Okay, does everyone feel better now? Put your big girl panties on.......it'll all work out.
    I left them in you truck.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-29-11 10:04 AM
    I left them in you truck.

Well, next time remember to take them with you.
    10-29-11 10:07 AM
    Well, next time remember to take them with you.
    Pull them off you head and I will.

10-29-11 10:23 AM
    Pull them off you head and I will.

Never mind......
    10-29-11 10:38 AM
    If nothing is heard from att after Monday I think I'm just going to go with an unlocked Rogers unit
    I was tempted too, but that means I would be paying full price for a phone that is already lacking on many different levels. Given... it's got business and physical keyboard on lock. Instead of paying $500+, I would recommend you just switching carriers. My family had 7 lines with them, by switching we save $250 a month from AT&T to Sprint, just a suggestion. Whatever floats your boat though.
    10-29-11 12:47 PM
    Can I ask a follow-up rergarding NFC? Do we know if this is disabled due to an early release version of the OS, or is it specifically disabled for an ATT phone like the TMO release, so it will never work, no matter what OS we put on it, until ATT says go (never perhaps). If that is the case, unlocked rogers seems my only option...
    10-29-11 01:09 PM
    Can I ask a follow-up rergarding NFC? Do we know if this is disabled due to an early release version of the OS, or is it specifically disabled for an ATT phone like the TMO release, so it will never work, no matter what OS we put on it, until ATT says go (never perhaps). If that is the case, unlocked rogers seems my only option...
    I'm sure AT&T will enable it at some point, if they do have it disabled upon release. It's been noted that if you load another OS, the NFC will work. AT&T will enable it after they find a way to bend you over for it.
    10-29-11 01:15 PM
    9900 with At&t - count the days.
    How long have you been counting
    10-29-11 02:09 PM
    I hear its coming. Too late for me and some others but it is coming.
    For most it is too late. Those who really wanted bought an unlocked device and moved on. AT&T has really moved away from IM and are Apple and Android centered. RIM is no longer what they used to be at ANY carrier.
    10-29-11 02:14 PM
    For most it is too late. Those who really wanted bought an unlocked device and moved on. AT&T has really moved away from IM and are Apple and Android centered. RIM is no longer what they used to be at ANY carrier.
    True. I am truly dissapointed with AT&T. It has become rigid company that disregards the loyalty of its customers --particularly BlackBerry users.

As to RIM, while Apple puts all its resources in developing one smartphone, RIM insists in squandering theirs with many. This year RIM has already released four new smartphones (one Bold, two Torches and a Curve) and it will soon introduce the Bold 9790 --that is 5 smartphones in a year. Rather than offering so many devices, to compete RIM should concentrate on quality and innovation. The company that introduced push e-mail and brought data streaming to smartphones can do better than is doing now.
    Last edited by ecustomer; 10-29-11 at 03:21 PM.
    10-29-11 02:35 PM
    True. I am truly dissapointed with AT&T. It has become rigid company that disregards the loyalty of its customers --particularly BlackBerry users.

As to RIM, while Apple puts all their resources in developing one smartphone, RIM insists in squandering theirs with many. This year RIM has already released four new smartphones (one Bold, two Torches and a Curve) and it will soon introduce the Bold 9790 --that is 5 smartphones in a year. Rather than offering so many devices, to compete RIM should concentrate on quality and innovation. The company that introduced push e-mail and brought data streaming to smartphones can do better than is doing now.
    AT&T focuses on the phones that people want and phones that sell. If RIM was ahead of the power curve as far as innovation and quality is concerned, AT&T would push them as more people would want them. What it boils down to with any company is profit. Let's be honest - the amount of people wanting a Blackberry has dwindled in recent years. Sure, RIM sells many phones world wide, but not near as many as Iphones and Droids. AT&T is going to focus on what people want and the majority don't want a Blackberry. If you look at AT&T's website, they have 3 Blackberries there - the 9800, 9810, and the Curve 3G. Pi$$ poor.
    Last edited by ibcop; 10-29-11 at 03:03 PM.
    10-29-11 02:48 PM
    I believe in the couple of years ATT will discounter blackberrys if RIM dont come out with something that would surprise ppl.
    10-29-11 03:14 PM
    AT&T focuses on the phones that people want and sell. If RIM was ahead of the power curve as far as innovation and quality is concerned, AT&T would push them as more people would want them. What it boils down to with any company is profit. Let's be honest - the amount of people wanting a Blackberry has dwindled in recent years. Sure, RIM sells many phones world wide, but not near as many as Iphones and Droids. AT&T is going to focus on what people want and the majority don't want a Blackberry. If you look at AT&T's website, they have 3 Blackberries there - the 9800, 9810, and the Curve 3G. Pi$$ poor.
    You have a point, but in my view what AT&T offers is not necessarily predicated on what the people want. Many AT&T subscribers are dying to get their hands on the Bold 9900 but AT&T will not release it. AT&T seems to be more interested in the deal --control, exclusivity, and so on-- than satisfying the consumer. And I believe that many more people would want the Bold 9900 if they knew it. I was planning to upgrade to the Torch 9810 until I handled a working Bold 9900 --pictures and videos do not do it justice. Now the 9810 will not do. It has to be the 9900.
    10-29-11 03:17 PM
    You have a point, but in my view what AT&T offers is not necessarily predicated on what the people want. Many AT&T subscribers are dying to get their hands on the Bold 9900 but AT&T will not release it. AT&T seems to be more interested in the deal --control, exclusivity, and so on-- than satisfying the consumer. And I believe that many more people would want the Bold 9900 if they knew it. I was planning to upgrade to the Torch 9810 until I handled a working Bold 9900 --pictures and videos do not do it justice. Now the 9810 will not do. It has to be the 9900.
    Make no mistake - AT&T will get their money and will cripple any feature to do so (i.e PlayBook Bridge and possibly NFC). Sure there are a lot of people that want the 9900 but after almost every other carrier has released it, if people don't know about it they must be living under a rock.

There is no comparison between the 9810 and 9900. You could always pick up a 9810 and then swap to the 9900. But wait.....it may not be out within the 30 day exchange window. My 9930 rocks!
    Last edited by ibcop; 10-29-11 at 03:44 PM.
    3migo likes this.
    10-29-11 03:41 PM
    Make no mistake - AT&T will get their money and will cripple any feature to do so (i.e PlayBook Bridge and possibly NFC). Sure there are a lot of people that want the 9900 but after almost every other carrier has released it, if people don't know about it they must be living under a rock.

There is no comparison between the 9810 and 9900. You could always pick up a 9810 and then swap to the 9900. But wait.....it may not be out within the 30 day exchange window. My 9930 rocks!
    You would be surprised. Where I live AT&T has a dominant market position and most people I know who use BlackBerry devices have not visited CrackBerry.com and have not seen a 9900.

As to changing devices, I depend on BlackBerry PIN messages for my text communications and each time that, for whatever reason, I change devices I must notify everyone of the PIN change. That discourages changing devices and makes it impossible for me to use more than one BlackBerry device.

If only BlackBerry would assign a personal PIN that could be written into a secure encrypted EEPROM, everytime I changed devices I could keep my BlackBerry PIN.
    10-29-11 04:04 PM
    reason could be that the at&t tweet was removed because this coming week is the three year anniversary-nov 4,2008.at&t will have to say something.and at&t has shown that they did not want anything bb related in october.they launched iphone 4s and samsung galaxy s2 side by side a few days apart.that says something.they don't consider bb as their premier device.for at&t, they have just picked off where they left off with successful iphone 4 sales the year prior.i4s has been a proven winner and so has the galaxy s2 and other android handsets.at&t's last priority will always be bb.thats just the way they operate.
    10-29-11 04:37 PM
    The version of .440 that RIM delivered did not have NFC enabled. I am certain that is at AT&Ts request because we don't see a lot of demand for it yet and when we do see a demand for it we will have figured out how to charge for it or get a cut of it somehow...

PG
    10-29-11 04:52 PM
    You would be surprised. Where I live AT&T has a dominant market position and most people I know who use BlackBerry devices have not visited CrackBerry.com and have not seen a 9900.

As to changing devices, I depend on BlackBerry PIN messages for my text communications and each time that, for whatever reason, I change devices I must notify everyone of the PIN change. That discourages changing devices and makes it impossible for me to use more than one BlackBerry device.

If only BlackBerry would assign a personal PIN that could be written into a secure encrypted EEPROM, everytime I changed devices I could keep my BlackBerry PIN.
    Why do you have to notify everyone of a new device? Why not back-up your BBM contacts with DM and restore to the new device? Do you not back up via the MicroSD card?

Most of your BBM contacts will never know you switched devices.
    10-29-11 05:01 PM
    The version of .440 that RIM delivered did not have NFC enabled. I am certain that is at AT&Ts request because we don't see a lot of demand for it yet and when we do see a demand for it we will have figured out how to charge for it or get a cut of it somehow...

PG
    You got that right - AT&T is gonna get something out of it!
    10-29-11 05:02 PM
    reason could be that the at&t tweet was removed because this coming week is the three year anniversary-nov 4,2008.at&t will have to say something.and at&t has shown that they did not want anything bb related in october.they launched iphone 4s and samsung galaxy s2 side by side a few days apart.that says something.they don't consider bb as their premier device.for at&t, they have just picked off where they left off with successful iphone 4 sales the year prior.i4s has been a proven winner and so has the galaxy s2 and other android handsets.at&t's last priority will always be bb.thats just the way they operate.
    Gone are the days when being an AT&T subscriber meant that you had access to the best and latest that RIM had to offer. Now the first thing that you see after you open the door of an AT&T store is the iPhone display. AT&T has become Apple Telephone & Telegraph. Since AT&T has more than 100 million subscribers, BlackBerry has no choice but to take it and withstand abuses such as a two-month delay in the release of the Bridge application, the imposition of the tethering fee for PlayBook bridging, and a three-month delay in the release of it flagship phone. And, you will not see a PlayBook at an AT&T store.
    10-29-11 05:13 PM
    reason could be that the at&t tweet was removed because this coming week is the three year anniversary-nov 4,2008.at&t will have to say something.and at&t has shown that they did not want anything bb related in october.they launched iphone 4s and samsung galaxy s2 side by side a few days apart.that says something.they don't consider bb as their premier device.
    The reason the tweet was removed was because it's not coming soon/On the 6th as was expected, and will most likely be coming on the 20th. AT&T issued a statement announcing that 2 new phones will be released on the 6th, and if the 9900 was coming out then we would have known about it by now.

And of course AT&T is going to push out the GS2 and the 4S, because there was a ton of hype over both of those phones, and touchscreen slabs are what sell; not Blackberrys.

And, you will not see a PlayBook at an AT&T store.
    Of course you won't. It's not a 3G/4G enabled tablet, what would be the point of having it in the store?
    ibcop likes this.
    10-29-11 05:23 PM

PG
    PG
    According to your previous statement, once TA was complete, phones are generally released within 2-3 weeks (which would be around Nov 6th). Since you aren't aware of any issues on your end, could there be some fulfillment issues on RIM's end? Is there anyone you talk to that can verify why an official release date hasn't been announced?

10-29-11 05:32 PM
    The reason the tweet was removed was because it's not coming soon/On the 6th as was expected, and will most likely be coming on the 20th. AT&T issued a statement announcing that 2 new phones will be released on the 6th, and if the 9900 was coming out then we would have known about it by now.

And of course AT&T is going to push out the GS2 and the 4S, because there was a ton of hype over both of those phones, and touchscreen slabs are what sell; not Blackberrys.

Of course you won't. It's not a 3G/4G enabled tablet, what would be the point of having it in the store?
    Great point!
    10-29-11 05:34 PM
    What's it to you? You're on Verizon anyway, you already have your Bold 9930. Imagine you didnt and every other major carrier already had them for 2 months. PG is just trying to help us abused AT&T BlackBerry users.
    can you please restate what you're trying to state? How are you an abused at&t BB owner?
    10-29-11 05:36 PM

When I visited a Sprint store on August 22nd and "fell in love" with the 9930/9900, I saw the PlayBook being sold there. However, the Sprint sales representative did not know what the Bridge application was and what it could be used for.
    10-29-11 05:37 PM
1,957 ... 5152535455 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD