There should be an announcement this week from AT&T.
    I know. Can't wait! 12 more days
    10-25-11 06:57 PM
    I know. Can't wait! 12 more days
    Let's hope it all pans out!
    10-25-11 07:15 PM
    I imagine it will take a few weeks after launch before the price will come down. You'll probably find it on Amazon Wireless in their one penny deals. They just had the Verizon 9930 for a penny. Ask me how I know.
    I am banking on this. This is how I got my current $8900. Although it had already been out for T-mobile. less than a month after it came out it was a penny and stayed that way forever.
    Hoping the same for the 9900. If not............
    10-25-11 07:15 PM
    I think it will be $199 w/2yr. If its $299 then i will just pay full retail. I'm up for an early upgrade and was planning on paying $199+$250+$50(tax)= Around$499 If its $299 that puts it at $600. I will assume full retail is $599 so I will just pay 50 more and not extend my contract another yr and save it for BBX. I'm willing to only do an early upgrade if it comes out at $199. We shall see.
    10-25-11 07:37 PM
    Sadly, I've been waiting for this phone for so long, now that it is almost here, I've lost all my excitement for it. I'm not even sure I get it on release day anymore.
    10-25-11 07:50 PM
    Sadly, I've been waiting for this phone for so long, now that it is almost here, I've lost all my excitement for it. I'm not even sure I get it on release day anymore.
    I agree. It's a very strange feeling.
    10-25-11 07:57 PM
    My excitement has more than doubled now that I know it is so near.
    10-25-11 07:59 PM
    My excitement has more than doubled now that I know it is so near.
    I agree. Every chance I get I check the front page of CB just hoping there will be coverage on ATT and the announcement of the 9900!
    10-25-11 08:03 PM
    Lets all just hope all this time its not ATT trying to find a way to disable the NFC function & looking for ways to add a FEE to it. Like they did with the Playbook Bridge app
    Last edited by TeaBoy; 10-25-11 at 08:14 PM.
    10-25-11 08:08 PM
    Lets all just hope all this time its not ATT trying to find a way to disable the NFC function & looking for ways to add a FEE to it. Like they did with the Playbook Bridge app
    I have a feeling that we are going to see a fee attached to NFC, but to be honest, I don't really care. First of all, I would NEVER use my cell phone as a credit card, and other than that, there are no real day to day practical uses of NFC that the majority of the public would see as useful.
    10-25-11 08:57 PM
    Lately, AT&T has been aggressive with pricing, even though the manufacturers don't give them much wiggle room. With phones like the infuse and atrix 2 at $99 with upgrade, I'm hoping they will be aggressive with the berries too. The torch 9810 has the same processor and came out the gates at $49 with contract. Main difference is NFC capability (should at&t not disable it).
    I'm hoping AT&T will extend that push for lower prices here. There's no way they'll go above $199. If they start there, look for $99 during the holidays (like the 9700).

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    I just found my receipt for the 9800 last year. I reluctantly bought it on release day with a $199.99 price tag ...FWIW.

I'm just about done with RIMM, however. It all started with the sharp decline in confidence in the financial world. I'm slowly justifying the decline with the rest of the market. (See rant in Playbook forum)
    Last edited by AbstraKt; 10-25-11 at 10:28 PM.
    10-25-11 10:11 PM
    I just found my receipt for the 9800 last year. I reluctantly bought it on release day with a $199.99 price tag ...FWIW.
    I did the same... And nearly instantly regretted it. I will definitely be waiting to get the 9900.

Either way, I'm still excited for the 9900
    10-26-11 12:53 AM
    i tend to agree about NFC.i actually like credit cards in my wallet.makes me feel more like a man even though im not rich.i don't see making NFC a norm for myself until its proven in public use.
    10-26-11 02:26 AM
    I have a feeling that we are going to see a fee attached to NFC, but to be honest, I don't really care. First of all, I would NEVER use my cell phone as a credit card, and other than that, there are no real day to day practical uses of NFC that the majority of the public would see as useful.
    I agree with you......but you know AT&T has already done the disabling on NFC. In bed with Apple too - it's all about the money and less about the end consumer.
    10-26-11 06:00 AM
    Unless they get a point or two from the credit card companies. Especially when people already have credit cards. I dunno, I just don't see the NFC thing becoming much more than a novelty for quite some time, like when we are waiting for QNX 2 or 3 to come out. Or until Apes rule the earth.

Being the first guy with Bluetooth or WiFi wasn't what it was all cracked up to be was it?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by olblueyez; 10-26-11 at 08:48 AM.
    10-26-11 08:43 AM
    Does anyone have any news to share from AT&T on the official release of the 9900? With more disappointing news about OS 2.0 getting pushed back, I need some positive news. Bueller? Bueller? Anyone?? :-)
    10-26-11 09:34 AM
    Here's some positive news: the 9900 on AT&T won't be running QNX/BBX.
    CharlieV likes this.
    10-26-11 10:14 AM
    They haven't announced it wont be coming on November 6th, thats good right?
    Last edited by olblueyez; 10-26-11 at 11:30 AM.
    10-26-11 11:27 AM
    Here's some positive news: the 9900 on AT&T won't be running QNX/BBX.
    I bet you are part joking, part serious. For my part, I think the 9900 is the one to get, given the ridiculous CRAWL of QNX development for the Playbook.

Also, if rumors are to be believed, people waiting for a QNX device with a keypad are going to be waiting a long time.

Too bad the 9900 costs more than a big TV.
    10-26-11 11:28 AM
    I bet you are part joking, part serious.
    You are correct. The PlayBook debacle has me quite frustrated, and at this point in the game I don't have any hopes for a QNX/BBX based anything from RIM. I am very satisfied with my 9930. I am very dissatisfied with anything related to my PlayBook.
    10-26-11 11:49 AM
    Yeah, I never could wrap my head around that whole "Im waiting for the QNX as it will be out during the first quarter of 2012" crap.

They might not even have PB 2.0 out by then.
    10-26-11 11:49 AM
    You are correct. The PlayBook debacle has me quite frustrated, and at this point in the game I don't have any hopes for a QNX/BBX based anything from RIM.
    You know what really suks? Aside from a 99XX from another carrier or a 98XX, I really cant find another phone I would be willing to try. Windoz? NO, Apple? NO, Android? Maybe, but they are all so junky looking and I know Android will be forcing me to do stuff in a way that I don't like to.

Its like I/We are trapped and RIM knows it so they give us the shaft.
    10-26-11 11:57 AM
    I am keeping an eye on Windows phones and the new Windows 8 tablets coming our way. Right now I won't leave the 9930, but in time I will. Where I go just depends on what's available at that time, but I am confident that it won't be another BlackBerry. I am about ready to get off this roller coaster.
    10-26-11 12:02 PM
    You know what really suks? Aside from a 99XX from another carrier or a 98XX, I really cant find another phone I would be willing to try. Windoz? NO, Apple? NO, Android? Maybe, but they are all so junky looking and I know Android will be forcing me to do stuff in a way that I don't like to.

Its like I/We are trapped and RIM knows it so they give us the shaft.
    I won't consider any of those for the #1 reason of full touch screens. I despise slight out keyboards too. I'd almost go back to my lame flip phone if I still had it lol
    10-26-11 12:07 PM
    For those on VZW, the Droid RAZR looks damn sahweet!!

Just throwin' it out there!
    10-26-11 12:15 PM
1,957 ... 4243444546 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD