I realize some people will have a use for a case like that but in general I see people buying cases without considering that and for the majority of them I think they will end up having buyers remorse.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Haha, agreed. i spend more on cases than the phone.
    10-24-11 01:41 PM
    Best Blackberry holsters and cases I've found.
    Sena Cases - Designer Leather Cases : BlackBerry case, iPhone case, Treo case, iPod Touch case, and other PDA cases
    A little expensive, but if you like a leather case it's great. I've used the flip case on my 9000 and you could run over it with a car and not damage the phone. I intend to get one for my 9900 as soon as ATT releases it.
    The Magnet Flipper for the 99XX does look nice. If I were a belt-belt clip type guy I would be getting ready to hit the go button on that one!
    10-24-11 01:42 PM
    The Magnet Flipper for the 99XX does look nice. If I were a belt-belt clip type guy I would be getting ready to hit the go button on that one!
    The clip's removable.
    10-24-11 01:45 PM
    Best Blackberry holsters and cases I've found.
    Sena Cases - Designer Leather Cases : BlackBerry case, iPhone case, Treo case, iPod Touch case, and other PDA cases
    A little expensive, but if you like a leather case it's great. I've used the flip case on my 9000 and you could run over it with a car and not damage the phone. I intend to get one for my 9900 as soon as ATT releases it.
    I've used Sena cases in the past and they are top notch quality. I like the OEM pocket style case the best.
    10-24-11 01:49 PM
    According to CX's twitter account, says "Morning all. I'm hearing AT&T will announce 9900 & 9860 Rel date sometime this week".
    Nice! Thanks for the info!
    10-24-11 01:51 PM
    According to CX's twitter account, says "Morning all. I'm hearing AT&T will announce 9900 & 9860 Rel date sometime this week".
    good to hear!! thanks!! and thank you CX. I refuse to get twitter but I do admit for things like this it would be helpful...
    10-24-11 01:52 PM
    I've worked for at&t directly and indirectly a few times over the years, and rep's most certainly don't make more money off iphone sales. Apple takes most of that money, as a part of their arrangement with carriers. Granted everyone pays differently (cor, indirect, dealers, etc) but the majority of reps are paid better on BB, Android, or pretty much any other platform. Selling for at&t, I would make more on a flipphone sale than an iphone sale.
    After working 14 years in sales (Not Phones) I can tell everyone that most of the time sales people make the most money pushing the stuff that is least popular. This is because the manufacturers know when they have a hot product and profit margin is much lower on items like that. AT&T and Apple don't have to pay anyone to make the iPhone's disappear off those shelves. I would assume Android and AT&T branded devices are the highest margin devices and therefore pay out the highest commission.

I will tell you that sales people get tired of people looking at them like they have three heads when they recommend a Blackberry or Android to customers who came in looking an iPhone and because of that, and laziness, the mediocre sales people usually drift whatever way the customers are blowing.

Then you have inventory issues. You have 300 iPhone's in stock and 0 9810's, you gotta sell the customer something NOW, because if you don't then the chances of that sale showing up on your commission check at the end of the month are "Slim to None" and "Slim is Dead".
    Last edited by olblueyez; 10-24-11 at 01:59 PM.
    10-24-11 01:57 PM
    Then you have inventory issues. You have 300 iPhone's in stock and 0 9810's, you gotta sell the customer something NOW, because if you don't then the chances of that sale showing up on your commission check at the end of the month are "Slim to None" and "Slim is Dead".
    Right now its Apple who have the inventory issues. I think they are pretty much sold out of the 4s on AT&T and "sold" out of the 3gs. Not sure about the 4.
    10-24-11 02:03 PM
    The clip's removable.
    Yeah I know, but I also use a neck strap and the flap would just be in the way. I'm gonna get the Proxxon (Dremel) out and make a place for my strap to anchor.

10-24-11 02:08 PM
    Right now its Apple who have the inventory issues. I think they are pretty much sold out of the 4s on AT&T and "sold" out of the 3gs. Not sure about the 4.
    That's why they don't have to pay people to sell them. Try selling an HTC to someone who spent days on the computer reading about iPhones. You only get paid more, if they (AT&T) make more.

Its just that sometimes selling a high commission item is close to impossible and sales people need to put food on the table so selling what is easy to sell sometimes becomes the way to go for some of these folks. Plus motivation is a factor, if you have some kid living at home and driving an old car Mom and Dad gave Him/Her, then chances are they are not gonna be willing to sit and spend 1-2 hours with each customer to explain why a Blackberry might be better for an extra 20 bucks per phone.

Apple spends a tremendous amount of time and money getting their hands into everyone else's pockets. That's one of my biggest gripes with Apple.

Last edited by olblueyez; 10-24-11 at 02:22 PM.
    10-24-11 02:18 PM
    I am getting this one: works with the charging pod and looks sleek..

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...9900-a-644533/
    10-24-11 03:04 PM
    Dang you beat me to this! Thanks for the info!. I already have my BB hard case and spare battery on the way. Everything should be falling into place just right. Cant wait!
    10-24-11 04:54 PM
    too bad magpul doesn't make a case, their iphone case I've been using is awesome, doesn't add bulk at all but gives the protection of an otterbox. Oh well I'll have my bold go naked until i find a good one
    10-24-11 05:06 PM
    Now you've gone and jinxed us......
    Knock on wood!

too bad magpul doesn't make a case, their iphone case I've been using is awesome, doesn't add bulk at all but gives the protection of an otterbox. Oh well I'll have my bold go naked until i find a good one
    Yes the Magpul case is top notch. My father, my brother, and myself all use it on our iPhones and love it, but I highly doubt Magpul would consider making one for the 9900, it's not popular enough, and wouldn't be worth their resources as a weapons manufacturer to start making tons of phone cases for different models.
    10-24-11 05:14 PM
    I posted the case information in the 9900 & 9810 sections. Looks like a few people think the Otterbox Commuter is easier to use than the Defender.

You would think RIM, or somebody, would make a case with metal contacts that would fit in the charging stand or would fit in a purpose made charge stand that comes with the case. You know it would sell. There must be gillions of people who don't get the charge cradle because it doesn't work with a case.

All it would need is a notched bottom and contacts so it fits in the cradles they already. make.

Last edited by olblueyez; 10-24-11 at 06:31 PM.
    10-24-11 05:39 PM
    I posted the case information in the 9900 & 9810 sections. Looks like a few people think the Otterbox Commuter is easier to use than the Defender.

You would think RIM, or somebody, would make a case with metal contacts that would fit in the charging stand or would fit in a purpose made charge stand that comes with the case. You know it would sell. There must be gillions of people who don't get the charge cradle because it doesn't work with a case.

All it would need is a notched bottom and contacts so it fits in the cradles they already. make.

Things that make ya go ....hmmmmmmm.
    10-24-11 06:32 PM
    Knock on wood!

Yes the Magpul case is top notch. My father, my brother, and myself all use it on our iPhones and love it, but I highly doubt Magpul would consider making one for the 9900, it's not popular enough, and wouldn't be worth their resources as a weapons manufacturer to start making tons of phone cases for different models.
    I would love the Magpul case for this, the OD green would go great with my piston AR-15 with Magpul furnature!
    10-24-11 07:48 PM
    Does anyone else find it funny that with the 9900 release now on the horizon, we have shifted gears from bi$?hing about it taking so long, to what cases we should buy.... got to love Crackberry!
    10-24-11 07:52 PM
    Does anyone else find it funny that with the 9900 release now on the horizon, we have shifted gears from bi$?hing about it taking so long, to what cases we should buy.... got to love Crackberry!
    Just wait until it releases. If this thing isn't perfect in every aspect, you'll see all the threads with people crying like little school girls.
    3migo and Dammerung2010 like this.
    10-24-11 08:42 PM
    Just wait until it releases. If this thing isn't perfect in every aspect, you'll see all the threads with people crying like little school girls.
    Oh I know, we have been through a couple of releases together! Honestly I have been avoiding the forums so I do not go insane.....well any MORE insane....
    10-24-11 08:47 PM
    There must be gillions of people who don't get the charge cradle because it doesn't work with a case.
    And people like me. I'm the opposite. I don't buy cases, because I love the charging cradle and don't want to constantly remove it to charge.

Now that I see the Casemate barely there case does work with the cradle, I will likely buy a case.
    10-24-11 08:52 PM
    And people like me. I'm the opposite. I don't buy cases, because I love the charging cradle and don't want to constantly remove it to charge.

Now that I see the Casemate barely there case does work with the cradle, I will likely buy a case.
    Still no for me, I use the cradle at home and office and a pro-clips mount in the vehicles, and im pretty sure that will not work with the pro-clip....

Besides I kind of like them naked!
    10-24-11 09:06 PM
    Still no for me, I use the cradle at home and office and a pro-clips mount in the vehicles, and im pretty sure that will not work with the pro-clip....

Besides I kind of like them naked!
    I may decide to continue going naked, but at least I have the option now.
    10-24-11 09:10 PM
    We'll see posts if people have a slightly rude sales person that helps them in the store.
    10-24-11 09:20 PM
    13 more days(hopefully)
    3migo likes this.
    10-25-11 12:25 AM
1,957 ... 4041424344 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD