was one of the Otterbox ones. I'm planning on just getting the OEM soft rubber case or whatever it is, people seem to like it, and the one on my 9000 has always worked very well

I just did the same thing, just in case (no pun intended).
    oh god.....
    11-01-11 07:15 PM
    I am very seriously leaning that way. I have no complaints with the 9810 other than the cramped keyboard. The phone itself has been fast and flawless. But with the PlayBook, I use the phone far less for browsing now than I used to, which was my main reason for getting the 9800 after the 9000. Well that and the horrendously crappy OS 5 browser. Auto-focus is really not that big a deal to me ... I use the camera now and then, but it certainly isn't a deciding factor in any way. I use the phone mostly for messaging with occasional browsing, and of course time-wasting games on the throne. So that big beautiful keyboard is a huge selling point to me. I've also measured the display areas on both; you're really not giving up that much, plus the 9900's screen is significantly wider in typing position.

As I said earlier, it'll work out about the same as buying it on contract if I can get a decent price for the 9810, and right now there are a ton of used ones with bids close to $400. That would settle things up quite nicely.
    I'm really considering it also But the deciding factor for me is price.(on contract) I pd 450.00 for the 9810 so we'll have to wait and see. 9810 is a really nice device but do miss the keyboard.
    11-01-11 08:09 PM
    I have the RIM hard case but the rubber surround on the sides is kinda flimsy so I may end up with the rubber version as well. I was lookin at the iSkin website too and the "vibe" case looks nice. I has a glare shield/baffle that surrounds the camera and flash. Might be good for the people who were complaining about the over exposed flash. I think I have definitely decided I don't want a case that is bulky, seems such a shame for a slim phone like that.

11-01-11 08:37 PM
1,957 ... 6061626364 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD