Thank you for this post... But, with all due respect, if you do not know what happened before 8/1, or are not privy to the process within AT&T before testing starts, you do not have grounds to suggest that the testing process is determinant of the date on which the 9900 will be released. AT&T could have caused the release date to be closer to November 20th than to August 21st by its dealings with RIM prior to 8/1.
    The testing process begins with lab entry. From that point I know the process very well and can state what the timeline is. Now is it possible that at&t tells manufacturers when to submit devices for lab entry, sure, in all honesty it is not an issue that has ever come up before or a question that anyone has asked. I do know that there is not a preconceived device release date when any device (other than iPhone) enters the lab.

Yes at&t could have caused the release date to be closer to November 20, so could RIM for that matter.

PG
    motor96 likes this.
    10-28-11 09:55 PM
    Have I ever told anyone I disagreed with to "Just move on"? Is that what you say to people when your not in your home? "Just move on"? Or is it "Just move on when you disagree with PG or CX"?

If PG we're three different people would you be asking me "Why must you always combat Tom, ****, and Harry?"

You may wanna go back a re-read the thread because I haven't refuted everything PG has written but there have been times when he went out of his way to jump me, but his reasoning wasn't very logical.

My attitude is the same as CX, everyone gets an opinion and a say.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I don't think it really matters why at this point. We ALL just want to know when. PG gives us information that helps us gauge a certain date of release based on his own knowings. You guys are asking him questions that he cant or shouldn't answer. We may never know why its taking so long and most of everyone here I think could care less at this point. Just give us the phone
    10-28-11 10:00 PM
    The testing process begins with lab entry. From that point I know the process very well and can state what the timeline is. Now is it possible that at&t tells manufacturers when to submit devices for lab entry, sure, in all honesty it is not an issue that has ever come up before or a question that anyone has asked. I do know that there is not a preconceived device release date when any device (other than iPhone) enters the lab.

Yes at&t could have caused the release date to be closer to November 20, so could RIM for that matter.

PG
    Sorry youre getting bashed on! Been following your comments on the situation for a while, but finally decided on Sprint because I simply can't really wait like this any longer. Appreciate your efforts to keep us at Crackberry informed! We know you don't have to and are lucky that you are even putting out such information!
    10-28-11 10:01 PM
    Love BB, but BB9930 will likely be the last one I buy. Hopefully Apple gets adventurous and incorporates physical keyboard (or slide keyboard) + LED into their iP5 or something. OR BEST CASE SCENARIO, RIM decides to produce a QNX phone similar to BB9900. I will not touch Android phones after playing with my brothers... horrendous.
    I'm with you there, the Bold form factor is the only type of Blackberry I would ever want to own, besides my playbook. RIM will die without a Bold-style QNX phone.

I've been strongly considering going ahead and getting the Samsung Focus S on November 6th if the 9900 doesn't come out on the 6th as well. I don't really want to go Android, and iOS has grown incredibly stale for me.
    10-28-11 10:03 PM
    does at&t have problem with apple or android handsets when it comes to release?no i didn't think so.this bb fiasco at&t has built up is just plain stupid.get the devices and get on with it.more new handsets will come out even after these are outted.its just the way tech works.everything becomes outdated even before hitting the market.i never seen anything like this from a carrier's side.its not like these bb will make at&t stock go through the roof.for at&t- its apple and android(which has even surpassed apple in that regard) thats cashing their revenue.im not going to say more thats it.
    js8229 likes this.
    10-28-11 10:11 PM

PG
    Do you think that the 6th might still happen or would we have heard something offical for ATT? Thanks and please keep posting
    10-28-11 10:11 PM
    I'm with you there, the Bold form factor is the only type of Blackberry I would ever want to own, besides my playbook. RIM will die without a Bold-style QNX phone.

I've been strongly considering going ahead and getting the Samsung Focus S on November 6th if the 9900 doesn't come out on the 6th as well. I don't really want to go Android, and iOS has grown incredibly stale for me.
    The problem with iOS and all Apple phones is that all 'updates' are in all reality the same exact thing as far as look goes, it just usually adds new features and capabilities. It's funny you say this because everyone has been attacking RIM for OS 6 vs OS 7 as they are both the same thing except new icons and ability to manage slides (idk if that's the term?), when iOS does the exact same thing and no one even cares. The only thing different is that they allowed backgrounds now.

Trust me... I think you are only considering Android because it is 'new' to you. All the updates from coffeecake to gingerbread to icecream sandwhich blah blah blah and etc etc... is about the same as iOS. Just more features really. The look is about the same. I say you play around with it for a while and see how it goes. I cannot stand Android.

QNX (BBX) needs to produce a touch w/ physical keyboard or else they will lose a LOT of RIM customers. Touch is only good when you have an app world/market that enhances this kind of experience, something that is as good as nonexistent for BB's App World. This is why their Torch 9860 or whatever that thing was called was such a flop, it may be touch but has no capability to it.

If you refer back to the crackberry poll the other day, an overwhelming majority (+50%) said they love the physical keyboard formfactor.
    10-28-11 10:13 PM

I agree with you on the Bold form factor but I would never buy a phone or tablet running a Microsoft OS (or another desktop or laptop). Their technology absolutely sucks IMHO.

As for iOS being stale, I don't think anyone who likes to use BB phones can accuse any other current smartphone OS of being stale. BB OS is the last man standing of the pre-iOS smartphone operating systems. Its good but its ancient.
    10-28-11 10:18 PM
    does at&t have problem with apple or android handsets when it comes to release?no i didn't think so.this bb fiasco at&t has built up is just plain stupid.get the devices and get on with it.more new handsets will come out even after these are outted.its just the way tech works.everything becomes outdated even before hitting the market.i never seen anything like this from a carrier's side.its not like these bb will make at&t stock go through the roof.for at&t- its apple and android(which has even surpassed apple in that regard) thats cashing their revenue.im not going to say more thats it.
    No but when a company makes a device that can Bridge with another product (Playbook) or comes out with concept like NFC, That carries is going try to figure out a way to make money on it thus delay said product. Just may take on it.
    10-28-11 10:19 PM
    I agree with you on the Bold form factor but I would never buy a phone or tablet running a Microsoft OS (or another desktop or laptop). Their technology absolutely sucks IMHO.

As for iOS being stale, I don't think anyone who likes to use BB phones can accuse any other current smartphone OS of being stale. BB OS is the last man standing of the pre-iOS smartphone operating systems. Its good but its ancient.
    FOUR FOR YOU GLEN CO CO...

Now that I think about it... BB OS 5 = OS 6 = OS 7 = OS 7.1

Now if we go back even before that... It was literally just a graphical difference. I never thought of that, but so true... Though we have to be honest. iOS has been ancient too as they use many of the same icons from Day 1 on G1 of the iPhone.
    10-28-11 10:22 PM
    FOUR FOR YOU GLEN CO CO...

Now that I think about it... BB OS 5 = OS 6 = OS 7 = OS 7.1

Now if we go back even before that... It was literally just a graphical difference. I never thought of that, but so true... Though we have to be honest. iOS has been ancient too as they use many of the same icons from Day 1 on G1 of the iPhone.
    Day one of the iPhone was in 2007. I had a BB back in 2000.
    10-28-11 10:27 PM
    The problem with iOS and all Apple phones is that all 'updates' are in all reality the same exact thing as far as look goes, it just usually adds new features and capabilities.

Trust me... I think you are only considering Android because it is 'new' to you. All the updates from coffeecake to gingerbread to icecream sandwhich blah blah blah and etc etc... is about the same as iOS. Just more features really. The look is about the same. I say you play around with it for a while and see how it goes. I cannot stand Android.
    This is probably true. I'm wanting something fresh, and right now iOS can not offer that to me. I've been using the platform for nearly 5 years now, and I've grown so incredibly tired of it. But I imagine the same thing would happen with any platform after using it for that long with no appearance changes.

See, I love Windows, and I am a bit of a Microsoft fanboy; I have no plans on switching from Windows on my personal computer, I've owned both an Xbox and an Xbox 360, and I own a Zune HD. The idea that my phone could work seamlessly with my PC and my Xbox is the main draw towards WP7 for me.

However I think that it's more than fair to accuse iOS of being stale, as since it's beginning, it hasn't changed whatsoever when it comes to looks, while BBOS has actually updated it's look quite a bit since the beginning.
    Dammerung2010 likes this.
    10-28-11 10:28 PM
    Day one of the iPhone was in 2007. I had a BB back in 2000.
    I should NOT have laughed so hard. If QNX (BBX) is going to be an exact replica of PB's current OS... I think we can safely add another year to that lol.
    10-28-11 10:37 PM
    See, I love Windows, and I am a bit of a Microsoft fanboy; I have no plans on switching from Windows on my personal computer, I've owned both an Xbox and an Xbox 360, and I own a Zune HD. The idea that my phone could work seamlessly with my PC and my Xbox is the main draw towards WP7 for me.

However I think that it's more than fair to accuse iOS of being stale, as since it's beginning, it hasn't changed whatsoever when it comes to looks, while BBOS has actually updated it's look quite a bit since the beginning.
    BBs have added color screens and trackballs and then trackpads. They have added a bit of lipstick to the UI also. The basic OS has changed very little in the last 10 years or so.

I switched from Windows to Mac after I replaced my netbook with an iPad. I was a Windows guy before that. I have written a decent amount of Windows software over the years and while MS IDEs are very good, the OS itself is crap. They keep replacing one API with another but leave the old API in place for backward compatibility. The end result is a compete mess.

MS came up with abominations like the registry, COM, Visual Basic and MFC.
    10-28-11 10:39 PM
    Can we focus on the point of this thread.. 9900 on AT&T..
    motor96 likes this.
    10-28-11 10:42 PM
    I should NOT have laughed so hard. If QNX (BBX) is going to be an exact replica of PB's current OS... I think we can safely add another year to that lol.
    Not sure I understand what you are talking about.
    10-28-11 10:44 PM
    Forget the leaked documents and some information we have on the forums. Why can't AT&T come out and announce the time of release of their Blackberry phones?

Heck..pick a date, announce and stick to it.

I have had no reception problems with AT&T, but the management style (including twitter post and then removing that) has been very shabby, I must say.
    10-28-11 10:45 PM
    Can we focus on the point of this thread.. 9900 on AT&T..
    I hear its coming. Too late for me and some others but it is coming.
    10-28-11 10:46 PM
    BBs have added color screens and trackballs and then trackpads. They have added a bit of lipstick to the UI also. The basic OS has changed very little in the last 10 years or so.

I switched from Windows to Mac after I replaced my netbook with an iPad. I was a Windows guy before that. I have written a decent amount of Windows software over the years and while MS IDEs are very good, the OS itself is crap. They keep replacing one API with another but leave the old API in place for backward compatibility. The end result is a compete mess.

MS came up with abominations like the registry, COM, Visual Basic and MFC.
    I can understand why you don't like Windows, especially those who switched to a Mac during the Vista fiasco, but I think that Microsoft has more than redeemed themselves with Windows 7.

I'm just not a fan of OSX, it's a quality OS, it's just not for me. To each his own though.
    10-28-11 10:52 PM
    ATT has decided not to release the 9900. Sorry folks.

psych
    10-29-11 12:14 AM
    It seems we are now back to a healthy level of frustration concerning the 9900/AT&T debacle.

You guys have to realize the majority of people who ever bought a Blackberry or want to buy a Blackberry end up here at Crackberry at some point. For this reason, it is important for Blackberry fans to stay focused on the way we all feel about what is going on. If it causes RIM to lead people to believe 2.0 will be out sooner than it actually will or If it causes AT&T to infer that RIM is to blame for the 9900/AT&T problem then that is their problem(s) for choosing the wrong way to handle things.

This isn't a Crackberry problem. This isn't a problem where you have some/a rouge poster(s) stirring up trouble just for fun.

This is were people get to voice their objections not just their satisfactions when it pertains to RIM and the Carriers.

Because this is a large Blackberry community, I would recommend those of us who think it is only for positive comments regarding Blackberry take a step back and ask yourselves, If not for Crackberry, where would all the Blackberry fans go to voice dissatisfaction when there is a problem?

Should RIM/Carrier problems be censored? Would that really be a positive step toward solving these problems or would that merely help to mask a problem when one should occur?

I think we have established this is an AT&T problem since it was documented months ago they would be delaying the 9900 and most of the other carriers worldwide have released it. Hence the reason people have been buying Rogers units and using them on the AT&T network.

Now I think a lot of us would like to know "Why the delay of the 9900/9860 is occurring?" and answers to any other questions are superfluous and only confuse the issue and mislead people.

I still believe it will be the 9860 that will be released on Nov 6 and not the 9900.

Looks like I covered up the Curve release date last time so I changed it. The Curve will also be late, like the 9860 and 9900. I guess AT&T never had any plans for being on time regardless of what anyone says.

At least we have it straight after 88 pages.

Last edited by olblueyez; 10-29-11 at 08:15 AM.
    netnative likes this.
    10-29-11 07:08 AM
    If nothing is heard from att after Monday I think I'm just going to go with an unlocked Rogers unit
    10-29-11 08:36 AM
    It seems we are now back to a healthy level of frustration concerning the 9900/AT&T debacle.

You guys have to realize the majority of people who ever bought a Blackberry or want to buy a Blackberry end up here at Crackberry at some point. For this reason, it is important for Blackberry fans to stay focused on the way we all feel about what is going on. If it causes RIM to lead people to believe 2.0 will be out sooner than it actually will or If it causes AT&T to infer that RIM is to blame for the 9900/AT&T problem then that is their problem(s) for choosing the wrong way to handle things.

This isn't a Crackberry problem. This isn't a problem where you have some/a rouge poster(s) stirring up trouble just for fun.

This is were people get to voice their objections not just their satisfactions when it pertains to RIM and the Carriers.

Because this is a large Blackberry community, I would recommend those of us who think it is only for positive comments regarding Blackberry take a step back and ask yourselves, If not for Crackberry, where would all the Blackberry fans go to voice dissatisfaction when there is a problem?

Should RIM/Carrier problems be censored? Would that really be a positive step toward solving these problems or would that merely help to mask a problem when one should occur?

I think we have established this is an AT&T problem since it was documented months ago they would be delaying the 9900 and most of the other carriers worldwide have released it. Hence the reason people have been buying Rogers units and using them on the AT&T network.

Now I think a lot of us would like to know "Why the delay of the 9900/9860 is occurring?" and answers to any other questions are superfluous and only confuse the issue and mislead people.

I still believe it will be the 9860 that will be released on Nov 6 and not the 9900.

Click to view quoted image

Looks like I covered up the Curve release date last time so I changed it. The Curve will also be late, like the 9860 and 9900. I guess AT&T never had any plans for being on time regardless of what anyone says.

At least we have it straight after 88 pages.

If Kevin's source is correct, I would speculate that neither the 9900 nor the 9860 will be released by AT&T until the issue of control over NFC implementation gets resolved. AT&T is a 100+ million subscriber company that has the market power to put pressure on RIM by not selling their smartphones. Already we see many BlackBerry enthusiasts who, tired of waiting and disatisfied with the 9810 as an option, have switched to other smartphone manufacturers. To many, the 9810 is not "a real BlackBerry."

Also take into account that AT&T announced the introduction of two Samsung Windows-based phones on November 6th but not the introduction of the 9860.
    Last edited by ecustomer; 10-29-11 at 08:42 AM.
    10-29-11 08:39 AM
    Okay, does everyone feel better now? Put your big girl panties on.......it'll all work out.
    10-29-11 09:18 AM
    9900 with At&t - count the days.
    10-29-11 09:40 AM
1,957 ... 5051525354 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD