Damn....I wonder if the 9860 on AT&T is also going to be held back. That would just suck.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-27-11 06:40 AM
    I am getting tired of this industry driving demand through rumors that create expectatons about the release of new phones, tablets and operating systems that are later not met. When AT&T finally releases the 9900 it will be disappointingly anticlimactic. Let's see what happens with PlayBook OS 2.0.
    I'm selling my PlayBook - I'm not gonna wait for this delay. When February arrives, they'll be another delay. And so on......
    10-27-11 06:49 AM
    I'm selling my PlayBook - I'm not gonna wait for this delay. When February arrives, they'll be another delay. And so on......
    I bought my PlayBook with 32 GB on the expectation of Android support. Now it is merely a bigger screen extension of my BlackBerry smartphone and for that it is too expensive.
    10-27-11 06:55 AM
    I think that I jinxed myself by buying a charging dock and pocket case before ATT announced the device
    10-27-11 07:32 AM
    I think that I jinxed myself by buying a charging dock and pocket case before ATT announced the device
    Well, it will be released, although I think later more than sooner!
    10-27-11 07:40 AM
    Stop playin. SAUCE?!
    Do you have a source reference for the ATT Droid RAZR being in the works?

With ATT it seems like a lot of the potentially good phones are vaporware. The HTC Holiday also comes to mind.
    Probably true. Rogers and AT&T tend to have similar product launches. Rogers has confirmed that they will be gettin the RAZR.
    This is what I read:

Motorola’s Droid RAZR (Or Something Like It) Likely Headed For AT&T Soon | TechCrunch

Probably won't be named Droid RAZR like on Verizon, but with the same internal battery, its a RAZR.
    10-27-11 07:43 AM
    When ATT they finnaly release the 9900 its gonna be outdated lol

10-27-11 07:46 AM
    What I don't get is why this is a last minute hold up... you would think that while doing the lab/field tests, someone would be able to simultaneously be dealing with RIM in regards to the NFC, if that is in fact the case. I mean, I can pat my head and rub my belly at the same time...
    10-27-11 07:48 AM
    What I don't get is why this is a last minute hold up... you would think that while doing the lab/field tests, someone would be able to simultaneously be dealing with RIM in regards to the NFC, if that is in fact the case. I mean, I can pat my head and rub my belly at the same time...
    And we all could be reading too much into it. I don't think that's the case, but we should hope for the best but prepare for the worst!
    10-27-11 07:50 AM
    10-27-11 08:17 AM
    I thought the 6th felt like it was so far away now the 20th....feels like eternity lol
    10-27-11 08:23 AM
    I thought the 6th felt like it was so far away now the 20th....feels like eternity lol
    I feel your pain. I also knew it was too good to be true when the 20th became the 6th. That was just too easy. As far as PG/CX, they just help to keep more fish in the net until its pulled out of the water as far as I am concerned. They do work for AT&T directly or indirectly right? Any rumors of NFC security issues are pure fiction. As far as I am concerned, AT&T is wasting customer time so they can make more money the American way, steal it and say it's for the customers instead of just earning it. That is all I can conclude from this circle jurk thread and anything else is just willful ignorance.
    10-27-11 08:32 AM
    ...hence the reason I (and others it seems) left AT&T. Tired of the mess that is AT&T. I won't be surprised at all if this thing lands with modified NFC to support pay-to-play considering the clubbing that AT&T gave its customers regarding Bridge.
    10-27-11 08:39 AM
    Where did you scoop this up from?
    10-27-11 08:59 AM
    That's old info - the 11/20 flyer that includes dates from many vendors; including At&T - purely a coincidence if it happens.
    10-27-11 09:13 AM
    Ibcop: I believe it was posted in the blogs before or shortly after this thread was started.

As for PG & CX, I have no doubts they believe what they tell us. Reality is they don't decide what the release dates are and they are limited as to what they can say for a reason. It is also reality that people will use what they say to cling onto false hopes even if PG & CX gave no indication people should do so. That is how it goes when dealing with RIM products and keeping that in mind will help those of us who are too excited or impatient to keep a realistic view when trying to get some perspective on the whole thing. Rumors of NFC security issues as this late date are preposterous and obviously designed to mislead the person who wrote that and or the public as to the real reason(s) AT&T is taking so long to release the phone. The "Security Issues" story comes out at the same time the date is pushed back, again, to the 20th for the same reason PG & CX are not permitted to disclose everything they know. AT&T does not want people in general to know that the long wait that the customers had to endure was so they can reach deeper into your pockets.

I don't see how anyone could realistically come up with another scenario based on the things we do know for sure.

10-27-11 09:27 AM
    That's old info - the 11/20 flyer that includes dates from many vendors; including At&T - purely a coincidence if it happens.
    This is exactly what I am talking about. His statement has absolutely no basis in reality whatsoever.

The 9810 came out on Aug 21 and I challenge anyone to find a shred of proof that the Nov 20 date has changed since that chart was released. That chart is the one and only clue as to the 9900 and 9860 release date(s).

If you can't see the forest because of the trees than how would you have a clue as to the release date?

Last edited by olblueyez; 10-27-11 at 09:38 AM.
    10-27-11 09:30 AM
    I cant believe this man. Well I guess I can.

What a bummer! I was really hping on the 6th.

Now im not even sure if its coming at all.

The reason I have been waiting is bc i heard they did some hardware revision. I was hping it was a better battery, get rid of those brick phones, or something along those lines and not realy NFC, which i really dont care about man.

Now, Im stuck thinking shoukd i just get an unbranded one, since it seems it not even coming soon anymore.

10-27-11 09:45 AM
    This is exactly what I am talking about. His statement has absolutely no basis in reality whatsoever.

The 9810 came out on Aug 21 and I challenge anyone to find a shred of proof that the Nov 20 date has changed since that chart was released. That chart is the one and only clue as to the 9900 and 9860 release date(s).

If you can't see the forest because of the trees than how would you have a clue as to the release date?

The November 6th date was "hatched" as CX or PG indicated device release usually occurs 2-3 weeks after TA, which was on Nov 17th. Nov 6th would put it one day shy of 3 weeks after TA.

And prior to TA, I was told Nov 6th was the release date. Other members reported the same, with them coming in across different parts of the U.S..
    10-27-11 09:46 AM

The 9810 came out on Aug 21 and I challenge anyone to find a shred of proof that the Nov 20 date has changed since that chart was released.

My statements don't live in reality? Really?
    This flyer is wrong on like 8 other dates, on all 4 networks. There's only 1 other ATT date that's passed, and yes it got that right. One.
    Miss Examples -
    9850 - Verizon, came out 9/8, not 9/1
    9350 - Sprint, came out 10/3, not 9/9
    9350 - Verizon, came out (not yet), not 9/15
    10-27-11 09:49 AM
    Ibcop: I believe it was posted in the blogs before or shortly after this thread was started.

As for PG & CX, I have no doubts they believe what they tell us. Reality is they don't decide what the release dates are and they are limited as to what they can say for a reason. It is also reality that people will use what they say to cling onto false hopes even if PG & CX gave no indication people should do so. That is how it goes when dealing with RIM products and keeping that in mind will help those of us who are too excited or impatient to keep a realistic view when trying to get some perspective on the whole thing. Rumors of NFC security issues as this late date are preposterous and obviously designed to mislead the person who wrote that and or the public as to the real reason(s) AT&T is taking so long to release the phone. The "Security Issues" story comes out at the same time the date is pushed back, again, to the 20th for the same reason PG & CX are not permitted to disclose everything they know. AT&T does not want people in general to know that the long wait that the customers had to endure was so they can reach deeper into your pockets.

I don't see how anyone could realistically come up with another scenario based on the things we do know for sure.

Regarding the subject of AT&T misleading the public, you may want to read "Lies, Damn Lies and Commitments" by Edward J. Black, President and CEO of the Computer and Communications Industry Association (Edward J. Black: Lies, Damn Lies and Commitments).
    10-27-11 09:55 AM
    It's not NFC security issues. It's a control thing. ATT wants it, RIM has it. It still might be a canard though. At this late stage those types of negotiations don't normally pop up. That said, if you want to see how blind stupid a high level exec can be, read the history of the VW/RR deal.
    10-27-11 09:57 AM
    hey folks maybe we all just get this one which is coming later this year

Porsche Design P'9981 BlackBerry provides a long-awaited design jolt, compensates for a lot -- Engadget
    10-27-11 09:59 AM
    hey folks maybe we all just get this one which is coming later this year

Porsche Design P'9981 BlackBerry provides a long-awaited design jolt, compensates for a lot -- Engadget
    With our luck, it will be an international exclusive. If it does come stateside, it will be so watered-down, it won't be worth owning...
    Last edited by AbstraKt; 10-27-11 at 10:11 AM.
    10-27-11 10:09 AM
    I don't really mind the delay... What I mind is the fact that there are no official announcements. What is the problem to say "We will release the phone on xxxx" ATT
    I mean the phone already has TA, so that means it was already accepted and approved by ATT.
    If its nov 20, fine. If its dec 1st, fine. Just stop playing games with us and settle this. Some of us are dealign with old ****ty phones just waiting for this thing. If I wasn't on a corporate account, I would have already switched carriers...
    10-27-11 10:10 AM
1,957 ... 4546474849 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD