13 more days(hopefully)
    There should be an announcement this week from AT&T.
    3migo likes this.
    10-25-11 06:33 AM
    Right now its Apple who have the inventory issues. I think they are pretty much sold out of the 4s on AT&T and "sold" out of the 3gs. Not sure about the 4.
    Those are not issues. Those are wet dreams.
    10-25-11 09:03 AM
    Once this phone actually gets released, deep down I'll be a little bit disappointed... why??? because I won't have something to obsess about for a while
    10-25-11 10:10 AM
    lol i still cant believe how bad ATT screwed this up. I've been using the Rogers 9900 since august
    10-25-11 10:32 AM
    lol i still cant believe how bad ATT screwed this up. I've been using the Rogers 9900 since august
    Time will tell if it was worth the wait.
    10-25-11 10:57 AM
    Time will tell if it was worth the wait.
    This is true, and if you don't think there will be Crackberrians scrutinizing every element of this phone, as compared to other carriers existing hardware, your crazy. And oh boy if there is a bunch of issues or no differences.... that will be fun to watch!

I am just ready to get this thing, I have not been happy since I retired my 9000, this is why I keep a photograph of it in it's place of honor. within my avatar.

I have actually come close to getting the Galaxy SII a couple of times due to being fed up with my 9800, hopefully the announcement comes soon!
    10-25-11 11:10 AM
    This is true, and if you don't think there will be Crackberrians scrutinizing every element of this phone, as compared to other carriers existing hardware, your crazy. And oh boy if there is a bunch of issues or no differences.... that will be fun to watch!

I am just ready to get this thing, I have not been happy since I retired my 9000, this is why I keep a photograph of it in it's place of honor. within my avatar.

I have actually come close to getting the Galaxy SII a couple of times due to being fed up with my 9800, hopefully the announcement comes soon!
    I'm still using my 9000, although I have tried the 9800 and 9810. I also have my eye on the Galaxy II. I'm still weighing my options and may move to VZW. I also see they are starting the pre-order for the Droid RAZR.
    10-25-11 11:29 AM
    I'm still using my 9000, although I have tried the 9800 and 9810. I also have my eye on the Galaxy II. I'm still weighing my options and may move to VZW. I also see they are starting the pre-order for the Droid RAZR.
    Don't worry, the 9930 has been awesome. I too had the 9000 and tried the 9700 and Torch for 3 days before returning it and going back to 9000. I assume the at&t 9900 will be even better than the 9930 so you should be happy. (not really sure what better is though)
    10-25-11 11:33 AM
    Don't worry, the 9930 has been awesome. I too had the 9000 and tried the 9700 and Torch for 3 days before returning it and going back to 9000. I assume the at&t 9900 will be even better than the 9930 so you should be happy. (not really sure what better is though)
    I am giving Verizon a test run and have the 9930 as well. I do have better signal at home too.
    10-25-11 11:45 AM
    Curious to see what pricing is gonna be on this. Am I the only one who thinks $299 for a two-year plan is crazy?
    10-25-11 12:26 PM
    I am giving Verizon a test run and have the 9930 as well. I do have better signal at home too.
    I have been following those going to Verizon with envy. I still have my wife's line with Verizon but the facility where I work only gets decent signal with AT&T so I am stuck.
    10-25-11 12:27 PM
    Curious to see what pricing is gonna be on this. Am I the only one who thinks $299 for a two-year plan is crazy?
    That would make it a very expensive phone on AT&T, second only to the 64GB iPhone.
    10-25-11 12:39 PM
    I haven't seen much mention of this around here, and my guess would be that it's because 1. Many people here have the disposable income/savings to spend on phones, e.g. people talking about having multiple phones on multiple carriers like it's no big deal, paying full factory price on phones with ease, etc., and 2. Many people here get a BlackBerry for work for free.

As for my situation, I'm an average college student who has been using the same Bold 9000 on AT&T for three years, whose parents would certainly not pay $299 or even $199 for a new phone. At this point, I've had to delete half my apps to save on memory (yet I continue to be prompted to "select which apps to delete"), and do a battery pull at least two or three times a day due to freezing. It's getting very old, very fast.

I've been eligible for an upgrade for almost a year now, but I've been holding out for this phone ever since it was "Montana" and nobody knew for sure if it existed. If AT&T tries to price this phone above $150 WITH an upgrade, I will extraordinarily upset.

With that said, does anybody know how the price degradation usually works in these situations? How long will it usually take for a phone like this to have its price reduced by AT&T, and how much? I don't know if the upcoming holidays have any effect, though I do remember some sort of deal last year with getting phones for cheap for a limited time.

ALSO, for anybody who may be interested to know, if you're worried about using your upgrade/signing a new contract and losing your unlimited data plan that has been grandfathered in (as mine had), I was assured by an AT&T rep that if you do the whole process of buying a new phone and upgrading over the phone, they can keep your unlimited data plan with no trouble, unlike buying through the website or in the store. Just a heads up!
    10-25-11 12:51 PM
    I've been eligible for an upgrade for almost a year now, but I've been holding out for this phone ever since it was "Montana" and nobody knew for sure if it existed. If AT&T tries to price this phone above $150 WITH an upgrade, I will extraordinarily upset.

With that said, does anybody know how the price degradation usually works in these situations? How long will it usually take for a phone like this to have its price reduced by AT&T, and how much? I don't know if the upcoming holidays have any effect, though I do remember some sort of deal last year with getting phones for cheap for a limited time.

ALSO, for anybody who may be interested to know, if you're worried about using your upgrade/signing a new contract and losing your unlimited data plan that has been grandfathered in (as mine had), I was assured by an AT&T rep that if you do the whole process of buying a new phone and upgrading over the phone, they can keep your unlimited data plan with no trouble, unlike buying through the website or in the store. Just a heads up!
    That is true of your granfathered unlimited data, unless you drop the line or change your data package you are good.

As far as price, I would be shocked to see it priced any less than $200, and expect $200-$249.99 to be the price. Look at other new release smart-phones and you will see there is not much for $150. Price will drop when the sales slow to a crawl, or BBX phones are on the imminent horizon.
    10-25-11 01:05 PM
    That's how much the Bold 9000 was when it originally launched.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-25-11 01:07 PM
    As far as price, I would be shocked to see it priced any less than $200, and expect $200-$249.99 to be the price. Look at other new release smart-phones and you will see there is not much for $150. Price will drop when the sales slow to a crawl, or BBX phones are on the imminent horizon.
    I think one may find a reasonable argument in the fact that the phone is not remotely new, as it's been available on a VERY wide variety of other MAJOR carriers for some time now, and as such it is also not an AT&T-exclusive device. So I guess I don't see how they could justify pricing it so steeply given those circumstances.
    10-25-11 01:10 PM

I understand your frustration (regarding the wait), but I can assure you the price of this phone will NOT be below $199 upon release (this is the Rolls Royce of Blackberry's, much like your Bold 9000 was when it was first released.) I think you MIGHT have to look at a Torch (9810) considering your situation.

Although you SHOULD be grandfathered-in (if you currently have an unlimited data plan), any of the above routes could cause issues. I personally prefer to deal with a human, face-to-face should any problems arise. I also TRY to make it good practice to deal directly with a corporate location, and ask for names (and preferably business cards) including that of the Store Manager should there be any "kinks" in the upgrade process.

Last edited by intellectronik; 10-25-11 at 02:09 PM.
    10-25-11 01:14 PM
    I think one may find a reasonable argument in the fact that the phone is not remotely new, as it's been available on a VERY wide variety of other MAJOR carriers for some time now, and as such it is also not an AT&T-exclusive device. So I guess I don't see how they could justify pricing it so steeply given those circumstances.
    Not remotely new? I think even in the high paced world of technology, a phone released in August would still be considered new, or at least relatively new. If AT&T had released the 9900 in August the price would still be the same, your logic does not hold water..... $200 dollars is the going rate for a top tier smartphone, if it is too steep there are other options like the 9800/9810. I do understand your plight, maybe someone with all the extra cash you speak of will be willing to donate on to you....
    10-25-11 02:49 PM
    Torch in one hand, 9000 for another year in the other. If it were me I would be stubborn as a mule and wait (I know, olblueyez stubborn???) for the price to come down. Nobody really knows when that will happen. The 9810 is nice but abandon all hope of having any familiar feelings about it.
    10-25-11 02:57 PM
    I imagine it will take a few weeks after launch before the price will come down. You'll probably find it on Amazon Wireless in their one penny deals. They just had the Verizon 9930 for a penny. Ask me how I know.
    10-25-11 03:16 PM
    How much do you guys think it will be at full retail. I'm not eligible for an upgrade so I'll be buying it out right. I am thinking around $549
    10-25-11 03:35 PM
    How much do you guys think it will be at full retail. I'm not eligible for an upgrade so I'll be buying it out right. I am thinking around $549
    I'm thinking $599 to start with. A Suck & Suck is all about bending you over.
    10-25-11 03:52 PM
    Verizon has been way better me than at&t reception-wise. However, for my other personal lines, I'm going to stay with at&t only because they have a $15 data plan and verizons lowest is $30. With 5 lines, that is $75 per month cheaper on at&t.

Already have the MicroCells too.
    10-25-11 04:02 PM
    Lately, AT&T has been aggressive with pricing, even though the manufacturers don't give them much wiggle room. With phones like the infuse and atrix 2 at $99 with upgrade, I'm hoping they will be aggressive with the berries too. The torch 9810 has the same processor and came out the gates at $49 with contract. Main difference is NFC capability (should at&t not disable it).
    I'm hoping AT&T will extend that push for lower prices here. There's no way they'll go above $199. If they start there, look for $99 during the holidays (like the 9700).

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    10-25-11 04:22 PM
    I'm thinking $599 to start with. A Suck & Suck is all about bending you over.
    well i really want it so I'm just going to go and bite the bullet
    10-25-11 04:59 PM
1,957 ... 4142434445 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD