Why does it matter if he is with Verizon? Maybe he wants to come to AT&T. Maybe a family member has AT&T and wants the 9900. Or a friend. There could be a magnitude of reasons why he follows and posts in this thread.
    I think we can eliminated your first suggestion, he just bought a 9930.
    10-05-11 04:15 PM
    The number of sales of the iphone 4 has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that the iphone4s is the "same" device as the iphone4 in the same way the the torch is the "same" as the torch 2 or the 9700 is the "same" as the 9780. They are all just updated versions of their predecessor.

ETA: you still seem to be missing the point. BB did it and was bashed for doing so, now that Apple is doing it, it seems to be accepted and defended.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

From what I'm seeing, most opinions are that Apple did drop the ball this time. There are the normal iSheep defenders, but the tech blog community is pretty clear that they all expected more from Apple.
    10-05-11 04:30 PM
    10-05-11 05:45 PM
    Probably AT&T asking for RIM to alter the NFC antenna so that AT&T can charge customers to use it.
    Last edited by 3migo; 10-05-11 at 05:51 PM.
    YourMobileGuru likes this.
    10-05-11 05:46 PM
    So he couldn't go to two carriers - like you are?
    10-05-11 06:03 PM
    Probably AT&T asking for RIM to alter the NFC antenna so that AT&T can charge customers to use it.
    I wouldn't be shocked if this were the case.

10-05-11 06:24 PM
    Correct. I did. However, the rest of my family is on AT&T and is interested in the 9900. Additionally, I only recently left AT&T for Verizon and am interested to see this play out.
    10-05-11 07:37 PM
    Hey I appreciate the concern a verizon customer has for us lowly att peeps.. Gosh why is it so wrong for someone to feel empathy?

10-05-11 09:58 PM
    Hey I appreciate the concern a verizon customer has for us lowly att peeps.. Gosh why is it so wrong for someone to feel empathy?

I was not aware it was wrong.
    10-05-11 10:26 PM
    Let it go.....and lets get back on track
    10-05-11 10:40 PM
    A real track has turns
    3migo likes this.
    10-06-11 12:08 AM
    I feel like the guy in that episode of "The Twilight Zone" where the guy finds the pocket watch that "Stops Time" so he walks into a bar and "Stops Time" and begins to rob people as they are frozen in time,,...

He drops the watch and breaks it, realizing he is the one who is locked in time,,...

Well we are waiting for a phone that was announced about six months ago. I feel like a WebOS user.
    3migo and YourMobileGuru like this.
    10-06-11 08:12 AM
    Well we are waiting for a phone that was announced about six months ago. I feel like a WebOS user.
    At least RIM isn't dead... Yet...
    10-06-11 07:24 PM
    At least RIM isn't dead... Yet...
    RIM did $20Billion+ in revenue last year. How are they dying?
    10-06-11 11:06 PM
  15. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Upcoming quarter for RIM should be very good! .. the os7 models are selling well .. still have AT&T launch! ... UK just underway now ... Bold 9900 "sold out" there

... and Playbook 2.0 / Devcon in less than two weeks!!
    10-06-11 11:18 PM
    Upcoming quarter for RIM should be very good! .. the os7 models are selling well .. still have AT&T launch! ... UK just underway now ... Bold 9900 "sold out" there

... and Playbook 2.0 / Devcon in less than two weeks!!
    It will be great for Blackberry fans, but most of the world isn't going to take notice, most people don't even know the Playbook or the 9900 exist.
    10-07-11 05:44 PM
    RIM did $20Billion+ in revenue last year. How are they dying?

I mean I am no financial wizard but RIMM is down 60% year-to-date...I remember having there stock 3 years ago and they were floating around $65/share, there under $25 now. I love blackberry and have had them for over 6 years. I am still holding on strong, but they need to figure something out and fast. (Apples revenue was $63.5Billion, to put it in perspective)

I've been waiting for months now for 9900 AT&T, I might pull the trigger on a playbook this weekend.
    10-07-11 06:30 PM
    I mean I am no financial wizard but RIMM is down 60% year-to-date...I remember having there stock 3 years ago and they were floating around $65/share, there under $25 now. I love blackberry and have had them for over 6 years. I am still holding on strong, but they need to figure something out and fast. (Apples revenue was $63.5Billion, to put it in perspective)

I've been waiting for months now for 9900 AT&T, I might pull the trigger on a playbook this weekend.
    RIM stock has gone down but so has the rest of the market. Google stock is down but they are as strong as ever. Apple is the second largest company by market cap next to Exxon-Mobil, so if they did $63B, then RIM's $20B is pretty impressive. How many companies can do $20B out there.

I agree they aren't doing great, but they are far far from going away.
    10-07-11 07:55 PM
    I haven't looked at their respective revenues, but if Apple had $63B I think Rim's $20B is pretty impressive, given their market cap is ~$11B compared to Apple's $345B

However, I don't think comparing the total revenues of both companies is very useful. They mostly sell different products/service with overlap just in the phone and tablet market. Comparing revenues just in those markets would be more useful. I'm sure Apple is winning that one too.
    10-07-11 08:06 PM
    Does that 63 Billion include Apple computers? I'd say 20B from RIM is good if that's the case.
    10-07-11 09:18 PM
    Does that 63 Billion include Apple computers? I'd say 20B from RIM is good if that's the case.
    Yes, we are talking total revenue here.

That is what many people are overlooking, Apple sells in multiple markets: Computers, mp3 players, tablets, phones, and they get revenue from iTunes. While RIM primarily only sells smart phones, and tablets.
    10-07-11 09:28 PM
    Yes, we are talking total revenue here.

That is what many people are overlooking, Apple sells in multiple markets: Computers, mp3 players, tablets, phones, and they get revenue from iTunes. While RIM primarily only sells smart phones, and tablets.
    With all due respect, you're "tripping". Macs & iPods make up a small percentage of Apple's income. The iPhone itself represents 50% of Apples income with iOS being over 2/3rd's of overall revenue. Regardless of that fact let's look at the situation, Apple sales one smartphone, RIM sales many. RIM is only forecasting selling 13.5-14.5 million units this quarter, and that's taking all OS7 devices into consideration. Apple sold over 18 million iPhones last quarter, and we're talking a year old device. huge huge huge difference. I won't even go into the fact the iPad sold dang near 5 million tablets & RIM sold less than a quarter of a million.

I'm in no way shape or form saying RIM is dead or isn't going to survive. Not even close, but let's call a spade a spade and not get facts twisted. Just the fact RIM made over a BILLION dollars in service revenue last quarter is HUGE!! And this number will grow this quarter which is even better!

RIM is going to be fine and naysayers are going to be disappointed. But that doesn't give anyone the right to try and diminish someone else's accomplishments.
    10-07-11 10:35 PM
    With all due respect, you're "tripping". Macs & iPods make up a small percentage of Apple's income. The iPhone itself represents 50% of Apples income with iOS being over 2/3rd's of overall revenue. Regardless of that fact let's look at the situation, Apple sales one smartphone, RIM sales many. RIM is only forecasting selling 13.5-14.5 million units this quarter, and that's taking all OS7 devices into consideration. Apple sold over 18 million iPhones last quarter, and we're talking a year old device. huge huge huge difference. I won't even go into the fact the iPad sold dang near 5 million tablets & RIM sold less than a quarter of a million.

I'm in no way shape or form saying RIM is dead or isn't going to survive. Not even close, but let's call a spade a spade and not get facts twisted. Just the fact RIM made over a BILLION dollars in service revenue last quarter is HUGE!! And this number will grow this quarter which is even better!

RIM is going to be fine and naysayers are going to be disappointed. But that doesn't give anyone the right to try and diminish someone else's accomplishments.
    I didn't interpret it that way at all. What he said was a simple and undeniable fact -- Apple caters to a variety of markets that RIM does not. Plus, the iTunes Store is being slightly overlooked here -- it contributes massively to their revenue (some say it may approach $13 billion alone by 2013). Saying that doesn't diminish any of Apple's accomplishments -- more power to them and given their quarterly profits it's obviously working out pretty well for them. You just can't say that Apple's versatile market presence (when compared to RIM and other similar companies) doesn't contribute to their enormous success. It absolutely does.
    10-08-11 12:17 AM
    Uhmmm so when is att getting the 9900?

(My feeble attempt at getting us back on topic, even if its been a slightly dead topic)

10-08-11 07:34 AM
    Uhmmm so when is att getting the 9900?

(My feeble attempt at getting us back on topic, even if its been a slightly dead topic)

November is my guess.
    10-08-11 07:36 AM
1,957 ... 2324252627 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD