Why would a Verizon customer care?
    Solidarity with our AT&T BB brethren for one..
    10-10-11 08:27 PM
    check out the link below. End of November as this source has been pretty good with the information.....sucks for me being with AT&T.

http://crackberry.com/leaked-wireles...beats-and-more

If you read the rest of this thread you will see that this has been discussed extensively and consensus seems to be that even if it was accurate at the time it came out (which is questionable -- The 9800 was right but others listed have been wrong), that it probably isn't anymore.
    10-10-11 08:40 PM
    dang I love rollover. I dont understand why other carriers dont do it. And why ATT hasnt advertised for it. Its amazing..
    Because the average cel phone user only uses about 200 billable minutes a month with free nights and weekends and now with unlimited any mobile if you have the unlimited texting it is no doubt even less. On the surface rollover is a nice thing to have but in practice is is more of a gimmick. When I dropped AT&T a year ago (I had phones on both carriers) I had something like 6000 rollover minutes which incidentally you louse after a year.
    10-10-11 08:47 PM
    Because the average cel phone user only uses about 200 billable minutes a month with free nights and weekends and now with unlimited any mobile if you have the unlimited texting it is no doubt even less. On the surface rollover is a nice thing to have but in practice is is more of a gimmick. When I dropped AT&T a year ago (I had phones on both carriers) I had something like 6000 rollover minutes which incidentally you louse after a year.
    i have two at&t devices on the family plan so rollover minutes is little less then 11000 mins, and it comes over from last year and didn't lose any, so go figure. even though i'll lose them..who cares since never talk that much on the phone, all i do is emails and bbms
    10-10-11 08:56 PM
    i have two at&t devices on the family plan so rollover minutes is little less then 11000 mins, and it comes over from last year and didn't lose any, so go figure. even though i'll lose them..who cares since never talk that much on the phone, all i do is emails and bbms
    I work for an indirect retailer selling AT&T and Verizon, so this is something I explain to people every day. AT&T rollover minutes expire after 12 months. Each month they take any minutes you use from your rollover balance first (starting with the oldest) before using your current month's allotment. Each month any rollover minutes that are more than 12 months old expire. This is explained in the fine print of your brochure and contract.
    Last edited by VZWRocka; 10-10-11 at 09:10 PM.
    10-10-11 09:08 PM
    AT&T is taking way too long
    On that I think we can all agree 100%!!!!
    10-10-11 09:15 PM
    AT&T is taking way too long
    I don't think anyone will argue with that statement.
    10-10-11 09:16 PM
    i give up, just bought an unlocked unbranded one, can't wait
    YourMobileGuru likes this.
    10-10-11 09:26 PM
    Amazing how at&t will have the iPhone 4S ready and certified this week, I mean it was just announced last week!! 9900 was announced in May for Christ's sake.

Plain and simple at&t is screwing RIM over (again) to keep all positive light on Apple. I hope someday RIM can return the favour to the carriers that screwed them over.
    3migo and DJLILM like this.
    10-10-11 09:38 PM
    Because my family plans will go from 100 mins to 1,200 mins on any given month, rollover is a lifesaver. I can sign up for a cheaper plan, accumulate mins on slow months and have at it during the busy months. There is no question that this is a benefit for most. If you use the exact same amount every month, then not so much.
    10-10-11 09:51 PM
    I work for an indirect retailer selling AT&T and Verizon, so this is something I explain to people every day. AT&T rollover minutes expire after 12 months. Each month they take any minutes you use from your rollover balance first (starting with the oldest) before using your current month's allotment. Each month any rollover minutes that are more than 12 months old expire. This is explained in the fine print of your brochure and contract.
    I'm not arguing on this buddy, I just shared facts that i see in my monthly statements, i know those minutes will not last forever, what you saying that every months that makes sense. My plan is 1400 mins each months for two pones combined and we spending most out of those mins some 150-200
    10-10-11 10:29 PM
    Not necessarily any month's over 12 months expire, just that same month 12 months prior will expire. But most people will add some in at the same time. It's just cyclical.

Also, those rollover minutes can really bank up now. On AT&T, the unlimited text packages come with unlimited minutes to any cell phone on any carrier. I've seen some 3000 minute family pans go down to 700 min fam plans.
    10-10-11 10:52 PM
    I honestly believe, if AT&T released this before iPhone 4s, they would have retained SO many more BB users.

Now BB users are itching.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-10-11 11:18 PM
    I honestly believe, if AT&T released this before iPhone 4s, they would have retained SO many more BB users.

and when the novelty wares off a good chunk of them will be back with a vengeance. We're seeing that now with people ditching iOS and Android devices for new BB7 handsets because they just work better for them. I wouldn't get too wrapped up in it.
    10-11-11 12:05 AM
    #667 of pure speculation. keep it going! how about we start posting random pictures just to keep this thread interesting and don't stop until at&t releases 9900. Pictures have to be interesting though.
    10-11-11 12:09 AM
    Amazing how at&t will have the iPhone 4S ready and certified this week, I mean it was just announced last week!! 9900 was announced in May for Christ's sake.

Plain and simple at&t is screwing RIM over (again) to keep all positive light on Apple. I hope someday RIM can return the favour to the carriers that screwed them over.

To the both of you, theres a reason why the 9900 you get on AT&T will have a different HW revision number than other users here on CB. You also won't have problems like the phone going completely dead unable to load a new OS. And there's many other problems with the 9900's.

And I surely hope you don't think the iPhone 4S has anything to do with the 9900's release. Trust me, RIM has NEVER sold One Million devices in 24hrs in it's entire existence, and I'm not talking about just one device like Apple, I'm talking about it's entire lineup combined in a 24hr period. So please don't think one "held" up the other. The 9900 is good, but it's not that good.

As for the 9900 on AT&T, AT&T has sent word to RIM that TA for said device is coming soon. AT&T likes the new HW & 440, which is what will ship on AT&T 9900's unless there's problems with TA, which there shouldn't be.
    mnhockeycoach99 and 3migo like this.
    10-11-11 12:45 AM
    To the both of you, theres a reason why the 9900 you get on AT&T will have a different HW revision number than other users here on CB. You also won't have problems like the phone going completely dead unable to load a new OS. And there's many other problems with the 9900's.

And I surely hope you don't think the iPhone 4S has anything to do with the 9900's release. Trust me, RIM has NEVER sold One Million devices in 24hrs in it's entire existence, and I'm not talking about just one device like Apple, I'm talking about it's entire lineup combined in a 24hr period. So please don't think one "held" up the other. The 9900 is good, but it's not that good.

As for the 9900 on AT&T, AT&T has sent word to RIM that TA for said device is coming soon. AT&T likes the new HW & 440, which is what will ship on AT&T 9900's unless there's problems with TA, which there shouldn't be.
    Show us some proof that you are speaking from fact and not fiction.

Are you trying to tell us that AT&T does a better job testing handsets than say....Verizon and Vodaphone? I don't think so. Not by any stretch. AT&T released the 9800 when the software was so unbelievably buggy and they could care less. All they cared about was the fact they had an exclusive on the touchscreen Torch.

They couldn't get an exclusive on the 9900 so they stuck with the 9810 until RIM would agree to lower the price to a point where AT&T would bite. Maybe the HW revision you are referring to is a cost reduction, not really an improvement. I am speculating BTW.
    10-11-11 12:56 AM
    AN OPEN INVITATION FOR FELLOW CRACKBERRY USERS TO DROP ATT

Saudi_king has dropped ATT. They will never release the BlackBerry Bold. I'm telling you. Switch now. Despite being loyal to my wireless company of many years, my loyalty ended when they crossed me by not releasing the new Bold. I waited months, just like many of you.

You NEED the new Bold 9930.

New carrier: SPRINT

Upgrade from ATT 9700 to Sprint 9930 Complete! Termination fee paid. Wasn't much.

Wake up folks. Its not going to happen. ATT dropped the ball. They did it with the
    Bridge App for Playbook at launch, and they've done it with the BB7 Bold.

Pictures attached
    • ATT Bold 977 w/ Sprint BB7 Bold 9300
    • The box
    • You have an NFC Reader/Writer: so cool!
    • Wikitude Augmented Reality
    • Thin phone profile
    • Keyboard is super spiffy, fast to type and multitask with a touchscreen

My Experience Switching
    I went to a local Sprint store. Told them I was dumping ATT.
    Make sure you have an Aol/Aim email account handy, you'll get a good discount on your monthly service. There are discounts for AARP, AAA members etc. Talk to the rep, he's human. He'll hook you up.
    Plans are straightforward. Go with unlimited data.

You'll want to port your number.
    Call the Sprint customer service center.
    Request to port your number.
    Provide your ATT login details.
    After they put in a request, your ATT service is cancelled automatically.
    They put the request through, and within an hour your phone is fully set up!
    Call ATT, inform them they messed up BIG time. They will send you a bill in the mail, which you'll pay later on.
    Simple.

I can't describe how amazing this new phone is. Battery life lasted me the whole day. User-interface is responsive. Notifications: fabulous. GPS, Compass, Augemented Reality, multimedia. The sound coming from the speaker is heaven. Listen to your tunes like never before.

Oh yeah, this BlackBerry 9930 includes Documents to Go Premium. Full Spreadsheet, Word, Powerpoint support. Create files from your device. Browse PDF's too. I should have gotten this phone sooner. My productivity is up, and I'm getting more done in less time.

Its totally worth it. I recommend you don't wait another day.
    Join me on the other side. Its better here.

saudi_king
    Last edited by saudi_king; 10-11-11 at 01:15 AM. Reason: content
    10-11-11 01:10 AM

They couldn't get an exclusive on the 9900 so they stuck with the 9810 until RIM would agree to lower the price to a point where AT&T would bite. Maybe the HW revision you are referring to is a cost reduction, not really an improvement. I am speculating BTW.
    Respectfully, you don't know what you are talking about here. AT&T has an exclusive on the slider Torch line in the US because they participated in the design of the handset (much as Verizon had the Storms and Sprint had the Style for as long as that lasted). Exclusivity on the Bold, Curve, or the all touch Torch was never an option.

If the hardware revision were a cost reduction (ie removing features) or adding something new (like the front facing camera someone speculated about earlier in the thread) it would get a new device model number (i.e. 9910) not just a hardware revision.

Also as far as what the phone sells for that is entirely up to the carrier. They could sell of for a penny if they wanted to it would just mean a higher subsidy on the device itself and less profit.

All of these conspiracy theories are just that conspiracy theories, nothing more.... wow never thought I would find myself defending AT&T :-/
    Dammerung2010 likes this.
    10-11-11 01:11 AM

You just said the two letters I've been wanting to see... TA.
    Hope that occurs soon, a release before october finishes (if it happens) would be great considering I think expectations from everyone is later.
    10-11-11 01:38 AM
    Show us some proof that you are speaking from fact and not fiction.

Are you trying to tell us that AT&T does a better job testing handsets than say....Verizon and Vodaphone? I don't think so. Not by any stretch. AT&T released the 9800 when the software was so unbelievably buggy and they could care less. All they cared about was the fact they had an exclusive on the touchscreen Torch.

I've been here long enough that I have nothing to prove. I'm wrong from time to time, but I'm right much more. Thats this industry. As for AT&T and the 9900, you'll see. Never mind that I'm helping Niko21 on twitter because his Rogers 9900 just went dead out of the blue for no reason. Hey, forget all the threads on CB claiming their 9900 bricked itself. They're just dumb users and it's all on them. Hey while we're at it, let's forget the 9000 and the fact MANY carriers released it as buggy as can be, while AT&T waited months. Yeah man, it's just me. No real reasons here. AT&T was worried the 9900 would outsell the iPhone 4S.... LOL

Edit: No matter how buggy the 9800 may have been, it was NEVER close to the 9530 on Verizon my friend. At least get your facts straight

Respectfully, you don't know what you are talking about here. AT&T has an exclusive on the slider Torch line in the US because they participated in the design of the handset (much as Verizon had the Storms and Sprint had the Style for as long as that lasted). Exclusivity on the Bold, Curve, or the all touch Torch was never an option.

If the hardware revision were a cost reduction (ie removing features) or adding something new (like the front facing camera someone speculated about earlier in the thread) it would get a new device model number (i.e. 9910) not just a hardware revision.

Also as far as what the phone sells for that is entirely up to the carrier. They could sell of for a penny if they wanted to it would just mean a higher subsidy on the device itself and less profit.

All of these conspiracy theories are just that conspiracy theories, nothing more.... wow never thought I would find myself defending AT&T :-/
    TYVM. Nothing is being added. Only fixed.

You just said the two letters I've been wanting to see... TA.
    Hope that occurs soon, a release before october finishes (if it happens) would be great considering I think expectations from everyone is later.
    Yessir, 440 did the trick and TA is coming soon.
    10-11-11 02:01 AM
    This might be a dumb question, but what is "TA"?
    Dammerung2010 likes this.
    10-11-11 05:32 AM
    TA - Technical acceptance. Comes after test and evaluation. Depending on a company's lifecycle management, the last step before a launch or release. VERY CLOSE now.

CX - don't bother explaining yourself. Your track record speaks for itself, man. Reason I stalk you!!!
    10-11-11 06:05 AM
    TA - Technical acceptance. Comes after test and evaluation. Depending on a company's lifecycle management, the last step before a launch or release. VERY CLOSE now.
    Thank you

10char
    10-11-11 06:07 AM
    I've been here long enough that I have nothing to prove. I'm wrong from time to time, but I'm right much more. Thats this industry. As for AT&T and the 9900, you'll see. Never mind that I'm helping Niko21 on twitter because his Rogers 9900 just went dead out of the blue for no reason. Hey, forget all the threads on CB claiming their 9900 bricked itself. They're just dumb users and it's all on them. Hey while we're at it, let's forget the 9000 and the fact MANY carriers released it as buggy as can be, while AT&T waited months. Yeah man, it's just me. No real reasons here. AT&T was worried the 9900 would outsell the iPhone 4S.... LOL

Edit: No matter how buggy the 9800 may have been, it was NEVER close to the 9530 on Verizon my friend. At least get your facts straight

TYVM. Nothing is being added. Only fixed.

Yessir, 440 did the trick and TA is coming soon.
    CX

Please don't take my comments personally. We're having constructive conversation. Thats it! I understand you have Forum Moderator status and have been very much a regular around here. I would also like to think someone of your CB status would post comments about hardware revisions to fix bricking phones if they had proof that such a hardware revision was required and in the works. Am I correct in that you are speculating as well?

My thinking is that if a hardware revision was really necessary to 'fix" issues, why would Vodaphone continue to release the 9900 in more countries and why would Orange UK release it, all in the last few days. Wouldn't RIM want to hold back for this supposed revision to ship? Why continue to ship "faulty" hardware. It doesn't make sense to me.

If AT&T really (and very surprisingly) held off due to the 9900 failing their internal testing, why would .440 be the fix they need for the 9900? For the Torch, .261 seemed to be OK for AT&T to release and since the hardware of these two phones is very similar except for PCB layout, LCD and housing, I wonder how this all makes sense.

Finally, regarding the 99xx bricking thread(s) on CB, maybe there is a race condition in the older OS versions that causes the reboot loops. I also think some of this is caused by rogue 3rd party apps. I had a bad experience after installing WiFi Manager. Also one user pointed out he used his 1.8A Playbook charger to charge his 9930. Probably not a good idea even if RIM included protection from overcharging/overcurrent.

Last, I will give you props for pointing out Verizons lovely Storm 1 product. Yeah, they missed the mark on that one.

My 2 cents.
    10-11-11 07:23 AM
1,957 ... 2526272829 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD