No more needing to argue. CX tweeted awesome news about 9900 coming in November since the TA is final.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-12-11 08:23 PM
    YEAAAAAHH will have to just wait!!! specially for official firmware realease from att
    Last edited by jav1563; 10-12-11 at 09:08 PM.
    10-12-11 08:54 PM
    ^ ummmmmmmmmm what?
    10-12-11 08:57 PM
    I was on AT&T a week ago. Im now on Verizon with the Bold 9930. Thank you Verizon for taking the steps to make things happen properly lol
    YourMobileGuru likes this.
    10-12-11 09:09 PM
    I was on AT&T a week ago. Im now on Verizon with the Bold 9930. Thank you Verizon for taking the steps to make things happen properly lol
    Might wanna update your CB profile
    Terrigno likes this.
    10-12-11 09:13 PM
    Might wanna update your CB profile
    Just did lol. And I remember you quite well. Back in the ol days of my BlackBerry use. I was basically on AT&T with the 9700 then switched to all Android Devices. Now I came back to Verizon specifically to feed back the BlackBerry addiction lol
    10-12-11 09:15 PM
    Just did lol. And I remember you quite well. Back in the ol days of my BlackBerry use. I was basically on AT&T with the 9700 then switched to all Android Devices. Now I came back to Verizon specifically to feed back the BlackBerry addiction lol
    Irony of ironies is that three yars ago I added a line on AT&T (never left VZW) specifically for the Bold 9000 (VZW never got it) and now three years later VZW get's the best BB on the market BEFORE AT&T LOL
    Terrigno likes this.
    10-12-11 09:21 PM
    What possible reason could he have to lie? He works for RIM not AT&T, and by telling us as much as he is he is technically violating an NDA (non disclosure agreement), risking his job; and if he produces "proof" (pics, internal documents, etc.) he would be further violating his NDA and since things like that tend to be restricted to only those who need to know, he would be taking an even further risk of being caught. Some of us might not always agree with his views on things or like the things he tells us because it is not what we want to hear, but factually CX has virtually always been accurate.

The AT&T Bold 9000 had a different HW rev than the Rogers one that is a fact (research the old forum threads from three years ago if you don't believe it), so the fact that it is happening again is completely plausible and probable. AT&T IS a hodgepodge of GSM and I believe TDMA networks acquired from the various small companies they have bought out over the years that have been "integrated" to work together but with vastly different hardware and firmware versions. Rogers does not have this problem.

I'm not defending AT&T, they should have made it a higher priority and devoted more resources to it than they have been so it could launch at roughly the same time as the other carriers but that's water under the bridge and we have to deal with the now. For NOW they are getting closer to having something they are comfortable releasing and people should be thanking CX for keeping us informed (he is by no means required to do so), not giving him the third degree.
    CX profile says he's from NC. Is that true? Does RIM have a NC office where they do engineering? BTW, I never said CX was lying (never!). I'm confident he's not telling intentional lies. I've just seen it too many times where people talk and tell 2 friends and so on and so on.... The end result is not entirely accurate.

Anyway, TDMA is long gone and AT&T long ago converted all towers to GSM. Doesn't change the fact that AT&T is still left with a mess. I know engineers with TMo and Sprint and they both tell me that AT&T is sometimes a sloppy mess at co-located towers.

Surprising? Not to me.
    Last edited by claykin; 10-12-11 at 09:33 PM.
    10-12-11 09:31 PM
    CX profile says he's from NC. Is that true? Does RIM have a NC office where they do engineering? BTW, I never said CX was lying (never!). I'm confident he's not telling intentional lies. I've just seen it too many times where people talk and tell 2 friends and so on and so on.... The end result is not entirely accurate.
    I wont pretend to know the specifics of those things or his employment situation but he provides info about devices for ALL carriers and has ever since I started reading this site in 2008 which would be unlikely if he worked for one single carrier. From what he has posted I have always amused he was a RIM device field tester.

Why are you pressing for details that he is not at liberty to give? From what I have seen CX is accurate in the high 90-something percentile, so I doubt what you are describing is even close to the right track. He cant always give us specifics and we need to be okay and respect that.
    10-12-11 09:54 PM
    I know engineers with TMo and Sprint and they both tell me that AT&T is sometimes a sloppy mess at co-located towers.
    LMAO now that is absolutely the funniest thing I have read in all the trolling you've done in this thread...

TMO and Sprint are the absolute worst at tower maintenance (of the major carriers) in the industry.

PG
    10-12-11 09:54 PM
    LMAO now that is absolutely the funniest thing I have read in all the trolling you've done in this thread...

TMO and Sprint are the absolute worst at tower maintenance (of the major carriers) in the industry.

PG
    And your experience in tower maintenance please...
    10-12-11 10:11 PM
    trolling
    I don't troll! I seek the truth.

Frustrated by narrow minded thinkers...and followers.

Keep signing your 2 year deals with the evil deathstar.
    Last edited by claykin; 10-12-11 at 10:17 PM.
    10-12-11 10:15 PM
    I'm just curious, claykin, why do you care? You don't have at&t and already have this phone.
    10-12-11 10:19 PM
    So........where do you fit-in to this equation exactly?

If the shoe fits...
    10-12-11 10:25 PM
    I'm just curious, claykin, why do you care? You don't have at&t and already have this phone.
    Very true. However I want to know the reasons for the supposed hardware upgrade CX is discussing. Will this supposed hardware change impact carriers with a normal network?
    10-12-11 10:27 PM
    So........where do you fit-in to this equation exactly?
    Seeking the truth. Nothing more.
    10-12-11 10:28 PM
    Seeking the truth. Nothing more.
    I don't think so, you just trolling. Just be a happy camper, no need all those disbelieves, and telling people who's happy with at&t negative things. So far tmobile fails in every way compare to at&t. This is truth.
    10-12-11 10:44 PM

Kinda looks like frustrated arguing of everything to me...

You could go and look at CX and PG track record of accurate info...

But hey... keep up the truth seeking if its going to make ya feel better. If you aren't happy with responses here maybe try elsewhere? Or something?

Only a suggestion... you seem frustrated.
    10-13-11 01:29 AM

So you come into a forum and immediately challenge respected members of the community with no understanding of their track record. People who truly "seek the truth" find their place in the truth they are seeking, learn all pertinent information, then truly seek, coming from a place of understanding.
    Instead, you choose to challenge members whose combined experience providing information on the forum and whose backgrounds you don't know at all. That would have been fine, challenging is good. But you have taken on a decidedly arrogant tone against people who, frankly, know more about Blackberry releases in AT&T that you will learn in the next month if you devoted all your time to exclusively learning facts, 24/7.
    A definition of an internet troll is someone who comes on, posts provocative rhetoric, assumes an arrogant I-know-better-than-the-experts tone, and challenges community members whose expertise in the subject matter (in this case BB releases on AT&T) far outweighs anything you could possibly imagine. Now look at your posts on this thread. Now try to tell me that they're not textbook examples of trollish posts.

You've got a lot to learn. Keep your head down, accept others' information, and save what's left of your dignity. You've made quite an impression in your first 150 or so posts.
    10-13-11 02:54 AM
    Very true. However I want to know the reasons for the supposed hardware upgrade CX is discussing. Will this supposed hardware change impact carriers with a normal network?
    In English, I am assuming you are asking if the hardware update for AT&T on the 9900 will have an impact on carriers "With a normal network"?

My question to you is "Why would it"?

Make sure your reasons are sound, because I will debunk a pile of dog $hit if it is offered up as solid reasoning as it pertains to the question you asked.

Ok, Clay?

BTW: I hate the word "decidedly". It doesn't sound intelligent when people use that word. "You have taken on a decidedly arrogant tone" or "You have decided to use an arrogant tone",, What do you guys think? I dont remember ever seeing that word in school during the 70's and 80's. Was I absent that day?
    Last edited by olblueyez; 10-13-11 at 03:09 AM.
    10-13-11 03:02 AM
    So you come into a forum and immediately challenge respected members of the community with no understanding of their track record. People who truly "seek the truth" find their place in the truth they are seeking, learn all pertinent information, then truly seek, coming from a place of understanding.
    Instead, you choose to challenge members whose combined experience providing information on the forum and whose backgrounds you don't know at all. That would have been fine, challenging is good. But you have taken on a decidedly arrogant tone against people who, frankly, know more about Blackberry releases in AT&T that you will learn in the next month if you devoted all your time to exclusively learning facts, 24/7.
    A definition of an internet troll is someone who comes on, posts provocative rhetoric, assumes an arrogant I-know-better-than-the-experts tone, and challenges community members whose expertise in the subject matter (in this case BB releases on AT&T) far outweighs anything you could possibly imagine. Now look at your posts on this thread. Now try to tell me that they're not textbook examples of trollish posts.

You've got a lot to learn. Keep your head down, accept others' information, and save what's left of your dignity. You've made quite an impression in your first 150 or so posts.
    Would this be the classic "crash and burn" for claykin?
    10-13-11 06:31 AM
  22. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    very excited that ATT users will very shortly finally be able to buy and experience the Bold 9900!!

... I have been using it since August 8th on the ROgers network and through travels all over the world and its amazing! ...truly! .. very professional! ...can't put it down! ...

Enjoy your experience!
    10-13-11 06:38 AM

OK maybe I shouldn't have lumped everyone together as narrow minded thinkers...followers. Sorry for that misstatement to the whole group. BTW, I've been a member of CB for years. Just didn't post much as my previous BB devices didn't drive me here for anything.

You are entitled to your opinion, but I am not trolling. I never said I know better. I offered some options only after I couldn't get a straight answer from CX. IMO, if someone goes out and makes a specific claim, be ready to back it up. Thats obviously not the case here and I'll...drive on.

BTW, I am not speaking from zero knowledge. I've worked in the CE space and had a few first hand experiences where a lack of engineering understanding (or just lack of information) caused incorrect conclusions to be drawn. Sometimes wildly incorrect. I'm not saying CX is incorrect, just offering up some other options that could be incorrectly classified as a hardware change.

Maybe one day we will see a teardown of the AT&T and non-AT&T device to learn what really caused the delay.

Hopefully AT&T subscribers get the 9900 as CX is describing.
    Last edited by claykin; 10-13-11 at 07:28 AM.
    10-13-11 07:17 AM

PG

PG-
    Can you elaborate on the status of the 9900? I'm curious as to how long formal acceptance is going to take? Once that happens, generally how long does it take to get the phones to market? Any feedback on this would be greatly appreciated.
    10-13-11 09:02 AM
    PG-
    Can you elaborate on the status of the 9900? I'm curious as to how long formal acceptance is going to take? Once that happens, generally how long does it take to get the phones to market? Any feedback on this would be greatly appreciated.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...x-re-t-659297/
    mnhockeycoach99 likes this.
    10-13-11 09:25 AM
1,957 ... 2829303132 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD