Ummm, is there really room for a front camera? With the ever popular EDOF rear cam and smallish battery, one would think things are a bit tight in there as it is. I could be wrong though.

NOT bashing the 99xx phones, I will buy one at full price on release day, if the iphone waving, droid kissing store reps let me.

EDIT: Yay! Post #100, I have become an abuser!
    Last edited by AugustArborists; 09-29-11 at 07:47 PM.
    09-29-11 07:44 PM
    Aren't the keys on the Torch much smaller?
    09-29-11 11:02 PM
    Aren't the keys on the Torch much smaller?
    Yes they are, I compared them side by side the other day when I was talking to our AT&T rep and she was practically dueling over my Bold that she doesn't have yet lol.
    09-30-11 12:48 AM
    This is a very long thread.
    09-30-11 06:40 AM
    Yes, unfortunately the typical result of a very long and painful wait......

.......Is a very long and painful thread.
    09-30-11 09:36 AM
    Lol...that's because AT&T is taking a very long time. C'mon AT&T, squash this thread by releasing the Bold already.

Personally I moved on to the Torch 9810 which I LOVE while I wait for a QNX device, whenever that may be.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-30-11 11:44 AM
    Isn't this device out w other carriers? How can RIM not push them to bing it to market ASAP?

Is this delay a function of a technical or comparability with AT&T, or an intentional delay with by AT&T?

Could it really be as long as November?
    09-30-11 11:47 AM
    Is this delay a function of a technical or comparability with AT&T, or an intentional delay with by AT&T?
    Looks like someone didn't read the thread to which he has replied.
    09-30-11 12:17 PM
    Well, to be fair, when the message count goes over 500 it's hard to keep up...
    09-30-11 12:20 PM
    Reading becomes more difficult as the thread gets longer?
    09-30-11 12:37 PM
    36 pages...where are you coming from with that comment?
    09-30-11 01:46 PM
    this thread would be with much less pages without nonsense posts like some members posts.
    09-30-11 01:55 PM
    It be a lot less if people actually read the thread instead of asking questions that have already been asked multiple times

09-30-11 01:55 PM
    this thread would be with much less pages without nonsense posts like some members posts.
    But that's life...you have a gazillion people from all walks of life here, with widely different expertise and technical, market knowledge...36 pages, 500+ posts...while I read many pages and many posts, it's impractical to read them all and illogical to expect that people should.

If you care about how long a thread goes, then these kinds of comments don't help and it would be much more efficient just providing your perspective/answer.

Frankly, I've read conflicting opinions here about my question and the launch date.
    Last edited by SoxFan; 09-30-11 at 02:05 PM.
    09-30-11 02:02 PM
    You guys would only have 14 pages if you goto USER CP & set your options to 40 posts per page
    09-30-11 02:12 PM
    Will October 4th - aka the iPhone 5 / 4S announcement date, affect anyone's decision to wait for the BB 9900 on AT&T?

--my thoughts here--
    BB 9800 user here... I want the 9900 so badly, I have looked into buying an unlocked version from Telus, but cannot bring myself to pay full price ($500-ish+shipping), for a phone that is already out of date/not on par with the standard features of MOST smartphones.

Once that one BBM equivalent Apple has talked about releases on the iPhone OS, I may have to jump the sinking RIM ship. I went from ipG1->ip3G->BB9000->ip3GS->BB9800. In and out of love with RIM. I've been insulted/looked down upon due to my phone choice on many occasions and it is so disheartening, especially since I'm such a Blackberry-stan. As much as everyone may disagree, the standard nowadays has really changed to:

8MP
    Touch integration of some sort (with or without physical keyboard)
    ESTABLISHED Appstore
    Front-Facing Camera

People can disagree as much as they want and say Blackberry phones are business devices, but the fact of the matter is that the average consumer wants more than just business on a phone, they want capabilities. Although they may not use it as much, knowing you can is almost more important. Those debating the relevancy and urgency of front facing camera -- I'm 20, and know many (girls & guys) around my age who have bought phones based on prettyness of OS, popularity among celebrities, & frontfacing cameras alone. Currently technology & smartphones are especially purchased by younger demographics imho. If they do not cater to the masses, RIM will suffer in sales.

Do you think AT&T may release a revised 9900 (9980) with a front facing camera + 4G + 8MP and is possibly saving this to release shortly thereafter the iPhone5/4S release?

I feel after the ip5/4s release there is no purpose to even buy a 9900 given the fact that it becomes obsolete in many aspects via hardware/camera/entertainment/etc.
    So there is the problem. There is not just one "standard." Bored 20-year-old kids are not the only people in the smartphone market. Some of us set another "standard" by valuing business productivity above all else. That means fundamentals: reliability, good signal, battery life, tight Outlook/Office integration, messaging, security, and the ability to get things done as quickly as possible.

Have you actually tried to copy and paste text on an Android (on the apps that actually support it)? Been there; done that. How about accepting a meeting notice on iOS? Can't even open it. The simplest tasks are downright painful (and often impossible) on these devices.

I like a touchscreen, but I don't want to be forced to use it exclusively for everything. With the keyboard, trackpad, *and* touchscreen on the 9900, I can fly through just about any operation.

While I agree with you that impressive specs are nice to have, I have developed complex products and I can tell you that trade-offs *must* be made. IMHO, Android and iOS compromise the fundamentals for the entertainment features. That's fine for entertainment-centric users, but BlackBerry is the only device that places the priority on productivity.

Time is money. If your friends want to waste it on "Angry Birds," then let them have their iPhones. But don't apologize for having the right tool for the job when it is time to get the work done.
    09-30-11 05:34 PM
    I have nothing sensible to contribute but from the comments of this page & the last page, people were complaining that this thread is toooooo long so I posted this to help make this thread into the next page

09-30-11 06:49 PM
    Mod, time to kill this thread. at&t will serve no wine, until its time.
    09-30-11 07:39 PM
    see how long this thread is....this how long the lines would be if ATT would release the 9900. lol
    YourMobileGuru likes this.
    09-30-11 08:34 PM
    Mod, time to kill this thread. at&t will serve no wine, until its time.
    Getting very close...
    09-30-11 09:17 PM
    Getting very close...
    Close to which... mods killing the thread, or AT&T releasing the 9900?
    09-30-11 09:19 PM
    Close to which... mods killing the thread, or AT&T releasing the 9900?
    LOL. Both, but much closer to closing the thread.

Edit: Below: Course you were. Sorry my friend. In due time.
    09-30-11 09:22 PM
    LOL. Both, but much closer to closing the thread.
    Thanks. Although I was hoping for a different answer.
    Dammerung2010 likes this.
    09-30-11 09:24 PM
    Aw c'mon. By 11/20 this thread will be epic. Oh... Yeah, I see why you would want it to die before the release date.
    09-30-11 10:31 PM
    I vote we let this thread go on. Could it get so long that (1) it becomes the biggest thread in the history of man, and (2) it gets so big that it causes the servers to explode?

I really think we should find out, and then forward it to AT&T.
    10-01-11 06:19 AM
1,957 ... 2021222324 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD