Blackberry Hard Shell and Steinheils Ultra Clear on the way.

Now I just need to figure out an anchor point for my neck strap.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-23-11 10:21 AM
    Blackberry Hard Shell and Steinheils Ultra Clear on the way.

Now I just need to figure out an anchor point for my neck strap.

Already have my accessories.....

I love Amazon and their free two day shipping!
    10-23-11 10:47 AM
    Exciting! I was going to give my mother my upgrade but I guess not!! ill just buy her a phone from ebay it will be cheaper hahahh!
    Last edited by Elysa_38; 10-23-11 at 12:38 PM. Reason: late news
    10-23-11 12:36 PM
    My 9700 came with a holster and 2gb sd. Let's hope the 9900 does too. I am a holster freak. I couldn't have my bb without a holster.

10-23-11 12:36 PM
    Don't forget - November 6th (at 2am) is when DST ends......so just an extra hour to wait.
    AT&T probably planned it that way.... bastards.

I also just found out that my AT&T store doesn't open until Noon on Sundays.
    10-23-11 12:55 PM
    My 9700 came with a holster and 2gb sd. Let's hope the 9900 does too. I am a holster freak. I couldn't have my bb without a holster.

I know what you mean. I feel naked without my holster.
    10-23-11 01:19 PM
    AT&T probably planned it that way.... bastards.

I also just found out that my AT&T store doesn't open until Noon on Sundays.
    Yep, same time here as well.
    10-23-11 02:46 PM
    Yep, same time here as well.
    I guess I'll have to change it to a brunch party outside my local AT&T store.
    10-23-11 03:16 PM
    I guess I'll have to change it to a brunch party outside my local AT&T store.
    Rsvp'd!!!

10-23-11 03:33 PM
    10-23-11 04:30 PM
    10-23-11 04:39 PM
    I switched to ATT last year and waited as long as I could hoping they would get the BOLD 9780 (I think that's the model). They never did so I went with the Curve 3g. I wanted a BB after having an android for about 6 months. The Curve has been fine especially b/c I love the BB format. But everytime I see someone with a Bold or a Torch I have a tinge of jealousy but now, with this news I may have to bite the bullet and get the 9900. I can updgrade in Jan but, not sure I will be able to wait.

Thanks to all who have posted updates on this new BB.
    10-23-11 04:51 PM
    If it does release Nov. 6th, fingers crossed, I hope we see a leaked pic of a AT&T branded 9900. Some visual candy will be nice

10-23-11 05:40 PM
    Already have my accessories.....

I love Amazon and their free two day shipping!
    I should have gone Amazon. I got an Otterbox Defender (I'm not letting ANYTHING happen to THIS baby!) and I won't get it until Thursday.
    I should check....maybe next tine I can get my Otterbox through Amazon.
    10-23-11 06:14 PM
    so at&t is launching two devices that day nov.6.i believe the third device launches late november or early december.all three devices are manufactured by rim.
    10-23-11 07:19 PM
    I should have gone Amazon. I got an Otterbox Defender (I'm not letting ANYTHING happen to THIS baby!) and I won't get it until Thursday.
    I should check....maybe next tine I can get my Otterbox through Amazon.
    I do have Prime, so I get my goodies in two days. And you can't find anyone with cheaper prices. The Commuter is $22.40 and the Defender is $31.26. No tax and free shipping!

Commuter:
    http://www.amazon.com/Otterbox-RBB4-...bUvbUpU6792724

Defender:
    http://www.amazon.com/Otterbox-RBB2-...bUvbUpU6792724
    Last edited by ibcop; 10-23-11 at 07:32 PM.
    10-23-11 07:25 PM
    Hurray! I'm so glad for all of you I caved in and got the 9900 today. It'll be in the mail by the end of this week

Cheers!
    10-23-11 09:26 PM
    Any disadvantage to buying the 9900 from ATT's website instead of going into an ATT store? The only disadvantage I can think of is you can't see if a knuckle-head is inserting your sim card before re-boxing and handing it to you. I was planning on ordering one from their web store.
    The only main disadvantage I can see, is that when you buy online, if you have a defective unit/unsatisfactory unit, you have to deal with shipping it back and that whole return process. Whereas in the store, if you get a defective unit, you just immediately hand it back to them, and exchange it for another.
    10-23-11 10:55 PM
    I find myself turning over issues I've tried to ignore since I first became a blackberry user. I use a blackberry by choice, with a Mac, not because work told me I needed one. I've always wished to add another calendar to my calendar app, to show my wife's work schedule. I want to do this without making up an email account I don't need. Can we do this on the new Bold?

Has anyone tried out the camera, and found it to be swell? It's hard for me to evaluate it while it's tethered to a display in the store.

Being over-due for a new phone, I was hoping by now that I wouldn't have to make compromises again. I don't want an iphone, but it can have multiple calendars, for family members etc. The camera is first rate too. And now I hear of conflicts with icloud.

I know what I want, but I don't know if I can get it all in this new 9900. I can't wait for the QNX next year. I've waited so long already. It's either a 9900 or iphone, and the latter makes me feel so, uh, emasculated.

I think those two things are my two most current concerns. Ironically, years ago I chose an 8820 because it didn't have a camera.
    The iPhone isn't the only other option outside Blackberry... You could go with an Android handset like the Samsung Galaxy S2, or the soon to be Samsung Galaxy Nexus (coming in November), or you could go for a Windows Phone 7 handset.

You have to go with what works for you, and if a Blackberry doesn't work for you, you shouldn't be getting one.
    10-23-11 11:26 PM
    Has anyone seen anything along the lines of a legit extended battery for the 9900/9300?
    10-23-11 11:51 PM
    If you are that concerned about the camera, look at this post: BlackBerry Bold 9900 Camera Comparison | CrackBerry.com

As for the calender issue, why don't you just add your wifes schedule to your calender if it is that important?

Right now, it is expected that both the 9900 and the 9860 will both be released November 6th.
    10-24-11 12:03 AM
    Does anyone know if the BB 9900 on AT&T will have anything fixed/added to the hardware? I remember there was some speculation as to fixing certain things such as the auto focus on the camera and that they were working on other little things - unsure about this... any more information on this?
    10-24-11 12:42 AM
    Does anyone know if the BB 9900 on AT&T will have anything fixed/added to the hardware? I remember there was some speculation as to fixing certain things such as the auto focus on the camera and that they were working on other little things - unsure about this... any more information on this?
    It is unlikely that a carrier will have a hardware feature not available to other carriers. Hopefully, the refresh on which RIM is rumored to be working for the Bold 9900/9930 will not only have an improved camera but also the BBX OS.
    10-24-11 05:34 AM
    If you are that concerned about the camera, look at this post: BlackBerry Bold 9900 Camera Comparison | CrackBerry.com

As for the calender issue, why don't you just add your wifes schedule to your calender if it is that important?

Right now, it is expected that both the 9900 and the 9860 will both be released November 6th.
    The camera on the 9900/9930 is a disappointment.
    10-24-11 05:35 AM
    The camera on the 9900/9930 is a disappointment.
    To each his own. I don't find a problem with it. People are just bent out of shape because the lack of auto focus. Whipty doo doo. If you know how to take photos, it won't be a problem. If you move around like a crack fiend, then you won't get good shots.
    Last edited by ibcop; 10-24-11 at 06:24 AM.
    10-24-11 06:21 AM
1,957 ... 3839404142 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD