So frustrating. My 9700 keyboard broke and I 'rented' the 9810 for 30 days assuming the 9900 would come out within those days. Now I'm SOL and pissed off.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    How many days do you have left in your rental agreement?
    10-31-11 12:33 AM
    November 20th.

I for one will be going down to the AT&T store on November 6th and getting a new phone no matter what, I can't hold out any longer.
    Nnnnoooooooooooo!!!

I have strongly considered dropping the berry. My bold 9000 is on its last legs and has been pissing me off lately. I just don't know what I'd switch to... not sure if I really want a touchscreen only device...
    10-31-11 12:37 AM
    Nnnnoooooooooooo!!!

I have strongly considered dropping the berry. My bold 9000 is on its last legs and has been pissing me off lately. I just don't know what I'd switch to... not sure if I really want a touchscreen only device...
    I'm either getting the Samsung Galaxy S2, or the Samsung Focus S. I'm going to have to play with them both to see which OS I could live with more. I just can not wait until November 20th to get a new phone that will already be severely outdated by the time it gets in my hands.
    10-31-11 12:48 AM
    I'm either getting the Samsung Galaxy S2, or the Samsung Focus S. I'm going to have to play with them both to see which OS I could live with more. I just can not wait until November 20th to get a new phone that will already be severely outdated by the time it gets in my hands.
    I found an off contract Galaxy S II for a good price over the weekend, I will give it a shot and keep my upgrade for..... well we will see how it goes!
    10-31-11 04:38 AM
    It is getting harder and harder to keep waiting. I even have all the accessories for the 9900. Should I (1) purchase a Rogers or Telus unit from a reseller without insurance coverage or warranty; (2) get a 9900 from T-Mobile without a contract and forward all my calls to my current number; or (3) wait three weeks?
    10-31-11 04:43 AM
    Here is another interesting tid-bit about AT&T. There is a thread about the 9810 having a slow/choppy data connection. The stories are true, even with 5 bars I cannot watch a Youtube video without the video stopping every few seconds and downloads from appworld are painfully slow. The phone is advertised as "4G" but does not run 4G it runs HSDPA+. Even with HSDPA+ and "NetworkAcc" Karen's 9810 still has problems with a Youtube video,,!!!

I installed the newest 9810 OS from "Wind Mobile" in Canada and guess what??? Karen's 9810 is now running "4G"!!! The problematic slow/choppy data problem has been solved!!! The phone now runs much faster than it did.

So here we have a situation where AT&T is providing a crippled OS pre-installed on the one and only OS7 device they sell. They have not offered any OS updates for the 9810 since it was launched on August 21st.

They are definitely scrrewing RIM fans, and their own customers, in spite of the ramblings of a couple of AT&T employee's, and have known this was the plan all along and the Roadmap proves it.

Last edited by olblueyez; 10-31-11 at 05:01 AM.
    10-31-11 04:57 AM
    As someones who's been through the no warranty, no insurance.. i had 4 phones like this, and its costly and aggravating, since you get no support when there is a issue, and with blackberry's there is almost always a issue, yellow screen, freeze up *hourglassing*. so its all risk, I'm not doing it anymore, after the storm and storm 2, getting them on T-mobile I thought was awesome, but overall i spent probably 4x as much as someone who had one on Verizon and did it the "carrier" way instead of the outside way..but hey. like they say.. you gotta pay to play..

ill be getting the 9900 or 9860, when it comes to AT&T and ill wait... let them cover my insurance, yellow screen "complaints" and anything else that comes up.. no longer out of my pocket..

a piece of hope is that a saw in the 9860 forum, AT&T posted 2 cases, for the 9860.. i don't think they would post those and not bring the phones onboard.
    10-31-11 04:59 AM
    No one mentioned AT&T not getting the 9860 or 9900. If I were you I would go with another carrier though.

10-31-11 05:05 AM
    Here is another interesting tid-bit about AT&T. There is a thread about the 9810 having a slow/choppy data connection. The stories are true, even with 5 bars I cannot watch a Youtube video without the video stopping every few seconds and downloads from appworld are painfully slow. The phone is advertised as "4G" but does not run 4G it runs HSDPA+. Even with HSDPA+ and "NetworkAcc" Karen's 9810 still has problems with a Youtube video,,!!!

I installed the newest 9810 OS from "Wind Mobile" in Canada and guess what??? Karen's 9810 is now running "4G"!!! The problematic slow/choppy data problem has been solved!!! The phone now runs much faster than it did.

So here we have a situation where AT&T is providing a crippled OS pre-installed on the one and only OS7 device they sell. They have not offered any OS updates for the 9810 since it was launched on August 21st.

They are definitely scrrewing RIM fans, and their own customers, in spite of the ramblings of a couple of AT&T employee's, and have known this was the plan all along and the Roadmap proves it.

The wireless store of my nearest COSTCO (U.S.) is offering the Torch 9810 for free with a 2-year AT&T contract.
    10-31-11 05:59 AM

But wait... if you believe some people in this thread, AT&T takes so long to field test phones because they want to make sure they provide the best customer experience. Is what you described an experience AT&T considers best?
    10-31-11 06:12 AM
    I found an off contract Galaxy S II for a good price over the weekend, I will give it a shot and keep my upgrade for..... well we will see how it goes!
    Let me know how it goes. I'm looking at the S2 on AT&T and the Droid RAZR on Verizon.
    10-31-11 06:51 AM
    My 9000 trackball is messing up more often with each day and I really want the 9900 but if the torch 9850 comes out on the 6th I think I'm gonna get that. I would get a Rogers unit off eBay but no warranty or insurance if something happens so thats a no go.
    10-31-11 06:52 AM
    My 9000 trackball is messing up more often with each day and I really want the 9900 but if the torch 9850 comes out on the 6th I think I'm gonna get that. I would get a Rogers unit off eBay but no warranty or insurance if something happens so thats a no go.
    Sounds like a good plan.
    10-31-11 07:53 AM
    Sounds like a good plan.
    Yeah. if I don't like the torch maybe I'll be able to return it and get the bold if it's finally gets released.
    10-31-11 08:22 AM
    wait did i miss something? your saying ur getting the 9860 when? I thought it was anyone delayed to the same time as the 9900 for AT&T?
    10-31-11 08:34 AM
    wait did i miss something? your saying ur getting the 9860 when? I thought it was anyone delayed to the same time as the 9900 for AT&T?
    There hasn't been any release info on either device.
    10-31-11 08:39 AM
    So initially I said Nov 6th based on the info I received from my 'source'. Well I just subtly asked for some clarification, and it looks like the info came straight from R.. I mean the top.. not sure if I should spell it out but you can prob figure it out. That's all I have for now, but my confidence is certainly growing. Now I just need to start working on my 'source' to make sure I get one asap.
    @zoso2 - you leaked this information a couple weeks ago but I haven't seen an update from you. How valid is your source? Has the released been pushed out? If so, does your source know why?
    10-31-11 08:50 AM
    Let me know how it goes. I'm looking at the S2 on AT&T and the Droid RAZR on Verizon.
    Will do, I spent a lot of time with it in the store before pulling the trigger, it is a slick device. I just worry that I am so "programmed" into the BB way of doing things that I wont like it, but I am going to give it a few weeks of dedicated use and see. I felt the same way when I went from my Treo's to BB! There are some things that Palm still did better!
    10-31-11 09:17 AM
    I was just going off the ATT road map that was posted earlier in this thread. I know as much as everyone. If the torch comes out first then ill get that because i need a new phone. I just hope that the Bold does come out soon.
    10-31-11 09:38 AM
    The wireless store of my nearest COSTCO (U.S.) is offering the Torch 9810 for free with a 2-year AT&T contract.
    You going to give that a shot? Make sure you read the contract real close since early termination fees and exchange policies may be different because your not buying it from a corporate store.

But wait... if you believe some people in this thread, AT&T takes so long to field test phones because they want to make sure they provide the best customer experience. Is what you described an experience AT&T considers best?
    The "Shills" have been outed. Taking them for granted is willful ignorance.

Installing a new trackball is easy on the 9000, if you live in the Wash DC area I would be happy to do it for you. I even have a new trackball sitting idle since they came in pairs when I bought one for my 9000.

10-31-11 09:39 AM

Installing a new trackball is easy on the 9000, if you live in the Wash DC area I would be happy to do it for you.
    I already swapped out my trackball back in Sept when I switched back to BB from my IP4. I guess I could just buy a new one to hold me over til the release of the 9900. I can't wait to get that masterpiece in my hands!! lol
    10-31-11 09:42 AM
    I already swapped out my trackball back in Sept when I switched back to BB from my IP4. I guess I could just buy a new one to hold me over til the release of the 9900. I can't wait to get that masterpiece in my hands!! lol
    Same here my friend. I would have one already but Karen and I share a family plan and we signed her up for a new 2 year contract on August 21st when I got her the 9810. I am regretting that now. Its ok though, to be honest, my 9000 really does run extremely well with the JSL v7.0 9000 Hybrid and NetworkAcc. A few weeks ago I couldnt sleep and I was downloading an episode of Democracy Now, Listening to Pandora, and surfing Crackberry all at the same time on the old 9000. Had some Sennheiser PX100II headphones on and I was happy as a pig in ----.
    10-31-11 09:48 AM
    ATT is dropping their first LTE phone this Sunday Nov 6th. A Samsung and an HTC phone. I am guessing that is the reason the Bold is not being released this Sunday.
    10-31-11 10:04 AM
    I just want a new phone. I really enjoy BB for everything it has to offer. I'd leave AT&T, but we have 3 lines there and my wife and brother both upgraded this spring and summer. And AT&T has the most consistent coverage in our area right now.

And to clarify my last post, I'm not waiting for QNX, I'm just concerned with spending my $ and upgrade on an outdated device.
    10-31-11 10:21 AM
    Will do, I spent a lot of time with it in the store before pulling the trigger, it is a slick device. I just worry that I am so "programmed" into the BB way of doing things that I wont like it, but I am going to give it a few weeks of dedicated use and see. I felt the same way when I went from my Treo's to BB! There are some things that Palm still did better!
    I have tried several different devices recently and think I just didn't give them enough time. I am so used to the BB way of doing things so I was on the mind set the phone should do what I am used to. But there are so many nice devices now - each of them has their own pros and cons. The S2 has gotten rave reviews but I would like to see the RAZR up close and personal. It releases somewhere near the 10th.
    10-31-11 10:35 AM
1,957 ... 5455565758 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD