check out the link below. End of November as this source has been pretty good with the information.....sucks for me being with AT&T.

http://crackberry.com/leaked-wireles...beats-and-more

10-08-11 11:45 AM
    Seriously, why are you all torturing yourselves waiting for at&t? There are many options.
    10-08-11 11:46 AM
    Seriously, why are you all torturing yourselves waiting for at&t? There are many options.
    Because I want one that works with VVM, and, even though I plan to buy off contract, I'd like somewhere to go if there are problems with the phone.
    10-08-11 11:48 AM
    Because I want one that works with VVM, and, even though I plan to buy off contract, I'd like somewhere to go if there are problems with the phone.
    I didn't want to give up my rollover minutes, but what can you do? Wanted the 9900/9930 more.
    10-08-11 12:02 PM
    I didn't want to give up my rollover minutes, but what can you do? Wanted the 9900/9930 more.
    dang I love rollover. I dont understand why other carriers dont do it. And why ATT hasnt advertised for it. Its amazing..
    10-08-11 12:22 PM
    In that regard, I don't want Verizon, plus Sprint and T-mobile have horrible reception in my area
    10-08-11 12:40 PM
    I stopped in an at&t store in NYC and was told that the bold 9900 now has a release date of Nov. 6th. I've gotten no other confirmation than what the sales rep in the store said, but he seemed generally knowledgeable about the devices and the plans so I'd trust him over some of the other people I've spoken with.

AT&T Mobility
    350 Park Ave Store
    10-08-11 04:40 PM
    In that regard, I don't want Verizon, plus Sprint and T-mobile have horrible reception in my area
    Since it's a phone, that's the #1 criteria, reception. Verizon is clearly better where i live, drive, and work. I will never have loyalty to a carrier, they have zero loyalty back.
    10-08-11 05:15 PM
    I stopped in an at&t store in NYC and was told that the bold 9900 now has a release date of Nov. 6th. I've gotten no other confirmation than what the sales rep in the store said, but he seemed generally knowledgeable about the devices and the plans so I'd trust him over some of the other people I've spoken with.

AT&T Mobility
    350 Park Ave Store
    For what it's worth, I was told the same thing today at the Savannah corporate store - but take that as you will. I don't bet on it until the official announcement.
    10-08-11 07:08 PM
    For what it's worth, I was told the same thing today at the Savannah corporate store - but take that as you will. I don't bet on it until the official announcement.
    The fact that two stores across the country both said the same date is actually very promising. It may still be about a month away, but it's sooner than Nov. 20th.
    10-08-11 07:11 PM
    Already got my bold 9900 love it and giving it a try of the leak .440... all I want from ATT is a better firmware for this monster so it cant last longer on the go.... thats all i ask from att XD just leak the newest software.... and delay the phone launch whatever you want! XD
    10-08-11 09:43 PM
    Just to add to the speculation, since we're now all waiting with bated breath for the start of November, but does anyone have any idea of a price-point? I'd seen some mentions (other carriers, I believe) of something in the $350 ballpark for an upgrade with contract, but am desperately hoping that's not the case.

Early Nov I can get a 9810 for $0 -- but I'd so much rather have the 9900, even if I need to pony up some (but not THAT much) cash. I currently have the 9700, and would much prefer to stick with the same (wonderful) form factor, and the improvements sound amazing.

Any ideas, rumors, or theories?
    10-09-11 12:45 AM
    Just to add to the speculation, since we're now all waiting with bated breath for the start of November, but does anyone have any idea of a price-point? I'd seen some mentions (other carriers, I believe) of something in the $350 ballpark for an upgrade with contract, but am desperately hoping that's not the case.

Early Nov I can get a 9810 for $0 -- but I'd so much rather have the 9900, even if I need to pony up some (but not THAT much) cash. I currently have the 9700, and would much prefer to stick with the same (wonderful) form factor, and the improvements sound amazing.

Any ideas, rumors, or theories?
    I'm betting on $250.
    10-09-11 12:57 AM
    I'm betting on $250.
    Ouch, do you really think that much?

I know AT&T tries to get that kind of $$$ for iPhones even if you're willing to sign your life away for 2 years, but I was hoping the BB would be different. When the 9700 was brand new it was only around $50/$0 if you were lucky. At that price I may end up with the 9810 after all. :-\
    10-09-11 01:33 AM
    I'd say $199 with the upgrade and $599 full price. If not, wait a few weeks and the price will drop just like it did with all the others carriers. I mean the Iphone 4GS is at the $199 price point. A Suck & Suck!
    10-09-11 06:57 AM
    I'd say $199 with the upgrade and $599 full price. If not, wait a few weeks and the price will drop just like it did with all the others carriers. I mean the Iphone 4GS is at the $199 price point. A Suck & Suck!
    *If* the release date is early November I will definitely wait until the holidays. Since I used my upgrade for the 9810 I'll be buying it outright. Been waiting this long, I can wait a few more weeks.

Right....that's the plan.....
    10-09-11 07:22 AM
    *If* the release date is early November I will definitely wait until the holidays. Since I used my upgrade for the 9810 I'll be buying it outright. Been waiting this long, I can wait a few more weeks.

Right....that's the plan.....
    We both know you'll be in line on release day, just like I will be!
    10-09-11 10:15 AM
    Hmmm as far as a work around plan, we were discussing buying a 9810 for 50 bucks and then selling on ebay to help cover the cost of a rogers 9900.. So I have the rogers and I'm trying to figure out best way to cover for my 9900..

I know the iphone 4s was just announced. Would it be a better plan to buy one of those and then sell it on ebay? I don't know much they get jacked up on ebay in the first few days of being sold.. Anyone know??

Because that might be a better plan and one I might partake in the next week or so.. OR should I wait until att finally gets this beast and sell the rogers or the att 9900 on ebay? Dang the options!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-09-11 11:56 AM
    Hmmm as far as a work around plan, we were discussing buying a 9810 for 50 bucks and then selling on ebay to help cover the cost of a rogers 9900.. So I have the rogers and I'm trying to figure out best way to cover for my 9900..

I know the iphone 4s was just announced. Would it be a better plan to buy one of those and then sell it on ebay? I don't know much they get jacked up on ebay in the first few days of being sold.. Anyone know??

Because that might be a better plan and one I might partake in the next week or so.. OR should I wait until att finally gets this beast and sell the rogers or the att 9900 on ebay? Dang the options!!

The 9810 costs less upfront, but they are going for the $400 range on eBay. I'm sure the 4s will generate some good cash, but after you factor in the up front costs, it may be a wash as far as actual profit. If you do the 4s, don't let them open the box, unless they have to.....maybe you can get more money with it being sealed.
    10-09-11 02:41 PM
    We both know you'll be in line on release day, just like I will be!
    I'll be in line the day BEFORE release day
    10-09-11 09:25 PM
    I will wait for the early adopters to dime out ATT for feature suppression, see if any of my mission critical apps are supported in OS7 yet, then make the call. I use my phone for work. Having the shiniest brick is of no use to me.
    10-10-11 06:00 PM
    Having the shiniest brick is the thing that sets me apart at work.

10-10-11 06:41 PM
    I will wait for the early adopters to dime out ATT for feature suppression, see if any of my mission critical apps are supported in OS7 yet, then make the call. I use my phone for work. Having the shiniest brick is of no use to me.
    "Shiniest brick?" You would know by now if your "mission critical apps" are supported.
    10-10-11 07:13 PM
    Looks like someone didn't read the thread to which he has replied.
    To sum up what he missed:

* AT&T has yet to announce anything about this phone other then a mention in the slider Torch press release that the all touch Torch and Bold are coming soon
    * The most probably internal target date seems to be Nov 20 which comes from a leaked RIM document pro-porting to have info from AT&T. The doc was right about the slider Torch on AT&T, but wrong about most of the other phones. We have no idea how static this date was at the time and even if it was how much it has changed since then.
    * There has been a lot of discussion about conspiracy theories about the delay mostly having to do with wanting to wait till after iPhone 5 (err 4S), and to allow the slider Torch (an AT&T exclusive) to shine first.
    * According to the two insiders in the thread the phone itself hasn't passed AT&T's internal testing yet. The fact that the phone works fine on there network when bought unlocked from RIM or another carrier (ie Rogers) is explained away by the complexity of AT&T's network given that it is such a jurry rigged mess of networks acquired from the companies that they bought up, but didn't invest the money or effort at the time to standardized the equipment to the rest of their network. They just hot wired them to connect to each-other and called it a day at the time. Now they are being bit on the derriere for that.
    * The aforementioned insiders have said that the release date has been pushed back yet again from whatever it was before (which of course we don't know about). Basically they need to test the phones on all of these network combinations to make sure they run well; and since actually upgrading their network to all standard equipment would cost so much money that they are including this in their fou "4G" (HSPA+) roll-out, so for now they are making RIM make hardware and software changes to the phone before they will release it so that Jo Schmo in some remote town in Louisiana or somewhere will have the same quality of service as someone like BGR in New York. I realize this is a generalization, and CX can feel free to correct me if I am wrong but I think that is the gist of it.

At this point the subject of the thread seems to be inaccurate and a more accurate one would be something like "Bold 9900 AT&T Release -- The Waiting Continues"

At this point it is beginning to look like closer to the end of the year or possibly later depending on how long it takes RIM to submit the requested changes and AT&T to test them.
    Last edited by VZWRocka; 10-10-11 at 08:09 PM.
    10-10-11 08:06 PM
    To sum up what he missed:

* AT&T has yet to announce anything about this phone other then a mention in the slider Torch press release that the all touch Torch and Bold are coming soon
    * The most probably internal target date seems to be Nov 20 which comes from a leaked RIM document pro-porting to have info from AT&T. The doc was right about the slider Torch on AT&T, but wrong about most of the other phones. We have no idea how static this date was at the time and even if it was how much it has changed since then.
    * There has been a lot of discussion about conspiracy theories about the delay mostly having to do with wanting to wait till after iPhone 5 (err 4S), and to allow the slider Torch (an AT&T exclusive) to shine first.
    * According to the two insiders in the thread the phone itself hasn't passed AT&T's internal testing yet. The fact that the phone works fine on there network when bought unlocked from RIM or another carrier (ie Rogers) is explained away by the complexity of AT&T's network given that it is such a jurry rigged mess of networks acquired from the companies that they bought up, but didn't invest the money or effort at the time to standardized the equipment to the rest of their network. They just hot wired them to connect to each-other and called it a day at the time. Now they are being bit on the derriere for that.
    * The aforementioned insiders have said that the release date has been pushed back yet again from whatever it was before (which of course we don't know about). Basically they need to test the phones on all of these network combinations to make sure they run well; and since actually upgrading their network to all standard equipment would cost so much money that they are including this in their fou "4G" (HSPA+) roll-out, so for now they are making RIM make hardware and software changes to the phone before they will release it so that Jo Schmo in some remote town in Louisiana or somewhere will have the same quality of service as someone like BGR in New York. I realize this is a generalization, and CX can feel free to correct me if I am wrong but I think that is the gist of it.

At this point the subject of the thread seems to be inaccurate and a more accurate one would be something like "Bold 9900 AT&T Release -- The Waiting Continues"

At this point it is beginning to look like closer to the end of the year or possibly later depending on how long it takes RIM to submit the requested changes and AT&T to test them.
    From what I read (a CX tweet thread), RIM was to deliver the final 9900 firmware update to A Suck & Suck last week, although I have no clue if this actually occurred.
    10-10-11 08:20 PM
1,957 ... 2425262728 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD