I just want a new phone. I really enjoy BB for everything it has to offer. I'd leave AT&T, but we have 3 lines there and my wife and brother both upgraded this spring and summer. And AT&T has the most consistent coverage in our area right now.

And to clarify my last post, I'm not waiting for QNX, I'm just concerned with spending my $ and upgrade on an outdated device.
    I can certainly understand and appreciate your concern about where you spend your $$$. But ask any user of a 99** phone if they think it's outdated.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-31-11 10:47 AM
    speaking about hearing from ATT where would the actually news be reported about the release dates? I just figured i just check crackberry to get the official word lol
    10-31-11 10:58 AM
    ATT is dropping their first LTE phone this Sunday Nov 6th. A Samsung and an HTC phone. I am guessing that is the reason the Bold is not being released this Sunday.
    I get that.. but what is the difference if they drop the 9900 along with these LTE devices? Can they not release it on the same date because it isn't LTE? Hopefully if it isn't the 6th, they at least send out an announcement this week on when it WILL be released (I'm praying for the 13th.. or the 20th ..at the latest)..
    10-31-11 11:18 AM
    Could the hardware changes crucial talked about be LTE for the 9900? Now that AT&T is officially launching LTE capable phones it seems very possible.
    10-31-11 11:41 AM
    I wouldn't worry about it being outdated. If you want a Blackberry device it is the best way to go. Besides, you could be saying the same thing about QNX when it arrives. If you want the latest hardware then it seems Samsung would be the way to go and I don't see that changing anytime soon.

10-31-11 11:56 AM
    Could the hardware changes crucial talked about be LTE for the 9900? Now that AT&T is officially launching LTE capable phones it seems very possible.
    Yeah right. Plus, that would make RIM look SO BAD releasing the same device on actual LTE
    radios on only one carrier.
    10-31-11 12:19 PM
    I have tried several different devices recently and think I just didn't give them enough time. I am so used to the BB way of doing things so I was on the mind set the phone should do what I am used to. But there are so many nice devices now - each of them has their own pros and cons. The S2 has gotten rave reviews but I would like to see the RAZR up close and personal. It releases somewhere near the 10th.
    I'd be with you, but my hesitation switching to android at this point is that I would want 4.0 ICS as soon as possible, and the Galaxy Nexus will be the only one to get it instantly (released with it). With the GS2, you might have to wait for it a bit. But at least you'd have the phone, and from what I've seen 2.3 is alright. Also no guarantee of whether or not the Nexus is coming to AT&T. The GS2 Skyrocket was just announced for AT&T and that may also be worth waiting for.

I'm also hesitant to get a phone with an enormous screen, I just kinda think it looks stupid when someone pulls out a phone that's 2/3 the size of a tablet and starts playing with it. I keep thinking to myself "why can't there just be a phone that does X Y and Z and has Q W and M" and then I realize there is one, it's the Bold 9900, and I can't ******* have it.
    10-31-11 02:11 PM
    Hi I have been lurking and reading this since about page 60, as my 9000 is also dying: dead charging port, second battery dying, replaced trackball, you get the picture.

I just saw the following CB article on Facebook and I throw it out as a possible explanation of the delay. These phones are apparently bricking with some frequency, and no one seems to have figured out why.

I suppose if I was AT&T I would not want a significant quantity of new phones being returned for this right away.

http://crackberry.com/have-you-nuked...-i-have-twice?
    10-31-11 02:37 PM
    Hi I have been lurking and reading this since about page 60, as my 9000 is also dying: dead charging port, second battery dying, replaced trackball, you get the picture.

I just saw the following CB article on Facebook and I throw it out as a possible explanation of the delay. These phones are apparently bricking with some frequency, and no one seems to have figured out why.

I suppose if I was AT&T I would not want a significant quantity of new phones being returned for this right away.

Have you nuked (or bricked) your BlackBerry 7 Smartphone yet? I have, twice. | CrackBerry.com
    There have been a lot of nuked 99xx's - but I'd like to know what OS they were using when it nuked. In another words, were all of them running on leaked OS's? Were theyon official/factory OS's? I guess there is no way to find out, but when people tend to put their d!ck beaters on them more than they should and start screwing around with stuff, it's bound to happen. Is it a bad batch of devices? We probably will never know the real reason(s).
    10-31-11 03:25 PM
    I'd be with you, but my hesitation switching to android at this point is that I would want 4.0 ICS as soon as possible, and the Galaxy Nexus will be the only one to get it instantly (released with it). With the GS2, you might have to wait for it a bit. But at least you'd have the phone, and from what I've seen 2.3 is alright. Also no guarantee of whether or not the Nexus is coming to AT&T. The GS2 Skyrocket was just announced for AT&T and that may also be worth waiting for.

I'm also hesitant to get a phone with an enormous screen, I just kinda think it looks stupid when someone pulls out a phone that's 2/3 the size of a tablet and starts playing with it. I keep thinking to myself "why can't there just be a phone that does X Y and Z and has Q W and M" and then I realize there is one, it's the Bold 9900, and I can't ******* have it.
    I know the RAZR will have ICS in early '12, but don't know about the S2.
    10-31-11 03:27 PM
    ATT is dropping their first LTE phone this Sunday Nov 6th. A Samsung and an HTC phone. I am guessing that is the reason the Bold is not being released this Sunday.
    AT&T is dropping the Samsung Galaxy Skyrocket, the HTC LTE, Samsung Focus S, and Samsung Focus flash on November 6th. Still no word on the 9900.

I get that.. but what is the difference if they drop the 9900 along with these LTE devices? Can they not release it on the same date because it isn't LTE? Hopefully if it isn't the 6th, they at least send out an announcement this week on when it WILL be released (I'm praying for the 13th.. or the 20th ..at the latest)..
    It's unlikely that AT&T would have already announced 4 phones being released on the 6th, and still given no word on the 9900.

I know the RAZR will have ICS in early '12, but don't know about the S2.
    The S2 will probably take a while to get ICS, seeing as how Samsung will have to rework Touch-Wiz.
    10-31-11 05:33 PM
    Locally Costco offers 30 days return and 90 days exchange

You going to give that a shot? Make sure you read the contract real close since early termination fees and exchange policies may be different because your not buying it from a corporate store.

10-31-11 06:01 PM
    There have been a lot of nuked 99xx's - but I'd like to know what OS they were using when it nuked. In another words, were all of them running on leaked OS's? Were theyon official/factory OS's? I guess there is no way to find out, but when people tend to put their d!ck beaters on them more than they should and start screwing around with stuff, it's bound to happen. Is it a bad batch of devices? We probably will never know the real reason(s).
    The dates as per the roadmap and the 9900 release on the other carriers proceed the bricking problems, so yeah, that is definitely not why AT&T is waiting. If it were a legitimate reason we would know by now, you know, with our insiders and all.

10-31-11 06:15 PM
    This really suckssssss.
    I'm so freaking tired of waiting for this phone man....
    I need it nowwwwwwwwwwww

motor96 likes this.
    10-31-11 06:16 PM
    In case anyone didn't see the front page today. Accessories for 9900 are starting to arrive at ATT. I guess they say its still on schedule( whatever that means..lol)

http://crackberry.com/blackberry-bol...gn-launch-soon
    Last edited by motor96; 10-31-11 at 07:04 PM.
    10-31-11 06:54 PM
    Accessories for 9900 are starting to arrive at ATT. I guess they say its still on schedule( whatever that means..lol)

http://crackberry.com/blackberry-bol...gn-launch-soon
    Yep,Its on its way
    But for $40 bucks they can keep it. Can get it here for $30.
    Last edited by RoseBud68; 10-31-11 at 07:08 PM.
    motor96 likes this.
    10-31-11 07:05 PM
    Yep,Its on its way

Click to view quoted image
    We haven't heard anything official so I'm trying not to get too excited. I really hope the 6th will still happen.
    10-31-11 07:09 PM
    November 20th folks...

If it was coming on the 6th, we would have heard about it by now (especially since AT&T has already announced 4 devices coming on the 6th, with no mention of the 9900 or the 9860).
    10-31-11 07:13 PM
    We haven't heard anything official so I'm trying not to get too excited. I really hope the 6th will still happen.
    What ever that date may be, I'll be there to get mine.
    10-31-11 07:14 PM
    November 20th folks...

If it was coming on the 6th, we would have heard about it by now (especially since AT&T has already announced 4 devices coming on the 6th, with no mention of the 9900 or the 9860).
    If not the 6th then I'm gonna guess the 13th. I refuse to give into the 20th
    10-31-11 07:18 PM
    If not the 6th then I'm gonna guess the 13th. I refuse to give into the 20th

I really think we are going to see this chart come true. If we don't hear word by Wednesday from AT&T, I think we can solidly say that it will not be coming on November 6th.
    10-31-11 07:26 PM
    OMG!!!
    I almost crapped my pants when I saw this post now!
    Yes!!!!!!

motor96 likes this.
    10-31-11 07:32 PM
    well we know the monza full touch not coming out the Nov 6th.
    10-31-11 07:33 PM
    Click to view quoted image

I really think we are going to see this chart come true. If we don't hear word by Wednesday from AT&T, I think we can solidly say that it will not be coming on November 6th.
    If the full touch doesn't make it out on the 6th then the 20th could be wrong too. I've waited this long, whats 20 more days.
    10-31-11 07:41 PM
    well we know the monza full touch not coming out the Nov 6th.
    Maybe both on the 13th
    10-31-11 07:41 PM
1,957 ... 5556575859 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD