I got my AT&T 9900 today, what do guys think??? Pretty cool huh???

Click to view quoted image

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Friday May 20? It also looks like something made of cardboard or paper.
    10-30-11 06:13 PM
    if the at&t/tmo merger goes through,then both companies should split device brands.for example,at&t will have/control all apple and windows and some android devices.tmo will have/control all bb and some android devices.so delays will never be an issue.at&t will deliver iphones,windows phone,androids on time and tmo will deliver bb's and androids on time.consumers benefit and companies business remains strong.
    10-30-11 06:25 PM
    if the at&t/tmo merger goes through,then both companies should split device brands.for example,at&t will have/control all apple and windows and some android devices.tmo will have/control all bb and some android devices.so delays will never be an issue.at&t will deliver iphones,windows phone,androids on time and tmo will deliver bb's and androids on time.consumers benefit and companies business remains strong.
    A merger means that one corporation absorbs another. In this case, AT&T would acquire T-Mobile for cash and stock and T-Mobile would cease to exist.
    Last edited by ecustomer; 10-30-11 at 06:41 PM.
    10-30-11 06:36 PM
    It also looks like something made of cardboard or paper.
    You know we are dealing with AT&T right?

10-30-11 06:50 PM
    Would you not suspect that it is exactly the way that AT&T wants it?
    Oh I know that's exactly how they want it. Unless, you're a phone with the Apple Logo they don't care...
    10-30-11 07:15 PM
    Oh I know that's exactly how they want it. Unless, you're a phone with the Apple Logo they don't care...

I sold phones for an AT&T Authorized Retailer for two years and that was the impression I got. And as much as it sucks, why not? Apple is their breadwinner. We cannot fault AT&T for focusing on the products that are going to make them money. Now that Android devices are sharing the spotlight with iPhone, they are going to be pushed more by AT&T as well. That's just business, plain and simple. You push what sells. Do I like the way AT&T treats their customers? Absolutely not. I always hated calling in to customer care for a client and being treated like crap until I told them I was an agent calling on behalf of the customer. Not all customer care reps are like that, but more than an acceptable amount are. Hopefully with the Apple exclusivity out the window now, they will begin to change their tune to stifle the churn rate.

Back to the topic of the 9900, I was in love with this phone from the day I heard of its existence. I miss my 9000 tremendously. But with BBX on the horizon for next year and the lack of apps for OS7, I find myself asking why I'm still waiting for it. I have an upgrade burning a hole in my pocket (my wife stole mine back in July when her 8900 kicked the bucket) but am thinking I may turn my back on my beloved RIM and move to the iPhone. I can't believe I'm to the point of considering it, but I really feel like I don't have a good reason to stay anymore.
    10-30-11 07:26 PM
    Submitted for everyone's consideration:
    RIM BlackBerry Bold 9900 specs

November 6th release?
    10-30-11 08:03 PM
    Is it worth waiting the next generation? What's will be on the next generation. When oes RIM say it would be ready?
    10-30-11 08:06 PM
    Waiting for QNX is like waiting for Detroit to start making Hydrogen Cars. WTF

10-30-11 08:11 PM
    I sold phones for an AT&T Authorized Retailer for two years and that was the impression I got. And as much as it sucks, why not? Apple is their breadwinner. We cannot fault AT&T for focusing on the products that are going to make them money. Now that Android devices are sharing the spotlight with iPhone, they are going to be pushed more by AT&T as well. That's just business, plain and simple. You push what sells. Do I like the way AT&T treats their customers? Absolutely not. I always hated calling in to customer care for a client and being treated like crap until I told them I was an agent calling on behalf of the customer. Not all customer care reps are like that, but more than an acceptable amount are. Hopefully with the Apple exclusivity out the window now, they will begin to change their tune to stifle the churn rate.

Back to the topic of the 9900, I was in love with this phone from the day I heard of its existence. I miss my 9000 tremendously. But with BBX on the horizon for next year and the lack of apps for OS7, I find myself asking why I'm still waiting for it. I have an upgrade burning a hole in my pocket (my wife stole mine back in July when her 8900 kicked the bucket) but am thinking I may turn my back on my beloved RIM and move to the iPhone. I can't believe I'm to the point of considering it, but I really feel like I don't have a good reason to stay anymore.
    AT&T is doing more than focusing on the best selling phones. It appears to be preventing the best and latest RIM devices from being sold side-by-side with iOS and Android devices for a period of three months. If one takes into account that a new or refreshed smartphone model is released approximately every 12 months, three months is a considerable period of time. While Verizon and Sprint allow their subscribers to exercise their choice, AT&T limits the choice of their subscribers in a manner that borders on the anti-competitive.
    KNIGHTRIDER likes this.
    10-30-11 08:21 PM
    AT&T is doing more than focusing on the best selling phones. It appears to be preventing the best and latest RIM devices from being sold side-by-side with iOS and Android devices for a period of three months. If one takes into account that a new or refreshed smartphone model is released approximately every 12 months, three months is a considerable period of time. While Verizon and Sprint allow their subscribers to exercise their choice, AT&T limits the choice of their subscribers in a manner that borders on the anti-competitive.
    exactly. they don't need to really push the iPhone in my opinion. its at a point where it essentially sells itself. Android possibly but blackberry I understand they don't but at the same time should now limit the choices of their customers. Pushing a device over another is one thing while not offering any other choice except A and B is outright wrong.
    10-30-11 08:32 PM
    T-Mobile is the new AT&T when it comes to blackberrys.....AT&T used to have all berrys until now.
    10-30-11 08:53 PM
    Waiting for QNX is like waiting for Detroit to start making Hydrogen Cars. WTF

Haha and agreed! I'd like to know everyone's obsession with QNX. It's just another OS. It's as good as the programmers and it's not always that great. There's going to be bugs, lack of features, and issues like all OS's have. I still find Blackberry OS to be awkward after all these years. I think 10 year old Palm is still a better OS.
    10-30-11 09:13 PM
    I understand the frustration but there are three real choices and some unlocked one that have been available since beginning of August. Is at&t that great that everyone is not willing to leave? You can't force or make at&t to release the 9900. I hated going to Verizon and giving up my thousands of roll over minutes at at&t, but I'm happy I did.
    10-30-11 09:18 PM
    Haha and agreed! I'd like to know everyone's obsession with QNX. It's just another OS. It's as good as the programmers and it's not always that great. There's going to be bugs, lack of features, and issues like all OS's have. I still find Blackberry OS to be awkward after all these years. I think 10 year old Palm is still a better OS.
    Yeah, I would think a good time to buy a QNX device would be after a few OS updates or even a second generation QNX. I don't see those things happening in time to make the 9900 obsolete. Not even close.

10-30-11 09:27 PM
    I need ATT to release the phone or I'm gonna buy an unbranded or rogers cuz leaving ATT is not an option right now.

10-30-11 09:31 PM
    I understand the frustration but there are three real choices and some unlocked one that have been available since beginning of August. Is at&t that great that everyone is not willing to leave? You can't force or make at&t to release the 9900. I hated going to Verizon and giving up my thousands of roll over minutes at at&t, but I'm happy I did.
    I handle calls over my Bluetooth headset while browsing and reading e-mails. Therefore, I could not get accustomed to a CDMA/EV-DO network which does not handle voice and data simultaneously. That leaves T-Mobile. Its coverage is not as good as AT&T's and, more importantly, I would lose my unlimited BlackBerry Personal data plan if I were to switch to T-Mobile. Therefore, my options are either to buy a Rogers or Telus unit without insurance coverage and warranty or wait.
    10-30-11 09:38 PM
    Submitted for everyone's consideration:
    RIM BlackBerry Bold 9900 specs

November 6th release?
    AT&T has already given word of 2 other Samsung devices that will be available for purchase on November 6th, and said nothing of the 9900, which tells me that we will not be seeing it released on the 6th. Looks like November 20th now.
    10-30-11 09:41 PM
    I handle calls over my Bluetooth headset while browsing and reading e-mails. Therefore, I could not get accustomed to a CDMA/EV-DO network which does not handle voice and data simultaneously. That leaves T-Mobile. Its coverage is not as good as AT&T's and, more importantly, I would lose my unlimited BlackBerry Personal data plan if I were to switch to T-Mobile. Therefore, my options are either to buy a Rogers or Telus unit without insurance coverage and warranty or wait.
    I did dread the not being able to talk and use data at the same time. But it's live-able. And the grandfathered data plans, I feel you on that. at&t has a better selection of data plans and I still have 5 lines with at&t all with unlimited iPhone plans. Although I have never been over 200MB on any of the lines. That's why at&t's $15 data plan is nice.
    10-30-11 09:47 PM
    T-Mobile is the new AT&T when it comes to blackberrys.....AT&T used to have all berrys until now.
    I just chatted with an At&t rep online line and said the same thing. lol I don't think I would leave over a phone, I just want an official release date! Apple sells itself, why not push BB and benefit from all sides! I guess we would have heard something official if the 6th was possible
    10-30-11 09:57 PM
    AT&T has already given word of 2 other Samsung devices that will be available for purchase on November 6th, and said nothing of the 9900, which tells me that we will not be seeing it released on the 6th. Looks like November 20th now.
    It sucks but its starting to look that way
    10-30-11 09:59 PM
    We'll be lucky if it comes out anytime soon....

10-30-11 11:32 PM
    We'll be lucky if it comes out anytime soon....

November 20th.

I for one will be going down to the AT&T store on November 6th and getting a new phone no matter what, I can't hold out any longer.
    10-30-11 11:52 PM
    So frustrating. My 9700 keyboard broke and I 'rented' the 9810 for 30 days assuming the 9900 would come out within those days. Now I'm SOL and pissed off.

10-30-11 11:57 PM
    So frustrating. My 9700 keyboard broke and I 'rented' the 9810 for 30 days assuming the 9900 would come out within those days. Now I'm SOL and pissed off.

assuming is the mother of all f'ups
    10-31-11 12:21 AM
1,957 ... 5354555657 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD