Why do you have to notify everyone of a new device? Why not back-up your BBM contacts with DM and restore to the new device? Do you not back up via the MicroSD card?

Most of your BBM contacts will never know you switched devices.
    Because they are "older" and not technology-oriented people who send and receive individual PIN messages. For them BBM is a chat application and chatting is something that their children do.
    10-29-11 05:41 PM
    can you please restate what you're trying to state? How are you an abused at&t BB owner?
    How AT&T abuses BlackBerry users?

(1) Choice of devices is minimal --at this time, Torch 9800/9810 and a Curve.
    (2) Two-month delay to release the Bridge application which is what makes the PlayBook a compelling tablet choice for BlackBerry smartphone users.
    (3) Imposing a tethering fee for the use of the Bridge application.
    (4) Three-month delay for the release the Bold 9900 and the Torch 9860.

Many BlackBerry users who are AT&T subscribers are holding on to their 9000s and 9700s because the Torch is not a true BlackBerry choice to them.
    10-29-11 06:02 PM
    Because they are "older" and not technology-oriented people who send and receive individual PIN messages. For them BBM is a chat application and chatting is something that their children do.
    If you're going to make any comment about older and less technologically inclined people, do yourself a favor and l2use the multi-quote function. Double and triple posts are getting out of control in this thread.

on topic, I spoke to an AT&T rep a few days ago that assured me that the delay was on RIM's end and not theirs. No other details besides that. That's probably what I'd say if I were them, but I figured I'd pass it along anyway.

(2) Two-month delay to release the Bridge application which is what makes the PlayBook a compelling tablet choice for BlackBerry smartphone users.

Many BlackBerry users who are AT&T subscribers are holding on to their 9000s and 9700s because the Torch is not a true BlackBerry choice to them.
    agree with all this.
    10-29-11 06:11 PM

In regards to number 3 - simply go to the PlayBook thread and download the BB Bridge app. No tethering fees involved.

http://rroyy.com/ota/
    Last edited by ibcop; 10-29-11 at 06:54 PM.
    3migo likes this.
    10-29-11 06:43 PM
    If you're going to make any comment about older and less technologically inclined people, do yourself a favor and l2use the multi-quote function. Double and triple posts are getting out of control in this thread..
    Your Honor, I would like to enter a plea of nolo contendere.
    10-29-11 06:50 PM
    And the emotional roller coster in this thread continues.... Happy..Mad..Happy..Mad. On the bright side we are getting close to 100 pages! Yahoo!
    10-29-11 07:37 PM
    Man... If only AtT realesed the 9900 tomorrow this would be over.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    shadysprings likes this.
    10-29-11 07:45 PM
    In regards to number 3 - simply go to the PlayBook thread and download the BB Bridge app. No tethering fees involved.

RROYY - APPLICATIONS
    Does this allow for the Bridge browser to be used as well, without having to pay a tethering fee?
    10-29-11 07:59 PM
    Does this allow for the Bridge browser to be used as well, without having to pay a tethering fee?
    it's worked for me. since it's not the at&t altered version in app world.
    10-29-11 08:13 PM
    it's worked for me. since it's not the at&t altered version in app world.
    That's excellent!
    10-29-11 08:29 PM
    Good stuff!
    10-29-11 08:54 PM
    Yes, but they are watching you.....

It is not as fast as WiFi hot-spot, or tether but it does work.
    10-29-11 09:18 PM
    And the emotional roller coster in this thread continues.... Happy..Mad..Happy..Mad. On the bright side we are getting close to 100 pages! Yahoo!
    Close to 100 pages? I'm showing close to 34 pages... Still a lot, no matter how you look at it.
    10-29-11 09:40 PM
    Yes, but they are watching you.....

It is not as fast as WiFi hot-spot, or tether but it does work.
    It's better than having nothing at all.
    10-29-11 09:42 PM
    It's better than having nothing at all.
    That's a fact!
    10-29-11 10:00 PM

As to changing devices, I depend on BlackBerry PIN messages for my text communications and each time that, for whatever reason, I change devices I must notify everyone of the PIN change. That discourages changing devices and makes it impossible for me to use more than one BlackBerry device.

If only BlackBerry would assign a personal PIN that could be written into a secure encrypted EEPROM, everytime I changed devices I could keep my BlackBerry PIN.
    Just as an aside to the whole conversation....I'm currently using two BBerries simultaneously. I depend heavily on BBM since I'm in the U.S. and I've got loved ones across the pond.
    Both conversations don't show up on each device, but I keep my contact list intact and active on both devices. The only thing that is exclusive to one device (my 9930) are my BB groups.
    Might consider that instead of strictly PIN messages? I know you mentioned that the users are older, but some of my contacts are my mother, aunts, uncles...my mother and aunts just point at the pic and go!

I show up twice on my contact list's BBM lists, and that's OK with them.
    Last edited by Qbnkelt; 10-30-11 at 04:38 AM.
    10-30-11 04:27 AM
    Just as an aside to the whole conversation....I'm currently using two BBerries simultaneously. I depend heavily on BBM since I'm in the U.S. and I've got loved ones across the pond.
    Both conversations don't show up on each device, but I keep my contact list intact and active on both devices. The only thing that is exclusive to one device (my 9930) are my BB groups.
    Might consider that instead of strictly PIN messages? I know you mentioned that the users are older, but some of my contacts are my mother, aunts, uncles...my mother and aunts just point at the pic and go!

I show up twice on my contact list's BBM lists, and that's OK with them.
    Thank you for the advice.
    Last edited by ecustomer; 10-30-11 at 06:59 AM.
    10-30-11 05:58 AM
    ATT Update website is down until 8PM Central Time. I wonder what they're up to.
    10-30-11 10:03 AM
    ATT Update website is down until 8PM Central Time. I wonder what they're up to.
    What do you mean the "update" website?
    10-30-11 10:56 AM
    Oh, disregard.....just the account portion is down. You can still see all the devices and such.
    10-30-11 10:58 AM
    If anything, they are just adding the Samsung Focus S and the Samsung Focus Flash pre-order pages
    10-30-11 01:05 PM
    this is just a shame.... Once Jan hits these devices will be old news and all will be looking towards the QNX phones... But these delays and especially when every other carriers have it out its just plain a shame and pathetic...
    10-30-11 05:22 PM
    this is just a shame.... Once Jan hits these devices will be old news and all will be looking towards the QNX phones... But these delays and especially when every other carriers have it out its just plain a shame and pathetic...
    Would you not suspect that it is exactly the way that AT&T wants it?
    10-30-11 05:52 PM
    I got my AT&T 9900 today, what do guys think??? Pretty cool huh???

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-30-11 05:56 PM
    Come on really olblueyez, Friday May 20th....You couldn't have find one that said Sunday the 20th...
    Last edited by RoseBud68; 10-30-11 at 06:15 PM.
    10-30-11 06:09 PM
1,957 ... 5253545556 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD