If you are that concerned about the camera, look at this post: BlackBerry Bold 9900 Camera Comparison | CrackBerry.com

As for the calender issue, why don't you just add your wifes schedule to your calender if it is that important?

Right now, it is expected that both the 9900 and the 9860 will both be released November 6th.
    Now you've gone and jinxed us......
    Dammerung2010 likes this.
    10-24-11 06:25 AM
    To each his own. I don't find a problem with it. People are just bent out of shape because the lack of auto focus. Whipty doo doo. If you know how to take photos, it won't be a problem. If you move around like a crack fiend, then you won't get good shots.
    I like the 9900 very much. I could have upgraded to the 9810 when it came out but have been waiting for AT&T to release the 9900 because, in my opinion, it is a superior device. Having said that, if you look carefully at the pictures on the post that you shared with us you may notice that the text on the pictures taken with the 9900 appears out of focus. This could be an issue when, for instance, going to a store and taking a picture of the specifications that appear on the box of a product that you are considering purchasing. While the quality of the camera has little weight in my decision to purchase a smartphone, lack of autofocus is still disappointing --particularly when one considers that the 9900 is RIM's top of the line smartphone.
    10-24-11 07:07 AM
    I like the 9900 very much. I could have upgraded to the 9810 when it came out but have been waiting for AT&T to release the 9900 because, in my opinion, it is a superior device. Having said that, if you look carefully at the pictures on the post that you shared with us you may notice that the text on the pictures taken with the 9900 appears out of focus. This could be an issue when, for instance, going to a store and taking a picture of the specifications that appear on the box of a product that you are considering purchasing. While the quality of the camera has little weight in my decision to purchase a smartphone, lack of autofocus is still disappointing --particularly when one considers that the 9900 is RIM's top of the line smartphone.
    Can someone please prove this wrong. I cant because i dont have the 9900, but i know it is possible bc i went to the store and did just that when i was looking at the camera.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-24-11 07:30 AM
    Can someone please prove this wrong. I cant because i dont have the 9900, but i know it is possible bc i went to the store and did just that when i was looking at the camera.

If the pictures on the post that ibcop shared with us were not typical of the performance of the Bold 9900's camera, I would be very pleased.
    10-24-11 07:38 AM
    Why moan about the camera, it isn't going to change anything. Buy the 9810 if an AF camera is so important. Right?

10-24-11 07:54 AM
    You set the camera to "text". Problem solved.
    10-24-11 08:01 AM
    If the pictures on the post that ibcop shared with us were not typical of the performance of the Bold 9900's camera, I would be very pleased.
    What pictures? I didn't post any pictures taken with a 9900/9930.
    10-24-11 08:02 AM
    Why moan about the camera, it isn't going to change anything. Buy the 9810 if an AF camera is so important. Right?

True that. Either get it or don't. I've tried the 9810....camera is good but form factor not for me.
    10-24-11 08:04 AM
    Why would you cover this amazing device with such a cumbersome case!?! I'll take my chances without a case and hope my butterfingers don't flare up anytime soon!
    10-24-11 08:27 AM
    What pictures? I didn't post any pictures taken with a 9900/9930.
    You are right! 3migo shared the following weblink: http://crackberry.com/blackberry-bol...era-comparison.
    10-24-11 08:39 AM
    Experience has taught me that any case with a raised bevel near a keypad or a touch screen is a major mistake. Not being able to access the keypad at 180 degrees or more eliminates any chance of typing fast and accurate. Having to stop an on screen swipe without being able to run your finger off the edge of the phone will greatly hinder your ability to move about and scroll. If you look at the Blackberry hard case for the 9810 you will notice it is not raised above the bezel like most of the off brand units are, there is a reason for that. Having the case above the bezel rendered the keypad on my 9000 useless, and also prevented Karen from being able to use her 9810 properly. If you look at the OEM cases Blackberry sells for the phones you will notice they never incorporate that design malfunction in their cases.

Just something you guys may wanna consider before setting fire to your money. I am fairly sure most of you who don't consider this and get a case like the Defender will just end up in the market for another case.

I am in no way trying to drag down anyone who owns a case like that but just putting it out there since it seems a lot of us will be getting new phones in the near future.

Otterbox Disabler

Blackberry Hard Shell

Blackberry Soft Shell

Last edited by olblueyez; 10-24-11 at 10:10 AM.
    Dammerung2010 likes this.
    10-24-11 09:42 AM
    Do both the defender and the commuter case have raised edges or is it just the defender case? If both of them are like that then I really think i will just get the hard shell case.
    10-24-11 10:42 AM
    Do both the defender and the commuter case have raised edges or is it just the defender case? If both of them are like that then I really think i will just get the hard shell case.
    I haven't used the Defender, but have used the Commuter with my 9700/9780 and didn't have any issues with raised edges.
    10-24-11 11:19 AM
    Experience has taught me that any case with a raised bevel near a keypad or a touch screen is a major mistake. Not being able to access the keypad at 180 degrees or more eliminates any chance of typing fast and accurate. Having to stop an on screen swipe without being able to run your finger off the edge of the phone will greatly hinder your ability to move about and scroll. If you look at the Blackberry hard case for the 9810 you will notice it is not raised above the bezel like most of the off brand units are, there is a reason for that. Having the case above the bezel rendered the keypad on my 9000 useless, and also prevented Karen from being able to use her 9810 properly. If you look at the OEM cases Blackberry sells for the phones you will notice they never incorporate that design malfunction in their cases.

Just something you guys may wanna consider before setting fire to your money. I am fairly sure most of you who don't consider this and get a case like the Defender will just end up in the market for another case.

I am in no way trying to drag down anyone who owns a case like that but just putting it out there since it seems a lot of us will be getting new phones in the near future.
    Nice points!!
    10-24-11 11:20 AM
    CAMERA THING - It's a phone first. The camera is fine. No phone including the iPhone 4S has a camera that's usable for real photography. And yes, you can use it on text at the store. I do that all the time and it's works great.

Otterbox Defender - I've had it for 4 weeks on my 9930 and if the rubber edges didn't keep coming off, it'd be a great case. So I wouldn't get it if I were you. It's poorly designed.

The Seidio holster now has the sleep magnet and looks good. I'd get that one. You can choose from two cases.
    10-24-11 11:51 AM
    No phone including the iPhone 4S has a camera that's usable for real photography.
    What is real photography?
    10-24-11 11:56 AM
    Why would you cover this amazing device with such a cumbersome case!?! I'll take my chances without a case and hope my butterfingers don't flare up anytime soon!
    I'll tell you why. 3+ years ago, I bought a 9000 and Defender case. The phone has been dropped close to 25 times, slammed in to walls, chairs, and thrown by a 3 yr old. When I took the case off a month ago, the phone was perfect. Brand new. Try dropping an uncovered 9900/9930 even once on the concrete and you'll then understand.
    10-24-11 11:58 AM
    Nice points!!
    I wasted money on a case for my 9000 when I got it and replaced it for that very reason. I got a Seideo Surface that worked great but it looks like its now two pieces and does have the raised edges.

Karen got an Incipio Feather in pink and it made her 9810 useless. I have a Blackberry 98XX Hard Shell on the way for her phone as well. Hopefully some of you guys can read this and avoid the mistakes we made. I did take a dremel and bring the lip down on the Incipio Feather so it was level with the trackpad for her 9810, it works just fine now, after hacking it up. She says its fine but I ordered the Blackberry unit anyway.

One thing I dont get about Otterbox, the quickest way for the average person to kill a phone is water in the keypad and the Commuter doesn't cover the keypad, it will survive an earthquake but the first time you get some rain your phone is just as vulnerable as the next.

Last edited by olblueyez; 10-24-11 at 12:55 PM.
    10-24-11 12:51 PM
    I believe AT&T truly believes it to be better. Every AT&T sales person directs people away from other platforms and toward the iPhone, just how Verizon pushes everyone towards Android.
    They make more money off of iPhones (data plan) than other platforms (source on that is Rene Richie, not sure where he got it from), and yes VZW reps do tend to use more Android devices (remember they only got the iPhone in January) and most of the reps I have talked to who got it after they released it are switching back to Android on their next upgrade. Android gives people choices (and I am not just talking about the whole philosophical argument which which none of us will solve here) but choices in price (which iPhone did not have on VZW until the 4 S) and form factor (which iPhone will never have). Not everyone can afford $200 or more on their phones and Android recognizes this. Not everyone wants a plain black slab -- something that the eduring power or BB is a testament to -- and Android has many other form factors to choose from. With Apple it's the old model or the new model, black or white?
    I've worked for at&t directly and indirectly a few times over the years, and rep's most certainly don't make more money off iphone sales. Apple takes most of that money, as a part of their arrangement with carriers. Granted everyone pays differently (cor, indirect, dealers, etc) but the majority of reps are paid better on BB, Android, or pretty much any other platform. Selling for at&t, I would make more on a flipphone sale than an iphone sale.
    10-24-11 12:55 PM
    Best Blackberry holsters and cases I've found.
    Sena Cases - Designer Leather Cases : BlackBerry case, iPhone case, Treo case, iPod Touch case, and other PDA cases
    A little expensive, but if you like a leather case it's great. I've used the flip case on my 9000 and you could run over it with a car and not damage the phone. I intend to get one for my 9900 as soon as ATT releases it.
    10-24-11 12:59 PM
    The ability to have optics that cost more than $1.50. A real lens.
    10-24-11 01:06 PM
    I'll tell you why. 3+ years ago, I bought a 9000 and Defender case. The phone has been dropped close to 25 times, slammed in to walls, chairs, and thrown by a 3 yr old. When I took the case off a month ago, the phone was perfect. Brand new. Try dropping an uncovered 9900/9930 even once on the concrete and you'll then understand.
    I realize some people will have a use for a case like that but in general I see people buying cases without considering that and for the majority of them I think they will end up having buyers remorse.

10-24-11 01:31 PM

shadysprings and joju58 like this.
    10-24-11 01:33 PM
    The ability to have optics that cost more than $1.50. A real lens.
    Beat me to it.

10-24-11 01:34 PM
    According to CX's twitter account, says "Morning all. I'm hearing AT&T will announce 9900 & 9860 Rel date sometime this week".
    motor96 and mnhockeycoach99 like this.
    10-24-11 01:40 PM
1,957 ... 3940414243 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD