Hype caused by Apple marketing, tech bloggers and the media in general, magnified by happy customer's word of mouth. For better or for worse Apple devices have the highest or among the highest customer satisfaction.

Where I work I have only seen ONE customer actually return an iPhone and he didn't get a Android device he went back to his old flip phone. OTOH, I've seen numerous customers get Android phones (two Inspire's and an Infuse) who later came back and exchanged them for iPhones. I Did however have a customer "upgrade" his iPhone 4 to an Infuse today
    I will be "upgrading" from an iPhone 3GS to the 9900 once AT&T provides it.
    10-21-11 12:37 AM
    You going to stay a dual carrier?
    Yup...I'll get one of their "myfi" thingies along with the phone.

I'll keep the unlimited data plan on AT&T for the iPhone 4S when that comes out unlocked. I'll drop the voice down as far as I can (450 minutes?) and use that primarily for the data and for travel abroad. I've got some travel coming up to merry ol' England.

Good question ;-)

And congrats for taking your fate into your own hands

Thank you!!! Maybe AT&T refusing to give me back my unlimited data on this line that is now Verizon's, after having an air card on it for just a few months, was the best possible thing for me. I was paying $280+ a month on all my lines and my air cards, and they refused to give me back my unlimited on the one line....so....OK.....I walk.
    Got a better plan with unlimited voice and my choice of what data I need. On a BB that is low because of compression. Plus the discounts for the feds...with AT&T I only got 15%, nothing off the data and nothing off accessories.
    Last edited by Qbnkelt; 10-21-11 at 03:24 AM.
    10-21-11 03:18 AM
    This is a good point, and I think this is where Microsoft will be able to gain a nice edge with WP7. They will have devices that use a prettier UI, and simple OS, with many different form factors, and prices.

Even RIM offers more options than Apple does. I don't understand why so many people are drawn to the iPhone, it always seems behind the competition.
    Not everyone wants a phone the size of a tablet. Many people find Android inconsistent and confusing (e.g. two email clients, why???). Apple build and screen quality are top notch. Anyone with a Mac or large iTunes collection will be drawn to iPhone?
    10-21-11 07:22 AM
    Phonegeek or crucial_extreme - any idea of when and or if att will release the torch 9860?
    10-21-11 08:16 AM
    If the 9860 comes out 11/6...
    10-21-11 09:18 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-tuned-663168/

Coming soon! Well an announcement at least.
    KNIGHTRIDER likes this.
    10-21-11 09:57 AM
    Posted about an hour ago:

Twitter
    10-21-11 11:21 AM
    WOW!!!! Awesome!!!
    Had two seconds of "should I have waited for AT&T" just now!
    But I'm really happy with my Verizon plan, so....all's good!
    Enjoy your 9900, ibcop!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by Qbnkelt; 10-21-11 at 11:34 AM.
    10-21-11 11:29 AM
    WOW!!!! Awesome!!!
    Had two seconds of "should I have waited for AT&T" just now!
    But I'm really happy with my Verizon plan, so....all's good!
    Enjoy your 9900, ibcop!!!

Oh, I'm sporting the 9930 like you are!! I am loving it!
    YourMobileGuru likes this.
    10-21-11 12:31 PM
    So initially I said Nov 6th based on the info I received from my 'source'. Well I just subtly asked for some clarification, and it looks like the info came straight from R.. I mean the top.. not sure if I should spell it out but you can prob figure it out. That's all I have for now, but my confidence is certainly growing. Now I just need to start working on my 'source' to make sure I get one asap.
    10-21-11 03:05 PM
    So initially I said Nov 6th based on the info I received from my 'source'. Well I just subtly asked for some clarification, and it looks like the info came straight from R.. I mean the top.. not sure if I should spell it out but you can prob figure it out. That's all I have for now, but my confidence is certainly growing. Now I just need to start working on my 'source' to make sure I get one asap.
    Hey Ralphy!!! Thanks!
    10-21-11 04:08 PM
    Not everyone wants a phone the size of a tablet. Many people find Android inconsistent and confusing (e.g. two email clients, why???). Apple build and screen quality are top notch. Anyone with a Mac or large iTunes collection will be drawn to iPhone?
    My brother always makes the same argument, that he has a Mac because it works better with his iPhone... Which just isn't true... An iPhone will work just the same on windows as it would with a Mac.

I wouldn't want a phone the size of a tablet, but a 4-4.5 inch screen is something I wouldn't mind.
    10-21-11 06:29 PM
    9860 Should hit around the same time. It also was TA'd on 10/17...

PG
    KNIGHTRIDER and 3migo like this.
    10-21-11 06:52 PM
    Oh, I'm sporting the 9930 like you are!! I am loving it!
    OMG, you're right!!!1 I forgot!!!! Yah, it's awesome
    10-21-11 07:20 PM
    My brother always makes the same argument, that he has a Mac because it works better with his iPhone... Which just isn't true... An iPhone will work just the same on windows as it would with a Mac.
    Actually, I have found that an iPhone does work better with a Mac. For example, iCloud on Windows works with Outlook, but it isn't all that good. iCloud doesn't use the default Calendar, Contacts, etc. but instead adds a secondary Calendar, Contacts, etc. That means that Outlook doesn't work quite like it was designed to work (Today doesn't pick up the iCloud Calendar for starters). On a Mac, iCloud integrates perfectly with the native Calendar, etc.
    10-21-11 07:53 PM

I wouldn't want a phone the size of a tablet, but a 4-4.5 inch screen is something I wouldn't mind.
    Actually I am making the opposite argument. I have a Mac and an iPad. I switched to the iPhone from a BB in part because I already had a Mac and an iPad and could see how much better iOS devices work with Mac OS X compared to BB OS devices.
    10-21-11 08:03 PM
    thats good news.but now everyone has an iphone.a lot of folks have made the jump from bb to iphone.at starbucks-iphones.of course women but men too now.i don't see that many androids as i see apples.
    10-21-11 08:22 PM
    Wow.. First official word from AT&T. Pumped!! Its time to give the 9700 a rest.

10-21-11 08:57 PM
    depends on how soon is now lmaoo..
    10-21-11 09:00 PM
    Actually, I have found that an iPhone does work better with a Mac. For example, iCloud on Windows works with Outlook, but it isn't all that good. iCloud doesn't use the default Calendar, Contacts, etc. but instead adds a secondary Calendar, Contacts, etc. That means that Outlook doesn't work quite like it was designed to work (Today doesn't pick up the iCloud Calendar for starters). On a Mac, iCloud integrates perfectly with the native Calendar, etc.
    Perhaps they do work better with Macs, but I have had no troubles using them with my Windows PC, especially because I don't use iCloud at all. And due to my hatred of OSX, I will never own a Mac unless I have to use one for work.

Before I got this iPhone, I actually went into the AT&T store with the intention of buying the Bold 9000, and the sales man steered me away and talked me into the iPhone. After that I didn't see any BB's that had that same wow factor that had drawn me to the 9000, until I saw the 9900.
    10-21-11 09:33 PM
    But that's the point, Android phones come in all shapes and sizes. Yes the more high end ones these days are all pushing 4+ inches but not all of them are that big. I remember a time when many of us thought the Bold 9000 was HUGE. Now it is considered moderate sized.

The two email clients are for GMail and everything else. You don't HAVE to use both if you don't want to but the full blown app email all has features you loose routing your pop/smtp/imap mail through Gmail, and the Gmail app has features you would loose if you routed your gmail account through the stock email client.

Downloading the free program Double Twist negates the iTuns advantage and I believe some OEM's have their own programs that do the same thing.
    10-21-11 10:01 PM
    Yup...I'll get one of their "myfi" thingies along with the phone.

I'll keep the unlimited data plan on AT&T for the iPhone 4S when that comes out unlocked. I'll drop the voice down as far as I can (450 minutes?) and use that primarily for the data and for travel abroad. I've got some travel coming up to merry ol' England.

Thank you!!! Maybe AT&T refusing to give me back my unlimited data on this line that is now Verizon's, after having an air card on it for just a few months, was the best possible thing for me. I was paying $280+ a month on all my lines and my air cards, and they refused to give me back my unlimited on the one line....so....OK.....I walk.
    Got a better plan with unlimited voice and my choice of what data I need. On a BB that is low because of compression. Plus the discounts for the feds...with AT&T I only got 15%, nothing off the data and nothing off accessories.
    Sounds like a WIN WIN WIN for you then
    10-21-11 10:07 PM
    Good to hear this news, plan on selling my iphone4 to cover most of the cost of a new bold without contract
    10-21-11 11:22 PM
    I have a feeling AT&T is going to be rather surprised about the sales of the 9900.
    10-21-11 11:23 PM
    I have a feeling AT&T is going to be rather surprised about the sales of the 9900.
    I agree. I'll be there first thing that Sunday morning to get one. I'm curious how many AT&T users either jumped ship to Verizon, Sprint, or Tmobile to get the 9900/9930.. or purchased an unlocked version.
    DeeNiceJones likes this.
    10-21-11 11:28 PM
1,957 ... 3637383940 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD