I am thinking about buying the IPhone 4s, it will probably have a very high resale value for the next few months.
    That's what i did last year. Made a pretty penny off the ip4.
    10-04-11 08:38 PM
    Please ATT bring the 9900 next week!
    Iphone 4s dropped the ball for ATT, now let 9900 come and kick ***.
    I'm cool with my torch 9800, but I want that amazing keyboard man!
    C'mon MaN!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    The 4S dropped the ball, yes, but people are still going to buy them, then continue to insult RIM for "releasing the same phone over and over." *Sigh*
    10-04-11 08:49 PM
  3. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    The Bold 9900 is THE phone to get .. hands down! ... Can't say enough great things about my experience with it since August 9th .... brilliant!
    mnhockeycoach99 likes this.
    10-04-11 11:47 PM
    The Bold 9900 is THE phone to get .. hands down! ... Can't say enough great things about my experience with it since August 9th .... brilliant!
    That's it......keep rubbing salt into the wound!
    10-05-11 06:38 AM
    The 4S dropped the ball, yes, but people are still going to buy them, then continue to insult RIM for "releasing the same phone over and over." *Sigh*
    The 4s isn't the same phone as the 4, it just looks the same (and has the same screen).
    10-05-11 09:03 AM
    Good people keep this thread alive
    Till it comes to at&t besides we can make it among the longest thread ever

10-05-11 09:50 AM
    The 4s isn't the same phone as the 4, it just looks the same (and has the same screen).
    I think that was his point. RIM was repeatedly bashed for releasing the "same" phone because it looked the same, but had different internals and software. Now that Apple did it, it is ok

mnhockeycoach99 and 3migo like this.
    10-05-11 09:56 AM
    I think that was his point. RIM was repeatedly bashed for releasing the "same" phone because it looked the same, but had different internals and software. Now that Apple did it, it is ok

Sorta like the pot calling the kettle black!
    mnhockeycoach99 likes this.
    10-05-11 10:30 AM
    Agree!! Its soooo awesome. Best phone ever.

10-05-11 10:42 AM

OS 7 isn't very different from OS 6 and prior to OS 7, BB was releasing lots of "different" devices with the same internals (9000, 9700, 9780, 9800).

The iPhone 4 is also the worlds best selling smartphone.
    10-05-11 11:48 AM
    apple get too much tech hippster love for no reason...
    OS7 is a good improvement particular for touch devices.

iphone4 is just one device if you combine several BB smartphones surely they outsell it easy...
    and i think samsung's galaxy (1+2) outsold iphone4 worldwide so its not exactly the worlds best selling smartphone...
    10-05-11 11:56 AM
    OS 7 isn't very different from OS 6 and prior to OS 7, BB was releasing lots of "different" devices with the same internals (9000, 9700, 9780, 9800).

The iPhone 4 is also the worlds best selling smartphone.
    The number of sales of the iphone 4 has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that the iphone4s is the "same" device as the iphone4 in the same way the the torch is the "same" as the torch 2 or the 9700 is the "same" as the 9780. They are all just updated versions of their predecessor.

ETA: you still seem to be missing the point. BB did it and was bashed for doing so, now that Apple is doing it, it seems to be accepted and defended.

10-05-11 12:39 PM
    The number of sales of the iphone 4 has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that the iphone4s is the "same" device as the iphone4 in the same way the the torch is the "same" as the torch 2 or the 9700 is the "same" as the 9780. They are all just updated versions of their predecessor.

Firstly selling an updated version of a predecessor is more likely to be successful if the predecessor was itself a huge success.

The 9700 and 9780 are the same phone aside from minor cosmetics, a slightly better camera in the 9780 and more memory and internal storage. Same CPU, same lack of a GPU, same radios (celluar, BT and wi-fi).

The 4S looks the same as the 4 but aside from the screen, all the significant components have been upgraded.
    10-05-11 12:48 PM
    Hey Siri - when will at&t release the 9900???
    10-05-11 01:02 PM
    Firstly selling an updated version of a predecessor is more likely to be successful if the predecessor was itself a huge success.
    You really like bringing up arguments that have absolutely nothing to do with the conversation. I never made any comment on whether one or the other would be successful or not. It has nothing to do with the fact that it is the "same" phone in the same way many BB refreshes were the "same" phone.

The 9700 and 9780 are the same phone aside from minor cosmetics, a slightly better camera in the 9780 and more memory and internal storage. Same CPU, same lack of a GPU, same radios (celluar, BT and wi-fi).
    The 9780 had some upgrades as well which you fail to mention. Anyway, I meant to type 9790.

I noticed you didn't comment on any of the other examples mentioned. Just ignoring facts that don't fit into you viewpoint, I see.

The 4S looks the same as the 4 but aside from the screen, all the significant components have been upgraded.
    Yes, components were upgraded. Just like with the many BB refreshes, yet BB gets bashed for doing so, and Apple is praised.

10-05-11 01:16 PM
    You really like bringing up arguments that have absolutely nothing to do with the conversation. I never made any comment on whether one or the other would be successful or not. It has nothing to do with the fact that it is the "same" phone in the same way many BB refreshes were the "same" phone.

The 9780 had some upgrades as well which you fail to mention. Anyway, I meant to type 9790.

I noticed you didn't comment on any of the other examples mentioned. Just ignoring facts that don't fit into you viewpoint, I see.

Yes, components were upgraded. Just like with the many BB refreshes, yet BB gets bashed for doing so, and Apple is praised.

Not sure what 9780 upgrades I failed to mention. Clearly though you are having problems connecting the dots so I will try to be clearer. BB gets bashed because the bashers feel that releasing minor upgrades to a mediocre smartphone (aka replacing one crappy phone with another) is not the way to succeed in the smartphone market.
    10-05-11 01:23 PM
    And now this thread has, as is so typical, devolved into ding dong measuring contest between Apple users and RIM users. Brilliant.
    10-05-11 01:27 PM
    There was more than cosmetics and camera. Do your own research. You still haven't addressed the other examples, but I don't expect you to. Again ignoring facts that don't fit into your viewpoint.

BB gets bashed because the bashers feel that releasing minor upgrades to a mediocre smartphone (aka replacing one crappy phone with another) is not the way to succeed in the smartphone market.
    Whether the refreshed (or original) BBs were good phones or not is, again, immaterial to topic of the conversation. They were bashed for being the "same" phone. Not for being the "same crappy" phone.

I'm done. I don't expect to get passed your Apple is infallible mindset.

10-05-11 01:34 PM
    bpgui, I declare your ding dong to be the biggest. Can this thread get back on topic now?
    psiclne likes this.
    10-05-11 01:36 PM
    There was more than cosmetics and camera. Do your own research. You still haven't addressed the other examples, but I don't expect you to. Again ignoring facts that don't fit into your viewpoint.

Whether the refreshed (or original) BBs were good phones or not is, again, immaterial to topic of the conversation. They were bashed for being the "same" phone. Not for being the "same crappy" phone.

I'm done. I don't expect to get passed your Apple is infallible mindset.

I have a 9780 and a 9700 (running BB OS 6.0). I use both daily. Only the 9700's chrome bezel helps me tell them apart.

The BBs were not bashed for being the same phone, they were bashed for being slow and out of date. The only exception was the 9810 where they stuffed much better internals into the unloved and ugly 9800 while keeping the same camera and somehow managing to make the phone look even uglier.
    10-05-11 02:56 PM
    bpgui, I declare your ding dong to be the biggest. Can this thread get back on topic now?
    ^^^^^^^ Bahahahahaha!

Hey no sword fighting!
    10-05-11 02:57 PM
    You are on Verizon. Does it really matter when AT&T get the 9900?
    10-05-11 03:14 PM
    Yes, it does.
    10-05-11 03:29 PM
    Yes, it does.
    Why would a Verizon customer care?
    10-05-11 03:54 PM
    Why would a Verizon customer care?
    Why does it matter if he is with Verizon? Maybe he wants to come to AT&T. Maybe a family member has AT&T and wants the 9900. Or a friend. There could be a magnitude of reasons why he follows and posts in this thread.
    10-05-11 03:59 PM
1,957 ... 2223242526 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD