1. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Relax .. its coming out VERY SOON!!!
    10-15-11 11:53 AM
    I visited a few at&t stores yesterday while I was out running around. Other than the iPhone 4S, you wouldn't know they sold anything else. There is no sign of a 9900 at all. No buzz, no rumors, no displays, no side conversations with secret info. Just nothing.

Then check out at&t' website. The front page has a huge iPhone 4S picture, then cycle's through a Sharp phone, Samsung, HTC, and even a Palm Pixi!!. But no BlackBerries at all.

Verizon's had the 9930 for over 2 months now. Do you all have a final date you will wait for before moving to Verizon, Sprint, or T-mobile? Or go to iPhone? or Android? What are your back ups plans?
    10-15-11 11:54 AM
    I visited a few at&t stores yesterday while I was out running around. Other than the iPhone 4S, you wouldn't know they sold anything else. There is no sign of a 9900 at all. No buzz, no rumors, no displays, no side conversations with secret info. Just nothing.

Then check out at&t' website. The front page has a huge iPhone 4S picture, then cycle's through a Sharp phone, Samsung, HTC, and even a Palm Pixi!!. But no BlackBerries at all.

Verizon's had the 9930 for over 2 months now. Do you all have a final date you will wait for before moving to Verizon, Sprint, or T-mobile? Or go to iPhone? or Android? What are your back ups plans?
    I've been an A Suck & Suck customer for many years and up until about 6 months ago, I've never had any problems. But now I get continuous dropped calls and call failed while at home. I am on the outer edge for the 3G signal and if I didn't use a MicroCell, I'd either get "edge" or "SOS" for signal. I have lodged many complaints with them for all the dropped calls and just recently contacted the "Office of the President" to rectify it. Either fix it, or release me from my contract (I have 5 lines and only two are under contract). I get the normal "AT&T does not guarantee coverage" line when I call. Then they tell me they won't waive the ETF's and claim "AT&T does not waive early termination fees"......not much common sense here - no signal and no answers but won't let me leave? But regardless, I have done everything they have asked of me - trouble shooting the MicroCell, all the phones, internet, etc. They claim it's the device - but a BB, Iphone, and HTC are all screwy? I doubt think so. I do have my eye on the Galaxy S2 but waiting on resolution from AT&T. I may have to suck it up and just cancel. Service is important, not just the device.
    10-15-11 12:05 PM
    Relax .. its coming out VERY SOON!!!
    The "very soon" horn has been tooting for months now.
    10-15-11 12:07 PM
    I've been an A Suck & Suck customer for many years and up until about 6 months ago, I've never had any problems. But now I get continuous dropped calls and call failed while at home. I am on the outer edge for the 3G signal and if I didn't use a MicroCell, I'd either get "edge" or "SOS" for signal. I have lodged many complaints with them for all the dropped calls and just recently contacted the "Office of the President" to rectify it. Either fix it, or release me from my contract (I have 5 lines and only two are under contract). I get the normal "AT&T does not guarantee coverage" line when I call. Then they tell me they won't waive the ETF's and claim "AT&T does not waive early termination fees"......not much common sense here - no signal and no answers but won't let me leave? But regardless, I have done everything they have asked of me - trouble shooting the MicroCell, all the phones, internet, etc. They claim it's the device - but a BB, Iphone, and HTC are all screwy? I doubt think so. I do have my eye on the Galaxy S2 but waiting on resolution from AT&T. I may have to suck it up and just cancel. Service is important, not just the device.
    I feel ya. I have that white and orange MicroCell at home, office, and my friends have them too. It really makes you wonder why the heck we would choose a carrier that has such bad coverage. I recently picked up a 9930 from Verizon and it has 5 bars at every location I have a Microcell. I can actually hold a continuous conversation from my house, driving on the streets, freeway, and to my desk at office without dropping. (Yes, I understand this is for where I use the phone)

Your comment about Service is important is so true. After all, it's a phone first.
    10-15-11 12:43 PM
    The "very soon" horn has been tooting for months now.
    Today was one of the hardest/most tempting days to switch from AT&T. Took the family to the mall and saw the 9900/9930 demos at all of the Tmob, Verizon, and Sprint stores. I went into the Tmobile store and played with a live version of the 9900 and almost walked out with it.. The phone is sooooo awesome. I hope PG, CX, and other posters are right and that it will be release on AT&T between Nov 6th and Nov 20th. Lets just hope that TA on the Monday goes well.

PG,
    please share any news on the TA (hopefully of the good kind) as soon as you can. I know I have anxiously waiting for the release of the 9900 for what seems like an eternity....and days like today don't make the wait any easier.
    10-15-11 10:28 PM

My final date was Oct 14th. I am guessing you can deduce my backup plan.
    10-15-11 10:58 PM
    Does Siri work well?
    10-16-11 12:29 AM
    I can't wait any longer, with Verizon offering the 9930 for a penny ( through Amazon wireless ) it's hard to pass up. And the offer will end tomorrow.
    I have my reliable Torch and iPhone 4 ( iOS5 upgraded) with AT&T anyway.
    10-16-11 01:48 AM
    why not order a unlocked 9900? if your worried about warranty you can get it via RIM... thats what I did nd it works perfect HSPA+ and all
    10-16-11 02:03 AM
    How do u buy one through Rim? BTW i found CX on twitter thanks! Oh and correction on how you had spelled it, Its actually Crucial_Xtreme
    10-16-11 02:50 AM
    I'm waiting it out. I'm playing with my Atrix again and with the 3GS I'm borrowing, so playing with them is keeping me from focusing too much on the release date for the 9900.
    I imagine that if I've waited this long I can wait a bit longer!!!
    10-16-11 04:36 AM
    I'm waiting it out. I'm playing with my Atrix again and with the 3GS I'm borrowing, so playing with them is keeping me from focusing too much on the release date for the 9900.
    I imagine that if I've waited this long I can wait a bit longer!!!
    You don't have the 9810?
    10-16-11 09:48 AM
    Today was one of the hardest/most tempting days to switch from AT&T. Took the family to the mall and saw the 9900/9930 demos at all of the Tmob, Verizon, and Sprint stores. I went into the Tmobile store and played with a live version of the 9900 and almost walked out with it.. The phone is sooooo awesome. I hope PG, CX, and other posters are right and that it will be release on AT&T between Nov 6th and Nov 20th. Lets just hope that TA on the Monday goes well.

PG,
    please share any news on the TA (hopefully of the good kind) as soon as you can. I know I have anxiously waiting for the release of the 9900 for what seems like an eternity....and days like today don't make the wait any easier.
    Holy heck! I had to fight it yesterday - I almost went to Verizon to switch all my lines....but still fighting with A Suck & Suck over coverage?call failed/dropped calls issues at home.

How is the 4s? Did you have an Iphone 4 prior to the 4s?

I can't wait any longer, with Verizon offering the 9930 for a penny ( through Amazon wireless ) it's hard to pass up. And the offer will end tomorrow.
    I have my reliable Torch and iPhone 4 ( iOS5 upgraded) with AT&T anyway.
    Thanks for the info.....gonna take a look!
    10-16-11 09:51 AM
    why not order a unlocked 9900? if your worried about warranty you can get it via RIM... thats what I did nd it works perfect HSPA+ and all
    RIM has a one year warranty - but that means you have to send it off for repair and that typically will take a few weeks. I'd rather get it from a local carrier just in case I get a poor build, issues, etc. You don't know what you get until you get the box and open it with the unbranded version. Just because it's unbranded doesn't mean the build quality is perfect/acceptable.
    10-16-11 09:53 AM
    I feel ya. I have that white and orange MicroCell at home, office, and my friends have them too. It really makes you wonder why the heck we would choose a carrier that has such bad coverage. I recently picked up a 9930 from Verizon and it has 5 bars at every location I have a Microcell. I can actually hold a continuous conversation from my house, driving on the streets, freeway, and to my desk at office without dropping. (Yes, I understand this is for where I use the phone)

Your comment about Service is important is so true. After all, it's a phone first.
    In my case, I haven't had any issues up until about 5 -6 months ago, and it has progressively gotten worse. Last time I was on with tech, I dropped the call no less than 6 times - at least he called me back after each drop. So many calls to AT&T and they want to do a "network test" to see if any towers are out. Yeah, blow some more smoke up my a s s. I think they would know if any towers are out or experiencing difficulty without have to send some one to my area to check.
    10-16-11 09:58 AM
    How is the 4s? Did you have an Iphone 4 prior to the 4s?
    I did not have an iPhone prior to the 4s (my previous phone was a 9700). My wife had an iPone 4 and we both had 1st gen iPads so I was very familiar with iOS.

The 4s is as the reviews have indicated, basically a much faster 4. I did opt for the 64GB as I found the 32GB on my wife's 4 to be not quite enough. I still have a BES BB through work and don't plan to replace it with Goodlink on my iPhone. However the main drivers for me in switching my personal phone were:

Irritation with BIS
    iOS 5
    Lack of a 9900 on AT&T
    QNX announcements
    10-16-11 12:41 PM
    The conspiracy theorists speculate #3 is planned. Perhaps due to margins being higher on iPhones, internal politics, 9810... If the 9900 drops on 11/20 it will be a hoot. I hope it does. Then we'll have a whole gaggle of 9900 truthers to tease. Only having a couple of ATT insiders to troll is less rewarding.
    10-16-11 02:23 PM
    You don't have the 9810?
    Oh, absolutely!!! Just got this back when my niece got her 4S!
    10-16-11 02:29 PM
    i just hope that the Bold Touch doesn't get the same sentence as the 9780 got.
    there were a lot of field test but still, AT&T decided not to release the device.

i'm done with the waiting game.. well not quite yet.. expected delivery of MY VZW 9930 is on Wednesday.
    10-16-11 02:30 PM
    Welcome to big red! I got my father to grab a 9930 on VZW and if all goes well, he will be moving his family plan from AT&T to Verizon.
    10-16-11 03:38 PM
    Welcome to big red! I got my father to grab a 9930 on VZW and if all goes well, he will be moving his family plan from AT&T to Verizon.
    Thanks,
    but we won't be leaving AT&T anytime soon. The wife is enjoying the new iPhone 4S and i'm holding on to my reliable Torch and iphone 4.
    10-16-11 03:55 PM
    Funny, I got my final bill from AT&T yesterday. Opened it, paid it off, and breathed a sign of relief. Oh, and I also got a "Please don't leave us" letter from AT&T in a separate mailing offering to make me happy if I would just come back. Hm... since I didn't see in the letter (1) anything about having customer service reps that cared even in the slightest and (2) better coverage where I am, I figured they weren't trying hard enough.

I have no problem walking away from AT&T. I am also researching alternative telephone options for my office so I can get away from AT&T there as well. That's my last connection to them and will be thrilled to see it go.
    10-16-11 04:02 PM
    Thanks,
    but we won't be leaving AT&T anytime soon. The wife is enjoying the new iPhone 4S and i'm holding on to my reliable Torch and iphone 4.
    I just switched back in June left sprint and its night and day. Att service has been better than expected. Customer service has been great also.The 9810 is really fast on H+ and After having cdma I think GSM is a much better network. JMO
    10-16-11 07:09 PM
    My job requires me to travel a lot, sometimes in the middle of nowhere ( yeah, even here in the states there's a middle of nowhere) and i learned my lesson the hard way.
    Carrying 2 phones on the same network..are 2 useless phones without a network in the middle of a dessert.
    that's why i'm having 2 networks on my pocket.
    10-16-11 07:13 PM
1,957 ... 3031323334 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD