So now after the release will you guys be able to give more information on what was changed in the hardware? Just because I am a cat, and therefore curious?
    I am curious too. What changes in the hardware and/or OS were brought about as a result of AT&T's testing process? What AT&T's version of the 9900 has that T-Mobile's version did not have when it was released on August 31st?
    11-01-11 01:18 PM
    I am curious too. What changes in the hardware and/or OS were brought about as a result of AT&T's testing process? What AT&T's version of the 9900 has that T-Mobile's version did not have when it was released on August 31st?
    I'm curious as well, but I have a feeling we will never know.
    11-01-11 01:20 PM
    YEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FINALLY!!!!!! I wake up 3 hours behind every morning (westcoast) always hoping that the announcement will have happened already, couldn't ask for anything more today! Tomorrow, I'm hoping/expecting a new job offer; if I end up getting it I might splurge and buy three 9900s just in case two of them brick...

Thank you PG and CX, and everyone else who offered information about this.

I'm still going to lurk this thread.
    11-01-11 01:23 PM
    Yep, already got the screen protector, desktop charging pod, and pocket case. Just ordered the soft shell case.
    Well then, Im off to start buying my hard shell case and screen protector lol
    11-01-11 01:28 PM
    November 6th it is!!
    Some people, won't name names, owe PG and CX an apology; or three...
    Why? Because it's coming 14 days early? Or because we were told stories about why it was delayed in spite of AT&T never having any plans to release the phones during the sae time slot the other carriers did? I guess they were smart enough to look forward into time and foresee the problems encountered by the people doing field testing? Or because RIM provided the units late in spite of AT&T being one of the top two carriers in the nation? All the facts add up to something that stinks like fish, but hey, if I'm wrong then my sincerest apologies go out to the corporate insiders.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-01-11 01:35 PM
    It's interesting to watch people forget all the complaints they had now that AT&T has made an announcement for the 6th. It's as if nothing ever happened. Strange. What will be more interesting will be when people get the phones and then there are issues despite all the "testing" AT&T has done.
    11-01-11 01:39 PM
    It's interesting to watch people forget all the complaints they had now that AT&T has made an announcement for the 6th. It's as if nothing ever happened. Strange. What will be more interesting will be when people get the phones and then there are issues despite all the "testing" AT&T has done.
    Oh, you can count on all the whining, moaning, and crying once it's released.
    3migo likes this.
    11-01-11 01:42 PM
    No, although I would love to think we wielded such power...
    The headline and one of the key points of AT&T's press release are suggestive of the possibility that someone at AT&T might have been reading our discussions regarding how AT&T had abandoned BlackBerry users and become partial to Apple.

The headline read "AT&T Unveils Broadest BlackBerry Portfolio" while the press release emphasized that "AT&T delivers the broadest portfolio of the latest 4G BlackBerry smartphones." And it uses the term "broadest portfolio" two more times.

AT&T may now be offering, at least for a period of time, a total of 6 BlackBerry devices: 9900, 9860, 9810, 9800, 9360 and a Curve 3G. Although there is still the issue of the inexplicable delays in releasing the 9900, 9860 and BlackBerry Bridge application, it is now somewhat more difficult to make the argument that AT&T has abandoned BlackBerry users.
    Last edited by ecustomer; 11-01-11 at 01:57 PM.
    11-01-11 01:45 PM
    Why? Because it's coming 14 days early? Or because we were told stories about why it was delayed in spite of AT&T never having any plans to release the phones during the sae time slot the other carriers did? I guess they were smart enough to look forward into time and foresee the problems encountered by the people doing field testing? Or because RIM provided the units late in spite of AT&T being one of the top two carriers in the nation? All the facts add up to something that stinks like fish, but hey, if I'm wrong then my sincerest apologies go out to the corporate insiders.

I am happy that I will finally be able to get my hands on a 9900 on November 6th rather than on November 20th but I am not forgetting that T-Mobile suscribers had access to it on August 31st and that Verizon and Sprint subscribers thad access to the 9930 on August 21st.
    Last edited by ecustomer; 11-01-11 at 02:16 PM.
    11-01-11 02:09 PM
    Anyone with an unlocked 9900 on AT&T tried getting VVM recently? With this announcement I wonder when the 9900 will be provisioned in the AT&T system?
    11-01-11 02:19 PM
    LTE will mean little for the majority of the population for some time, unless you are in a densely populated area.

Coincidentally, I will now be getting the Galaxy S2 in the mail, and the 9900 from the store on the same day. Let the competition begin! Looser get's Ebayed!
    Please let us know which one you decide to keep.
    11-01-11 02:21 PM
    Oh, you can count on all the whining, moaning, and crying once it's released.
    Oh yah! Remember the 9700 release?!?! I had never seen so much whining and complaining in all my life!!!

This one should be interesting too. People are already anticipating being unhappy and the thing isn't even out yet.

Mine is solid as a rock. I would expect the same at AT&T.
    11-01-11 02:33 PM
    Oh yah! Remember the 9700 release?!?! I had never seen so much whining and complaining in all my life!!!

This one should be interesting too. People are already anticipating being unhappy and the thing isn't even out yet.

Mine is solid as a rock. I would expect the same at AT&T.
    The 9700 is a great phone. From all the BlackBerry devices that I have, it is the one that I plan to keep as a backup to the 9900.
    11-01-11 02:40 PM
    Anyone with an unlocked 9900 on AT&T tried getting VVM recently? With this announcement I wonder when the 9900 will be provisioned in the AT&T system?
    VVM depends on the BB feature, not the specific phone, so now that the BB HSPA feature code is available in the system (for the 9810) it should work with the unlocked 9900. Not sure if the VVM apps are different on different carriers' phones, but its worth a try. Just call att & ask them to add the VVM code.. Can't hurt.

Btw, guess my source was correct about Nov 6th.. I know most of you probably didn't believe me, but next time you will

Sent from my SGS2 killer
    11-01-11 02:43 PM
    I'd say $549 to $599. Past your thirty days, I take it?
    But of course! That kind of price actually wouldn't be bad. I should be able to sell a like-new 9810 on eBay, and the difference wouldn't be too much more than the contract price. Assuming of course that I end up liking the 9900 more than the 9810, which based in a brief play period with the 9930, I will.

11-01-11 02:52 PM
    You will....
    sleepngbear likes this.
    11-01-11 03:08 PM
    Please let us know which one you decide to keep.
    I will, there is a potential that the answer will be BOTH!!!!
    11-01-11 03:12 PM
    But of course! That kind of price actually wouldn't be bad. I should be able to sell a like-new 9810 on eBay, and the difference wouldn't be too much more than the contract price. Assuming of course that I end up liking the 9900 more than the 9810, which based in a brief play period with the 9930, I will.

You gonna go with 9900? I'm debating it myself. I really like the 9810 and having auto focus lol! Battery life is pretty good also. but really like the look of the 9900.
    Last edited by Slammer; 11-01-11 at 03:19 PM.
    11-01-11 03:16 PM
    Not only the look...working on it is amazing. The display is much clearer than the 9810, much more vibrant.
    I actually haven't touched my 9810 since getting the 9930.
    11-01-11 03:53 PM
    Sorry if this is a dumb question, but will I be able to purhase the phone on Sunday??
    11-01-11 04:35 PM
    Okay, so this is my first post, but I wanted to note that I have been stalking this thread (and this website) for a LONG DAMN TIME (AT&T customer, obviously). Anyways, after seeing the tweet and the calamity on this thread today, I decided to call AT&T customer care, as well as my local AT&T store and then Amazon Wireless. I'm still left with some questions:

1 - How are you all "ordering" or "pre-ordering" this device with AT&T? (if that's what you're actually doing?)

2 - From what it looks like to me; wirefly, letstalk, and pretty much every other "discount" vendor doesn't even use AT&T upgrading service anymore, so it appears the only option is Amazon Wireless. Is this correct?

3 - Do you all think Amazon Wireless is going to offer the BB Bold 9900 at a discounted price with a new contract extension (has to be less than $199.99, right?)?

4 - I am part of a AT&T BusinessDirect Premier Account and want to know if anyone has an idea of how this will affect my ability to upgrade (but the cust. service rep said I was eligible for an upgrade from my 9700).

And I wanted to pass along that the woman at our local AT&T store said she's already started receiving some accessory merchandise for the Bold 9900, but no actual phones yet - but that they are preparing for a Nov. 6 release. Any and all help is appreciated and I hope everyone has had a great day!
    11-01-11 04:35 PM
    This is the best news I've heard all day!! Of course we were all upset that they didnt release it sooner but it's here now. I'm just glad its out because I was beginning to worry AT&T wouldnt offer it at all.

When can I pre-order!!
    11-01-11 04:39 PM
    Ill be trying to purchase this this Sunday, Nov 6th. I hope the store will have them in on that day.
    11-01-11 04:39 PM
    Not only the look...working on it is amazing. The display is much clearer than the 9810, much more vibrant.
    I actually haven't touched my 9810 since getting the 9930.
    My 9810 is crisp! No complaints at all.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    11-01-11 04:58 PM
    Sorry if this is a dumb question, but will I be able to purhase the phone on Sunday??
    That would be what "Available for purchase on November 6th" would entail, yes.
    motor96 likes this.
    11-01-11 05:08 PM
1,957 ... 5960616263 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD