So far, Verizon has been wonderful. No issues at all with customer service. They helped me get my discount and even applied it to my first bill. They are waving my activation fee. They gave me a $50 discount on my phone. They have all spoken English and have at least acted like they want to help. Much, much better than my experience with AT&T.
    Yep they did the exact same thing for my friend a couple weeks ago. VZW can add your discounts on the spot if you have the info. AT&T makes you call a number later and it can take up to two additional billing cycles.

And yes speaking clear English when you call a call center is definitely an advantage over AT&T where that was not always the case when I was with them before.

Wait till you get "a load" of VZW customer service. You will lament the day you signed up with those fukers. I hope you can get the service you need with T-Mobile, Sprint, or one of the others.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Never a problem in 4 years that could not be fixed by asking.

I was told in my AT&T store today, by two separate reps, that the Bold would be available on November 6th. They said they had no word on pricing yet, but November 6th was a definite release date as far as they know.

This was in the corporate store on 86th St and 3rd Ave in New York, NY.
    Corporate store reps don't get any more advanced info than when the press release is sent out they get notice they are getting it. Either they are talking out of their @$$es or they are repeating something they read on the Internet

Also common sense: if Nov 6 were the date they devices would already be in production by now and CX has indicated that they are still waiting on final TA. Since it's custom hardware RIM wont start building them until they are absolutely sure they wont need to make more changes.
    10-18-11 11:18 AM
    I was in my local Corporate Store a week ago. I asked the Manager if he any news about the 9900, he said...."The what? never heard of it. we really don't know anything about new phones until about a week before they come in." My guess is that, that is probably right on the money information.

10-18-11 12:22 PM
    PG or CX... where are you with an update? It is almost 3 pm CDT and I'm tired of hitting refresh.... :-D
    10-18-11 02:59 PM
    PG or CX... where are you with an update? It is almost 3 pm CDT and I'm tired of hitting refresh.... :-D
    It must not be good news.
    10-18-11 03:47 PM
    You have to remember the standard work week... he's most likely still at the office or just arriving home. Give the guy some time, he'll update us when he can.
    10-18-11 05:05 PM
    You have to remember the standard work week... he's most likely still at the office or just arriving home. Give the guy some time, he'll update us when he can.

Sorry.. I am just getting tired of waiting. If the TA is approved, at least I know it will be coming SOON..
    10-18-11 05:12 PM
    Nothing from CX and nothing from PG.
    Discouraging.
    10-18-11 05:18 PM
    Nothing from CX and nothing from PG.
    Discouraging.
    Keep the faith!!
    10-18-11 05:59 PM
    I'm hearing it was accepted but have been busy today so haven't had time to check. Will post back when I'm 100%. Right now I'm at say 75%.

10-18-11 07:00 PM
    I'm hearing it was accepted but have been busy today so haven't had time to check. Will post back when I'm 100%. Right now I'm at say 75%.

Giddy up and thanks!
    10-18-11 07:02 PM
    I hope that their predictions are true. I'm going for it first day it comes out. Tired of waiting... Hopefully we'll get some more good news this week

10-18-11 07:24 PM
    Finally gave up and switched to Verizon... AT&T lost another customer.
    YourMobileGuru likes this.
    10-18-11 08:07 PM
    You ATT folks had the original Bold for so long (i.e., a premium BlackBerry device), when for example Verizon never got ANY Bold until the 9930 of course. You were spoiled... and now you complain and moan all day.

Just kidding I would be pissed too, waiting this long, especially after Vzw and Sprint's release. Go out, get it, and enjoy the pos.
    10-18-11 08:25 PM
    You ATT folks had the original Bold for so long (i.e., a premium BlackBerry device), when for example Verizon never got ANY Bold until the 9930 of course. You were spoiled... and now you complain and moan all day.

Just kidding I would be pissed too, waiting this long, especially after Vzw and Sprint's release. Go out, get it, and enjoy the pos.
    The 9930 isn't the first Bold that Verizon had... Verizon got the 9650.
    10-18-11 08:44 PM
    Folks one person told me today that he was "pretty sure" that it was TA'd yesterday. I haven't posted that before because I was attempting to get a more solid confirmation.

That hasn't come yet so wanted to tell you what I know...

PG
    3migo, motor96 and skdebisingh like this.
    10-18-11 08:44 PM
    The 9650 was never a Bold, it was a gimmick. In other words, nothing but a marketing scam. Lots of Verizon customers know this... by the Bold, I mean the original ATT style Bold form factor and design. The 9650, in case you never noticed, is nothing but a Tour 9630 with a trackpad slapped on it. Sure, it has more memory than the tour, and a faster processor (I think....), but it is entirely misleading to call it a Bold. The Bold was a long established top of the line RIM device for a long time, before the 9650.

So when the 9650 was released, imagine how many people were confused.... when just before release they were awaiting a new generation CDMA device.
    10-18-11 09:04 PM
    The at&t Bold 9000 was and is still the Rolls Royce of smart phones. I love my 9930 but my deactivated 9000 sitting on my desk is a work of art. Have no idea what to do with it.
    10-18-11 09:40 PM
    The at&t Bold 9000 was and is still the Rolls Royce of smart phones. I love my 9930 but my deactivated 9000 sitting on my desk is a work of art. Have no idea what to do with it.
    Exactly.

10-18-11 09:57 PM
    Still putting miles on the rolls here. It's sad that we have to wait this long, I'm just itching to upgrade as I've had this 9000 basically since it came out; I know many others are in my exact situation. No way I'm getting rid of it though this thing is a beast. One thing we can hope for is that the AT&T 9900 won't have the software and hardware problems the other ones seem to have (at least from looking at the forums) and that something more stable will be released. of course they are going to load that **** up with bloatware but that's what we have to put up with I guess...I'd switch in an instant if i wasn't tied to a business account with AT&T...
    10-18-11 10:50 PM
  20. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    ATT Bold 9900 looks very imminent!! ... Its an amazing phone!!

.. been using it since August 8th (Rogers)! .. you will love it! .... Piano Keyboard is a work of art!
    10-18-11 10:55 PM
    The 9650 was never a Bold, it was a gimmick. In other words, nothing but a marketing scam. Lots of Verizon customers know this... by the Bold, I mean the original ATT style Bold form factor and design. The 9650, in case you never noticed, is nothing but a Tour 9630 with a trackpad slapped on it. Sure, it has more memory than the tour, and a faster processor (I think....), but it is entirely misleading to call it a Bold. The Bold was a long established top of the line RIM device for a long time, before the 9650.

So when the 9650 was released, imagine how many people were confused.... when just before release they were awaiting a new generation CDMA device.
    i agree with you, 9650 is more a Tour then Bold, so i always called it a Tour2
    10-18-11 10:57 PM
    True but I am not sure anyone would really call the 9650 a "premium" device lol
    10-18-11 11:38 PM
    I've been lucky enough to own nothing but BOLDS

9000 ---> 9700 ----> 9780 ---> 9900
    10-19-11 12:05 AM
    Finally gave up and switched to Verizon... AT&T lost another customer.
    i'm with You on joining Big Red. got my 9930 yesterday.
    but i'm still with AT&T, heck i have an iPhone 4 and BlackBerry Torch with AT&T.
    the way AT&T treated my Playbook with the bridge issue left a very bad taste on my mouth.
    10-19-11 12:27 AM
    True but I am not sure anyone would really call the 9650 a "premium" device lol
    I don't think anybody referred to the 9650 as a premium device. In a post above, I referred to the original ATT Bold (9000) being a premium RIM device.
    10-19-11 01:07 AM
1,957 ... 3233343536 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD