Especially with AT&T's track record, the removal of the tweet is MORE than enough for us to be pessimistic. Man... The Galaxy S2 looks better and better every day...
    I am probably going today, and will likely come home with an S2.
    10-28-11 05:21 AM
    I gave up and got a 4s a couple of weeks ago.
    10-28-11 09:41 AM
    I'm still waiting!
    No iphone 4S for me. Its just boring to me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-28-11 10:00 AM
    Sure, the 20th is only two weeks longer... but this phone has been available on all other major carriers since August. In that perspective, two weeks is a damn long time.
    I agree 110%!!
    10-28-11 10:02 AM
    Why does everyone think it's now all of the sudden 11/20?
    Some stupid table from 5 months ago, despite TA on 10/17?
    No one has put forth 11/20... I say we give At&t tomorrow - if nothing gets said, then it's fair to speculate; but without that, why believe 11/20 over 11/6 or 13?
    From what I read in Kevin's post yesterday, his trusted source says AT&T is squabbling with RIM over who owns the NFC rights. That doesn't surprise me since AT&T LOVES to nickel and dime their customers to death. They have to gobble up every last bread crumb possible so their execs get nice big bonuses while their network quality continues to lack.
    10-28-11 10:05 AM
    I gave up and got a Torch 9810. And I loooooooove iiiiiiiiit. I'll still be getting a 9900 off contract at one point though.
    DrivenAgain likes this.
    10-28-11 10:06 AM
    My wifes torch 9810 is awesome, I think I may have to cave in. Waiting this long for a product that is out on other carriers is beyond punishing at this point for me. 9000-9700-9810? It just may have to be....
    10-28-11 10:17 AM
    My wifes torch 9810 is awesome, I think I may have to cave in. Waiting this long for a product that is out on other carriers is beyond punishing at this point for me. 9000-9700-9810? It just may have to be....
    Just make sure you spend some time with the keyboard. I went 9000 to 9800, and felt I could get used to the dramatic difference in the keyboards, well I still havent and using the wifes 9700 feels like a dream to me now. I have actually grown to dislike the slider as well, I like everything being right there in front of me, especially one handed. It is kind of funny but when my son was born I had the 9000 and i could feed him with one hand and type an email with the other, now my daughter is at that age and I get frustrated everytime I try that with the 9800.
    10-28-11 10:37 AM
    Just make sure you spend some time with the keyboard. I went 9000 to 9800, and felt I could get used to the dramatic difference in the keyboards, well I still havent and using the wifes 9700 feels like a dream to me now. I have actually grown to dislike the slider as well, I like everything being right there in front of me, especially one handed. It is kind of funny but when my son was born I had the 9000 and i could feed him with one hand and type an email with the other, now my daughter is at that age and I get frustrated everytime I try that with the 9800.
    The 9800/9810 is neither fish nor fowl. It does not have a screen as large as that of an iPhone and it does not have a keyboard as good as that of a "real BlackBerry".
    10-28-11 10:51 AM
    I gave up and got a Torch 9810. And I loooooooove iiiiiiiiit. I'll still be getting a 9900 off contract at one point though.
    I tried the 9810 keyboard and hated it. I am not putting up with the various BB issues for anything less than the best keyboard experiance. The 9810 is definitely not it.
    10-28-11 11:03 AM
    The Torch 2 is a nice phone but for anyone who has ever owned a Bold it will feel awkward and cumbersome. For the price, I think its the best phone going.
    10-28-11 11:58 AM
    i also feel that as a bad sign that CX and PG not posting here lately since at&t pulled off that twitt
    10-28-11 12:04 PM
    i also feel that as a bad sign that CX and PG not posting here lately since at&t pulled off that twitt
    I'm sure they know but are not at liberty to say,
    which is why they haven't posted.
    10-28-11 12:26 PM
    AT&T will introduce two new phones on November 6th... but they will be the Windows-based Samsung Focus Flash and Samsung Focus S.
    10-28-11 12:29 PM
    The S2 looks like an incredible phone, and at this point, I'm just tired of letting my upgrade sit there collecting dust. Overall the S2 has more features, the only thing that keeps me wanting the 9900 is that keyboard.

AT&T will introduce two new phones on November 6th... but they will be the Windows-based Samsung Focus Flash and Samsung Focus S.
    The Focus S actually looks like a pretty good phone, looks like the WP7 version of the Galaxy Nexus.
    10-28-11 12:45 PM
    And they can keep 'em.......
    10-28-11 12:47 PM
    I'm sure they know but are not at liberty to say,
    which is why they haven't posted.
    I think they are tired of the bs on CrackBerry.
    10-28-11 12:48 PM
    I think they are tired of the bs on CrackBerry.
    So true.....
    10-28-11 12:53 PM
    Does this mean that your not as happy with your new 4s as you'd be with a 9900? Or have you adapted over 2 weeks?
    I am adapting. I have had an iPad for the last 18 months so it has not been a difficult transition.
    10-28-11 12:54 PM
    Tired of the BS on CB is true, however we're both still lurking in the shadows...

From what I read in Kevin's post yesterday, his trusted source says AT&T is squabbling with RIM over who owns the NFC rights. That doesn't surprise me since AT&T LOVES to nickel and dime their customers to death. They have to gobble up every last bread crumb possible so their execs get nice big bonuses while their network quality continues to lack.
    I will respectfully disagree with our fearless leader here based on the fact that NFC has not been tested at all yet and it was not active in the final software release that RIM delivered to us. Now the squabbling may very well be happening but it is not holding up the release because this device wasn't going to be released with NFC enabled anyway since it hasn't been tested.

I have seen or heard nothing internally that would indicate there is any delay in bringing this device to market.

As usual I won't disagree that my company nickel and dimes people to death and I disagree with several of these practices but also will point out that some of the business models followed by others with giving away unlimited items is not supportable long term either...

PG
    10-28-11 01:16 PM
    Tired of the BS on CB is true, however we're both still lurking in the shadows...

I will respectfully disagree with our fearless leader here based on the fact that NFC has not been tested at all yet and it was not active in the final software release that RIM delivered to us. Now the squabbling may very well be happening but it is not holding up the release because this device wasn't going to be released with NFC enabled anyway since it hasn't been tested.

I have seen or heard nothing internally that would indicate there is any delay in bringing this device to market.

As usual I won't disagree that my company nickel and dimes people to death and I disagree with several of these practices but also will point out that some of the business models followed by others with giving away unlimited items is not supportable long term either...

PG
    Appreciate the post.

When would you, hypothetically of course, anticipate an announcement concerning the release date?
    10-28-11 02:11 PM

PG

PG, I certainly mean no disrepect. I think with the news of the delayed OS 2.0 release for the PlayBook and the tweet removal of AT&T without any follow-up communication a week later, I'm just frustrated. From what I gather from various recent comments, the 9900 was on target for a Nov 6th release. Is that still the case? Have you heard anything that would lead you to believe it is being pushed back (i.e. Nov 20th)?

Thanks again for your updates.
    10-28-11 02:13 PM
    At this point the main benefit from a definitive release date would be the ending of this inane thread and the commentary of folks whose lives it has become.
    10-28-11 02:14 PM

PG
    If it is not control over NFC implementation then, what is holding-up the release of the 9900?

I do not doubt that the 9900 was not going to be released with NFC enabled anyway. However, that would not be logically incompatible with AT&T using its market power to get ISD control on the devices from RIM. AT&T has a wireless subscriber base of 100.7 million and in the third quarter alone it sold 4.8 million smartphones. By delaying the release of the 9900, RIM's flagship phone, AT&T can put pressure on RIM and make it suffer.

If AT&T finally releases the 9900 on November 20th, the date shown in the BlackBerry Device "Road Map" as AT&T�s release date for that device, the alleged technical and/or quality justifications discussed here for AT&T delaying the release of the 9900 would be rendered meaningless.

Given the fact the aforesaid BlackBerry Device �Road Map� was disclosed the same day that AT&T gave the 9900 Field Entry (FE), it would be reasonable to infer that the reason why AT&T had been delaying the release of the 9900 until November 20th had little to do with technical and/or quality issues.
    10-28-11 02:22 PM
    Appreciate the post.

When would you, hypothetically of course, anticipate an announcement concerning the release date?
    I generally don't see any official announcements come out more than a few days before release. So it really could be anytime.

PG, I certainly mean no disrepect. I think with the news of the delayed OS 2.0 release for the PlayBook and the tweet removal of AT&T without any follow-up communication a week later, I'm just frustrated. From what I gather from various recent comments, the 9900 was on target for a Nov 6th release. Is that still the case? Have you heard anything that would lead you to believe it is being pushed back (i.e. Nov 20th)?

Thanks again for your updates.
    Like I said I have seen or heard nothing to indicate this device is delayed. There has never been an official release date announced. Under most circumstances release is usually 2 to 3 weeks following TA (Technical Acceptance) which happened on 10/17.

At this point the main benefit from a definitive release date would be the ending of this inane thread and the commentary of folks whose lives it has become.
    YES!!!
    If it is not control over NFC implementation then, what is holding-up the release of the 9900?

I do not doubt that the 9900 was not going to be released with NFC enabled anyway. However, that would not be logically incompatible with AT&T using its market power to get ISD control on the devices from RIM. AT&T has a wireless subscriber base of 100.7 million and in the third quarter alone it sold 4.8 million smartphones. By delaying the release of the 9900, RIM's flagship phone, AT&T can put pressure on RIM and make it suffer.

If AT&T finally releases the 9900 on November 20th, the date shown in the BlackBerry Device "Road Map" as AT&T�s release date for that device, the alleged technical and/or quality justifications discussed here for AT&T delaying the release of the 9900 would be rendered meaningless.

Given the fact the aforesaid BlackBerry Device �Road Map� was disclosed the same day that AT&T gave the 9900 Field Entry (FE), it would be reasonable to infer that the reason why AT&T had been delaying the release of the 9900 until November 20th had little to do with technical and/or quality issues.
    I completely disagree with the entire premise of your post. The notion that there is a hold up on the release is entirely untrue and as I have stated here previously RIM did not deliver this device for lab entry until 8/1. Given the normal test process there has been an additional two week delay only because RIM did not deliver final firmware for this device on time.

When the device ultimately hits stores will have absolutely nothing to do with leaked document from RIM specifically because they have no control over the release date assuming they can deliver on manufacturing targets. Even if release were to slip to 11/20 for some reason it would be nothing more than coincidence or RIMs best guess at the time given at&t's normal testing time lines and accounting for modest delays.

PG
    10-28-11 02:42 PM
1,957 ... 4849505152 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD